Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
1401. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 15:59:19 (Válasz Valkyrie #1400 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Valkyrie - 2011.02.07. 11:25:39
why is this Q rejected?

What is the closest star to our solar system?

Proxima Centauri
Alpha Centauri A
Alpha Centauri B
Alpha Centauri C

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!

Keep reading. It should also say because it is already in the database.
Pontszám: 5
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1402. hozzászólás - 2011.02.07. 21:40:28 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #1401 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2011.02.07. 15:59:19
Idézet: Valkyrie - 2011.02.07. 11:25:39
why is this Q rejected?

What is the closest star to our solar system?

Proxima Centauri
Alpha Centauri A
Alpha Centauri B
Alpha Centauri C

Keep reading. It should also say because it is already in the database.

The "already in the database" is used for anything but that

Or it has been on all my previous turn downs. So, if it's an actual reason, than ok...
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1403. hozzászólás - 2011.02.08. 02:31:31 (Válasz Valkyrie #1402 hozzászólására.)
I would think that it is the reason for rejection. I see some form of this question submitted 3 to 5 times per week.
public enemyV3nG3nC3XFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1404. hozzászólás - 2011.02.08. 14:09:20
When "googled" the answer is on the very first link listed, can you explain to me the ambiguity of this question so I may better understand how you, the evaluator or evaluators, come to this conclusion? Thank you.

~Vx~

According to UNESCO, what percentage of the world's adult population is illiterate?

26%
12%
4%
67%

According to evaluators your question is ambiguous.
Trust is a knife given as a gift but felt being returned it in your back later. Pull it out so you can return the favor or lay there and bleed to death
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1405. hozzászólás - 2011.02.08. 14:44:57 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #1403 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2011.02.08. 02:31:31
I would think that it is the reason for rejection. I see some form of this question submitted 3 to 5 times per week.

The problem is you never know because already in database is used for everything in case you don't want the submitter to loose his Q. That should change (developers, reading this???)

Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1406. hozzászólás - 2011.02.08. 16:19:46 (Válasz V3nG3nC3X #1404 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: V3nG3nC3X - 2011.02.08. 14:09:20
When "googled" the answer is on the very first link listed, can you explain to me the ambiguity of this question so I may better understand how you, the evaluator or evaluators, come to this conclusion? Thank you.

~Vx~

According to UNESCO, what percentage of the world's adult population is illiterate?

26%
12%
4%
67%

According to evaluators your question is ambiguous.

At a minimum, you need a year, as the answer could change over time.
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1407. hozzászólás - 2011.02.08. 21:48:15 (Válasz ImLittleJon #1406 hozzászólására.)
Should have known that, my bad, thanks I will update and resubmit.

Hey did anyone catch that the answer to this Q is misspelled?

Which surface has only one side?
Moebius strip <----------Did you mean: Mobius strip (according to google)
paraboloid
ellipsoid
hyperboloid
Trust is a knife given as a gift but felt being returned it in your back later. Pull it out so you can return the favor or lay there and bleed to death
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1408. hozzászólás - 2011.02.08. 23:04:42 (Válasz V3nG3nC3X #1407 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: V3nG3nC3X - 2011.02.08. 21:48:15
Hey did anyone catch that the answer to this Q is misspelled?

Which surface has only one side?
Moebius strip <----------Did you mean: Mobius strip (according to google)

It's a transliteration issue. The real spelling is Möbius. Since English doesn't have umlauts, that can be transliterated as either Mobius or Moebius, and both are considered correct. Mobius is certainly the more common one, though.

P.S. On the whole noon/midnight thing, every piece of software I've seen that can display time in the 12-hour format with am/pm follows the American standard of noon = 12 pm, midnight = 12 am. We've got Silicon Valley, and you don't, so we win!
everyone's favoritemackrel
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1409. hozzászólás - 2011.02.09. 06:37:27
1399. post - 2011.02.04. 10:28:08
In 2011 who was declared by Forbes Asia as Australia's richest women with an estimated 9 billion dollars?

Gina Rinehart
Nicole Kidman
Angela Bennett
Julia Gillard

According to evaluators the answer is an uninteresting lexical knowledge.

Why was it rated like this.. Its been all over the news, in magazines and papers through out asia and australasia. Its easily found on the internet.. Is it unintersting because its about a women not a rich male American? or is it unintersting because it not about europe or america where most of the questions are designed for?

still waitng for answer
Pontszám: 7.50
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1410. hozzászólás - 2011.02.09. 10:38:02 (Válasz ImLittleJon #1408 hozzászólására.)
Where in the hell did that come from, the whole AM/PM thing? I live in S.F. Cali my friend, right next door to Silicone Valley. Did I miss something, I'm a little slow today for some reason but that correction put a smile on my face simply for the reason I have no idea what you are referring to .
My question got rejected after I included your suggestion but this time because only a specialized group would know or possibly care that 26% of the world can't read or write. Gotta love it, I just answered a question about a world famous Fiddler that I never knew existed but my question is "special group". I want to get upset like I used to but I'm either offending them with this question or they just feel like dicking with me again. I aint biting anymore tho.

Take care

~Vx~
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1411. hozzászólás - 2011.02.09. 10:42:23
Ok, can you explain how I got rejected once again for a completely different reason? 1st time was found to be ambiguous, now it's special group knowledge. Please explain and if this question offends you and that's why it was rejected, it' nothing alittle time in elementary school can't fix for you, after all a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

According to UNESCO, as of 2010 what percentage of the world's adult population is illiterate?

26%
12%
4%
67%

According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1412. hozzászólás - 2011.02.09. 17:57:05 (Válasz V3nG3nC3X #1410 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: V3nG3nC3X - 2011.02.09. 10:38:02
Where in the hell did that come from, the whole AM/PM thing?

That was from a different, unrelated thread. I just was too lazy to go back and make a whole separate post in the correct thread.

Idézet: V3nG3nC3X - 2011.02.09. 10:38:02
My question got rejected after I included your suggestion but this time because only a specialized group would know or possibly care that 26% of the world can't read or write.

See http://forum.doomlord.net/index.php/topic,77.520#hsz523.
averageKiljaeden
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1413. hozzászólás - 2011.02.16. 21:22:34
I've got a couple of questions that were evaluated as Bad, and the given reason didn't seem valid.

First question:

What do all radioactive materials want to decay to?

Carbon
Iron
Lead
They never stop being radioactive

According to evaluators your question is ambiguous

How is the question ambiguous? In the fundamentals of radioactive decay, all radioactive materials (and I mean ALL of them) are radioactive because they want to decay (i.e. morph) into one particular element that is very stable, and that is the one I highlighted as an answer (I won't give it here because that would make it easy to answer for anyone who reads this). I don't see how the question could be any clearer.

Second question:

Which of the following statements is true?

We use roughly 10% of our brains, the rest is untapped potential
We use roughly 40% of our brains, the rest is untapped potential
We use roughly 70% of our brains, the rest is untapped potential
We use 100% of our brains in some way or another.

Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

This question is playing off of that disturbingly common misconception that we use only 10% of our brains, and that we could become "super-human" if we could use the rest of it. The answer I highlighted is very correct, and if you need me to I can hunt down a scientific document that proves it.
averageKiljaeden
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1414. hozzászólás - 2011.02.18. 09:33:14
I just tried writing another one, and this is what I got:

If a human can't breathe, how long does it take from the point they stopped breathing for cells in their body to start dying?

Roughly 5 minutes. (correct answer)
Roughly 10 minutes.
Roughly 15 minutes.
Less than 1 minute.

Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

...are you freaking kidding me?! I could not have stated the question or answers any clearer than I did, and the answer I highlighted you can find in less than a minute online. Anyone with even a remote amount of medical or first aid knowledge would know this by heart as well. Who the heck is evaluating these questions?!
averageKiljaeden
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1415. hozzászólás - 2011.02.22. 19:30:58
Aww, no answer to these? I've been waiting a while since the first one. How often does this thread get checked?
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1416. hozzászólás - 2011.02.27. 05:33:03 (Válasz Kiljaeden #1415 hozzászólására.)
I had not evaluated any of these, if i did they would be in the topic "Why i rejected a question (stekkos)" But since noone has answered you here are my thoughts:

Radioactive decay: As far as i could find, there are many forms of radioactive decay and every radioactive element forms something different, just as long it is stable. I did not find any reference to all wanting to become the same element.

Brain usage: Even if you do hunt down the scientific document, i an sure i could hunt down another that THEORISES (and that is the main problem with this question) something else. It is not a proven fact, so anyone can argue using its own resources that your answer to the question is wrong. Fact is there is no right answer for it.

Breathing: I agree with you that 4-6min is the common time for brain damage, but there are people who stay without oxygen for much longer. Maybe thats what the evaluator considered ambiguous, the fact that not all people will start loosing brain cells in 5min.
averageKiljaeden
Végzetúr poronty
7 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1417. hozzászólás - 2011.02.28. 04:19:33 (Válasz stekkos #1416 hozzászólására.)
I would like to answer those:

RADIOACTIVE DECAY: Yes, there are many forms of radioactive decay. However, radioactive elements (e.g. Uranium) go through a decay "chain", which is a series of decays of the various sorts to effectively turn themselves into a more stable element. They effectively become many different elements during this time, but eventually they want to end up as iron, which has the most stable structure energy-wise. This is a main reason why many planets have iron cores. This is from nuclear physics; perhaps it's a bit too specialized for a quiz question

BRAIN USAGE: All of the theories and stigma behind us using only 10% of our brains and the rest is untapped potential is dead wrong, plain and simple. The main confusion may be that we only use about 10% of our brains for CONSCIOUS ACTIVE THOUGHT, i.e. our primary senses, the decision and action to move to a particular location or to pick up something, etc. The remaining 90% is not unused matter; it is used for SUBCONSIOUS thought and automated process such as regulating heartbeat, body healing, digestion, memory storage, etc. You ask any legitimate doctor or psychologist about this and they will tell you exactly what I have.

BREATHING: First point, I did not specifically say "brain" cells; I said cells in general. Second, yes people can be revived after not having air for longer than 5 minutes; but if they have not been able to breath for at least five minutes, some cells all over their body will have died. This is a medical fact. The human body can still recuperate from this if not too many cells have died within the important organs, and I honestly don't know how long someone can go without air before they have no chance for revival. But that is not the question I asked
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1418. hozzászólás - 2011.02.28. 04:43:01 (Válasz Kiljaeden #1417 hozzászólására.)
About the radioactivity, if that is true then is not a specialized question, it is actually a good one. It would be nice if another player comments on that though.

I said brain cells because they are the first to go when you lose oxygen. Still, about that question i did not find a problem also, just said what the other evaluator might have thought.

Brain usage is the matter of debate, even amongst doctors. What some call unused potential, others call subconcious for example. Also % of use is varied between studies. Fact is there is no universal agreed answer to that, and the opinions can change suddenly when another study appears. The problem is not the question itself, just the subject could be debated and noone could tell other players that they are wrong and accept this question as a proven scientific fact. Is the same with evolution, extraterrestrial life or when will our sun will die. There are many THEORIES that are supported by facts from a lot of scientists, but then you have a lot of other scientists with their own facts contraticting it.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1419. hozzászólás - 2011.02.28. 07:01:29
About radioactive decay: It is a lot more complicated than that. It is true that most radioactive decay goes towards iron, as iron is the most stable element, some iron isotopes can however decay towards other elements. When going into nuclear physics it becomes a lot more complicated, as fusion and fission have produced all the known elements. However reactions away from iron tends to absorbs energy while reactions towards iron tends to releases energy.

About the breathing issue, some people can hold their breath for considerable longer than 5 minutes with no ill effect, this might also be the reason for the rejection.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1420. hozzászólás - 2011.02.28. 17:36:18 (Válasz stekkos #1418 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.02.28. 04:43:01
About the radioactivity, if that is true then is not a specialized question, it is actually a good one. It would be nice if another player comments on that though.

It's vaguely familiar from my nuclear physics class in college. I was under the impression that the guideline stated up through high school for academic questions, though. Perhaps if Googlability got factored in....
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője