Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
averageRonillarFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
1721. hozzászólás - 2010.08.15. 03:29:10
sorry for the vagueness of this, the ridiculousness of it caught me off guard. the question asked something along the lines of, "is there any actual income tax law anywhere in the united states?", and the given correct answer is "no, nowhere in the us, never has been."

i think that the 16th amendment, multiple constitutional provisions, wikipedia, and the fact that al capone was famously convicted on income tax evasion charges, all prove that this question is wrong.
Pontszám: 5
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1722. hozzászólás - 2010.08.15. 11:10:08
Who is Harry Turtledove?
Rock Star
Novelist *
Artist
Olympian

Novelists are artists, so this one actually have two correct answers.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1723. hozzászólás - 2010.08.16. 03:52:05
What's the name of Fall out boy's song?

Brown
Golden
Silver
Green

its not a wrong question but the song "golden" was on some obscure album released in 2007.

is this band at least a popular band? They have had half a dozen albums and for this question u have to go thru song list on 5 of them to find the answer.

Fair question if they only ever had 1 song, but they havent, is this band even relevant to anything? hey disbanded in 2009, they heavy metal and this song isnt even listed on wiki, u actually have to go to the fansite and go thru each album to find answer.

lol
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1724. hozzászólás - 2010.08.16. 04:19:46 (Válasz Ronillar #1721 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Ronillar - 2010.08.15. 03:29:10
sorry for the vagueness of this, the ridiculousness of it caught me off guard. the question asked something along the lines of, "is there any actual income tax law anywhere in the united states?", and the given correct answer is "no, nowhere in the us, never has been."

i think that the 16th amendment, multiple constitutional provisions, wikipedia, and the fact that al capone was famously convicted on income tax evasion charges, all prove that this question is wrong.

Lol, yes there are income tax laws in the US, googled it just for fun, and found that there is also an urban legend saying there isn't. What this is built on I do not know, but the sites I have found refer to a movie, claiming to be a documentary, called "Freedom to Fascism"
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1725. hozzászólás - 2010.08.16. 04:42:44 (Válasz D00ml0rd #1723 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.08.16. 03:52:05
What's the name of Fall out boy's song?

Brown
Golden
Silver
Green

its not a wrong question but the song "golden" was on some obscure album released in 2007.

is this band at least a popular band? They have had half a dozen albums and for this question u have to go thru song list on 5 of them to find the answer.

Fair question if they only ever had 1 song, but they havent, is this band even relevant to anything? hey disbanded in 2009, they heavy metal and this song isnt even listed on wiki, u actually have to go to the fansite and go thru each album to find answer.

Actually, they were one of the most radio-played bands in the 00's, with multiple multi-platinum albums, and multiple #1 singles. Were they relevant? Damn right. Heavy metal? Fail. Improve your reading skills.

That said, BAD question. If asking a question about FOB, stick with the #1 hits.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1726. hozzászólás - 2010.08.16. 19:32:39
Who was the first Metallica's bass guitar player?
Mark Evans
Steve Harris
Cliff Burton
Jason Newsted

Really? This passed?
averageMsPiggy
Végzetúr poronty
77 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1727. hozzászólás - 2010.08.16. 19:48:31
Which music artist claims the most sales (all time)?
Elvis Presley
The Beatles
I don't recall the other 2 answers...

The Beatles were marked as the right answer, but is this really true? Although some sources confirmed this, most put Elvis above them...
If the right answer is indeed so unclear, at least remove one of those two answers or change artist into band/group.

And doesn't such a question require a date? Nobody who can tell you for sure who will be on top in a few years...
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1728. hozzászólás - 2010.08.16. 20:30:58
Who won the Barclays Premier League season 2009?
Liverpool
Manchester United
Arsenal
Chelsea

Season 2009–10
Champions: Chelsea (group stage)
League: Manchester United (group stage)

Several issues here:
Season 2009 - is that the start of the season (2009-10), or when the season ended (2008-09)?
There are two winners every year (league champ & tournament champ)

Not a bad question... It's just the definition of "Ambiguous" - which is ironic that Mods would mark good Q's "Ambiguous", but not this one.
Pontszám: 7.50
averagedaktarus
Végzetúr poronty
19 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1729. hozzászólás - 2010.08.16. 21:02:40
What colour is a lobster's blood?

Red
Yellow
Green
Blue <--------------

"Lobster blood is a clear fluid. When the animal is boiled, the blood turns to an opaque whitish gel. It has no discernible flavor and is perfectly safe to eat."
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1730. hozzászólás - 2010.08.17. 03:53:50
What is "vendace"?
butterfly
bird
insect
fish

Last time I looked, a butterfly was an insect.
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1731. hozzászólás - 2010.08.18. 04:12:49
dont have the exact wording of this but the other day i had question about

what part quentin tarentino played in resevoir dogs (mr brown)

today i had one

who played mr brown in resevoir dogs
averageJohNedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
11 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1732. hozzászólás - 2010.08.18. 06:40:14
Curious to know why this question is marked as "Bad question", no other explanation...

The two most recent expansion teams in Major League Baseball are?
Tampa Bay Devil Rays and Arizona Diamondbacks
New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox
Florida Marlins and Colorado Rockies
Pittsburgh Pirates and Seattle Mariners

???

I think I asked this in the wrong thread. I'll move it to the appropriate one.
A hozzászólást JohNed módosította 2010.08.18. 07:19:34-kor
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1733. hozzászólás - 2010.08.18. 10:03:17
So I choose to do an adventure.
First I use up 9 crystal points.
Then I lose 494 SE

Then I get the question:

Quiz: How many of Carl Lewis' Olympic gold medals were won in long jump competitions?

I put the answer as 4 but...

Wrong answer, the correct answer was: 3.

So which of these 4 times did not count? 1980, 1984, 1988, 1992? I keep adding them up and it always comes to 4!

I checked with the IOC (International Olympics Committee). This is the page I got:

http://www.olympic.org/en/content/All-Olympic-results-since-1896/? AthleteName=&Category=&Games=&Sport=1313725&Event=349877&MenGender=true&WomenGen der=false&MixedGender=false&TeamClassification=false&IndividualClassification=tr ue&Continent=&Country=&GoldMedal=true&SilverMedal=false&BronzeMedal=false&WorldR ecord=false&OlympicRecord=false&TargetResults=true

4 (that's FOUR) lovely pictures of Carl Lewis against each of the FOUR gold medals for long jump he was awarded.

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!

There is no point having 'experts' to accept questions if they are NEVER checked. It takes seconds to check such a straightforward question. DO IT!! Or ask people, like those who post here, to do it for you. We care. We bother. You don't.

Now give me back my crystal points and SE. You can't? Then resign and let people who can do the job do it.
A hozzászólást FriendlyCheese módosította 2010.08.18. 10:15:21-kor
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1734. hozzászólás - 2010.08.18. 10:18:34 (Válasz Viridel #1728 hozzászólására.)
Viridel! I am Canadian too. Coincidence, Eh?

I live in the UK and have to tell you there is only ever one willer of the Premier League every year. I guess the Tournament you are talking about is the FA Cup which is open to any team in England, or the League Cup which is open to the 92 teams from the premiership, the Championship and the two lower divisions.

Apart from that, I agree with your points entirely!
much likedTheLion
Végzetúr poronty
123 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1735. hozzászólás - 2010.08.18. 13:46:02
Which animal has the leanest meat?
pork
chicken
tuna
turkey

Pork is an animal? Shouldn't it be Pig?
much likedTheLion
Végzetúr poronty
123 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1736. hozzászólás - 2010.08.18. 13:54:46 (Válasz JohNed #1732 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: JohNed - 2010.08.18. 06:40:14
Curious to know why this question is marked as "Bad question", no other explanation...

The two most recent expansion teams in Major League Baseball are?
Tampa Bay Devil Rays and Arizona Diamondbacks
New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox
Florida Marlins and Colorado Rockies
Pittsburgh Pirates and Seattle Mariners

???

I think I asked this in the wrong thread. I'll move it to the appropriate one.

I'd say there is no time reference. Saying "recent" applies as of today but what about next season? What if teams move from one location to another or more teams are added? Then the answers given would be incorrect.
averageJohNedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
11 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1737. hozzászólás - 2010.08.18. 15:10:04 (Válasz TheLion #1736 hozzászólására.)
Hi TheLion,

thanks for answering my question. So if I had written the question as: As of 2010, the two most recent expansion teams... would it have been accepted as a good question?

I agree (in principle) with the concept of keeping questions that might not be correct in the future out of the database. However, I have seen several questions that violate this principle accepted as good questions. Today, I got one question that asked which one of these people have not received the Noble Peace Prize, the answer is Bill Clinton. Isn't it possible that he will receive it in the future, thus making the question invalid?

I had a question evaluated as good which asked "the center court of the US open tennis tournament is named after which former great tennis player". It is possible that a new stadium might be built, or the US open move to a new location, thus invalidating this question. Should there be greater emphasis on how this principle should be applied then? Or should the question evaluators be more lax in applying it? I heard that games like Trivia Pursuit expects their questions to be relevant for 5 years at most.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1738. hozzászólás - 2010.08.18. 16:23:05 (Válasz JohNed #1737 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: JohNed - 2010.08.18. 15:10:04
So if I had written the question as: As of 2010, the two most recent expansion teams... would it have been accepted as a good question?

The answer is a definite maybe. Since MLB is only USA/Canada, you've got a bit of an uphill struggle to get any baseball questions approved. But without that "As of 2010", you've got no chance.

Idézet: JohNed - 2010.08.18. 15:10:04
I agree (in principle) with the concept of keeping questions that might not be correct in the future out of the database. However, I have seen several questions that violate this principle accepted as good questions.

In theory, you post those to this thread, and the admins should delete them. In theory...
averageJohNedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
11 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1739. hozzászólás - 2010.08.19. 04:07:24 (Válasz ImLittleJon #1738 hozzászólására.)
Thanks. I have moved the topic to the correct thread, but no one responded there. Instead, someone responded here. So I responded to their response. I'll stop talking about this now.
much likedPhalanxii
Végzetúr poronty
202 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1740. hozzászólás - 2010.08.20. 01:29:12
There was a question stating that:
1 dog year is the same as how many human years?

It's actually a seventh.

Better off rephrasing the question to:
How many dog years pass in one human year?
Your very own English Doomlord Encyclopedia!

Have you fought an epic monster recently? Upload the name and HP here!
http://doomlord.wikia.com/epic_monument
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője