Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
641. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 19:15:03 (Válasz Jerko #640 hozzászólására.)
The tolkien dragon question should have been removed.

You might not care but its as good a question as any. It is not very specific, the us senate is in the news of a lot more countries than just the us since they keep deciding on subjects that affect other nations (if that is right or wrong is irrelevant, please do not go into politics). Bottom line is good general knowledge about the US
Pontszám: 7.50
averageBoar
Végzetúr poronty
154 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
642. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 19:37:28
Which national team has NEVER won the Olympic Games until 2009 in soccer?
Hungary
Argentina
Cameroon
Brasil

Why should we know all of those countries achievements in football? Specific question! Delete please!

What does a polar bear not eat?
fish
seal
beaver
whale

And how can they eat a whale?

What animal has the most powerful bite?
Snapping turtle
Hyena
American alligator
Lion

Just matter of view... The snapping turtle's bite is the most powerful compared to its size...
Pontszám: 5
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
643. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 20:23:55
Well , if the whale is dead , they can eat it

The obvious answers is beaver . No beavers in the arctic area .
popularBannedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
644. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 21:22:24 (Válasz Boar #642 hozzászólására.)
I agree the bite question is a bit ambiguous because they list the most powerful and second most powerful animal bites when it comes to shear newton force.
And you are right, an alligator snapping turtle in full grown "size to bite ratio"... is the winner.

But... that was not the question.

As for the polar bear.. Jerko is correct in his logic... even sea lions feast on carcasses of whales.
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
645. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 22:00:52 (Válasz Banned #644 hozzászólására.)
Polar bears will also wait by holes in the ice and attack every time the whale has to pop up for air. Enough hits in the right spot and they have a tasty meal in the worst part of winter.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
646. hozzászólás - 2010.03.14. 22:47:32 (Válasz stekkos #635 hozzászólására.)
I really hope you could get over the angy mood and see reason. First of all, can you name all the team names of NFL, even if you are a US citizen? Even if you do, can you say the same for most of the people you know? How can you expect a specific question about a sport that it is LOCAL to one country, even as big as USA, be considered the same as asking something as general as an author of a book. If the question was about a character in the book then that would fal in the same category as your question. And as for googling, both questions can be found in seconds, but that is not the basis for a good question.

a) I'm not American
b) Most people in N.A. could figure out the team name given multiple choice options
c) The NFL Super Bowl is the most watched single event in the world (so Olympics / World Cup don't qualify)
d) The quiz is littered with questions about characters in books
e) The ability to find an answer "efficiently" is absolutely a foundation point for a good question
f) If I have to look up where Juventis plays because I am not a soccer fan (although I am - Italy, Serie A), why should a non-NFL fan be exempt from having to do any of their own research?
g) If a Japanese baseball fan wants to ask what the team name for Hokkaido is - you know what I'll do? I'll look it up!
http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/75/2297/full/gnwt0hed28jk33qkw7mi.gif

What it comes down to - Is this game for a global audience, or for Euros? If it's really only for European players, then just say that, and the problems go away. If it's a global game, then the entire system of question evaluation needs to become a global process - period.
A hozzászólást Viridel módosította 2010.03.14. 22:55:34-kor
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
647. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 08:43:15 (Válasz Viridel #646 hozzászólására.)
Viridel - to some extent, I agree with you. One of my first questions I posted was, In which English County would you find the oldest Officer's Training camp called Sandhurst? I believe this is a legitimate question to ask, but it was rejected on the grounds that 'only a specific group of people would know this'!!! Yet, I am asked to name the first person to sign the US Independence document. Being British and brought up in a British school system, we Brits were not taught about American History. We were taught British History especially WWI and WWII.

My argument to this is that ALL questions should be allowed through UNLESS there are spelling mistakes in the question/answer OR the answer is a bit dubious. WE can ALL learn each other's History and Culture. The internet is a great source for learning so why not use the tools for EVERY question that is asked.
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
648. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 09:26:29
I am interested and curious about other countries' history and culture , but I want the questions to test your general knowledge about that country , and not digging deep to find the answer .
much likedDeath
Végzetúr poronty
14 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
649. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 10:30:31
The longest highway in the world has a length of?
About 5000 km
About 7000 km
About 10000 km
About 8000 km*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway#World_record_highways

All answers are false, except if you want to know the longest point to point. It's probably not general knowledge either.

Longest international highway: the Pan-American Highway, which connects many countries in the Americas, is nearly 25,000 kilometres (15,534 mi) long as of 2005.

Longest national highway: Australia's Highway 1 at over 20,000 km (12,427 mi).

Longest national highway (Point to point): The Trans-Canada Highway (the T.C.H.) (known as TCH 1 in western Canada) is 7,821 km (4,857 mi) long as of 2006[update]
A hozzászólást Death módosította 2010.03.15. 11:09:06-kor
Pontszám: 7.50
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
650. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 12:42:42
If you go hunting and answer the quiz question correctly you get a bonus of …?
5,00%
10,00%
15,00%
12,50%

You get depending on quiz medals, and maybe some relics.. This Q should be reworded...
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
much likedDeath
Végzetúr poronty
14 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
651. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 14:02:26
Which nation invented parachute, torpedo, neck-tie and 1st mechanical pen?
Americans
British
Italians
Croats*

There are quite a few misunderstandings regarding inventions. The Q should go.

A ballpoint pen (also eponymously known in British English and Australian English as a biro and pronounced /ˈbaɪroʊ/ BYE-roh in Britain and Australia but sometimes /ˈbɪəroʊ/ BEER-oh elsewhere, named after its credited, though contested, inventor László Bíró) is a modern writing instrument.

The first usage of the term torpedo to refer to a naval explosive was by American inventor Robert Fulton.
The first torpedo designed to attack a specific target was the spar torpedo invented by by E. C. Singer, a private engineer who worked on secret projects for the benefit of the Confederate States of America.

The modern parachute was invented in the late 18th century by Louis-Sébastien Lenormand in France, who made the first recorded public jump in 1783.

And finally, the necktie was "invented" by croatians.
A hozzászólást Death módosította 2010.03.15. 14:04:32-kor
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
652. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 16:27:52 (Válasz Hyannis #647 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Hyannis - 2010.03.15. 08:43:15
Viridel - to some extent, I agree with you. One of my first questions I posted was, In which English County would you find the oldest Officer's Training camp called Sandhurst? I believe this is a legitimate question to ask, but it was rejected on the grounds that 'only a specific group of people would know this'!!! Yet, I am asked to name the first person to sign the US Independence document. Being British and brought up in a British school system, we Brits were not taught about American History. We were taught British History especially WWI and WWII.

My argument to this is that ALL questions should be allowed through UNLESS there are spelling mistakes in the question/answer OR the answer is a bit dubious. WE can ALL learn each other's History and Culture. The internet is a great source for learning so why not use the tools for EVERY question that is asked.

Hyannis, please join us in the Complaints -> Quiz area of the forum - we need more intelligent people like you who understand what we are complaining about.
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
653. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 17:09:18
How many Red balls in a game of Snooker?

How many red balls are in a game of snooker ?
unpopularaneksi
Végzetúr poronty
44 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
654. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 18:08:58
Who was the Micheal Jordan famous co-player in Chicago Bulls during their NBA dominance era?
Shaquille O'Neal
Jeff Hornacek
Scottie Pippen
Clyde Drexler

Just saw this question. And forgive me if i may be wrong. But shouldn't this read- Who was michael jordan's famous co-player on the chicago bulls during their nba dominant era. ? Or keep everything but change in chicago bulls to on either way that sentence is not proper.

To me seems like if i am right this shouldn't have even been allowed in.

And then this one-

Mario Bava and Lamberto Bava are?
Famous Spanish pirates
Italian TV cook-shiefs
Italian movie directors
Famous Spanish politicians

What is a shiefs? Did it mean chefs? And if so the answer is for the most part stupid as there is a bigggg difference between a cook and a chef. But if there is such thing as a shief strike this lol.
A hozzászólást aneksi módosította 2010.03.15. 18:10:45-kor
unpopularaneksi
Végzetúr poronty
44 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
655. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 18:12:56 (Válasz Hyannis #647 hozzászólására.)

And i agree with you except if people cannot figure the answer to just any question out it will get removed and be deemed as a bad question anyway. Which is garbage.
unpopularaneksi
Végzetúr poronty
44 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
656. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 18:17:14 (Válasz Boar #642 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Boar - 2010.03.14. 19:37:28
Which national team has NEVER won the Olympic Games until 2009 in soccer?
Hungary
Argentina
Cameroon
Brasil

Why should we know all of those countries achievements in football? Specific question! Delete please!

What does a polar bear not eat?
fish
seal
beaver
whale

And how can they eat a whale?

What animal has the most powerful bite?
Snapping turtle
Hyena
American alligator
Lion

Just matter of view... The snapping turtle's bite is the most powerful compared to its size...

Watch the discovery channel every once and a while and you will know that polar bears paws are so big and powerfull they can lift a full sized, living whale staright out of the water. The soccer question i totally agree with.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
657. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 19:14:58 (Válasz Valkyrie #650 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Valkyrie - 2010.03.15. 12:42:42
If you go hunting and answer the quiz question correctly you get a bonus of …?
5,00%
10,00%
15,00%
12,50%

You get depending on quiz medals, and maybe some relics.. This Q should be reworded...

They probably let it through due to the level 1 players answering, they can only know the 10%
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
658. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 19:26:02 (Válasz aneksi #655 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: aneksi - 2010.03.15. 18:12:56

And i agree with you except if people cannot figure the answer to just any question out it will get removed and be deemed as a bad question anyway. Which is garbage.

Well, it gets taken out when it falls below 25%, which with 4 answers to choose from, it's even with "chance". And, for the record, when a couple of these have temporarily snuck thru in the past (then not surprisingly been simply removed from the system), they've had scores of 77% and 83% - which just proves that the Quiz Mods are utterly full of shit in rejecting them.
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
659. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 19:57:53 (Válasz Death #651 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Death - 2010.03.15. 14:02:26
Which nation invented parachute, torpedo, neck-tie and 1st mechanical pen?
Americans
British
Italians
Croats*

There are quite a few misunderstandings regarding inventions. The Q should go.

A ballpoint pen (also eponymously known in British English and Australian English as a biro and pronounced /ˈbaɪroʊ/ BYE-roh in Britain and Australia but sometimes /ˈbɪəroʊ/ BEER-oh elsewhere, named after its credited, though contested, inventor László Bíró) is a modern writing instrument.

The first usage of the term torpedo to refer to a naval explosive was by American inventor Robert Fulton.
The first torpedo designed to attack a specific target was the spar torpedo invented by by E. C. Singer, a private engineer who worked on secret projects for the benefit of the Confederate States of America.

The modern parachute was invented in the late 18th century by Louis-Sébastien Lenormand in France, who made the first recorded public jump in 1783.

And finally, the necktie was "invented" by croatians.

Nice try. However, there are no misunderstandings(well, maybe one)...

Faust Vrancic, born in Sibenik in 1551, died in Venice 1617, (...) His most interesting invention was, certainly, a parachute or “Homo volans” (The Flying Man) as called by Vrancic himself. Faust Vrancic performed a jump with his parachute somewhere in Venice in order to test it. This fact is explicitely stated in a book written by English bishop John Willkins (1614-1672), secretary of the Royal Society in London, only 30 years after the jump. The title of his book which contains this important testimony about Faust Vrancic is Mathematical Magic of the Wonders that may be Performed by Mechanical Geometry, part I: Concerning Mechanical Powers Motion, part II, Deadloss or Mechanical Motions, published in London in 1648.

that's for the parachute...

this is for the pen:

http://www.croatia.org/crown/articles/7682/1/E-Croatian-invented-worlds-first- mechanical-pencil-100-years-ago.html

and

http://inventors.about.com/od/pstartinventors/a/Croatian.htm

there are of course, more...

This is for the torpedo (the only thing that might be debated..)

Modern torpedo, self-propelled projectile which is launched from the ship, submarine and helicopter is invention of an croatian retired naval officer Ivan-Lupis-Vukić. Although similar gadgets,like submarine mines , existed 50 years before, he was the first invented the missile that can move alone. In the 1860 year he presented his invention to the Austro-Hungarian navy. With the authorization of the navy , in the city Rijeka was founded the factory 'Torpedo' that was producing those missiles.
Projectiles received the name from that factory. In the year 1870 missile had coverage until 1000 yards( 912 meters) and maximal speed of 6 knots(1 čvor= 1.852 km/h).
In the year 1881 factory started to export torpedoes into other countries. First ship that was sanked with torpedo was the Blanco Encalada , sanked in the Chilean civil war, at the 23rd April by the torpedo boat Lynch.
Torpedoes are today obligation parts of an every naval troop.
A hozzászólást Valkyrie módosította 2010.03.15. 20:33:01-kor
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
popularDedhedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
660. hozzászólás - 2010.03.15. 21:37:21
Which number has it's letters in alphabetical order?

Correct answer is: 40 (fourty)

How can this be so???

R & T both come before U.
Pontszám: 6
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője