Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Cezann

Oldal: 1
Dátum: 2010.08.20. 02:26:35
Well, I'd be willing to bet you're higher level. It it was balanced for player level, we'd be seeing a more even distribution of player levels in the top slots, but they are all high level, and/or heavy duelists. Only two on either list are below 40th level, so where's the players in levels in the teens or twenties. Why open it to people even lower levels, if the sacrifice of their SE and APs doesn't give them a chance to achieve?

These events should be to spark, new interest in jaded players and encourage people to continue playing, and preferably spend their money on premium memberships and ancient stones. That means event should be fun to everyone and be memorable. Obviously in a text/resource management game you can't give players funny hats or drinking games, but for an event that now seems to be dragging along it seems a waste.

It's interfering with my charging my clan's soul well so it's seriously impeding my fun. How many others can't afford a penalty to finish charging for joining a clan? Even aside from that vague benefits, having an undetermined ending is more frustrating than exciting. Lower level characters can't have the trader skill maxed to help defeat a much higher opponent. They also don't have skills to boost AP generation or SE acquisition as a primary hunter or dueler.

I am envious of you people who have won most or all of your pylon charges, but I am only winning a third of my matches, even with some crash building instead of charging a soul well.

If the devs want to entice more players to start and continue the game, events, especially a long events need tangible benfit for people in the range of level 3 to 30. It's discouraging to see there is no chance of achievement and without wins against the goblins, little chance of relics, ranking on the table, or helping your hoard win. They really could do some simple things to test events to make sure they're balanced. Clone a handful players at every level, duelign heavy, and less aggressive, with a mix of equipment and see how many matches they win out of twenty. I'd wager there are very few wins below 20th level where some of the useful skills are becoming more common, even if not very high ranks. But 15th level players should be able to win too. I suspect these opponents are just clones of people higher in level, which by teh level 20's, means most of those cloned are more dedicated duelists. People less interested in dueling will keep dropping out, I think shown amply by the hugs mass who drop out before level 10.

Asie from testing lower levels against the AI more, my other idea is to reconsider how levels are rated. A duelist who has earned a heap more SE than a hunter, may be officially the same level. But a look at the people in the higher levels show that having heaps more to spend on stats/skills/equipment makes it a very uneven battle. Luck can only do so much. Those points are earned, but someone who's won thousands more duels is not really the same level. I'm not sure how it could be factored in, but even fictional characters like Batman occasionally get slugged by thugs.

Whatever is done something really should be, or some events should be built that lower powered characters can have some fun. I really don't like sitting back twiddling my thumbs until the event is over so I do what is more rewarding.
Dátum: 2010.08.18. 07:24:58
Well, with the high cost of joining a decent clan I've spent almost all the SE for 2 levels and I still haven't been able to fill the soul well. No equipment or way to buy heaps of trader skill either. If you make any unlucky choices in your build or clans, recovery becomes prohibitively expensive. I've only won ONE battle in this and got only a stinking mana potion. Not even useful as I never run out. In duels, my win ratio is about 2:1, so I didn't neglect my own stats.

Even with the mod on SE cost for lower level players, the AP cost makes this worthless. For the SE I spent, I could have hunted and raised a stat or skill, and I won far less than the 50% others here have. Losing that often and costing advancement sure doesn't make for a fun event.
Dátum: 2010.08.17. 04:31:19
Tried several of these battles, and it seems there is little or no benefit for casual players or builders. My opponents ate up the multiple APs and none of the fights were even close. Even if the actual SE spent is reduced the APs aren't. Even a decent luck isn't enough to help win against the AIs this thing generated. I don't have a chance against someone 5 levels higher in regular duels, but the AI is six? This penalizes non-megaduelists or low level even more than the regular game.
Dátum: 2010.08.17. 03:19:27
It's certainly no visible benefit if you are trying to fill a clan's soul well? That really sucks the fun out if you were getting close and now have to wait. Other events had some indication of benefit in in-game descriptions. RPGs let you decide the tradeoffs in different choices, this doesn't.

-- Events should be more fun/rewarding than regular play. Any explanation outside the in-game description isn't as important as keeping your customers happy.
Dátum: 2010.06.23. 04:27:34
Still happening here over duels over the course of hours and multiple days, so it should not be intersecting with backups. It is happening in the 'evening' for this time zone, but I really don't know how users are spread across time zones.

having the duel details be hosed during the backup isn't that bad, if it was corrected when the backups were done. But this lack of detailed results is very frustrating. 4 of my last 6 duels have had the bug, some against higher level foes and some lower.

This is a nasty bug and it would be nice if we could get SOME idea when someone's going to address it...
Dátum: 2010.04.29. 17:36:15
I'm getting tired of questions being called too specialized when they are no more specialized than questions about sports teams of fifty years ago from one country, or a rock group that is not internationally popular and influential like the Beatles. If a question about Drizzt Do'Urden, a D&D character isn't to specialized, or a medusa monster isn't, why is a roc that appears in both middle eastern myth and D&D is too specialized? Disney movies are too specialzed when there are how many Disney parks and movies around the world? Why is a question asking what a strike is in bowling okay, but that three strikes is a turkey is too specialized? An awful lot of questions in the database are not familiar to people, even educated people, in other countries.

Sports questions are very guilty of this, as about a sports team that are not common knowledge in other countres. There are ample questions I could ask for sports in America that I know are not common knowledge in Europe, but there are a lot of questions about sports events and teams that are not known world-wide already in the database. I don't submit NASCAR or baseball questions, but I think an 'obscurity' rule should cover detailed football/soccer questions too.

Having such a large bias in the questions that are unknown to a science and history buff who adores quiz shows is getting very aggravating. My first question was about a quiz show, that has had versions done in 17 countries, so it's not an obscure show. Correctness and grammar are definitely fair objections for questions, but one was bounced that had only one accidentally duplicated letter, so that doesn't count as egregiously bad spelling.

This is definitely damaging my enjoyment of the game when I see so many quiz questions that are very specialized or have more than one error in the database. For a nut who loves trivia, I have to guess because those questions are not common knowledge. And these rules are not uniformly enforced. The questions get repetitive, because the different questions get bounced.
Dátum: 2010.02.18. 16:56:55
My question about a tv show from about was rejected as too specialized, but I've been asked a LOT of questions already that are specific national history like a nickname for a national soccer team of the 1950's. And that must have been acceptable.

People from a different continent are very unlikely to know anything about specific team sports, either, so it doesn't seem very fair to ban one when another is already in the system. I really think, if you want more variation on quiz questions than geography and famous firsts, rejecting should be more consistent.

I would not think of submitting a question about how the Dupont company got started as that is something that isn't known beyond our borders. But I expect if I have to be this careful then questions that specialized for other countries should be as well. But there seems to be no way to challenge an existing question as too specialized.

(My question was about a quiz show, that was famous in its day and has been adapted in over 20 couintries, so a question about the original should be appropriate for a quiz activity.
Oldal: 1