Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Viridel

Dátum: 2010.12.05. 01:24:35
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.12.04. 16:50:59
2 * lvl + 100 * TP

Isn't it

((2*Level)+100)*TP

The formula above doesn't include the skill total in the per-level increase (going by Order of Operations standards).
Dátum: 2010.12.04. 01:59:14
For the equipment sets, it would be nice if Pets were included in that setup. That way, when you set up a "Suicide" kit your pets will go to rest, and with the "Standard" kit, your best come back in.
Dátum: 2010.12.04. 00:48:00
Idézet: Phalanxii - 2010.12.03. 21:00:05
The whole point of things like 1 quiz question = 2 answers is so that it makes the quiz faster. If you purchase the option, you will definitely not suffer. In fact, your overall quiz question success rate should improve, since you have more time to spend on each question so more time to get it right.

If you hunt 100 times, and answer 100 questions, you might get 80/100 right. If you had that acceleration option with the copper key of knowledge, and you hunt 400 time, answering 100 questions, you will still get 80/100 (or more) right.

So, buying this is a comfort function (though I'm not sure on the steep cost of soul diamonds required) makes perfect sense if you're struggling to find the time to play the game (I spend more time answering questions than anything else!)

(Sorry for the off topic conversation)

And I agree - It is definitely a convenient thing. But I repeat my concern that after buying this, a bad quiz question HURTS more than before. Sometimes you can research an answer all you want - but if it's wrong or ambiguous, it's not going to help. That's where the 3/1 thing comes in with the Key relic. If you're right on a quiz question, you get +1 bonus (giving credit for three hunts instead of two). If you get a question wrong, you get a -1 bonus (penalizing for only one hunt instead of two). The relic is designed to give a "2 hunt bonus", but ultimately there is no bonus - anyone playing with Stones can afford the extra few minutes to look up an extra 12 questions (50 Hunts, divided by 2 for Acceleration = 25, halved because of the key is 12.5) once every 3+ hours. And yes, the cost is very high for an item that gives no legitimate in-game benefit.

It should be that this item makes a bad answer hurt less, not more.
Dátum: 2010.12.03. 20:02:36
How tall was Robert Pershing Wadlow, the tallest man in the world according to Guinness?
2,53 m
2,45 m
3,06 m
2,72 m

Can we please add Imperial measurements?
Dátum: 2010.12.01. 23:37:26
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.12.01. 22:41:42
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.12.01. 22:09:45

This makes perfect sense to me. A quest should advance you in the game. There is a lot of stuff in the game where participation is actually a negative (much of it a clear attempt to pull Stones from the user).

Exactly, most of these quests are as subtle as a sledge hammer and the ONLY reason for them is to suck stones out of players, i.e stun quest i just completed which required me to spend stones on a paralysation chip.

If the developers want to force people to spend stones the least they can do is be subtle about it.

They don't need to be subtle... Just give options to get out of things. I'm willing to pay to avoid dealing with crap. But, the option should also be there to put up with crap in order to get out of paying.
Dátum: 2010.12.01. 22:09:45
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.12.01. 17:20:42
firstly pele

im complaining becuase this forum is called General Complaints so that is what im doing. and im not compalaing about a quest that is hard to complete, its actually probably the easiest one to complete at my level but its DUMB and im complaining that it is utterly useless, rather than just suck up to mods try reading what your replying to.

Kethos,

as i understand it quests dont get more valuable based on your level, they go up 300 or so SE everyone cmpleted regardless of level, correct me if i am wrong lol.

Now from what part of my posts does it make you think i dont think Trade is a good skill? are u reading my posts with one eye closed or soemthing? Let me SPELL IT OUT

If the quest was changed to AT LEAST then this quest gives me 2 options,

First option would be just to wait for a level where there is non prem gear 2 levels above me and blow a bunch of SE on tha quest, this may well be the option some players would take, it drains soem resources but unless pateince is the object of the quest then other than pateince and a bit of Se it has ZERO point to it forcing people to buy equip they dont want or need.

Second Option (My option) with wording chage to AT LEAST i can choose to buy gear that i want at a level AT LEAST 2 levels higher, that can compliemnt my player strategy and be gear that i can use. THIS OPTIONS would FORCE ME to INCREASE MY TRADE SKILL CONSIDERABLY (it is already 9 levels higher but to get the gear i want i would need to add more levels. This means not only do i have to spend SE on inc reasing a skill it develops my charcter and giv e sme soemthign that is usuable, it also means i will have to spend MORE SE for the higher level gear and i will also be spending AS on it as it will be prem gear.

This makes perfect sense to me. A quest should advance you in the game. There is a lot of stuff in the game where participation is actually a negative (much of it a clear attempt to pull Stones from the user). Personally, I would like to see the ability to spend your way OUT of a quest implemented. If that had a Stone cost - fine. Obviously, you wouldn't get credit for finishing it, and SE bonus wouldn't escalate. Make it a low-level relic.
Dátum: 2010.12.01. 03:31:07
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.11.30. 22:58:04
What are the metal or plastic sheaths on the end of a shoelace called?
crimp
aglet <- marked as correct
deboney
eyelet

How is this not uninteresting lexical knowledge?

Meh, kinda' interesting... The thing the lace goes thru is an eyelet, so it's something somewhat clever in the English language. Useful - definitely not. Pure trivia - absolutely.
Dátum: 2010.12.01. 03:28:03
Idézet: Phalanxii - 2010.11.30. 23:28:58
^ At least edit it again to shorten the post!

Suggestion: It's a fairly core aspect of the game to interfere with, but killing epic's should contribute a little bit more towards a clan than they do (in terms of direct benefit to the clan). For instance, after every epic monster killed, a clan's soul-well capacity increases by 1k. This makes the epic battles a little more epic, since the 4k SE that goes into the soul-well is less than I can channel from just a normal dimension gate monster (2k * 3 with building = 6k).

A clans strength should be reflected by a number of things, instead of just how much soul-energy they put into building, and I think that the number of epic's killed is a good indicator of the quality of the clan. So if my way won't work, can you make the battles more important some other way? At least making the rewards +10k more SE or something like that.

Viridel likes this

EDIT: In case it doesn't already, when you have a quest to hunt down lesser monsters, can you change it so that the higher the luck, the greater the chance to find lesser monsters? To combat this, when there is a quest to find greater monsters, luck has even more of an effect. It just makes sense that you're luckier to find what you're looking for which is normally big monsters, but not always.

Viridel thinks this makes perfect sense.

Unfortunately, neither are likely to be implemented. Admins don't seem to like tweaking established parts of the game to something that is more logical.
Dátum: 2010.12.01. 03:22:51
Idézet: Hrus - 2010.11.30. 09:05:08
what does exactly mean "doesn't stack with Tower of Power Bonus"?
What does happen when you have Tower of POwer? the relic is nullified? Or the percentage bonuses just adds together (and don't multiply)?

You would get the 10% from the ToP. NO bonus from the 3% artifact. That's what no stacking means. You get the better one - but only one.
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 22:47:30
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.11.30. 22:32:05
Who invented technologies involving mechanics, hydraulics, and mathematics applied to horology, metallurgy, astronomy, agriculture, engineering,...?
Russian (include music theory, craftsmanship, nautics, and warfare)
Chinese (include music theory, craftsmanship, nautics, and warfare) <- marked as correct
American (include music theory, craftsmanship, nautics, and warfare)
Arabic (include music theory, craftsmanship, nautics, and warfare)

I'm sure the Chinese did, but so did the other 3. As to who was the 1st that can be argued from now till the end of the world.

I doubt the Americans were first, considering they didn't exist when these tech's came about
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 22:24:13
This is why that Key relic that gives credit for 4 answers (and punishes for 4 answers) NEEDS to be changed. Taking a penalty of (basically) 40% of a hunt because of wrong stuff in the Quiz is unfair, and just crap. It should credit 3 for a right answer, and only penalize 1 for a wrong one. This is one of those basic logic things that I was talking about earlier - buying a benefit (speed) that actually creates an in-game penalty is absurd.
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 22:20:27
Calabrese is a kind of what?
Vegetable
Vegetable
Vegetable
Vegetable

According to Google - a Watch, handbag, rock band, or Italian region. Nothing about Veggies.
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 22:13:52
Which of the following have not had Moose introduced?
Japan (marked correct)
New Zealand
Scotland
Newfoundland

Now, ignoring for a second that the first three are countries and the last is a Canadian province - Fact is that Moose have never been INTRODUCED to Newfoundland... They were always here! Beyond that, even as a Canadian, and having seen moose... Who cares? Utterly pointless question, that is wrong, with inconsistent answers.
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 20:09:13
What is the only capital in Europe that is not stationed on a river?
Madrid marked correct

The city is located on the river Manzanares
The most ancient recorded name of the city Magerit (for *Materit or *Mageterit ?) comes from the name of a fortress built on the Manzanares River in the 9th century A.D., and means "Place of abundant water."

"place of abundant water"... Could that be because it's build on a freakin' RIVER!?!?! Bloody hell.
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 20:06:06
The world's largest diamond producing country is…
Russia
China
Peru
South Africa (Marked correct)

There are several conflicting reports... Botswana, Congo, South Africa and Russia are all mentioned (raw diamonds, processed diamonds, economy, etc) as "largest". This is also changing rapidly as African infrastructure is developing.
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 19:19:27
Where was the round brimless red hat called a "Fez" created?
Alexandria in northern Egypt.
In the Moroccan city of the same name.
In Bombay India as part of a military uniform.
In the Turkish city of Bursa.

The fez was adopted in 1826 as the universal male headgear in the Ottoman Empire as part of the modernizing reforms of Sultan Mahmud II. Prior to this date, it was worn sporadically in the Maghreb (Northwest Africa) by some units of the Ottoman navy, and by the inhabitants of some Greek islands.
Initially a symbol of Ottoman modernity, the fez soon came to be seen as part of an "Oriental" cultural identity. In Turkey, wearing the fez was legally banned in 1925 as part of the modernizing reforms of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk. The origin of the name is controversial. Some scholars have argued that it originates from Ancient[2] or Byzantine Greece. However, the derivation of the name from Byzantine Greek iskefe (meaning cool) [3] does not hold water. The Turkish word "fes" may refer to the city of Fez in Morocco, or to the name of the crimson berry, which was imported from that country and was used to dye the felt.[2]

How do any of the answers given match the information commonly available?
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 08:44:43
Idézet: Phalanxii - 2010.11.29. 02:11:43
Idézet: trouble - 2010.09.27. 03:30:03
the administrators are not even bothering to reply at the suggestions given by players.

Can I just ask you... how many games have you played where it has been this easy to suggest changes to the game, and how many games have you played where these suggestions and modifications are actually carried out? Insulting the people you're trying to sell an idea to isn't the way I'd go about it, but hey, good luck.

Ok, maybe the changes don't get acted on... but:

a) This game has fewer vocal players than most others
b) We don't (usually) hear ANYTHING from the Administrators, unlike most other games

Most games try to keep their users happy, even in rejecting their ideas, by communicating their reasoning and logistics. The Admin communication in this game is appallingly poor - especially given there are only a few dozen frequent posters providing ideas, not the hundreds or even thousands that most games have.

Also, what makes this game good is its complexity. However, with complexity, come errors and oversights. All we are trying to do is make the game better. The least we could get would be some marginal measure of respect - and we can't even get that.
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 08:33:18
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.11.30. 07:34:48
You are not forced to raise that skill. If you don't want it, then just let it be there at 0. I did the same on HUN W1, and still got 72 pieces so far.

But the game is seriously lacking in logic in too many areas. It's fine to say "but it's your choice" when it comes to a few things... But when this quantity of areas in the game have significant flaws - that's a problem with the choices the Admins are making.
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 08:30:23
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.11.29. 17:22:50
...it just seems soemthing to get players to blow SE or stones on buying the potions

i have my boots, i have my pet equip i dont need diamonds at moment

And note that there has been no response to why Passing a Test, yet failing an Adventure resets the test??? Yeah, it's an obvious Stone grab. Subtle as a punch in the head.
Dátum: 2010.11.30. 08:24:33
How many American Carriers were sunk at Pearl Harbor?
none

Correct answer - none. Isn't this a question that nullifies itself? And therefore should be removed (in addition to being lexical and specific knowledge).