Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - quint

Oldal: 12345678910
Dátum: 2010.11.12. 11:59:39
Thanks, I'll start right away. It will take some time, I'll let you know when it's done.
Dátum: 2010.11.12. 10:09:16
You can do it yourself, after I create the quests page, there will be a column called Hints where I'll set up links for each quest, and clicking on that link will take you to the page where you can add the guide for completing the quest.
Dátum: 2010.11.12. 07:42:29
Something like that exists on the Hungarian page too, but it's only a few quests with tips on how to do them. If you could provide such information for all quests, that would be awesome. And yes, I do need the list of quests, as well as the list of clan buildings too, with their official description. Each building will have a separate page with additional information, that will be translated from Hungarian, but new information can be added there too.
Dátum: 2010.11.11. 20:42:04
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.11.11. 20:03:56
I hope this is what you need

It's great, thanks for the hard work. I'll start creating the skills pages tomorrow, but each skill will have a separate page for its description, so it will take some time to finish.
Dátum: 2010.11.11. 08:38:03
I created this topic because I wanted a place where I can notify people of the updates regarding the Doomlord wiki site a few people (including myself) are developing.

So, as the topic title says, the address of the site is http://doomlord.wikidot.com. This page is largely based on the Hungarian wiki site, and it's intended to be an English counterpart to that page. The purpose is to help non-Hungarian players to find as much information as possible about the game. It is currently a work in progress, some information are already present, while a lot of pages still are to be translated. What we have so far:

- items available at the soul-huckster grouped by various criteria (all items, items by type, items by level, and we even have separate lists for premium and non-premium items)
- list of adventures, which shows the ID, name and the tests of the adventures found so far. This list exists thanks to those players willing to share information who submitted adventures they found. If you also want to join that group and help us out with new additions to that list, please check the adventure's ID before accepting it (by moving your mouse over the delete button of the adventure and checking the number listed at the end of the link), and then submit it along with the name of the adventure and the list of tests it consists of. You can either post it in this topic or send it to me as a private message. It is also possible to get update rights to the wiki page, just let me know your wikidot account name, and I'll send you an invitation. But if you decide to do this, please be extra careful whenever editing the pages of the site. One more thing about adventures: I decided to accept partially completed adventures too. (even ones with only an ID number) I will mark it in the table if an adventure is not complete.
- list of creatures that you can encounter in the game. This is partially translated from Hungarian, I'll try to translate as much of it as I can, but I can only do it by checking monsters captured and trained by players, so basically, I'm checking the highscores for information. If you see some creature in the list whose name is not yet translated, and you know its English name, please let me know.

That's it for now. But as I said, it's a work in progress, new information is loaded/translated every day, so keep checking back from time to time for news. And please spread the word about the page, so people can benefit from it. (and that way maybe I can also get more players to contribute to the adventure list too )

So, there it is, I hope it will prove to be helpful to a lot of people.

PS: If you find any errors on the site (either regarding the content or grammatical errors), please let me know so I can correct it.
Dátum: 2010.11.11. 07:59:44
I prefer to use the forums for communication. I'll create a new topic for my page, please post the adventures there, or you could also send me a private message.
Dátum: 2010.11.11. 07:46:26
That's a good idea, I second that.
Dátum: 2010.11.10. 20:20:19
That must have been a different bot. It probably doesn't take a genius to write a bot that tries to hit you every few seconds or so, or even at random intervals. The only way to defend against a bot like that is to spend all you have before you come out of the safe zone. Or just write a counter-bot, which tries to hit the epic monster every few seconds. And then we can call it "the bot wars".
Dátum: 2010.11.10. 10:04:41
I almost forgot, I also need the names of the creatures you can hunt down. This will definitely not be easy. I set up a page where I copied the table with monsters from the Hungarian wiki site, but the names will have to be translated as we find them out one by one. I can use a lot of help with this page too, but if you edit it, please be extremely careful with the syntax not to break links, and make sure you change the text to bold for each creature whose name you translate. A lot of the names sound very much alike in English, so even if you don't speak Hungarian, you can guess some of them. But for each creature, there is a link to its picture which can make it easier to identify them.
Dátum: 2010.11.09. 14:04:39
Idézet: Miklos - 2010.11.06. 09:20:55
Ok, I will ask Baraty on Monday, he logs everything, he can check if you signed up or not.

Any news?
Dátum: 2010.11.08. 21:34:37
Sorry, I was pretty much short of time, but now I managed to send you an invitation. The info I need directly in English currently is the skills and their description, and clan buildings and their description. But I need mainly the adventures page to be filled continuously with new data. ImLittleJon does a fine job updating it, and I received a lot of adventures from Inv_ too, but if others could send in their adventures too, it would make it grow a lot faster. And I would like to stress out again that we need the ID of the adventure too. (that's for anyone who might have missed the previous posts in this topic)
Dátum: 2010.11.07. 08:23:50
Idézet: Inv_ - 2010.11.07. 01:02:23
you're welcome to bid 101 ducats

You probably won't believe this, but that specific item is always bought for more than 100 ducats on the Hungarian worlds. It's a source of amusement for me and my clan mates every time it pops up in the auction hall.
Dátum: 2010.11.06. 09:16:18
The thing is that I kind of have everything I want to use, but in Hungarian. So yes, a lot of things would be useful from ChaoticGemini's site, and when I get to creating those pages, I'll definitely ask her permission to use the already translated information.

Stekkos, you need to sign up at wikidot.com and let me know your account name. Then I'll send an invitation to that account. Do you speak Hungarian BTW? If so, I could use your help in translating information too, not only with the adventures. (there is a lot of translating to do, and currently I'm the only one for that job) Anyway, if you need help with the structure used by wikidot for tables (because that's what I used on the adventures page), let me know. And send me the name of you wikidot account so I can send you an invitation.
Dátum: 2010.11.06. 08:58:06
Idézet: Miklos - 2010.11.06. 08:03:34
Quint: Thank you, we shall fix the link. If you didn't participate in the championship, there can be only 2 reasons: you did not sign up, or there was not enough participants in the given category.
About the EH bug, please send specifics (which character attacked which, on which world) to the programmer at bug doomlord net so he can test it out and fix it.

Well, as I said, there must have been enough participants, because someone did win the medal. I was just hoping you could check in the logs somewhere whether I signed up or not, because if I did, there might be a bug, and I'm almost sure I did. Not 100% sure, that's true, but almost. I just don't want it to happen to me again if it was a bug. But next time I'll definitely make a screenshot after signing up.

About the EH bug, I kinda ran out of DPs and they come slowly, so I don't do a lot of duels these days. I forgot to save the old ones, and though I remember the name of the player with whom it happened often, I don't think that's quite enough for a bug report without the exact date of the duels with bugs. But if the bug comes up again, I'll send the report.
Dátum: 2010.11.05. 18:32:09
There's an error on World 2 at the "Member of clan xxxx" and "Jump to the character sheet" links in the championship battles. Those links point at www.doomlord.net whereas they should be linked to world2.doomlord.net.

Another possible error is that my W1 character Joxer didn't participate at the championships, although I double checked it yesterday to make sure I applied with all my characters. I can't be 100% sure that I didn't miss that one, but I would appreciate if there was a way to check if I applied at all. And if I did, what could have happened? This time the championships did take place for my level, I saw that in the list of world events.
Dátum: 2010.11.05. 17:41:47
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.11.05. 17:20:14
If you're going to number them, wouldn't it be best to use the internal ids?

That's a very good idea, thanks. I wasn't aware of the existence of that internal numbering. However, the problem is that I haven't asked that kind of information from the people who submitted their adventures so far, so I have no record of that data for the already submitted adventures. But that information can be added later when people willing to help encounter those adventures again. For now, I'll just remove the numbers completely, except for the adventure you mentioned. (I'll change it to 29)

So to all people who want to help, please move your mouse over the delete button of the adventure and write down the ID listed at the end of the link. (I don't know about other browsers, but if you're using Firefox, you will see the link in the status bar if it's enabled) After writing it down, you can do the adventure and then submit it along with the name and the list of the tests. Be careful not to click accidentally on the delete button! I would also like to ask for the IDs of the adventures already in the list but without an ID.

Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.11.05. 17:20:14
Second, a clanmate told me the adventures are level-related. If that's true, maybe add a column for what level(s) the adventure is valid for?

As far as I know, adventures are not tied to specific levels, any level can get any of the adventures. What depends on your level is the level of accepted potions in adventures and the reward you receive. Also, your level determines the level of the tests too, but there is also a random factor involved there.
Dátum: 2010.11.05. 16:15:23
I'm sorry, I left out the colon from the address. I fixed it now. But before adding an adventure, please make sure it is not in the list yet.
Dátum: 2010.11.05. 09:43:13
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.11.05. 00:24:21
You can't ever prove something like this is impossible. But I do not believe she was sitting there manually attacking me every 10 seconds for over half an hour.

No human being can do that for so long and for every single target he/she intends to hit. It must be an android of some kind to be able to do that without getting bored very soon. It rather sounds like a bot to me. And if a bot is well written, nobody will detect it. It's enough to set it to try to hit you at random times, not every 10 seconds, but at various intervals from 1 to 20 seconds, for example. That kind of bot will never create any suspicious activity at server side, especially if they throw in some random page loading in the middle, like character sheet, clan page or some other pages. It's absolutely undetectable.

Now if that's how MsPiggy does it or simply by just using brilliant tactics, I can't possibly know. The facts make it more probable that she/he does use bots (which is cheating by definition), and so far, I have only seen comments like "she's that good", "she's better than you", "not exploiting bugs or flaws" from people who defend MsPiggy. Those are not facts, those are opinions. The only facts so far were presented by ImLittleJon. Some facts are required from MsPiggy too, like how she figured out when to hit ImLittleJon exactly at the right time. Some details are to be presented in this matter, otherwise the doubt will remain.

But there's a question to ImLittleJon too, coming from dark22, to which I would also like to see an answer: was it really 10 seconds after leveling up? Of course, if it wasn't 10 seconds but at least 1 minute, it would still not mean that there was no bot involved, but it would make it less probable.

So, I'm really curious what comes out of this. As much as I would like to believe that nobody cheats in this game, I have enough experience with online games to know that even the seemingly most innocent player can be a hardcore cheater. It's just human nature. But it's also true that appearances can be deceiving. It's now up to MsPiggy to refute the accusation by presenting a humanly possible way of doing what she managed to do.
Dátum: 2010.11.04. 15:20:45
Good news, http://doomlord.wikidot.com is working, content is being uploaded continuously. I will keep the other page online for a while, but I will retire it when all its current content becomes available at http://doomlord.wikidot.com.
Dátum: 2010.11.03. 09:18:53
I changed the adventures list because I realized that I wouldn't be able to keep the alphabetical ordering in the long run, so I ordered it by date of submission. (and I numbered them for easier reference, if needed) Thanks to those who contributed so far.

BTW, I sent in a release request of the site name "doomlord" at wikidot.com. I hope they will decide in my favour, as the page currently using that name shows nothing more than the default wikidot content. It clearly has not been edited since it was created. If I succeed, I will change the name of the site.
Oldal: 12345678910