Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Why did i reject a question (stekkos)
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Why did i reject a question (stekkos)
441. hozzászólás - 2010.12.24. 10:17:34
In the Epic of Gilgamesh who does the main hero go to meet after the death of Enkidu?

I had to read through most of the story to find this detail, it is not general trivia for it.
Pontszám: 5
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
442. hozzászólás - 2010.12.24. 10:21:21
Petel, all the sources in the LIMITED time i had were mentioning the German name since that was the name then. It is not an issue of accepting the proper name, when someone knows the history of WWII should be able to answer even if he does not know the change in name.

Also, which questions do you need me to clarify?
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.12.24. 10:21:54-kor
hatedpetel87
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
443. hozzászólás - 2010.12.24. 10:37:21 (Válasz stekkos #442 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.12.24. 10:21:21

Also, which questions do you need me to clarify?

The infamous "pedophile" question but you did that already and I accept your point of view.
much likedManannan Mac LirFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
51 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
444. hozzászólás - 2010.12.24. 11:12:52 (Válasz stekkos #441 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.12.24. 10:17:34
In the Epic of Gilgamesh who does the main hero go to meet after the death of Enkidu?

I had to read through most of the story to find this detail, it is not general trivia for it.

I disagree.

Utnapishtim is one of the primary characters in the Epic. He is the immortal hero that Gilgamesh goes to see in search of eternal life.

If a question is allowed asking what percentage divine Gilgamesh is why is this one not allowed?

Wiki Artical

The Epic of Gilgamesh is epic poetry from Mesopotamia and is among the earliest known works of literature. Scholars believe that it originated as a series of Sumerian legends and poems about the protagonist of the story, Gilgamesh, which were fashioned into a longer Akkadian epic much later. The most complete version existing today is preserved on 12 clay tablets from the library collection of 7th-century BC Assyrian king Ashurbanipal. It was originally titled He who Saw the Deep (Sha naqba īmuru) or Surpassing All Other Kings (Shūtur eli sharrī).

The story revolves around a relationship between Gilgamesh (probably a real ruler in the late Early Dynastic II period ca. 27th century BC)[1] and his close companion, Enkidu. Enkidu is a wild man created by the gods as Gilgamesh's equal to distract him from oppressing the citizens of Uruk. Together they undertake dangerous quests that incur the displeasure of the gods. Firstly, they journey to the Cedar Mountain to defeat Humbaba, its monstrous guardian. Later they kill the Bull of Heaven that the goddess Ishtar has sent to punish Gilgamesh for spurning her advances.

The latter part of the epic focuses on Gilgamesh's distressed reaction to Enkidu's death, which takes the form of a quest for immortality. Gilgamesh attempts to learn the secret of eternal life by undertaking a long and perilous journey to meet the immortal flood hero, Utnapishtim. Ultimately the poignant words addressed to Gilgamesh in the midst of his quest foreshadow the end result: "The life that you are seeking you will never find. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping." Gilgamesh, however, was celebrated by posterity for his building achievements, and for bringing back long-lost cultic knowledge to Uruk as a result of his meeting with Utnapishtim. The story is widely read in translation, and the protagonist, Gilgamesh, has become an icon of popular culture.
A hozzászólást Manannan Mac Lir módosította 2010.12.24. 12:16:39-kor
hatedpetel87
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
445. hozzászólás - 2010.12.24. 13:16:48 (Válasz Manannan Mac Lir #444 hozzászólására.)
Dude I personally am familiar with Epic of Gilgamesh but I doubt that even 5% of people would have any idea what is it. I have just asked my girlfriend and she has no idea what is it. This is not something that you learn at school and you are asking a detailed question. If you have asked what actually is Epic of Gilgamesh than the question might have been accepted but otherwise I have to agree with the evaluator.
Besides if we talk about epic poems, Beowulf is better
much likedManannan Mac LirFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
51 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
446. hozzászólás - 2010.12.24. 14:11:55 (Válasz petel87 #445 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: petel87 - 2010.12.24. 13:16:48
Dude I personally am familiar with Epic of Gilgamesh but I doubt that even 5% of people would have any idea what is it. I have just asked my girlfriend and she has no idea what is it. This is not something that you learn at school and you are asking a detailed question. If you have asked what actually is Epic of Gilgamesh than the question might have been accepted but otherwise I have to agree with the evaluator.

I would not have asked it if there was not aready a much harder (IMHO) question on the Epic.

That other question came up when I was hunting - so I assumed that the evaluators had decided that questions on the Epic were alright. Asking a question about the name of one of the more important characters seemed to me to be more reasonable that the qustion that is already in the data base asking what percentage of divinity was Gilgamesh - a question with answers like 1/3 divine, 1/2 Divine, 2/3 Divine or fully human.

If that question is considered acceptable I do not understand why mine is not - that is the question I am asking here. I would never have thought of asking a question on this topic if there were not already questions about it in the database....
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
447. hozzászólás - 2010.12.24. 14:47:04
Different evaluator, different opinion would be my guess.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
448. hozzászólás - 2010.12.24. 16:20:41
Lydon is correct, however is not an issue of you asking something very hard. If you had asked "Who is a major character in the Epic" it would pass with the same answers. You asked to find which character comes at a specific part of the story. It would cause players to go searching through the story, like i did, and possibly even miss it if they rush. That will surely cause unnecessary frustration.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
449. hozzászólás - 2010.12.25. 07:02:13 (Válasz Viridel #440 hozzászólására.)
You two will stop it and change topic or I'll make you silent for some days.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
450. hozzászólás - 2010.12.25. 07:58:48
Somebody woke up grumpy on christmas:)
I don't feel like making a new thread so I ll hijack this one, stekkos won't mind:)
Merry Christmass to everyone.
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
451. hozzászólás - 2010.12.25. 19:45:46
I too will start posting questions here, so please note which of us posted your question.

Here's the first two:

Which of these has the German Sherperd Dog been trained for?
Herding Dog
All of them
Guide Dog
Guard Dog

should be "Shepherd" and "all of them" is not a good answer.

Which of these advertising characters appeared on TV first?

One would have to know every character and the date they first appeared on TV. Then there is possibility of it appearing in other countries first. Too much detail in one question for the quiz. I do think they could make an interesting series of questions if reworded individually.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
452. hozzászólás - 2010.12.26. 04:18:47
The Great Smomey Mountains are located on what continent?

I think you mean Smoky Mountains.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
453. hozzászólás - 2010.12.26. 15:56:24
Which of these conifers loses its leaves (needles) in the fall?
Fir
Pine
Lark
Spruce

I think you mean "Larch" not "Lark"
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
454. hozzászólás - 2010.12.26. 16:00:34 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #453 hozzászólására.)
Doh! Of cause..... reposted with the correction... Hope I didn't manage to introduce another spelling mistake.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
455. hozzászólás - 2010.12.27. 07:12:20 (Válasz Manannan Mac Lir #446 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Manannan Mac Lir - 2010.12.24. 14:11:55
Idézet: petel87 - 2010.12.24. 13:16:48

I would not have asked it if there was not aready a much harder (IMHO) question on the Epic.

That other question came up when I was hunting - so I assumed that the evaluators had decided that questions on the Epic were alright. Asking a question about the name of one of the more important characters seemed to me to be more reasonable that the qustion that is already in the data base asking what percentage of divinity was Gilgamesh - a question with answers like 1/3 divine, 1/2 Divine, 2/3 Divine or fully human.

If that question is considered acceptable I do not understand why mine is not - that is the question I am asking here. I would never have thought of asking a question on this topic if there were not already questions about it in the database....

Google is the key - if you copy that "how many parts god is Gilgie", the answer is readily available. So while in your mind, it may be the tougher question - for the masses who would have to Google BOTH questions, the part-god is far easier.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
456. hozzászólás - 2010.12.27. 17:31:48
According to Theodore Roosevelt, how should one walk while carrying a big stick?

This question is worded wrong. The quote is "Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick." The adverb "softly" explains how to speak. There is no explanation on how one should walk.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
457. hozzászólás - 2010.12.29. 10:48:30
Who was creator of "Corto Maltese" comic book?

All sources point to this being an Italian comic and has no English translation. Non English publications are not allowed in the quiz
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
458. hozzászólás - 2010.12.30. 03:16:53
In the television series Lost In Space, what year in the future was it?

I watched re-runs of this as a kid and had no clue what the answer to this was, so I believe this falls under special knowledge for this quiz. One would have had to watch the show and catch this minor fact.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
459. hozzászólás - 2010.12.30. 03:52:25
1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10=

Math equations not allowed.
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
460. hozzászólás - 2010.12.30. 19:16:18
What is the biggest peninsula in the world?

Answers need to be in English.
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője