Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Kiljaeden

Oldal: 1
Dátum: 2011.03.04. 17:04:24
Q: Which animal has caused the most human deaths worldwide?

The options were Horse, Elephant, Dog, and Mosquito. After choosing an apparently wrong answer, it listed that Mosquito was the correct choice. A mosquito is not an animal! It's an insect, a very different species! This question is badly worded!
Dátum: 2011.03.01. 17:34:54
Idézet: MartinBV - 2011.02.28. 07:01:29

About the breathing issue, some people can hold their breath for considerable longer than 5 minutes with no ill effect, this might also be the reason for the rejection.

True, but people who do that are both rare and go through rather vigorous training and preparation beforehand, such as techniques to slow down their metabolism and breathing pure oxygen for up to half an hour beforehand to hyper-oxygenate their blood. I would have thought that exotic outliers like this wouldn't be considered when evaluating a question; I know I wouldn't consider them. Should I have worded my question "if an average human can't breath...."?
Dátum: 2011.02.28. 04:19:33
I would like to answer those:

RADIOACTIVE DECAY: Yes, there are many forms of radioactive decay. However, radioactive elements (e.g. Uranium) go through a decay "chain", which is a series of decays of the various sorts to effectively turn themselves into a more stable element. They effectively become many different elements during this time, but eventually they want to end up as iron, which has the most stable structure energy-wise. This is a main reason why many planets have iron cores. This is from nuclear physics; perhaps it's a bit too specialized for a quiz question

BRAIN USAGE: All of the theories and stigma behind us using only 10% of our brains and the rest is untapped potential is dead wrong, plain and simple. The main confusion may be that we only use about 10% of our brains for CONSCIOUS ACTIVE THOUGHT, i.e. our primary senses, the decision and action to move to a particular location or to pick up something, etc. The remaining 90% is not unused matter; it is used for SUBCONSIOUS thought and automated process such as regulating heartbeat, body healing, digestion, memory storage, etc. You ask any legitimate doctor or psychologist about this and they will tell you exactly what I have.

BREATHING: First point, I did not specifically say "brain" cells; I said cells in general. Second, yes people can be revived after not having air for longer than 5 minutes; but if they have not been able to breath for at least five minutes, some cells all over their body will have died. This is a medical fact. The human body can still recuperate from this if not too many cells have died within the important organs, and I honestly don't know how long someone can go without air before they have no chance for revival. But that is not the question I asked
Dátum: 2011.02.22. 19:30:58
Aww, no answer to these? I've been waiting a while since the first one. How often does this thread get checked?
Dátum: 2011.02.18. 09:33:14
I just tried writing another one, and this is what I got:

If a human can't breathe, how long does it take from the point they stopped breathing for cells in their body to start dying?

Roughly 5 minutes. (correct answer)
Roughly 10 minutes.
Roughly 15 minutes.
Less than 1 minute.

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

...are you freaking kidding me?! I could not have stated the question or answers any clearer than I did, and the answer I highlighted you can find in less than a minute online. Anyone with even a remote amount of medical or first aid knowledge would know this by heart as well. Who the heck is evaluating these questions?!
Dátum: 2011.02.16. 21:22:34
I've got a couple of questions that were evaluated as Bad, and the given reason didn't seem valid.

First question:

What do all radioactive materials want to decay to?

Carbon
Iron
Lead
They never stop being radioactive

According to evaluators your question is ambiguous

How is the question ambiguous? In the fundamentals of radioactive decay, all radioactive materials (and I mean ALL of them) are radioactive because they want to decay (i.e. morph) into one particular element that is very stable, and that is the one I highlighted as an answer (I won't give it here because that would make it easy to answer for anyone who reads this). I don't see how the question could be any clearer.

Second question:

Which of the following statements is true?

We use roughly 10% of our brains, the rest is untapped potential
We use roughly 40% of our brains, the rest is untapped potential
We use roughly 70% of our brains, the rest is untapped potential
We use 100% of our brains in some way or another.

Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

This question is playing off of that disturbingly common misconception that we use only 10% of our brains, and that we could become "super-human" if we could use the rest of it. The answer I highlighted is very correct, and if you need me to I can hunt down a scientific document that proves it.
Dátum: 2011.02.16. 21:12:48
If I write a question and it is evaluated as Bad, do I have the ability to rewrite it? I don't currently see a button that lets me do that.
Oldal: 1