Pontszám: 5
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: General complaint
302. hozzászólás - 2010.10.24. 20:19:15
That would be correct thing to do.
If you can't out run that player connect yourself with similar lvl players who are bullied by that spider and likes and attack him daily with no SE. Result is ton of unwanted XP for that player and spider hate nothing more than free XP and random:) The tactic is bit gay-ish but we work with cards we have, right?
Pontszám: 7.50
irritatingInv_
Végzetúr poronty
189 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
303. hozzászólás - 2010.10.24. 20:37:04 (Válasz Kyril #299 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kyril - 2010.10.24. 10:00:26
I play in world 2 and there is a player that reaches nearly god status, which means he/she is out of reach of counter actions. Nobody can beat him/her. He/she is almost invincible.

Don't get me wrong, but imo your game mechanism really has a problem if this can happen.

by this logic if a player has a lot of skills and has good hunts, his skills should be set to 0 cause he's doing better than the average, right? or if someone built a lot, he has high luck so he gets more dg items/better hunts/better "random" in duels. set his luck to 0, that will teach him
If you mod me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine
Pontszám: 4.67
averageKyrilFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
304. hozzászólás - 2010.10.25. 04:25:22
A game where players become invincible has a serious problem. Teasing them with senseless attacks is no answer to this problem. This Player can easily take 2 levels and would still be invincible.
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
305. hozzászólás - 2010.10.25. 15:46:58 (Válasz Kyril #304 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kyril - 2010.10.25. 04:25:22
A game where players become invincible has a serious problem. Teasing them with senseless attacks is no answer to this problem. This Player can easily take 2 levels and would still be invincible.

A) You knew going in that nothing we could say was going to make this player any less invincible. Giving them empty XP may not be very satisfying, but you take what you can get.

B) Don't you think that the cows you milk feel roughly the same about you?

C) It's not an issue if you just make sure you're always safe (i.e. low HP) while you're hunting, and you spend your SE before you come out of safety.
averageBoar
Végzetúr poronty
154 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
306. hozzászólás - 2010.10.25. 16:26:00 (Válasz Kyril #304 hozzászólására.)
Dont waste your breath on this kind of geeks. The GM-s are not going to do anything with them. This kind of player is a well paying costumer, so they are untouchable. On the hungarian servers there are many of those animals(in my opinion), who are ruining the others game and laughing on it.

The only thing,what you can do with them, is to pump them with XP,to ruin their SE/XP average(this is their weakness). This is a hard work, but it worth it! When you gain citadell strike for your job and angry letters from the XXXhead,you will know you are on the good way. But it needs cooperated work of multiple players,to achieve anything.And works only for a short period: On the HUN servers, some oppressed small characters cooperated and used this method. The "almighty" spider-geeks started crying on the forum, and finally THEY GAINED A NEW ITEM IN THE SHOP,WHICH CAN COUNTER THE EFFECT OF THE ONLY USEFUL METHOD,SIMPLE PLAYERS HAD AGAINST THEM. So the little ones are _______, hail to the others...

Final conclusion: you have no chance against him/her and will never be. Nothing can help you.No one cares about the average players here.
A hozzászólást Kethios módosította 2010.10.25. 17:56:08-kor
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
307. hozzászólás - 2010.10.25. 17:58:45
Let's not get into the cursing, okay? Every game has some über players that can't be beaten by others. I'm kinda strong on my level. Am I the same kind? Do I get cursed only because I know how to build a character or I have premium equipment?

The super strong spiders can easily be countered. Advance levels fast. They never hunt so you can be 5 levels higher in days.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
averageMsPiggy
Végzetúr poronty
77 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
308. hozzászólás - 2010.10.25. 18:32:06
I debated whether or not to answer to this topic since Little Jon and others already summed up nicely just about what I'd like to say. But I'm a talkative piggy, so here goes nothing...

Regarding spiders:
Doomlord is a very diverse game with lots of options for your character development, one of them being the spider. I understand that to their targets, they are just a pest, but PvP is also part of the game. I have yet to meet a game with PvP aspects where the strong don't prey on the weak. They reap benefits, in this case SE, so they will attack you as much as possible to get stronger than their competition.
There is however one great benefit you have when dealing with these people! Since you know what they're after, you can just deny them their gains. If you stop feeding them, they will leave you alone and look for juicier prey;)
As you don't leave food near your campsite in bear territory, you also shouldn't leave SE on you with spiders around.

Regarding Kyril's original complaint:
Too be honest I find your complaint slightly hilarious...
There will always be those who end up on top. Better tactics, early start, investing real $, profitable duelling, all can give you an edge on the competition. I don't think the game is to blame, any game will reward those with the best tactics and/or highest investments. I'm just grateful that doomlord doesn't automatically allow the biggest spender to be first. It actually matters which tactics you apply in order to get ahead of the rest.
Some started out by maxing their hunting skills. They were weak for a while but are now dominating the highscores. Spiders have a different tactic to reach the top of their level, but it's basically the same thing.
If you really hate playing like this, which I doubt judging by your own SE+, you can always play on server 3. With almost no battle gains, spiders shouldn't have a life there...
Pontszám: 8.33
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
309. hozzászólás - 2010.10.25. 18:32:50
I m strong believer that every game problem has its solution, in this case as Kethios mentioned simply outrun the spider and thats it. To be invincible you have to lvl up rarely/never so it shouldn't be a problem. _Inv said it right, I feel this is just crying from sour loser. I mean no player that got to the place where he is invincible has done it by attacking no SE players. If you are getting attack frequently its most likely because you are too lazy to protect your SE.

And Boar I read somewhere that you too are spider on some world, so I don't get why are you unsatisfied, you know the drill and how it works. If you are getting milked and stay in range for one spider for long-er time with hunting/mixed character you are doing something wrong
averageKyrilFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
310. hozzászólás - 2010.10.25. 18:51:08
I think, I can say I'm one of the well paying customers of this game. So far I think AS just give me better equipment and a slightly better configuration in game play, but not an outstanding advantage to other players.

I'm very disappointed. I thought that game is different to others, but I must have been mistaken.

The current rank list in acquired SE difference is totaly insane. There is no Balance at all:

1. MsPiggy 35 Diamond Homless Beauties And Dorks 977 843 6M
2. Ciphas 39 Emerald Vortex 790 443 2.3M
3. Doubleh 34 Diamond Homless Beauties And Dorks 706 397 1.5M
4. Foenix 27 Diamond Gravediggaz 534 183 1.4M
5. Maintzunun 35 Diamond Homless Beauties And Dorks 703 496 1.4M
6. Kyril 30 Emerald Careless Conjurers 607 296 1.2M
7. Little Jon 38 Emerald GuGu 737 541 1.1M
8. Solness 24 Diamond Diamond's Pride 515 291 956.4k
9. RedGugu 34 Emerald GuGu 615 358 848.7k
10. Dezumak 38 Diamond Homless Beauties And Dorks 699 457 833.4k
A hozzászólást Kyril módosította 2010.10.25. 18:53:24-kor
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
311. hozzászólás - 2010.10.25. 19:29:02
I don't understand. Lets say my english is not good enough, and now tell us exactly what is the problem with that picture?

Ok so let me reprase... All those SE you see was somebodys else before they took it. Now check the folowilg stats. (same world)

Dark22 - level 21 Doomlord
Victory: Defeat:
Against the Emerald Horde 34 99
Against the Sapphire Horde 8 41
Against the Diamond Horde 19 63
Total: 61 203

Looted soul-energy: 1.412
Lost soul-energy: 474

The bolded underlined part is making my point. At this stage of my character development I can't really kill an ant not to mention other doomlords but my SE difference is positive. And that is the reason why there is not 2000 lost duels but only 200.
Real player looks at my character sheet and knows that he is getting free XP and no SE. Mixed ones try to drag me to torture chamber but after few times they see that that gains them 0 SE as well. End result is no attacks on me, but even if I get 300 of them it hardly matters to me.

So again which part of this do you not understand? Michal Shumacher is gay because he dominated F1, Michael Jordan was a prick because he dominated basketball world...etc. What you do is not complaining, its crying.. There is a difference between those two
hatedpetel87
Végzetúr poronty
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
312. hozzászólás - 2010.10.25. 21:51:15
Whoever is complaining about "invicible" characters is a little bit insane and a little bit too frustrated. I will show this aspect basing on my own experience. I have never ever put a penny into the game and I started rather late comparing to some other players. I enjoy every aspect of the game and I have a balanced character (dueling and hunting are both very useful for me). Despite of that I can find myslef in top 50 of acquired SE difference in world 1 and when I was playing on world 2 I was always in top 10, much higher than MissPiggy that time. This is all because I constantly learn how to play this game and other more expecienced players are often advicing me what to do (thanks Boar).
My conclusion is that if you know how to play the game you will be able to avoid spider characters and at the same time become a strong threatened player. So, excuse me, but anyone who is complaining about Kalamona, One Eyed Jack, Arthur The Dumpling or Little Angel from world 1 should rather think of their strategy. There is nothing easier than just gain few levels and these strong spider characters will just leave you alone.
I do not play in world 2 anymore but I can clearly say that +6 million of SE difference that MsPiggy achieved is not a cheat but a matter of excellent strategy, so anyone who is about to complaint should really congratulate her.
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
313. hozzászólás - 2010.10.27. 11:21:19 (Válasz petel87 #312 hozzászólására.)
About spiders.

I had a spider character in my category in the last champs. One eyed Jack - my clan member. He defeated me in the last round and got the champion medal. What did I do? I already passed 3 levels and will nominate in another category and try my luck.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
averageKyrilFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
314. hozzászólás - 2010.10.28. 00:45:05
I stick to it: It's no challenge when you know you win every fight you initiate. It's no challenge when you know you win every championship because you are out of reach for other players in your class.

It would be different when attack limits are depending on how strong (abbillities+skills) your char is not which level it is. The way it is now it's just bashing weaker players. I wouldn't call this tactic or strategy.
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
315. hozzászólás - 2010.10.28. 03:38:56
You just don't get it do you? You think Miss Piggy woke one day and had uber character? ITS HARD TO BE A GOOD SPIDER! It takes time to make it work, and sometimes, as Kethios said, even if you do everything right, you can just luck out and there will be another player even better than you.

Think about how easy it is when you go to catacombs when someone stronger bullies you, or when you go under 15% to hunt... They don't have that luxury, they always have to keep their SE on them, while open to players 5+ lvl of their own to take it from them, they have to optimize their XP rate, need to watch lists closely to avoid attacking 80% of normal players that knows the basics and hide their SE and give up empty XP, they have to scry opponents to check just the right time to attack, and they have to be STRONGER than any other spider on their lvl range.

You, on the other hand, you just need to click hunt button and then come on forums to complain how hard it is to beat player that have met the requirements I wrote above.
Pontszám: 5.33
averageKyrilFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
316. hozzászólás - 2010.10.28. 10:30:11
you really should improve your reading skills

I duell a lot and I'm under the Top 10 duellers in high score. I now have stored 800 aps and my 4th championship medal is very soon coming. I know what I'm talking about. What I'm now doing is milking cows but no hard work. I'm hardly being attacked by others, even though I have no god skilled char. MsPiggy has a god skilled char. Nobody will fight her because you know you can not win. She can carry a million SE with her without having a risk to loose something. That's the whole truth.

It's the fact that I want to face a challenge in the game. I'm not an adult with an undeserved sense of superiority.
A hozzászólást Kyril módosította 2010.10.28. 10:48:20-kor
Pontszám: 4.67
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
317. hozzászólás - 2010.10.28. 17:14:06 (Válasz Kyril #316 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kyril - 2010.10.28. 10:30:11

I duell a lot and I'm under the Top 10 duellers in high score. I now have stored 800 aps and my 4th championship medal is very soon coming. I know what I'm talking about. What I'm now doing is milking cows but no hard work. I'm hardly being attacked by others, even though I have no god skilled char. MsPiggy has a god skilled char. Nobody will fight her because you know you can not win. She can carry a million SE with her without having a risk to loose something. That's the whole truth.

It's the fact that I want to face a challenge in the game. I'm not an adult with an undeserved sense of superiority.

Dude - Enough. You are the only person here who thinks you are right. So you're officially just wasting everyone elses time.
Pontszám: 3
likeddark22Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
247 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
318. hozzászólás - 2010.10.28. 22:17:53 (Válasz Kyril #316 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kyril - 2010.10.28. 10:30:11

My apologies, I just read the first few names on top list:)
While I understand from where is your logic coming from I don't understand on what are you complaining (Again:)) about.
On one hand you are complaining about lack of comprtition and challenges, but on other hand you have few good spiders just above your lvl (if you re not in MsPiggy range you will be shortly) you complain about the impossibility of defeating some players ( too much of a challenge for you?).
I really don't have anything against you or your posts, but you have to decide which problem is bothering you; too big of a challenge or lack of it. And all you did was complain, perhaps if you had a suggestion or something how to get the "imbalance" fixed people would listen.

Due to my line of work I have lot of extra on-line time and play quite a few browser games, and in each of them people that are good are on top and nearly untouchable, or have some weird strategy that works for them and makes them untouchable. If anything this game deals with it better that other games because of diversity of top lists and strategies one can implement (top builder, highest lvl, highest skill, top dueler, biggest SE gained etc.), and it is almost impossible to be the best in all the categories, while in other games top spots are usually reserved for same few players in all categories.

tl;dr- what is the problem and how do you suggest we deal with it?
averageKyrilFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
319. hozzászólás - 2010.10.29. 11:17:41
The solution could be simple: attack limits should be set by the strength of a player and not the level. E.g. add abillities and skills and give an attack range of -+ 25% to this value. This way players still can shoot up the sky, but the sky is their attack range, Although it would be much harder to come so far.
Never the less in extremes this could lead to: Number 1 is stronger than the rest + 25% -> he will have no target -> means that he is forced to switch tactics -> slower progress -> field closes up -> challenge starting again

That's just a possible solution to prevent "god status" in games. Invincibility is the thing I'm complaining about not tactics!
irritatingInv_
Végzetúr poronty
189 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
320. hozzászólás - 2010.10.29. 15:11:55 (Válasz Kyril #319 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Kyril - 2010.10.29. 11:17:41
The solution could be simple: attack limits should be set by the strength of a player and not the level. E.g. add abillities and skills and give an attack range of -+ 25% to this value. This way players still can shoot up the sky, but the sky is their attack range, Although it would be much harder to come so far.
Never the less in extremes this could lead to: Number 1 is stronger than the rest + 25% -> he will have no target -> means that he is forced to switch tactics -> slower progress -> field closes up -> challenge starting again

That's just a possible solution to prevent "god status" in games. Invincibility is the thing I'm complaining about not tactics!

since this "invincibility" is a result of good tactics, you're suggesting good players should dumb down to let the others compete? wth?!
If you mod me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!