Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - stekkos

Dátum: 2010.09.24. 19:44:37
Martin, it is agreed only national capitals will be acepted so it is ok without specifying. Btw, good comments on the wise men and that aquarious one. Very few people know that there were not 3 wise men, but rather an unknown number since the Bible does not say
Dátum: 2010.09.24. 10:38:07
Because there are tens of thousands of questions in the database, it is impossible to see them all. The druss question i actually saw it, the other 2 did not but other evaluators probably did.
Dátum: 2010.09.23. 12:06:24
What is the second largest island in the Caribbean?

I gave the alraeady in database to save the question. Largest X in whatever is ok. Second, third etc is generally not accepted, i am sorry
Dátum: 2010.09.22. 11:03:47
What is the ratio between the area of a circle and the area of the square circumscribed in it?

Its a bit too into mathematic theory to be regarded as general trivia
Dátum: 2010.09.22. 04:11:45
You find him at legend chapter 48
Dátum: 2010.09.21. 19:20:50
I just want to verify its good also, thats very weird... I am also messaging the quiz admin and no reply for days now. Something is up on cloud number 9
Dátum: 2010.09.20. 04:19:53
Math questions means what is 3/4+2(4-5)=?

Asking about PI which is one of the most known math constants is math trivia, not a math question. I can see how it could confuse, thank you for bringing it up
Dátum: 2010.09.18. 05:24:23
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.09.17. 16:34:28
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.09.17. 10:06:13
Jon, you really feel that tis question can be accepted as general knowleadge? Even the word cultivar can become a question all on its own

Seriously now, it is a nice question but since googlability has not become a factor, it is a question only people dealing with the subject will know. And kale, broccoli, and cabbage might be in the same plant group, but is not a general known fact.

Yes, it really is. There are millions of people out there who know that fact. Any gardening book with a section on companion planting mentions the fact that kale, broccoli, and cabbage (along with kohlrabi, cauliflower, and one or two others) are all the same plant. I've seen it mentioned in several cookbooks, too. This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. It's a subject that you personally don't know about, so you just assume that it's not general knowledge. That's just human nature, and we need to stop pretending that that's not what happens. Perhaps there's not a very big overlap between players of DL and vegetable gardeners, but I doubt there's many native Burundians playing DL, and I just got a question on the currency of Burundi. I admit I put in some technical jargon in the question, but a) I did that to make it easier to answer via Google, and b) the intent of the question was perfectly clear by looking at the answers, even if you didn't know the word "cultivar" or the species name.

The word cultivar is not the issue here, it was just a joke.

I never say that something is not general knowleadge because i do not know it. I said that because it is not something people know about, unless they deal with the subject. Any gardening book mentions it, but why do you take for granded people IN GENERAL read gardening books? Also the wording of the question does make the question harder to understand, and i do not mean by me. I get it perfectly even if i would have to search for the answer. I am asking my self: "If i walk down the street and start asking this question how many would know what i am talking about (let alone answer)? comingfromothergamess suggestion actually is very good, that way the question is clear and simple for even a complete plant illiterate person.
Dátum: 2010.09.17. 14:05:25
The evaluator said ambiguous, so its not a matter of too easy. There is a different evaluation for those. Unfortunately only the person that got your question can answer why he gave that evaluation.
Dátum: 2010.09.17. 11:58:21
The first widely accepted report of the discovery of an extra-solar planet occurred in...?

Space the answer at least 2-3 years between them
Dátum: 2010.09.17. 11:54:21
Spin you admit that most of the times a doctor gives a perscription he says take 1 now. Even if it is not so, the question does imply how long from the moment the first pill is taken. There is no reason to play around with the wording. I agree it can be interpreded as how long do i have the pills in my possesion until i had the last one. Since this explanation is unanswerable (no one can know how long i was carrying around the pills before i take them) what the patient does is not a factor. The doctor said: take 1 every half hour. The patient starts taking the pills ANYTIME. If he follows the doctors orders, the last pill will be consumed 1 hour after the first.
Well i will ask the boss, see what she has to say
Dátum: 2010.09.17. 10:08:18
It happened to me a few months back. No real reason given, either it ws a game glitch, bad luck or they did change something and then fixed it again....
Dátum: 2010.09.17. 10:06:13
Jon, you really feel that tis question can be accepted as general knowleadge? Even the word cultivar can become a question all on its own

Seriously now, it is a nice question but since googlability has not become a factor, it is a question only people dealing with the subject will know. And kale, broccoli, and cabbage might be in the same plant group, but is not a general known fact.
Dátum: 2010.09.15. 14:07:56
What is the minimum wage in the uk of people above 22?

Needs a year
Dátum: 2010.09.15. 14:03:52
The character of "Duncan Idaho" is from what grat SF novel?

great
Dátum: 2010.09.15. 03:57:15
POST DELETED.

What do you mean you can still see it! I deleted it i tell you!

He did.. I tell ya! - Keth
Dátum: 2010.09.15. 03:57:07
FYI, luck is a great stat to increase for many rasons. If you havent read its description, read it. You will get more motivated to increase it for sure
Dátum: 2010.09.14. 19:33:58
The only factor in dimension gate is luck. If your luck (and i mean the ability in game, not the real world luck) is low you will need a lot of fights to get items. Example: When my luck was 60-70 i used to get 1-2 per 12 gate wins. Now is at 190 almost and i get 4-5 per 12 wins. Just to get some idea comparing your luck with this.
Dátum: 2010.09.14. 09:14:18
Only the fact that one player finds info suggesting 2007 and your info say 2008 shows why is not a good question. The financial crisis can be debated to the level of "was it real or is it a global conspiracy?" So for sure it can be debated as to when and what actually started it. I do not support a specific point of view here, just showing why it cannot be accepted as a question.