Topic neve: Quiz errors
irritatingLord Jomes
Végzetúr poronty
12 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
401. hozzászólás - 2010.02.10. 01:13:17
What does a montreme mean?

I only have an issue with how the question is worded. Better perhaps, "Which of the following describes a Monotreme?" It seems like the question is asking what "monotreme" means.

Side note trivia: Monotreme is latin, and roughly translates to "one hole." This refers to the lack of separate urogenital and anal openings found in its members. Like birds, monotremes have a "unihole" or cloaca. Unihole is a great made up word
Pontszám: 4.67
unpopularforgrace
Végzetúr poronty
4 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
402. hozzászólás - 2010.02.10. 02:00:10
Which one is a famous parfume mark?

Omega
Miyako
Dolce & Gabbana
Rado

what's answer
Pontszám: 4.33
much likedMobiusFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
403. hozzászólás - 2010.02.10. 07:37:45
There is a question that asks: How much volumes does the biggest dictionary in the world have? They say the answer is 16 and that is wrong. See here: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_world%27s_largest_dictionary
The 40-volume Woordenboek der Nederlandsche Taal (Dictionary of the Dutch Language) - or 43 volumes if you include the recent supplements. It took about 150 years to produce.
Pontszám: 6
much likedDeath
Végzetúr poronty
14 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
404. hozzászólás - 2010.02.10. 10:09:26
Who wrote "The Four Noble Truths" ?
Billy Graham
Chris West
The Dalai Lama
L Ron Hubbard

The Four Noble Truths appear many times, throughout the most ancient Buddhist texts, the Pali Canon. It wasn't written by the Dalai Lama.
Pontszám: 5
averageSavanurFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
8 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
405. hozzászólás - 2010.02.10. 15:07:46
For the question "What Country invented the Internet?" the answer is Russia but technically the US invented the internet as it is know today. Russia invented a network that evolved. I believe the answer is debateable.
averageSavanurFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
8 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
406. hozzászólás - 2010.02.10. 15:08:39 (Válasz Mobius #403 hozzászólására.)
I agree with you. In fact after spending several hours of searching I could not find a reference for any of the answer selections.
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
407. hozzászólás - 2010.02.10. 15:58:26
Someone asked where is the longest river in the World is and the answers provided were Africa, America, Europe and Asia. The answer given: America. Unfortunately, this is incorrect. Admittedly there has been a dispute as to whether the Amazon (America) or the Nile (Africa) are the longest rivers, but considering that the total length of the Amazon is only 3,980 miles and the Nile is 4,135 miles, the answer to the question should be Africa.
popularDedhedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
408. hozzászólás - 2010.02.10. 22:56:44 (Válasz Dedhed #391 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Dedhed - 2010.02.07. 23:58:36
Longest River in the world question:

Nile(North/East Africa) - length: 4,135 miles - The Answer according to the sites I looked at to check.
Amazon(South America) - length: 3,980 miles - Quiz answer given as Correct.

- some researchers are claiming that the Amazon is actually longer than people think, but all the current lists say the Nile is longest.

Idézet: Hyannis - 2010.02.10. 15:58:26
Someone asked where is the longest river in the World is and the answers provided were Africa, America, Europe and Asia. The answer given: America. Unfortunately, this is incorrect. Admittedly there has been a dispute as to whether the Amazon (America) or the Nile (Africa) are the longest rivers, but considering that the total length of the Amazon is only 3,980 miles and the Nile is 4,135 miles, the answer to the question should be Africa.
A hozzászólást Dedhed módosította 2010.02.10. 23:00:07-kor
Pontszám: 4
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
409. hozzászólás - 2010.02.10. 23:12:21 (Válasz Dedhed #408 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Dedhed - 2010.02.10. 22:56:44
Longest River in the world question:

Nile(North/East Africa) - length: 4,135 miles - The Answer according to the sites I looked at to check.
Amazon(South America) - length: 3,980 miles - Quiz answer given as Correct.

- some researchers are claiming that the Amazon is actually longer than people think, but all the current lists say the Nile is longest.

Idézet: Hyannis - 2010.02.10. 15:58:26

Dedhed - You have repeated what I wrote earlier. The author of the question stated that South America is where the longest river in the World is, which is incorrect. The longest river in the World is the Nile which is in Africa.
Pontszám: 4
popularDedhedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
410. hozzászólás - 2010.02.11. 00:03:41 (Válasz Hyannis #409 hozzászólására.)
Yes i was high-lighting the fact that i had already given the same facts the day before.
irritatingLord Jomes
Végzetúr poronty
12 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
411. hozzászólás - 2010.02.11. 00:33:00
In Lord of the Ring, what form did the firework lit by Mary and his friend at the festival?

I think this was how this question was posted. Just needs better wording and a spelling correction. Also, in the book Gandalf ignited his fireworks without hobbit help.

In the cinema version of The Lord of the Rings, what form did the firework lit by Merry and Pippin take?
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
412. hozzászólás - 2010.02.11. 02:59:35 (Válasz Lord Jomes #411 hozzászólására.)
Wow, not only is that one poorly worded, but that is awfully specific knowledge.
much likedSpin
Végzetúr poronty
83 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
413. hozzászólás - 2010.02.11. 05:38:32 (Válasz Hyannis #398 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Hyannis - 2010.02.09. 14:56:12
Idézet: Spin - 2010.02.09. 14:08:08
Idézet: Hyannis - 2010.02.08. 14:30:59
Someone asked the following question:

Who discovered the ruins of Troy?

The possible answers were:

a} Henrich Schliemann
b} Flinders Petrie
c} Howard Carter
d} Artur Evans

The author of the question stated that Henrich Schliemann had discovered the ruins. This is incorrect. Henrich excavated the ruins from 1870 until 1890. The correct answer to the question is not even part of the possible answers - Charles McLaren. He discovered the ruins in 1822.

Please correct this question / answer - Thank you.

To start Henrich is mispelled and is missing an i, should be Heinrich. Secondly, Schliemann is the correct answer, since McLaren is only credited with suggesting the site as the location, since it was Schliemann and another man who actually excavated the ruins proving McLaren's theory correct he is one that archaeology has creditied with the discovery.

Check your facts correctly. 1822 the ruins were discovered by McLaren and it wasn't until 1870 before the ruins were actually excavated.
Schliemann only excavated and did not discover the ruins, which the question is asking. For further info goto http://www.allaboutturkey.com/troy.htm

I have checked my facts, and I checked yours, the site you list is run by a tour guide out of turkey, here is the from the bottom of the site.

All About Turkey © Burak Sansal 1996–2010, a certified professional tour guide in Turkey. Contact Burak at buraksan@superonline.com for all kinds of regular and/or private travel services throughout the country

This is generally considered a non scholarly or noncredable site. Since the owner is also the writer and doesn't say where he got his info from. My info on the other hand is from Archaeology Essentials a peer reviewed text book for a university Archaeology class. The authors are noted archaeologists as well as respected within their field. Unlike a tour guide who are known fudging the truth to spice up the tours a bit.
much likedSpin
Végzetúr poronty
83 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
414. hozzászólás - 2010.02.11. 05:50:20
On the Donald and Keifer Sutherland question, just change the where are they from to what nationality are they. Since they both are of Canadian Nationality. It is quite true that Keifer and his sister were born in England, but during the time of their birth their father was working on several projects for BBC, so most likely his wife was over there with him during the pregancy. Which is why they retained there Canadian Nationality.
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
415. hozzászólás - 2010.02.11. 13:49:21 (Válasz Spin #413 hozzászólására.)
I have also checked your facts and it is not Heinrich Schliemann. The only logical explanation if it is not MacLaren or Schliemann is Frank Calvert in 1866 who made extensive surveys and published in scholary journals his identification of the hill of New Ilium. In 1868 Schliemann visited Calvert and secured permission to excavate Hisarlik.
averageSavanurFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
8 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
416. hozzászólás - 2010.02.11. 15:32:58
In the question that is loosely like this: What does the word Prana mean? Two of the choices of the four are Life and Energy. The required answer is Energy but all the research says that the answer should be Life. Although energy is a part of answer too! It certainly seems that if weighted Life is the more correct answer.

Prana (प्राण, prāṇa) is the Sanskrit for "vital life" (from the root prā "to fill", cognate to Latin plenus "full"). It is one of the five organs of vitality or sensation, viz. prana "breath", vac "speech", caksus "sight", shrotra "hearing", and manas "thought" (nose, mouth, eyes, ears and mind; ChUp. 2.7.1).
popularElgoranFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
11 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
417. hozzászólás - 2010.02.11. 20:00:39
I don't have exact wording of question, but it asked which actor did not play role (misspelled as roll) of Dr Hannibal Lecter. Answers:
Brian Cox
Sir Anthony Hopkins
Gaspard Ulliel
Aaran Thomas <- marked as correct.

In fact, all those actors portrayed Lecter. Aaran Thomas played young Hannibal Lecter in "Hannibal Rising" (2007). One can argue that played character wasn't M.D. yet and thus not Dr Hannibal Lecter, but I really hate trick questions of this kind.
irritatingLord Jomes
Végzetúr poronty
12 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
418. hozzászólás - 2010.02.12. 00:54:40
Stingrays are a type of...Shark.

This question is very close to correct, but needs to be reworked. Stingrays are most closely related to...Sharks, would be fine. I may just being picky, but to me trivia should be correct, and rays are not types of sharks.

If I asked the question, Iguanas are a type of...and had the answer be "snake" most people would not agree. Yet lizards and snakes are classified under the same order, Squamata. They are very closely related, but not the same and each goes into its separate suborder. Sharks and rays belong to the same subclass, Elasmobranchii. Sharks are then placed into superorder Selachimorpha and rays into Batoidea. Ergo, they are not the same, but are closely related.
Pontszám: 5.50
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
419. hozzászólás - 2010.02.12. 18:49:26 (Válasz Lord Jomes #418 hozzászólására.)
You know, just the first part of you complain was enough, you are right and the question should be changed. As for the rest, since noone doubted you there was no need to prove you know your zoology
public enemyZena
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
420. hozzászólás - 2010.02.12. 19:42:08
The question "what element takes up most of your body" or something like that, don't know the wording anymore. The answer given to be right is Oxygen....this is the wrong answer..it should be water, and it is already listed...Clearly an example of someone not thinking correctly.
Pontszám: 3
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője