Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Johannes Buckbeak

Oldal: 123456
Dátum: 2012.07.09. 18:01:17
Which of the following is real royalty?

The answer given as correct is the Duke of Wellington (the other choices are fictional characters or jazz musicians. But the Duke of Wellington is not Royalty either, so the answer is wrong. Maybe "Which of these is real nobility" or something like that.
Dátum: 2012.07.05. 19:53:49
What animated character said this "Too Infinity and Beyond."?

"To Infinity and Beyond".
Dátum: 2012.07.02. 22:17:43
The problem is then we would all be checking every 30 minutes and Casandra would still have beaten you. It's an arms race - we'd all be working much harder and nobody would be any better off
Dátum: 2012.07.01. 09:59:35
Brilliant - there it is! And some useful things there. So why do they hide it away under "Acceleration"? This ought to be under Settings, or Premium. I have to say this isn't surprising though, the structure of the various "menus" in this game is very poor. I bet there are other things hidden away somewhere that I still don't know about, after more than two years playing
Dátum: 2012.07.01. 00:05:43
I'm not even sure I know how to activate the "comfort functions". Where would I find them? I have had a trawl through the more obvious places but I don't think I have found them - not under that name anyway
Dátum: 2012.06.30. 21:41:12
"What is the possible death of Tutankhamun?"

"What is the possible cause of the death of Tutankhamun?" - or maybe better "What is thought to be the likely cause of the death of Tutankhamun?"
Dátum: 2012.06.30. 21:37:35
In England, a 'blind road' is?

Answer given is "A dead end street"

Well sorry, I have lived in England all my 56 years, and I make my living as a writer, and I have never heard this term spoken or seen it wrtten. It's possible that it is used this way in some small area or maybe it's a long-obsolete form, but it absolutely is not the standard English term - that would be cul-de-sac or dead end. The only thing that comes close is a "blind alley" - which does indeed refer to a dead end, but it is almost always used metaphorically nowadays - "your argument is taking you up a blind alley". But "blind road" is just not a term in common use in England.
Dátum: 2012.06.28. 10:06:20
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2012.06.08. 09:46:17
I think I found the question: Which of Jupiter's moons are most likely to have life on them?

Io is marked as correct, but from what I read, it has the heat and energy, but lacks water for life.

Europa, was long thought to be a possibility, but I found recent reports claiming that the ocean may be too acidic to support life.

I changed the answer to Europa, for now, but would love to hear from someone more versed in the subject to know if the question is valid at all.

I saw this question a little while ago, and in my view it is not a valid question at all. "Most likely" is a matter of opinion - we don't really know what conditions were responsible for the start of life on earth, or even if it was inevitable or an amazing fluke. Religious people would say that it depends on what God decides. Maybe Jupiter itself has life in the form of intelligent gases. Whatever your position, there really is no correct answer to this question - it is more of a subect for a doctoral thesis than a four-way multiple choice. I'd say you should just remove it.
Dátum: 2012.06.28. 09:50:12
Sorry I didn't copy the exact question - I didn't realise it was a problem until I answered it. It is something like "Which statement is not true about DNA?" and one of the answers was "It is encoded uniquely for every individual". I chose this because it is not true - identical twins share identical DNA. However this was marked wrong - the "correct" answer was something like "It becomes inactive after birth" - which is also untrue. So you have two possible valid answers, and this question is ambiguous. If you want to rescue it you will need to deal with the issue of identical twins and unique DNA.
Dátum: 2012.04.21. 11:29:51
How long would an ounce of gold, stretched into a wire be?

The answer given as correct is 50 miles - other choices range from 20 miles to 60 miles. The length of the wire depends entirely on how thin it is stretched - any of the answers could be correct, and the question is hopelessly ambiguous. I don't think this question can sensibly be rescued, I suggest you retire it.
Dátum: 2012.04.18. 12:19:06
I have the same question - should we save up DP as well as AP?
Dátum: 2012.04.16. 16:13:25
Who had the male leading roll in the movie "Pretty Woman" ?

"male leading role" - or even better, "leading male role"
Dátum: 2012.04.16. 08:23:44
Which componist wrote the St Matthew Passion?

"composer"
Dátum: 2012.04.05. 11:27:32
Night and Day are 12 hours when the sun is at ? (possibly not the exact wording, I didn't know I would need to copy it).

The marked correct answer is given as "Equator" - which is OK. But another possible answer given is "Equinox". This is ambiguous, or at the very least highly misleading - night and day are indeed 12 hours at the equinox, that's what the word means in Latin.

If you want to be highly pedantic you could argue that the exact wording of the question ("the sun is at..") excludes equinox, but if so that's a very poor question, especially for people whose first language is not English. I suggest that you replace Equinox with Solstice - that still allows people to fall into a trap, but at least it is unambiguous, and there is only one possible correct answer.
Dátum: 2012.04.03. 11:40:01
How much zero mentioned in a billion?

Should be something like "How many zeroes are there in a billion?" or, if you want to be highly pedantic, "How many zeroes are there in the standard expression of a billion?"
Dátum: 2012.03.28. 16:28:23
Yes, it's a big decision for a clan - knock down the existing buildings and do the work again, with better buildings as the eventual prize. We did it (or started it anyway) in the Xmas truce, so that there was no duelling going on while we had no Ramparts and Training Ground at all.
Dátum: 2012.03.28. 14:36:41
Who was the first person to fly non-stop across the Atlantic?

The answer marked correct was Charles Lindbergh. He was the first person to do it solo. Alcock and Brown were the first people to fly the Atlantic non-stop. Easiest to add the word solo to the question.
Dátum: 2012.03.28. 14:30:42
The question about WWF (sorry, I didn't copy the exact question as I didn't realise there was a problem until I saw the answer). The answer given was:

Wrong answer! The correct answer is: World Wildlife Fund.

This is incorrect - to quote from WWF's website:
WWF originally stood for "World Wildlife Fund".
However, in 1986, WWF had come to realize that its name no longer reflected the scope of its activities, and changed its name to "World Wide Fund For Nature".
The United States and Canada, however, retained the old name.
The resulting confusion caused by the name change in 1986, together with its translation into more than 15 languages, led the WWF Network in 2001 to agree on using the original acronym as its one, global name - the acronym that it had always been known by since its inception way back in 1961: WWF

So the best you can say about the answer is that it is ambiguous. It is certainly incorrect to mark World Wide Fund as incorrect! In fact, it seems that WWF is now just the name, it doesn't really stand for anything any more. I would retire this question, to be honest.
Dátum: 2012.03.26. 08:58:16
\Signed
Dátum: 2012.02.14. 16:15:09
In the Huckster war just finished, I was on the winning team with over 300 victories, and I was in the top 10 for both victories and for healing potions consumed. If I understand the rewards description correctly, this should give me three huckster medallions - one with a 3% discount on SE, and two with a 2% discount on Soul Diamonds. As far as I can see, I have not got the latter - there are certainly no medallions of that type on my character, and I don't think I am getting any discount on Soul Diamond items. Is there a bug, or have I misunderstood the rewards?
Oldal: 123456