Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
much likedSpin
Végzetúr poronty
83 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
921. hozzászólás - 2010.04.13. 05:55:29 (Válasz stekkos #912 hozzászólására.)
I agree that some have been killed and we have weighed them, but since there is know way to get weight on random blue whales in the ocean than it really is more an approziamtion and a question that says up to how much should not be allowed. If it was say what was the heaviest a blue whale that has been killed has weighed that would be different. It is like saying up to how tall can a human grow? while we might be able to say 7 feet or something like that there is always a mutation that comes along and then someone is born 7' 1" and then 7 foot isn't the max anymore.

The first line of wikipedia for blue whales says:

The blue whale (Balaenoptera musculus) is a marine mammal belonging to the suborder of baleen whales (called Mysticeti).[3] At up to 33 metres (108 ft) in length and 180 metric tons (200 short tons)[4] or more in weight, it is the largest animal ever known to have existed.[5]

Even it says or more. so clearly it should be thrown out as a question.
A hozzászólást Spin módosította 2010.04.13. 05:58:55-kor
Pontszám: 5
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
922. hozzászólás - 2010.04.13. 06:12:04 (Válasz Thucydides #913 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Thucydides - 2010.04.12. 08:45:05
Which one, which figure on national flag, are the most widespread symbol?

and this question made it in??......really outstanding evaluators!

Yeah, I complained about this one about 2 weeks ago. Glad to see the forum is monitored by Game Admins, eh?
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
923. hozzászólás - 2010.04.13. 06:16:10 (Válasz Spin #921 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Spin - 2010.04.13. 05:55:29
I agree that some have been killed and we have weighed them, but since there is know way to get weight on random blue whales in the ocean than it really is more an approziamtion and a question that says up to how much should not be allowed. If it was say what was the heaviest a blue whale that has been killed has weighed that would be different. It is like saying up to how tall can a human grow? while we might be able to say 7 feet or something like that there is always a mutation that comes along and then someone is born 7' 1" and then 7 foot isn't the max anymore.

The first line of wikipedia for blue whales says:

The blue whale (Balaenoptera musculus) is a marine mammal belonging to the suborder of baleen whales (called Mysticeti).[3] At up to 33 metres (108 ft) in length and 180 metric tons (200 short tons)[4] or more in weight, it is the largest animal ever known to have existed.[5]

Even it says or more. so clearly it should be thrown out as a question.

It's like asking "What is the weight of an adult human" 150, 200, 225, 250
Any of those are legitimate answers (as are both higher and lower numbers) depending if you're talking about a male or female, skinny or fat, healthy or sick.
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
924. hozzászólás - 2010.04.13. 10:35:36
from which city is new order from?
london
leeds
manchester
liverpool

??

Capital...sentence...towns...2 froms...???
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
925. hozzászólás - 2010.04.13. 19:04:38
Which counrty of the 4 is an Asian country?

N i c e.
averagegorso
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
926. hozzászólás - 2010.04.14. 11:52:07
Question about who invented the rocket. Rockets were created by the chinese well before the man that was quoted in the question.
averageBoar
Végzetúr poronty
154 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
927. hozzászólás - 2010.04.14. 14:54:01
How many even prime numbers are there?

I can't understand the question! Even with what? What the hell is this supposed to mean?

Who wrote the Capital?
Engels
Marx
Robespierre
Lenin

The Google can't answer this for me. Now what? Are you sure this is the correct translation of the book's title?
Pontszám: 3
much likedTusina
Végzetúr poronty
9 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
928. hozzászólás - 2010.04.14. 15:22:53 (Válasz Boar #927 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Boar - 2010.04.14. 14:54:01

I can't understand the question! Even with what? What the hell is this supposed to mean?

Prime number is a number that can be divided only by 1 and itself.
The answer to this question is 1, because the only even number that fits the criteria is 2 for obvious reasons. (other prime numbers: 1, 2, 3, 7, 11, 13, etc)

Who wrote the Capital?
Engels
Marx
Robespierre
Lenin

The Google can't answer this for me. Now what? Are you sure this is the correct translation of the book's title?

Well of course it was Marx, and I found the answer by simply googling "Capital". Wikipedia disambiguation pages are useful

Tho to be honest I don't see why the name is translated. The book is called Das Kapital...

BTW Marx had a beautiful beard.
much likedTusina
Végzetúr poronty
9 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
929. hozzászólás - 2010.04.14. 15:31:15
There was a question about the average IQ of humans. Didn't catch the exact phrasing but whatever...

Error 1: The "correct answer" was 120, which is incorrect. It's actually 100. Go see Mensa's web pages for more info.
Error 2: The question is faulty since it doesn't say who's measuring. There are countless webpages claiming to show you your IQ..

I mostly score above 155 and I assure you I'm not fit to be a member of Mensa. (Last time I checked it was around 140 to get in Mensa. That number changes all the time since the scale to measure IQ changes according to the average IQ of tested people. That only should give you an idea why the correct answer is 100...)

BTW they rejected my perfectly spelled and correct question about berries a while back.. Reason: over 75% of answers were wrong...

I find that quite funny since many of the QUESTIONS that actually make it to my screen are wrong...

Thank you evaluators.
Pontszám: 6
popularElgoranFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
11 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
930. hozzászólás - 2010.04.14. 16:48:57
What country is the Samsung headquarters based?

Hong Kong
Tokyo
South Korea <-- marked correct
Singapore

Tokyo is a city and I don't know if Hong Kong can be considered country - it's Chinese special administrative region with limited autonomy.
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
931. hozzászólás - 2010.04.14. 17:30:46
What is the group that orginaly created dragostea din tei?
O-zone
The Beatles
Hannah Montana
The Jonas Brothers

Zeus the leader of the Greek Gods was of who's son?
Homer and Marge
Theseus
Kronos and gaia
Athena and herculles

how did they get in?
A hozzászólást Pogaxa módosította 2010.04.14. 17:36:07-kor
Pontszám: 7.50
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
932. hozzászólás - 2010.04.14. 17:32:51 (Válasz Tusina #929 hozzászólására.)
BTW they rejected my perfectly spelled and correct question about berries a while back.. Reason: over 75% of answers were wrong...

it isn't the evaluators, it's automatic - it's the players who weren't able to answer your question.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
933. hozzászólás - 2010.04.14. 18:12:38 (Válasz Boar #927 hozzászólására.)

What don't you understand? I'm sure you know what Even numbers are. I'm sure you know what Prime numbers are. So how many numbers are both Even AND Prime. It's really an easy question.

Who wrote the Capital?
Engels
Marx
Robespierre
Lenin

This is another question I complained about 2-3 weeks ago. Gotta live how valuable a tool this Forum is, eh?
averagegrudge
Végzetúr poronty
8 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
934. hozzászólás - 2010.04.14. 19:34:36 (Válasz Tusina #928 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Tusina - 2010.04.14. 15:22:53

The answer to this question is 1, because the only even number that fits the criteria is 2 for obvious reasons. (other prime numbers: 1, 2, 3, 7, 11, 13, etc)

ur prime number definiton is deficient
prime number is a natural number which has 2 different natural number divisors
and this is why 1 is not a prime number
averagegrudge
Végzetúr poronty
8 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
935. hozzászólás - 2010.04.14. 19:40:17 (Válasz Tusina #929 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Tusina - 2010.04.14. 15:31:15
There was a question about the average IQ of humans. Didn't catch the exact phrasing but whatever...

Error 1: The "correct answer" was 120, which is incorrect. It's actually 100. Go see Mensa's web pages for more info.

i ve seen this question many times. first time checked 100 and got a wrong answer. tought its 100 , it said 120 and since then i m checking 120
lol they r falsing out true knowledge with these questions. ty for posting this error.
averagegrudge
Végzetúr poronty
8 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
936. hozzászólás - 2010.04.14. 19:56:35
What is the most common element in the human body?

Calcium
Carbon
Oxygen
Hydrogen

this question must be explained
answer depends on what u r seeking.
if u r asking in mass answer is oxygen, if u r asking in moles answer hydrogen.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
937. hozzászólás - 2010.04.14. 22:12:56 (Válasz grudge #934 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: grudge - 2010.04.14. 19:34:36
Idézet: Tusina - 2010.04.14. 15:22:53

ur prime number definiton is deficient
prime number is a natural number which has 2 different natural number divisors
and this is why 1 is not a prime number

In school I was taught that it was a number that was divisible only by 1 and itself. I guess it depends how literally you take the "and" part, as 1 is technically divisible by 1 and itself - they're just the same number.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
938. hozzászólás - 2010.04.14. 23:17:05
Which pagan German epic poem was recorded by the Christians?
The Knight in the Panther Skin
The Song of the Nibelungs
Odyssey
Kalevala

The only thing I find online is Beowulf. And are we talking about religious Christians or a band Christians? Seems odd that a poem would be recorded by musicians, but it also seems off that a religious group would record a poem. It's just a very strangely worded question - with answers that don't come up on Google.
much likedSpin
Végzetúr poronty
83 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
939. hozzászólás - 2010.04.14. 23:59:32 (Válasz Boar #927 hozzászólására.)

Who wrote the Capital?
Engels
Marx
Robespierre
Lenin

Even as in even or odd. 2,4,6,8 are all even numbers, 1,3,5,7,9 are all odd numbers. So the question is asking how many of the prime numbers are even.

As for the other question it is the right title, the question might come up better in the german title "Das Kapital" since google only likes to find state and local capitals.
much likedTusina
Végzetúr poronty
9 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
940. hozzászólás - 2010.04.15. 04:24:09 (Válasz Pogaxa #932 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Pogaxa - 2010.04.14. 17:32:51

it isn't the evaluators, it's automatic - it's the players who weren't able to answer your question.

Even better!
The question asked "Which of these is not a berry" and listed 4 different kinds of fruit and vegetables.
What do they teach in schools these days...?
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője