Szerző
Topic neve: New event: Horde Wars
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
New event: Horde Wars
1. hozzászólás - 2013.10.10. 12:11:50
We are introducing a new event to the game, Horde Wars. It will replace the map event, which was the least popular of all events.

The Horde Wars lasts for 3 weeks. Players of any level can participate. No registration is required.

Rules
During this event, the hordes compete each other. There will be a map, divided into 6x6 territories. Players can choose to attack any of the territories.
When you attack, you will fight an NPC doomlord. If you defeat him, your horde will receive 1 victory for that territory.
At the end of each day, we will see how the total victories of each horde are distributed between territories.
For example, the ruby horde have 1000 total victories by the end of the 5th day on the entire map. Of these, they have 100 victories on the first territory. This means they have 10% victory on that square.
The emerald horda have 3000 total victories. Of these, they have 150 victories on the first territory. So they have 5% victory on that square, therefore the ruby horde gets the point for that day.
At the end of each day, each horde gets one point for every territory they control (ie. they have the highest percentage).
At the end of the event, these points determine the rank of hordes.

More details
When you attack a territory, you will see the standing from the end of the previous day, but you will not see the additional victories gained during that given day.
Attack costs 1 duel point and 1 event point. Event points you can collect by hunting. If you win at least 65 times a day, additional attacks will cost 2 duel points.
Fight follows the same rules as huckster wars (no drain life, you can't lose SE). You can complete the critical spell/hit quests, and the stunning as well.
During the event, SWITCHING HORDE IS NOT PERMITTED.
Map finding skill is important. If it is at least 1/3 of your level, you will heal at the end of the battles, and have greater chance to find treasures.

Rewards.
At the end of the event, participating players will receive medals, which grant +stats similar to championship medals. These medals will have a duration (until the next Horde Wars).
There will be a bronze, silver, golden, platinum and diamond medal. Which you receive will depend on the rank of your horde and the number of victories you achieve. You can get a diamond medal even if your horde is third if you have enough victories.
Also, after each victorious battle, you will receive soul-energy, xp (same way as with the huckster event), and with some chance, treasure.
One of the treasures will be the horde trophy. Collect a number to exchange them for relic coupons and 2 unique relics.
Although the event will run for all worlds combined, there will be separate top10 lists for each worlds (number of victories and number of healing potions used). Top10 in each list will receive additional horde trophies.
During the event, we will be offering a package on daily offers which you can buy twice per day at most (t will contain duel and action point potion, healing potion and other goodies).

Date/time
The event starts on 16th of October, 8am EST (14pm CET). You can start collecting event points already from this Friday (11th of Oct).
The event lasts for 21 days.
A hozzászólást Miklos módosította 2013.10.16. 12:19:18-kor
Pontszám: 7.50
averageTrackur
Végzetúr poronty
177 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: New event: Horde Wars
2. hozzászólás - 2013.10.10. 12:36:43
Thanks for the whole 6 days warning!
Pontszám: 5
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3. hozzászólás - 2013.10.10. 13:02:32 (Válasz Trackur #2 hozzászólására.)
Yes, I know, time was tight, we just finalized the event and I posted all details asap. We knew since long that people wanted something else instead of map, but spent a lot of work on the world merge program (which is still not ready).
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
4. hozzászólás - 2013.10.10. 16:36:58 (Válasz Miklos #3 hozzászólására.)
The Event looks interesting despite the very short notice

I am confused about the interaction between worlds though.
"Although the event will run for all worlds combined, there will be separate top10 lists for each worlds (number of victories and number of healing potions used). Top10 in each list will receive additional horde trophies."
Does this mean all attacks from all ruby (or whatever horde) players in all 3 worlds will be counted towards the daily totals/percentages? I like the concept, as an introduction for the upcoming merger, but won't it be very confusing? We can't even know which players from other worlds are in our horde. And by the way, YOU MUST create a HORDE tab in the chat window for this event. Otherwise, any sort of planning will be impossible.

Thanks,
Cruel.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
5. hozzászólás - 2013.10.10. 17:19:06
will anything happen with the map finding skill?
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
6. hozzászólás - 2013.10.10. 17:42:29 (Válasz manunkind #5 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: manunkind - 2013.10.10. 17:19:06
will anything happen with the map finding skill?

"Map finding skill is important. If it is at least 1/3 of your level, you will heal at the end of the battles, and have greater chance to find treasures." (from the original post)

@Cruel01
It looks like it is the point that Hordes will not be able to coordinate their attacks, which is a bit silly, because all it means is that it will be harder, not impossible.
A hozzászólást Sbart módosította 2013.10.10. 17:42:51-kor
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
961 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
7. hozzászólás - 2013.10.10. 17:55:32
ah, thanks, Sbart. i missed that.
everyone's favoritejanyemm
Végzetúr poronty
102 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
8. hozzászólás - 2013.10.11. 07:24:39
Thanks Miklos. I am surely happy you are watching what players like and what do not. I am absolutly sure this new event will be more interesting than old Map event. I think short time before Event is not so big problem as some time for collecting event points or raising map skill is available.
Cooperation will be surely hard=impossible, but next time this event will be running we will probably have merged world, so it will be problem only for this current event. And still ..... most important factor will be luck, as theoretically you can win territory with 5% of your horde attacks and you can lost with 90% of your horde attacks.

Jany
averageTrackur
Végzetúr poronty
177 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
9. hozzászólás - 2013.10.11. 12:04:53
What time today can we start collecting event points? 14:00 just passed and there was no new information. I figured that would be the start time but you might still be working on it.
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
10. hozzászólás - 2013.10.11. 13:46:06
I'm sorry, we have technical difficulties, I hope we can set live the first phase very very soon and you can start collecting event points. I will keep you updated on this.

Communication between hordes: my first idea was too to add a horde tab to the chat interface. However some people pointed out that it is very easy to spy upon another horde. The most convenient way would be that each horde creates a private forum with the leadership of the big clans leaders, they discuss strategy there, and each forwards it to his own clan. If you insist, it might be possible to create the chat thing too but I'm not sure it would serve its purpose. For strategy a forum would be better than a chat.

Does this mean all attacks from all ruby (or whatever horde) players in all 3 worlds will be counted towards the daily totals/percentages?

Yes. This is necessary because there are a few worlds which has lesser population and we wasnt all players have a chance to be involved. Top10 lists will be separate for each world, however.
averageAlexorFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
47 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
11. hozzászólás - 2013.10.11. 14:11:40 (Válasz Miklos #10 hozzászólására.)
During the day you can then collect event points , or only tomorrow?
W1-Alexor
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
12. hozzászólás - 2013.10.11. 14:13:55
You can collect event points from now on.
averageAlexorFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
47 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
13. hozzászólás - 2013.10.11. 14:17:53 (Válasz Miklos #12 hozzászólására.)
Thank you!

Diamonds go for it!
W1-Alexor
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
14. hozzászólás - 2013.10.11. 15:05:45 (Válasz Miklos #10 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Miklos - 2013.10.11. 13:46:06

Communication between hordes: my first idea was too to add a horde tab to the chat interface. However some people pointed out that it is very easy to spy upon another horde. The most convenient way would be that each horde creates a private forum with the leadership of the big clans leaders, they discuss strategy there, and each forwards it to his own clan. If you insist, it might be possible to create the chat thing too but I'm not sure it would serve its purpose. For strategy a forum would be better than a chat.

Miklós,
The problem with your idea is that high level players have random hordes. In my clan, for example, I believe all 4 hordes will be represented in the top 10 at the end of the event. Therefore, I strongly believe the chat should be enabled for the horde across all worlds. Even though you are right about the spying possibility, it's better than nothing.

Thanks,
Cruel.

P.S. I didn't like that only top 2 hordes will have access to diamond medal. Even if I am number one in victories, if my horde finishes third, I will not get it.
much likedMiklosFérfi
Adminisztrátor
1193 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
15. hozzászólás - 2013.10.11. 16:36:15
We will try to add chat.

Yes, I know that is a concern, but there must be a stake otherwise no one will care about tactics and only does the X attacks.

Btw, the 1st in every top10 gets diamond medal whatever his horde's ranking.
averageAlexorFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
47 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
16. hozzászólás - 2013.10.16. 12:24:39 (Válasz Miklos #15 hozzászólására.)
The targets as strong as they were in the Hungarian server is today

not at all I can not win
W1-Alexor
very popularFurlozza
Végzetúr poronty
121 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
17. hozzászólás - 2013.10.16. 12:50:09
Bloke takes a break... and look what happens. New events sprout up

Should have come here first to read about it of course.. but like all wombats, just charged in regardless LOL.

Now I know what the Horde medal is, although dag nab it.... two EPs after just 65 victories per day? Sheeesh *sigh*
The ONLY Wombat on W3
everyone's favoritejanyemm
Végzetúr poronty
102 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
18. hozzászólás - 2013.10.16. 13:22:49
I would like to ask if AA skill Healing Potion Mastery and new relic Vitaliser / gained from exchange for Horde trophies / have COMBINED total effect ?
Because both grants similar effects :

Healing Potion Mastery - Each level increases the efficiency of healing potions by 10% (affects only potions bought for ancient stones).

Vitaliser - Healing potions bought for ancient stones heal twice as much. Your constitution gives 10% more max. HP.

Jany
much likedHatsepsutNő
Adminisztrátor
131 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
19. hozzászólás - 2013.10.16. 17:14:12 (Válasz janyemm #18 hozzászólására.)
Yes, they work together. You receive 110% bonus to healing potions bought for ancient stones.
popularCruel01Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
714 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
20. hozzászólás - 2013.10.16. 19:34:06 (Válasz Alexor #16 hozzászólására.)
This is bullshit!

In this battle you have dealt a total of 18099 damage and have taken 25025 damage.
Your opponent wins the battle and steals 0 soul-energy from you.
You bandage the critical wounds, regeneration starts. You have regenerated 13089 hit points.

What sort of enemies are those???? If you want to sell AS healing potions, it's fine to create enemies that do a little more than the usual 2k-3k damage, but my average has been 12k, with a couple close to 20k. But 25k???? WTF?!?! I don't think I have ever suffered 25k damage in any actual fight. This is ridiculous!!

Cruel.
Oldal: 12345678910
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!