Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
1021. hozzászólás - 2010.08.17. 05:20:50 (Válasz MartinBV #1020 hozzászólására.)
And for the 344th time, none its not an accepted answer!!!!
Pontszám: 5
averageJohNedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
11 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1022. hozzászólás - 2010.08.18. 07:21:06
Curious to know why this question is marked as "Bad, incorrect question", no other explanation...

The two most recent expansion teams in Major League Baseball are?
Tampa Bay Devil Rays and Arizona Diamondbacks <----
New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox
Florida Marlins and Colorado Rockies
Pittsburgh Pirates and Seattle Mariners
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1023. hozzászólás - 2010.08.19. 22:33:42 (Válasz JohNed #1022 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: JohNed - 2010.08.18. 07:21:06
Curious to know why this question is marked as "Bad, incorrect question", no other explanation...

The two most recent expansion teams in Major League Baseball are?
Tampa Bay Devil Rays and Arizona Diamondbacks <----
New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox
Florida Marlins and Colorado Rockies
Pittsburgh Pirates and Seattle Mariners

Try phrasing it like this:
Major League Baseball (MLB) had its last franchise expansion in 1998. Which two teams were added?
public enemyV3nG3nC3XFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1024. hozzászólás - 2010.08.19. 23:45:17
Usama Bin Ladan is on America's FBI Most Wanted List, what is he on the list for?

the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001
connections in the 8/7/98 bombings of US embassies in Tanzanai,Nairobi and Kenya
using US taxpayer's money for his diabetic treatments instead of his terrorist's health plan pkg.
all of the above

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question

GO TO THE FBI MOST WANTED and you will see the reason, How is it you feel this is a bad question? Because its political or what ? Are you close friends with those in question and take this personal? Im just asking cause after all this is a generalized question that unless you have been living under a rock would not understand whats been going on in current events. So please enlighten me how this is a bad question.
Trust is a knife given as a gift but felt being returned it in your back later. Pull it out so you can return the favor or lay there and bleed to death
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1025. hozzászólás - 2010.08.20. 00:33:19 (Válasz V3nG3nC3X #1024 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: V3nG3nC3X - 2010.08.19. 23:45:17
Usama Bin Ladan is on America's FBI Most Wanted List, what is he on the list for?

connections in the 8/7/98 bombings of US embassies in Tanzanai,Nairobi and Kenya
using US taxpayer's money for his diabetic treatments instead of his terrorist's health plan pkg.
all of the above

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question

GO TO THE FBI MOST WANTED and you will see the reason, How is it you feel this is a bad question? Because its political or what ? Are you close friends with those in question and take this personal? Im just asking cause after all this is a generalized question that unless you have been living under a rock would not understand whats been going on in current events. So please enlighten me how this is a bad question.

Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden; or a.k.a Osama bin Laden. The other one like you wrote it ain't really used.

It's either that, or the "all of the above" option.
A hozzászólást LydonB módosította 2010.08.20. 00:35:45-kor
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1026. hozzászólás - 2010.08.20. 01:19:41 (Válasz LydonB #1025 hozzászólására.)
I understand the name part must be alittle confussing but i figured i'd get pummeled to death by the grammer police with mis-spelling because on the FBI list it is under Usama not Osama, and i know every question can be rejected for any number of made up reasons. I just tried to narrow their oppurtunity to do so but they still find a way. Ill change it and cant wait to see what the next excuse will be. Thanks for the advice brotha.
Trust is a knife given as a gift but felt being returned it in your back later. Pull it out so you can return the favor or lay there and bleed to death
averageJohNedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
11 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1027. hozzászólás - 2010.08.20. 01:49:26 (Válasz Viridel #1023 hozzászólására.)
Thanks Viridel, good suggestion, I will make the change and see if it gets accepted.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1028. hozzászólás - 2010.08.20. 03:41:03 (Válasz V3nG3nC3X #1026 hozzászólására.)
V3nG3nC3X, your answers have the problem as far i can see. 1 and 2 are both connected to Bin Laden. Its for 9/11 he got on the most wanted list, but he is wanted for all terrorist actions linked to him throught the years.

And drop the attitute please, implying the evaluator has personal links to a known terrorist, even if you do it just to mock the evaluation, is quite out of place.
Pontszám: 3
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1029. hozzászólás - 2010.08.20. 08:09:09 (Válasz stekkos #1028 hozzászólására.)
The terrorist known as "Osama" Bin Ladan is on America's FBI Most Wanted List, what is he on the list for?

connection with 8/7/98 bombing of a US embassies Tanzanai,Nairobi and Kenya
using U.S. taxpayer's money to pay for his diabetic treatments and not the terrorist's health plan
all of the above

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
This question is already part of the database.

Now its already part of the data base is it, what happened someone else used my question?
Stekkos, no disrespect was intended or attitude given i was trying to add humor to a very frustrating situation, no differant than implying there is a terrorists health plan out there. And if you would be so kind as to let me know when "Osama" Bin Ladin was linked to the attack on the World Trade Center towers because the last time i read the FBI's rap sheet on him there has been no formal evidence proving he had anything to do with it. If you can find me where there has been evidence that Osama Bin Ladin participated in any way on 9/11, or that the US goverment has formally charged him with undisputable evidence, i'll appologize. If Im right and there never has been I'd appreciate the 4 bad questions I recieved for this question to be taken off my record and acknowledged that it was a mistake and misunderstanding.
Please dont take this the wrong way or that i have an attitude, which is far from the truth and an unfair assumption. The same as mine i suppose. But I did call it (another excuse for the question not being excepted) after i took the suggestion.
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1030. hozzászólás - 2010.08.20. 16:05:19 (Válasz V3nG3nC3X #1029 hozzászólására.)
Must still be searching..... I'll give you a hint, THERE"S NEVER BEEN ANY EVIDENCE CONNECTING HIM, and if there was it must have been with the WMDs and all the privacy that has disappeared under the Patriot Act. But thats neither here nor there and has no bearing on our current situation. i have awhile so there's no rush, I'll be here. Oh and that challange goes out to everyone who wants to debate me, use my character mail so this page isnt cluttered with nonsence. Thanx to all, and be respectful with comments, immaturity will be dealt with through an onslaught of stupidity and a nasty V3ng3anc3, i didnt earn my name for my forgiveness of idiots.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1031. hozzászólás - 2010.08.20. 18:06:57 (Válasz V3nG3nC3X #1030 hozzászólására.)
I did check the site and my post was wrong, the 1998 attacks were the main reason. They do say he is wanted for other attacks though without specifying, if 9/11 is not one of them i cannot know so i will consider you are right. You do agree that a debate can be started on the subject however. There lies the issue in my post: The answers can be debated as ambiguous. A lot of conspiracy theory revolves around this matter to allow speculations and controversial opinions that each side can argue that they are the actual facts.

I did not evaluate this question so i do not know the reason it was rejected, i am just reporting why i would reject it. Not because you are wrong but because the question itself can make a lot of players complain that it can have nore than one answers.

Ofcourse i NEVER claim my opinion is law, actually i would welcome other players to say if they would consider the question ambiguous or not, i might be way off on my assestment about it.
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1032. hozzászólás - 2010.08.20. 18:57:51 (Válasz stekkos #1031 hozzászólására.)
Thank you stekkos, I have always felt amongst the evaluators you are the most sensible and fair in judgement. Perhaps a quick class in unbias opinion from you would relieve alot of undue and undesearved aggrevation between players and the all knowing, all powerful, powers that wont be denied. Just a suggestion though, ohh and by the way please dont take any of my humor as a personal attack or a slander on personal character, I'm a jerk, not an %$$ h0l3. This is a game and should be fun.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1033. hozzászólás - 2010.08.20. 19:29:40 (Válasz V3nG3nC3X #1032 hozzászólására.)
I never take it personally since i am just a name in a forum. No one can actually insult me personally since noone of you knows me as a person

But since not all people thing that way, keep the "witty comments" up to a level. It makes your points much easier to be accepted

And i totaly agree on your last comment: It all comes down to doomlord being a game. Either you have fun, with all the debating and opinion exchanging or you are missing completely the point
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.08.20. 19:31:57-kor
averageThe Harjawalder
Végzetúr poronty
4 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1034. hozzászólás - 2010.08.20. 20:35:13
Are all sides of a square of equal length?

Yes

How could this be wrong?
This is the defenition of a square...

I also got this wrong:

Are all sides of a rectangle of equal length?

No

Two of the sides of a rectangle are longer than the other two...
How could that be wrong?
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1035. hozzászólás - 2010.08.20. 23:24:20 (Válasz The Harjawalder #1034 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: The Harjawalder - 2010.08.20. 20:35:13
Are all sides of a square of equal length?

Yes

How could this be wrong?
This is the defenition of a square...

Yeah, that's not a good rejection... I'll admit I'm not a fan of the question (we're not in grade 2 here), so maybe that's why it was rejected

I also got this wrong:

Are all sides of a rectangle of equal length?

No

Two of the sides of a rectangle are longer than the other two...
How could that be wrong?

Because you are wrong. A rectangle is defined as a four sided figure with 90' angles in all corners. By definition, a square is also classified as a rectangle. Therefore, a rectangle can have four equal sides.
averageBlackmonks
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Quiz question judging suspect...
1036. hozzászólás - 2010.08.23. 02:24:29
Ok had two questions rejected and both are straightforward and easy to answer.

First one

What is the name of the popular Canadian drink containing Vodka, Clamato juice, Worcestershire sauce, and Tabasco sauce?

Deep sea diver
Ceasar
Northern Roy Rogers
Canadian Bloody Mary

Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question

Ok I live in Canada so this is a question any Canadian would know but I guess everywhere else in the world this question is ridiculously hard. Thought it was a good skill question and not very difficult to answer. You put Ceasar drink in google it is the first hit that validates the question, pretty tricky it seems.

Second one

Fastest car available on the market measured by top speed is?

McLaren F1
Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo
SSC Ultimate Aero
Bugatti Veyron

Search google on fastest cars and the Bugatti Veyron will come up everytime. What is wrong with this question? Do you have to know alot about cars to answer the question...nope. Is it difficult to know the right answer...if you can't use google I guess it would be. Is it an interesting question I'd like to know the answer to, I think so.

Maybe the quiz should drill down what we can ask questions about, it seems you can't ask questions about things that are interesting, challenging, or have to do with your home country. Why submit any questions?
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz question judging suspect...
1037. hozzászólás - 2010.08.23. 03:40:59 (Válasz Blackmonks #1036 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Blackmonks - 2010.08.23. 02:24:29
Maybe the quiz should drill down what we can ask questions about, it seems you can't ask questions about things that are interesting, challenging, or have to do with your home country. Why submit any questions?

Simple answer - don't. Just renounce and take your guaranteed SE. It'll be a LOT more fun for you.
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1038. hozzászólás - 2010.08.23. 04:13:50 (Válasz Blackmonks #1036 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Blackmonks - 2010.08.23. 02:24:29
Fastest car available on the market measured by top speed is?

McLaren F1
Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo
SSC Ultimate Aero
Bugatti Veyron

Search google on fastest cars and the Bugatti Veyron will come up everytime. What is wrong with this question? Do you have to know alot about cars to answer the question...nope. Is it difficult to know the right answer...if you can't use google I guess it would be. Is it an interesting question I'd like to know the answer to, I think so.

Actually, TOP speed is debatable. Who's driving; what are the weather condition; how is a track laid out, etc. Depending on who you ask, you will get a different answer. In fact, I just rejected another question similar that had the Ultimate Aero as the answer. A couple weeks ago there was a quiz writer who said it was a Barabus something or other. Plus, already in the database is "Which of the following serial cars has the best top speed?"
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1039. hozzászólás - 2010.08.23. 04:38:16
the other problem with the fastest car question is its not dated and whatever is fastest today may not be fastest tomorrow.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1040. hozzászólás - 2010.08.23. 05:04:33 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #1038 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.08.23. 04:13:50
"Which of the following serial cars has the best top speed?"

I like Fruit Loops.
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője