Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Viridel

Dátum: 2010.11.02. 16:53:16
Which film did not feature German actor Bruno Ganz?
Wings of Desire, 1987
Stroszek, 1977
Eternity and a Day, 1998
Downfall, 2004

Really? This is a good question?
Dátum: 2010.11.01. 16:12:12
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.11.01. 10:52:37
IT won't be changed. Sit out the remaining time.

So what are the thoughts regarding the Torture Chamber topic?
Dátum: 2010.10.31. 22:45:11
Yuck. Another bunch of boring crap in the Auction House.

5 days? Really? 5 days is necessary to cycle thru?
Dátum: 2010.10.31. 21:32:42
Idézet: Inv_ - 2010.10.31. 13:02:01
the answer would be BOTH if we could do stuff with dp, just like with ap.

Hunters Challenge with DP.

The answer is that the game is appropriately balanced. Yes, you can have an elite few players in either spectrum that will appear to shift the balance... But ultimately, if you average the top 5% of all Hunters and top 5% of all Duelers, depending on your definition of "Power" - which has a LOT of different meanings in this game - either one is equally successful.

There is no purpose to this poll.
Dátum: 2010.10.30. 18:31:04
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.10.30. 11:37:43
Time for my 5 cent.

First a little background:
On w1 I am one of the strongest players in my level bracket, and can be fairly sure to win any duel, I worked hard for it, always making sure I got maximum SE for as little XP as possible. On w2 I'm a hunter/builder, and can only win over other hunter/builders, I enjoy both. On w1 I enjoy winning duels and gaining SE. On w2 I laugh at the duellers when they get 0 SE for attacking me, not that I get attacked much. I don't have a character on w3.

I don't see the overpowered characters as being a problem in itself, all games reward those that find a way to make the most of it, and that is just as it should be, or the game would very quickly become dull.

I do however see a few "problems" with the balance between duelling and hunting. As I see it the ideal would be that the strongest player would be the player that made the most of all his/her resources, not just the duelling points. (No I do NOT suggest the current worlds be "rebalanced")

If you are a dueller, you have action points wasting away while if you are a hunter you gain nothing from using your duel points, other than the occasional quest, and getting your HP to 1, so that you can hunt without fear for being attacked and loosing your SE. (I haven't gotten to the point where I can do adventures so no idea how they influence the game)

This is a miss for the reason you hinted at. DPs are VERY important for Skill-Heavy Builders, as they would not be able to effectively complete Adventures without doing Challenges.
Dátum: 2010.10.30. 18:28:08
Idézet: dark22 - 2010.10.30. 17:12:23
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.10.30. 14:50:43

@ Viridel
No need for HH:MM:SS counter, server resets at 4 am game time, so time remaining is always the same.

Also there is no "Free" gain from TC as you have to duel and win a fight to gain something (by that logic normal SE gain from duel is "free" as well, someone had to do the work while you simply took it:)).

The timer would still be convenient for the 98% of the players not active on the Forum.

And yes, it is "free", since it's ultimately up to the TC'd person whether to give you anything or not. They can choose not to hunt or duel. And yes, you do have to earn a win in a Duel. But you already get the chance to loot SE from that. The TC is truly nothing more than a bonus - free SE.
Dátum: 2010.10.30. 02:37:22
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.10.29. 21:55:00
I don't see why it is so difficult to keep track of who you put in and when you are in yourself. It sounds to me that you are asking the programmers to do more work because you're to lazy to read your battle reports.

Yup. Pretty much. I want that information one click away. Not click, scroll, read, back, click, scroll, read, back, click, scroll, read, back, click, scroll, read, back, click, scroll, read, back, click, scroll, read, back... And that's just 6 battles, by the way... How many battles does the average player wake up to overnight? Seems like a LOT of clicking, doesn't it? Or, just have it part of a TC Tab, or on the character profile, and one or two clicks - done.

Actually, it would reduce server strain, as people wouldn't need to display all the battles every time.

As for listing how much each person gave you, it seems to take some of the skill out of the game. If you want simple click games there are several out there. I like the thought and strategy in this one.

Why does it take the skill out? The data is already there, in the recommendation section. It just doesn't make sense to keep it there if there is a Torture Tab already built - which there should be, as having that data (who's TC'd you, who you've TC'd, and the profits) in completely separate areas of the game is illogical.
Dátum: 2010.10.29. 20:33:53
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.10.29. 19:54:00
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.10.29. 18:37:06
I don't want to have to check every battle, and calculate when it happened to see if I'm still in the TC, I want to look at my character sheet, and have it show
The following players have dragged you to the Torture Chamber for HH:MM:SS longer:

I'd like the flip side - a page where I can see who it was that I dragged into the TC for that larger-than-usual reward. Maybe they could put both on the same page. Right now, the Torture Chamber text up at the top doesn't link to anything, so that would be a convenient place to put the link to this new page.

Alternatively, the Recommendations page text could include the list of who I had in the TC, along with the total amount. I suppose you could put Viridel's text there on that page, too, though that seems a little odd, since he wants current info, and the rest of it is historical data.

Done deal. A dedicated page that already exists, but is not being used. It shows the following

Torture Chamber resets in HH:MM:SS

You have dragged the following players into the Torture Chamber:

The following players have dragged you to the Torture Chamber:

10/27 - You collected a bonus of 5000 SE from Viridel
10/27 - Dakaan collected a bonus of 6000 SE from you
10/26 - You collected a bonus of 100 SE from Viridel
10/26 - Dakaan collected a bonus of 3000 SE from you
Etc.
Dátum: 2010.10.29. 18:37:06
Idézet: dark22 - 2010.10.29. 04:33:06
I don't know why people make such a fuzz about being in TC:)
If you are dragged into one it clearly states so in the last lane of your fight. So if you really wanna know just check your previous battles.
Cursing on the other hand is an event, it is clearly a sign that you will be in a fun zone soon:D

The point is that someone else is gaining a "free" benefit on your work. So, if you know you're in the TC, maybe you won't do that massive hunt before the server resets. Maybe you'll know to power up and attack them back.

I don't want to have to check every battle, and calculate when it happened to see if I'm still in the TC, I want to look at my character sheet, and have it show
The following players have dragged you to the Torture Chamber for HH:MM:SS longer:

No, it doesn't need to be an Event. But I DO want that information available in a single look.
Dátum: 2010.10.28. 17:14:06
Idézet: Kyril - 2010.10.28. 10:30:11
you really should improve your reading skills

6. Kyril 30 Emerald Careless Conjurers 607 296 1.2M

I duell a lot and I'm under the Top 10 duellers in high score. I now have stored 800 aps and my 4th championship medal is very soon coming. I know what I'm talking about. What I'm now doing is milking cows but no hard work. I'm hardly being attacked by others, even though I have no god skilled char. MsPiggy has a god skilled char. Nobody will fight her because you know you can not win. She can carry a million SE with her without having a risk to loose something. That's the whole truth.

It's the fact that I want to face a challenge in the game. I'm not an adult with an undeserved sense of superiority.

Dude - Enough. You are the only person here who thinks you are right. So you're officially just wasting everyone elses time.
Dátum: 2010.10.26. 23:27:32
Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2010.10.26. 08:45:23
Here we go again! I thought this had been cleared up once and for all but:

The IIHF is the international association for what sport?

Basketball
Baseball
Hockey
Football/Soccer

The correct answer is ICE hockey. The clue is in the title of the federation that runs it!!! What do you think the second 'I' stands for?

Which is why you CAN'T have "Ice" in the answers - it would completely defeat the purpose of the question.
Dátum: 2010.10.25. 19:13:26
Idézet: Inv_ - 2010.10.25. 05:45:21
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.10.25. 01:31:20
From the Redundant Department of Redundancy:

I'm disappointed nobody has commented on my "Redundant Department of Redundancy" part yet - one of my favorite sayings for bureaucratic nonsense that pisses me off.

sowwy, i'll try to publicly lol from now on

If you LOL in your basement, and nobody can hear you, did you still LOL?
Dátum: 2010.10.25. 01:31:20
Idézet: Inv_ - 2010.10.24. 19:56:34
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.10.24. 19:14:19

You can use magical healing in 7:00:36 time.
(With mind boost, in 7:00:36 time)

if you don't have max skill the 2 timers are not the same. it would require an extra test to exclude the 2nd one. not really a bug.

Oh, I get that (do you think I leveled up 50 MagicRegen in one shot ). But since there is no differential between L50 and Max w/ Regen, the second portion should be removed. True it's not a "bug", but it should be repaired nonetheless.

I'm disappointed nobody has commented on my "Redundant Department of Redundancy" part yet - one of my favorite sayings for bureaucratic nonsense that pisses me off.
Dátum: 2010.10.24. 19:14:19

You can use magical healing in 7:00:36 time.
(With mind boost, in 7:00:36 time)
Dátum: 2010.10.23. 19:28:46
What was the name of the first pinball machine that had flippers?
Livepower
Vagabond
Humpty Dumpty
Balls-A-Poppin

Notes: Flippers were already used on many games prior to 1947, but they were non-electrical, "manually-operated" bats used on baseball games, one to a playfield. 'Humpty Dumpty' is the first pinball machine manufactured with flippers that were electromechanical. According to the book Pinball 1, David Gottlieb wanted to name this game 'Flipper' but a legal check found a patented countertop game that had a manual bat, Smith Manufacturing Company's 1932 'Flipper'.

At best, ambiguous. At worst, completely wrong.
Dátum: 2010.10.23. 04:22:13
Xinticeen, the noomak queen (Level 71) 25.033 / 41.500 HP
Attack!

In this battle you have dealt a total of 1196 damage

Xinticeen, the noomak queen (Level 71) 24.460 / 41.500 HP
Attack!

In this battle you have dealt a total of 1528 damage

Xinticeen, the noomak queen (Level 71) 23.555 / 41.500 HP
Attack!

That's some crazy-assed Regeneration taking place within a few milliseconds!
Dátum: 2010.10.21. 17:01:47
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.21. 08:21:06
Hmm.. it is limited. I think you can only get max the 25% of the SE that is on you. Also the transcendal projection's hidden SE doesn't count. Maybe the opponent had no SE on.

Ok, I didn't realize that TransProj counted in this case... Makes sense though. Thx.
Dátum: 2010.10.21. 06:26:07
Idézet: Kethios - 2010.10.21. 05:00:44
I will try and make a complete list in a new topic like this with the currently known epic items. I can only write down the HUN items so differences may appear.

Well, I've already selected my item (used the Loquatious site for help)... So it doesn't do much for me. But for the other hundreds of users (most of whom don't use the forum), adding images would probably be an asset to go into the next "patching".
Dátum: 2010.10.21. 06:22:02
Soul Drain (+7%) worked for my first 3 battles, exactly as it should. On my 4th (10% fatigue), in spite of a hit on every attack, I didn't steal any SE. There was no apparent relic that would block this, all four hits were against Emerald (nothing personal guys, but according to my Skill, I Hate you )

Does Soul Drain not work when you're fatigued?
Dátum: 2010.10.21. 03:37:17
For Entity Rewards, it would be great to have a picture of the item, just to help see if it's a Ring, Necklace, Gem or "other". Granted, a lot of them are obvious, but ones like the following:
Emerald Huckster
Constructor
Heart of Forest
Bloodsucker
etc.

There's really no way to tell what it is beforehand.