Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Death

Oldal: 1
Dátum: 2010.03.20. 18:53:58
The bidding for the denevér szimbólum item was won by ...... (at 150 treasure points).

????????
Dátum: 2010.03.17. 20:17:02
Oh, and my personal experience is a damn fine argument. btw.
Not for me. And certainly not for the quiz admins.

PS - I don't care any more, because enough is said here in forum...
Yes, you do. You still can't swallow things that come from abroad. PLS try to convince everyone that the wiki and the Library of Congress are all wrong. Based upon your personal experience. LOL!

The Q should still go:
Which nation invented parachute, torpedo, neck-tie and 1st mechanical pen?
Americans
British
Italians
Croats*

Parachute: Italian
Mechanical pen: (Biro) Hungarian
Neck-tie: Croatian
Torpedo: American
Dátum: 2010.03.17. 13:49:47
As for David being Hungarian, did u happen to notice that Croatia back then was PART OF big Hungarian empire?
Zalaegerszeg, the place he was born at, was, and still is in Hungary. Pretty far from Croatia.
http://maps.google.com/maps? hl=en&source=hp&q=zalaegerszeg&aql=&oq=zalaeg&gs_rfai=&um=1&ie=UTF- 8&sa=N&tab=wl
Look a the facts, my "friend".

You know, you remind me of...
You are the one who has arguments based upon "we have it in our museums". Your personal experience is not an argument btw.

as for torpedo, I've already proven where it came from and have no intention of repeating myself.
You have proven nothing. Still despite all sources claim otherwise and repeat croatian canon.

Edit: If you wouldn't care, you wouldn't defend your Q.
Dátum: 2010.03.17. 11:36:16
Idézet: Valkyrie - 2010.03.16. 19:05:30
David Schwarz (1852-1897) is not German, he's a Croatian Jew who lived in Zagreb, state capital...

David Schwarz (Schwarz Dávid) was a hungarian. Born at Zalaegerszeg (some sources say Keszthely) died at Vienna. He just spent most of his life in Croatia.

According to wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Schwarz_(aviation_inventor)
Acording to the Library of Congress: (Schwarz, David, builder of airships; b. 12/20/1850 Zalaegerszeg (Ungarn); d. 1/13/1897 in Wien)
http://errol.oclc.org/laf/n83-302420.html
According to hungarians: http://www.hungarianhistory.com/pics/aviation.pdf

That's the problem w/ you and your sources. You take what you like, and throw away the rest.

And things like
taught in books not just in my country, and the museums hold the proofs

I can't see your education and museums from where I'm sitting. Noone else does. That's a poor argument. Show me.
Everyone can see what the Library of Congress, the Wikipedia and the hungarians say.
I didn't state my sources 'cause I don't have to. Everybody can google them.

The Q should still go:
Americans
British
Italians
Croats*

Parachute: Italian
Mechanical pen: (Biro) Hungarian
Neck-tie: Croatian
Torpedo: American
Dátum: 2010.03.16. 17:46:20
A croatian government site is still not authentic. Even your source states "credit for the invention of the first practical parachute frequently goes to Sebastien Lenormand", and that the first device was based on Da Vinci's drawing. I think that should be enough to get rid of the Q.

but they come from documents in possesion of museums, so there are physical proofs..

It doesn't matter if you say so. Still, the question bleeds from many wounds. If someone would search google for who invented the parachute, credit wouldn't go to a croatian.

But I tell you what - you can exchange the thing that bothers you the most from the list with zeppelin, or forensic medicine

Dávid Schwarz was the inventor of the zeppelin, (german) Count Ferdinand von Zeppelin bought the plans from his widow. Hugo Eckener disputed this, but either way it wasn't a croatian who invented it.

The first written account of using medicine and entomology to solve (separate) criminal cases is attributed to the book of Hsi Duan Yu(translated as "[Washing Away of Wrongs]"

The admins should decide what to do with your Q. I think you should choose another field when you write a new one.
Dátum: 2010.03.15. 23:51:16
Your answers are from sites like:
www.croatians.com

PLS take a look at something more authentic.
How should we know that the croatians regard these inventions as theirs?

Just one more thing:

inventors.about.com (your source!) says:
Credit for the invention of the first practical parachute frequently goes to Sebastien Lenormand who demonstrated the parachute principle in 1783. However, parachutes had been imagined and sketched by Leonardo Da Vinci (1452-1519) centuries earlier.

Faust Vrancic - Homo Volans
Other early inventors designed parachutes, including Croatian Faust Vrancic who constructed a device based on Da Vinci's drawing.

You shouldn't just crop the things you don't want to hear. Nice try btw.
Dátum: 2010.03.15. 14:02:26
Americans
British
Italians
Croats*

There are quite a few misunderstandings regarding inventions. The Q should go.

A ballpoint pen (also eponymously known in British English and Australian English as a biro and pronounced /ˈbaɪroʊ/ BYE-roh in Britain and Australia but sometimes /ˈbɪəroʊ/ BEER-oh elsewhere, named after its credited, though contested, inventor László Bíró) is a modern writing instrument.

The first usage of the term torpedo to refer to a naval explosive was by American inventor Robert Fulton.
The first torpedo designed to attack a specific target was the spar torpedo invented by by E. C. Singer, a private engineer who worked on secret projects for the benefit of the Confederate States of America.

The modern parachute was invented in the late 18th century by Louis-Sébastien Lenormand in France, who made the first recorded public jump in 1783.

And finally, the necktie was "invented" by croatians.
Dátum: 2010.03.15. 10:30:31
The longest highway in the world has a length of?
About 5000 km
About 7000 km
About 10000 km
About 8000 km*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway#World_record_highways

All answers are false, except if you want to know the longest point to point. It's probably not general knowledge either.

Longest international highway: the Pan-American Highway, which connects many countries in the Americas, is nearly 25,000 kilometres (15,534 mi) long as of 2005.

Longest national highway: Australia's Highway 1 at over 20,000 km (12,427 mi).

Longest national highway (Point to point): The Trans-Canada Highway (the T.C.H.) (known as TCH 1 in western Canada) is 7,821 km (4,857 mi) long as of 2006[update]
Dátum: 2010.03.02. 17:48:37
There's a minor problem w/ Clan votings.

8 !!HSZ!! (topic_szavazat_sok) (67%)
Dátum: 2010.02.10. 10:09:26
Who wrote "The Four Noble Truths" ?
Billy Graham
Chris West
The Dalai Lama
L Ron Hubbard

The Four Noble Truths appear many times, throughout the most ancient Buddhist texts, the Pali Canon. It wasn't written by the Dalai Lama.
Dátum: 2010.01.20. 12:27:49
As I remember, that's not a hun server, so it should be in english.
It had to be translated.
Dátum: 2010.01.20. 09:04:12
There`s a problem w/ the auction hall again.

Típus: Egyszeri hatás
Hatás: Sebgyógyítás szakértelmed permanensen megnő 10-el
Means: Your Heal wounds skill will be raised by 10.

Hatás: Átvételekor 250 kincspontot kapsz, ezután megsemmisül
Means: You get 250 Treasure points.
Dátum: 2009.12.30. 21:37:45
Thanks for the swift reply!
Dátum: 2009.12.30. 19:00:18
I'd like to report 3 bugs

NR. 1.
A bid at AH:

Ruby aura
Current bid: 6 gold ducat (Vsigamany)
I bid:
End of auction:
01.04.2010 02:10:38

Hatás: Megvásárlásakor minden tulajdonságod megnő permanensen eggyel

?????

It could be translated as:
When bought, all your attributes are improved by one.

NR. 2.
You cannot complete the quest: Kill a Nightspawn (I'm not sure that's the correct name), because the legend lvl 40. is incomplete.

NR. 3.
Crystal points can't be used for adventures. It's not a big issue 'cause there are still no adventures, but my pal Princess just reached lvl40, so...
Oldal: 1