Hozzászólások - Elgoran

Oldal: 1
Dátum: 2010.05.28. 16:42:44
The Aura around a person is?

Made up
Their personality
Colors that have no effect on us
Energy surrounding the body <-- marked correct

Horrible, horrible question. Unless someone can cite valid scientific observation of auras, correct answer is "Made up". Either delete this question or use phrases like "in parapsychology", "is alleged to be" etc.
Dátum: 2010.05.28. 16:39:01
How many types of dog breeds are recognized by the AKC?

157 <-- marked correct

It's special knowledge in my opinion and it's wrong too. American Kennel Club lists 163 recognized breeds. Additionaly there are 12 Miscellaneous Class Breeds which likely will be recognized it the future, so no point really in fixing this question - answer will change.
Dátum: 2010.05.18. 18:40:14
which tamla motown group was once called the four aims ?

four seasons
supremes
tempations
four tops

Capitalization, please. And it will be nice to mention in question, that it refers to recording label. It's very close to special knowledge as it is.
Dátum: 2010.04.18. 11:08:44
My mother and I had a child. Who is my mother?

My brother's grandmother
My son's grandmother <-- marked correct
My son's sister
My aunt

Logic of this question escapes me, but it can be my not-so-good command of English...
Dátum: 2010.04.14. 16:48:57
What country is the Samsung headquarters based?

Hong Kong
Tokyo
South Korea <-- marked correct
Singapore

Tokyo is a city and I don't know if Hong Kong can be considered country - it's Chinese special administrative region with limited autonomy.
Dátum: 2010.04.08. 16:08:07
Martin Luther is credited with starting the protestant reforms by nailing his 95 theses to the church door, what is the name of that church?

Wittenburg Church <-- marked as correct
St. Michael's
Sistine Chapel
San Marcos Basilica

It's wrong on two counts. First, it's located in Wittenberg, not Wittenburg which is different town altogether. Second, proper church name is either All Saints' Church or Castle Church (Schlosskirche in German).
Dátum: 2010.03.18. 18:36:58
The fastest animal on two legs is what?

Ostrich <-- marked as correct
Peregrine falcon
Chimpanzee
Kangaroo

Actually, peregrine falcon is certainly fastest animal here - when it's flying. Question should either specify that it asks about land speed or falcon should be removed from answers.
Dátum: 2010.02.11. 20:00:39
I don't have exact wording of question, but it asked which actor did not play role (misspelled as roll) of Dr Hannibal Lecter. Answers:
Brian Cox
Sir Anthony Hopkins
Gaspard Ulliel
Aaran Thomas <- marked as correct.

In fact, all those actors portrayed Lecter. Aaran Thomas played young Hannibal Lecter in "Hannibal Rising" (2007). One can argue that played character wasn't M.D. yet and thus not Dr Hannibal Lecter, but I really hate trick questions of this kind.
Dátum: 2009.11.04. 17:42:32
What day is the last day of the Mayan calender?
12-21-2012
12-12-2012
12-11-2012
12-20-2012

Please, either use ISO standard dates or month names. Not everyone is used to american dates.
Dátum: 2009.10.22. 18:28:51
I don't have full question text - it's gone after answering, and I didn't copy it beforehand. It was something like "How many spines does hedgehog have?" with answer 16,000 marked as correct. But according to following link from British Hedgehog Preservation Society, adult hedgehog have between 5,000 and 7,000 spines.
http://www.britishhedgehogs.org.uk/FAQS/general.htm
Dátum: 2009.09.10. 14:27:48
Amber (gemstone) is...

a mineral form of iron oxide.
a variety of the mineral beryl.
a fossilized tree resin.
an allotrope of carbon.

I've got "Forbidden word in the 3. answer" error when submitting this question. Is it "fossilized" or what? Language filter seems a bit oversensitive...
Oldal: 1