1741. hozzászólás - 2010.08.20. 08:50:48
Here we go again! A question passed without checking:

who first invented the marathon?
hercules
philippides
socrates
achilles

NONE OF THEM!

The event was instituted in commemoration of the fabled run of the Greek soldier Pheidippides, a messenger from the Battle of Marathon (the namesake of the race) to Athens. The historical accuracy of this legend is in doubt.
The marathon was one of the original modern Olympic events in 1896, though the distance did not become standardized until 1921.

So the correct answer might be Baron Pierre de Coubertin as the founder of the modern Olympics.

If you want to go with the ancient story, get the spelling right!
Pontszám: 5
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
1742. hozzászólás - 2010.08.20. 08:58:23 (Válasz Phalanxii #1740 hozzászólására.)
Much as I like the cute idea that dogs live in another time continuum to humans, can we please accept that, in the real world, one dog year is exactly the same as one human year? Show me any mathematics or physics to suggest otherwise and I'll alert the Nobel prize people. When a 25 year old dog dies, it dies at the age of 25, not 175. Honestly!
everyone's favoriteabatos
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1743. hozzászólás - 2010.08.20. 22:01:51
ERROR...Who invent a wireless radio ?....Marconi IS NOT wright answer...NIKOLA TESLA is wright answer...USA court , some time ago...said that is Nikola Tesla, not Marconi
averageMsPiggy
Végzetúr poronty
77 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1744. hozzászólás - 2010.08.21. 01:04:31
What can vodka be made from?
rye
all of the above
potatoes
wheat

The famous 'all of the above'
averageRonillarFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1745. hozzászólás - 2010.08.21. 15:38:54
Which U.S. state has only one syllable?
ohio
(some state)
**Maine**
kentucky

really now? a question testing absolute basic literacy?
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1746. hozzászólás - 2010.08.21. 18:26:47
i just woke up but i dont get this question

There are four real crows on a tree. If you shoot one, how many will be left on the tree?
none <----------

Sure if u shoot a a gun you could scare them all but thats not an absolute, the answer could be all of the above.

if the other 3 crows are deaf and blind then they will still be sitting on the tree after u shoot 1

what a stupid question
A hozzászólást D00ml0rd módosította 2010.08.21. 18:29:44-kor
Pontszám: 7.50
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1747. hozzászólás - 2010.08.21. 18:31:45 (Válasz D00ml0rd #1746 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.08.21. 18:26:47
i just woke up but i dont get this question

There are four real crows on a tree. If you shoot one, how many will be left on the tree?
none <----------

Sure if u shoot a a gun you could scare them all but thats not an absolute, the answer could be all of the above. Even if u do kill 1 wth a gun, the others will still be on the tree when one is dead, they might not be 1 second later but they will not fly off before 1 is dead.

if the other 3 crows are deaf and blind then they will still be sitting on the tree after u shoot 1

what a stupid question

And what if the one you shoot gets caught on a branch while the others fly away... Yeah, I complained about this one MONTHS AGO. Just more proof that this topic is a complete waste of our time.
much likedPhalanxii
Végzetúr poronty
202 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1748. hozzászólás - 2010.08.21. 19:21:34
What's the address of the Addams Family?
0001 Cemetary Lane <-- correct answer
1313 Mockingbird Lane

In the 1960s TV series, the house was given an address: 0001 Cemetery Lane.
The address was changed to 1313 Cemetery Lane in The New Addams Family.

I got caught out with the 1313 definitely, but I think it might be fair to point out which series the question is talking about:
What was the address of the Addams Family in the 1960s TV series?

The crow question seems fair to me.

The reason 1 human year = 7 dog years is because of the growth rates I think. And How many dogs live till 25?! The oldest dog ever was 29, but the average of domesticated dogs seems to be about 13-14 (91-98 dog years) which is much closer to the dog owners average life...
A hozzászólást Phalanxii módosította 2010.08.21. 19:33:10-kor
Your very own English Doomlord Encyclopedia!

Have you fought an epic monster recently? Upload the name and HP here!
http://doomlord.wikia.com/epic_monument
averageSalanea
Végzetúr poronty
4 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1749. hozzászólás - 2010.08.21. 20:31:50
just got this question

The Rosetta Stone was most useful for?
tracing the wanderings of the Jews.
deciphering hieroglyphic writing. ***
identifying the early gods of the Egyptians.
predicting ancient eclipses.

this question is already in the data base with different wording. DELETE PLS
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1750. hozzászólás - 2010.08.21. 23:15:00 (Válasz Phalanxii #1748 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Phalanxii - 2010.08.21. 19:21:34

The crow question seems fair to me.

its not about fair or unfair, its just about being rediculous.

there is absoultly ZERO data that supports the answer to this question, there isnt even any data that supports the question, there is definately no educational value from this question, this question has no interest value, its a stupidity wrapped up in dumbness and compounded by the fact that it apprently has been bought up in this forum before and evaluators have obviously chosen to leave it in for some unkown reason .
Pontszám: 8.33
averageMsPiggy
Végzetúr poronty
77 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1751. hozzászólás - 2010.08.22. 03:54:00
A full cycle of the moon takes how many days?
28*

This answer is wrong.
It takes about 29.53 days.
The actual time for the moon to orbit the earth is about 27.32 days, the difference is caused by the earth orbiting the sun at the same time. But even if that number was taken for the right one, even if that was not the question, it would be rounded to 27 days, not 28.
averageJohNedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
11 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1752. hozzászólás - 2010.08.22. 07:38:57
grammar error in question:

What it is a Rolls-Royce Merlin V-12 piston ?
averageJohNedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
11 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1753. hozzászólás - 2010.08.22. 07:44:21 (Válasz JohNed #1752 hozzászólására.)
spelling error in answer...

Which country is not an enclave?
San Marino
Ghambia
Vatican city
Lesotho

Should be spelled Gambia
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1754. hozzászólás - 2010.08.22. 19:04:00
The Warrant Officer Corps began from which Organization?
United States Military
Singapore Armed Forces
Australian Army
English Royal Navy

Google says there's at least two Warrant Officer Corps, one that started from the English Royal Navy and one that started from the U.S. Army Mine Planter Service.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1755. hozzászólás - 2010.08.22. 20:40:15 (Válasz ImLittleJon #1754 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.08.22. 19:04:00
The Warrant Officer Corps began from which Organization?
United States Military
Singapore Armed Forces
Australian Army
English Royal Navy

Google says there's at least two Warrant Officer Corps, one that started from the English Royal Navy and one that started from the U.S. Army Mine Planter Service.

"The warrant officer corps began in the 13th century in the nascent English Royal Navy" <-- from wiki
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1756. hozzászólás - 2010.08.22. 21:51:46
Which of these gutarists was not a member of MetallicA?

Come on... Lexical, uninteresting, special knowledge, and general shit question.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1757. hozzászólás - 2010.08.23. 00:12:31 (Válasz D00ml0rd #1755 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.08.22. 20:40:15

"The warrant officer corps began in the 13th century in the nascent English Royal Navy" <-- from wiki

I'm not saying that the English Royal Navy answer isn't correct. I'm saying that the US Military answer is also correct. See http://usawocc.army.mil/History/index.htm, which says:
Officially, the birth date of the Army Warrant Officer Corps is 9 July 1918, when Congress established the Army Mine Planter Service as part of the Coast Artillery

So there are at least 2 valid answers among those given.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1758. hozzászólás - 2010.08.23. 01:39:28 (Válasz ImLittleJon #1757 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.08.23. 00:12:31
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.08.22. 20:40:15

I'm not saying that the English Royal Navy answer isn't correct. I'm saying that the US Military answer is also correct. See http://usawocc.army.mil/History/index.htm, which says:
Officially, the birth date of the Army Warrant Officer Corps is 9 July 1918, when Congress established the Army Mine Planter Service as part of the Coast Artillery

So there are at least 2 valid answers among those given.

i see what you mean but the question is what did it begin from, 1300s navy would be the beginning...it might have begun from the mine planters in the states but the concept began in the brit navy 1300s so whereever it began from after that the original beginning was navy everyone else after just copied the idea:)
much likedPhalanxii
Végzetúr poronty
202 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1759. hozzászólás - 2010.08.23. 18:13:25 (Válasz D00ml0rd #1750 hozzászólására.)
Which of the following is known as ‘The Golden city’?
Johannesburg <-- right
Rome
Chicago
Tokyo

Johannesburg? Yeah there's a lot of gold there but surely Prague or Jaisalmer tops that? I've not seen Johannesburg named 'The Golden City' on any google search/in it's wikipedia page. Also, there is an actual city called 'Golden City' in Missouri. Since there are multiple answers, I think it deserves a delete.

Who is known as the father of Sociology?
Karl Marx
Auguste Comte <-- right

Different sources say different things. Yes, Auguste Comte invented the name for studying and classifying human societies, but modern day Sociology was really founded by a group of people (the most notable probably being Karl Marx). I'm not sure if this classifies as ambiguous, but I suggest a re-evaluation at least. It would be better to ask who created the term Sociology, which is much less ambiguous.

its not about fair or unfair, its just about being rediculous.

there is absoultly ZERO data that supports the answer to this question, there isnt even any data that supports the question, there is definately no educational value from this question, this question has no interest value, its a stupidity wrapped up in dumbness and compounded by the fact that it apprently has been bought up in this forum before and evaluators have obviously chosen to leave it in for some unkown reason.

The rules of questions suggest that they should be answerable for children at Elementary school or higher. They also say that 'Mind Twisters' are fine too. The fact that you're saying the question is stupid relies on the fact that there is a deaf and blind bird in the tree you are shooting at... How many deaf blind birds could even fly and land successfully on a tree branch?

It's a simple logic question that shouldn't be read too much into. Data? It's a puzzle! And a very simple one at that. Personally I find the ones which require 2 brain cells much more interesting than the one's which make me click onto Google. Learn from it and get it right next time...
Your very own English Doomlord Encyclopedia!

Have you fought an epic monster recently? Upload the name and HP here!
http://doomlord.wikia.com/epic_monument
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1760. hozzászólás - 2010.08.23. 19:00:20 (Válasz Phalanxii #1759 hozzászólására.)
Johannesburg was originally a suburb of Pretoria until gold was discovered in Barberton. The DeBeers/Rhodes cartel essentially built the city to service the mines. It is the most populous city and the financial capital. Thus earned the name Golden city and it is a known name for it , even if you or me did not know it.

Also the question says which of the following is known as golden city, so it limits the options to the given answers. Others might exist but from the ones listed only one is correct
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője