Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - JohNed

Oldal: 1
Dátum: 2012.09.17. 03:47:53
Seems the clan quest voting system is still not working correctly. Some of our members have voted and we have one quest with more than 5 votes (6 in fact) but it still says we don't have an active clan quest.
Dátum: 2012.04.19. 15:21:36
There seems to be a bug in our clan for clan quests. World 3, Clan of the Great Ones. We have 6 votes for a quest, but it still says no active quest. I thought 5 was enough to get a quest started?

Thanks
JohNed
Dátum: 2010.10.17. 12:26:51
How is this a good question?

Marc and Jane have been married 40 years. Marc wants to marry his widow's sister, but that's impossible. Why?

Jane's sister is dead
It's illegal to have another wife
Marc is dead <--
They are too old

Huh??? Can this really be considered a good question? How can Marc want to marry his widow's sister if he is dead? Why can't the answer be Jane's sister is dead? Seem incredibly ambiguous (and stupid) to me.
Dátum: 2010.08.29. 09:49:04
What is this question asking?

Who obtained the Nobel prize for Chemistry?

V. Havel
A. G. Bell
A. Nobel
J. Heyrovsky *

Seems awfully ambiguous to me.
Dátum: 2010.08.22. 07:44:21
spelling error in answer...

Which country is not an enclave?
San Marino
Ghambia
Vatican city
Lesotho

Should be spelled Gambia
Dátum: 2010.08.22. 07:38:57
grammar error in question:

What it is a Rolls-Royce Merlin V-12 piston ?
Dátum: 2010.08.20. 01:49:26
Thanks Viridel, good suggestion, I will make the change and see if it gets accepted.
Dátum: 2010.08.19. 04:07:24
Thanks. I have moved the topic to the correct thread, but no one responded there. Instead, someone responded here. So I responded to their response. I'll stop talking about this now.
Dátum: 2010.08.18. 15:10:04
Hi TheLion,

thanks for answering my question. So if I had written the question as: As of 2010, the two most recent expansion teams... would it have been accepted as a good question?

I agree (in principle) with the concept of keeping questions that might not be correct in the future out of the database. However, I have seen several questions that violate this principle accepted as good questions. Today, I got one question that asked which one of these people have not received the Noble Peace Prize, the answer is Bill Clinton. Isn't it possible that he will receive it in the future, thus making the question invalid?

I had a question evaluated as good which asked "the center court of the US open tennis tournament is named after which former great tennis player". It is possible that a new stadium might be built, or the US open move to a new location, thus invalidating this question. Should there be greater emphasis on how this principle should be applied then? Or should the question evaluators be more lax in applying it? I heard that games like Trivia Pursuit expects their questions to be relevant for 5 years at most.
Dátum: 2010.08.18. 07:21:06
Curious to know why this question is marked as "Bad, incorrect question", no other explanation...

The two most recent expansion teams in Major League Baseball are?
Tampa Bay Devil Rays and Arizona Diamondbacks <----
New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox
Florida Marlins and Colorado Rockies
Pittsburgh Pirates and Seattle Mariners
Dátum: 2010.08.18. 06:40:14
Curious to know why this question is marked as "Bad question", no other explanation...

The two most recent expansion teams in Major League Baseball are?
Tampa Bay Devil Rays and Arizona Diamondbacks
New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox
Florida Marlins and Colorado Rockies
Pittsburgh Pirates and Seattle Mariners

???

I think I asked this in the wrong thread. I'll move it to the appropriate one.
Oldal: 1