Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - MartinBV

Dátum: 2011.01.15. 09:05:45
Idézet: Harleyharr - 2011.01.14. 22:23:15
What the hell is this?

A brick weighs 2kg and half a brick, how much do 2 bricks weigh?
4kg
2kg
12kg
8kg

So 1 brick + 1/2 brick = 3kg so 3kg * 2 = 8kg ????

Give me a break!

and this....

Compared to a human population of 6 billion, which species numbers under 200,000?
Bison
Chimpanzee
Gray wolf
All of the above

What do you mean compared? Compare how? Why? What does that have to do with anything? Compared to an apple being red, what rugby player scored the most points at the 1954 match in Seville vs. England?
Did you get those two rejected?

As to the 1st one. one brick weighs 4 kg. Has been explained numerous times. It's simple maths: X = 2 + X/2 => X = 4 => 2X = 8. So this question should not be rejected.

"All of the above" is not a good answer, as it might be the 1st option when the player sees the question.
Dátum: 2011.01.14. 21:53:16
Today the temperature is 0 degrees Celsius. Tomorrow will be twice as cold. How many degrees will be tomorrow?
same temperature as today 0

What is this? twice as cold as 0 degree Celsius would be -20 relative to the recommended living room temperature in Denmark, or around -15 relative to the global mean temperature. My point is that this question is meaningless.
Dátum: 2011.01.14. 20:38:50
Which former republic of Yugoslavia is the only member of EU?
Croatia
Macedonia
Serbia
Slovenia

Of the former Yugoslav republics which is the member of European Union?
Croatia
Slovenia
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Serbia

One of these needs to be removed, and the other needs a date. Croatia is expected to join the EU in 2012, and Bosnia and Herzegovina is trying to meet the requirements for an application. And Macedonia is a candidate for joining the EU as well.
Dátum: 2011.01.12. 07:57:10
How many alphabets are in Gurmukhi ?
Thirty Six (36)
Twenty Six (26)
Thirty Seven (37
Thirty Five (35)

Do I need to say more, there still is only one alphabet, with 35 characters.

acording to legend medussa can turn you into _______ if you look at her?
a banana
stone <- marked as correct
rock <- isn't this also a possible answer?
mitheral

Rock and stone are synonymous, so it's just a matter of translation from Greek or Latin to English
Dátum: 2011.01.11. 12:39:50
Idézet: Dakaan - 2011.01.11. 09:58:19
"The Shawshank Redemption" was written by...

Ray Bradbury
Louisa May Alcott
Stephen King - marked as correct
T.S. Eliot

The first google answer is:

The Shawshank Redemption written by — Frank Darabont ..
The trouble here is that the film is based on a novella by Stephen King, named "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption" but since the question is about "The Shawshank Redemption" and not "Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption" the correct answer is Frank Darabont.
Dátum: 2011.01.10. 18:49:50
Which British Universities take place in a famous boat race?
Leeds and York
Oxford and Cambridge
Oxford and Leeds
Cambridge and York

How did this one not get rejected due to spelling/grammar error? Replace "place" with "part" and the question is ok, but as it is it's simply wrong.
Dátum: 2011.01.10. 07:00:21
Idézet: Viridel - 2011.01.09. 23:10:49
Who played the title-role in Ridley Scott's "Blade Runner" (1982)?

Harrison Ford ... Rick Deckard
Rutger Hauer ... Roy Batty
Sean Young ... Rachael
Edward Olmos ... Gaff
Emmet Walsh ... Bryant
Daryl Hannah ... Pris
W. Sanderson ... J.F. Sebastian
etc.

Nobody played the "title role".
Rick Deckard was a Blade Runner, but unsure if that qualifies as a title role.
Dátum: 2011.01.09. 11:43:11
In a deck of cards, which is the only king without a moustache?
King of Clubs
King of Spades
King of Diamonds
King of Hearts <- marked as correct

According to wikipedia this is correct, but on both of the decks of cards I could find in the house the king of harts does have a moustache so it's not quite universal.
Dátum: 2011.01.08. 19:57:40
Leading the movement is placed to bring Pol Pot to power in 1966 the Communist Party ?
Can I have a translation please?

Since the question includes the name Pol Pot and one of the possible answers was "Khmer Rouge movement" I guessed that that was the right answer, but still, just remove the question.
Dátum: 2011.01.08. 18:30:07
If the opposite of "pro" is "con" then the opposite of "progress" is?
advancement
improvement
evolution
congress <- marked as correct
This is a bad joke! The opposite of "progress" is "regress"
Dátum: 2011.01.08. 14:05:39
What is the only river in the world that flows south to north?

"There are countless examples of rivers flowing northward. Some of the most famous rivers that flow north include the world's longest Nile River, Russia's Ob, Lena, and Yenisey Rivers, the Red River in the United States and Canada, Canada's Mackenzie River, and California's San Joaquin River." About.com

Of the four rivers mentioned as possible answers only one did flow north, but that still doesn't make the question right.
I could have posted a correct version of the question but I'd most likely get "question is already in the database" response from it.
Dátum: 2011.01.04. 23:12:08
Finish the riddle: Hickory Dikory Dock,........?
the house ran up the clock
the mouse ran up the clock
tomato
the clock broke

Not much of a riddle. This is the beginning of a 12 verse rhyme, each verse starting and ending with "Hickory Dickory Dock"
Dátum: 2011.01.03. 20:28:27
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2011.01.03. 18:53:12
Idézet: MartinBV - 2011.01.03. 18:06:24
Who is the original drummer of Guns N' Roses?
West Arkeen
Matt Sorum
Steven Adler <- marked as correct
Izzy Stradlin
According to wikipedia, he was the second drummer, he started in May 1985
The original drummer was Rob Gardner he was active from March–May 1985, doesn't feature on any recordings though, but still the original drummer.

If a band plays in a forest and nobody records them, do they really exist?

Yes they do, though you'd probably never hear of them. Some bands play for years and even make a living playing without ever recording anything, or publishing it.
Dátum: 2011.01.03. 18:06:24
Who is the original drummer of Guns N' Roses?
West Arkeen
Matt Sorum
Steven Adler <- marked as correct
Izzy Stradlin
According to wikipedia, he was the second drummer, he started in May 1985
The original drummer was Rob Gardner he was active from March–May 1985, doesn't feature on any recordings though, but still the original drummer.
Dátum: 2011.01.03. 16:26:54
Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2011.01.03. 12:45:32
Is any attention paid to the posts here?

This TOTALLY INCORRECT question is still here:

2010: Brussels is the capital of?

Flanders
Europe
all 3
Belgium

Europe is a Continent and has no capital city. Likewise, no other continent has a capital city. Please remove this BAD, INCORRECT question.
The 2nd option should be The European Union, and then I'd say it was ok, though the EU doesn't officially have a capital city. The parliament moves between Brussels and Strasbourg, other central functions are placed in other cities.
Dátum: 2011.01.02. 21:12:56
What does the Greek phrase "Ta biblia" translate to?
Scroll
Little papyrus books
Old book
Article

Well I don't claim to be an expert in Greek, but from the descriptions I have been able to find, google translate, and an on-line dictionary "ta" translate to "the" and "biblia" translates "books". The word "biblia" comes from biblion, diminutive of biblos ‘papyrus’.

So the correct translation should be "the books" (or as is also the case "the Bible")

When you start a game, you...?
...have a level 1 low damage spell
...have no spell at all <- marked as correct
...have a choice whether you want mace or a low damage spell
...have a level 1 spell that decreases your opponent's attack

That depends on what game you're talking about! As the question is formulated it makes no sense at all. The answer could be any of the 4 answers or something entirely different.
Dátum: 2011.01.02. 21:01:00
What does this mean mean?

Premium HP regeneration:
If you prefer the old premium regeneration (always your HP regenerates faster, whether you hunt or not)

Do I get faster HP regeneration if I select it, or only when I hunt, or only when I don't hunt?

I'm confused, the Premium Description say I get "much quicker hit point regeneration" is this the new or the old?
Dátum: 2010.12.28. 10:26:42
What day is the last day of the Mayan calendar?
12-21-2012
12-12-2012
12-20-2012
12-11-2012

Besides being a misconception, the correct question is already in the database: "When does the current cycle of the Mayan calendar end?"

And another misconception:

How many colors are in a rainbow?
7 <- marked as correct

There are as many colours in a rainbow as there are wavelengths in sunlight, so the true answer is: A rainbow spans a continuous spectrum of colours.

Edit: added another error.
Dátum: 2010.12.27. 11:23:57
This person came to fame as Robin Hood and William Tell. He is....
Lorne Greene
Errol Flynn <- played both Robin Hood and William Tell
Richard Greene <- Marked as correct.
Richard Todd <- played robin hood

IMDb only lists Richard Greene as playing Robin Hood, not William Tell. Though he might have played William Tell I have not been able to find any reference to it.
Dátum: 2010.12.26. 16:00:34
Doh! Of cause..... reposted with the correction... Hope I didn't manage to introduce another spelling mistake.