Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Dancer

Oldal: 12345678910
Dátum: 2012.12.08. 07:05:28
Temple of Doom.
Use 5 potions you bough for aincent stones!

Just out of interest, why do all the tasks end in exclamation marks?
Dátum: 2012.12.08. 06:56:32
This in a hunt summary....................."This time your prey is a(n) tiny mammothgiant."

Firstly, isnt it time to do away with the a(n)? I have not seen one time where "a" would not suffice. And in most of the cases here "an" is simply incorrect.
Secondly, Is mammothgiant meant to be all one word?
Also, while the monster names are made up, shouldn't it be "Giant mammoth"? A mammoth giant would be a giant of mammoth size.
Dátum: 2012.12.08. 05:16:22
Idézet: manunkind - 2012.11.09. 05:47:56
"What number is opposite 2 on a standard dice?"

dice is a plural word.
solution: either change 'dice' to 'die' or remove 'a'.

there are dice of with varying numbers of sides (4,6,8,10,12,20,100, etc), and this impacts what number is opposite the 2.
solution: add 'six-sided' after 'standard'.

suggestion: "What number is opposite 2 on standard six-sided dice?"

Hi Manunkind,
Of course you are totally correct about die and dice, and as stated ( Which I fondly remember from my D&D youth!) there are many different sided versions, but isnt stating " On a standard dice" (sic) enough?
Dátum: 2012.12.08. 04:51:42
Idézet: Bartessica Slam - 2012.12.07. 07:12:30
Hi Dancer,

with all respect (and the question is not mine, for the order) but in my knowledge; an answer "America" is not the same as "USA". And "America" (=N+S) still is seen as a continent; right?
Or... was the answer USA? Because than indeed it should be corrected.

It would be "just the same" as asking the location of eg. France ... A.: in Europe. No?

Regards,
E.

Hi E,
After researching a little bit, it seems that the discussion of America (both N and S) being a single continent, depends on where you live and the education system of your country (!!!).
But the generally accepted convention, which the both the Americans and Chileans adhere to, (and the question is after all about Chile), is that there are 7 continents. With North and South America counting as 2 separate continents.
Dátum: 2012.12.07. 05:35:59
Not posted for a while, and am seeing so many mistakes lately, in game as well as the quiz, that I don't have the time, or inclination to do some one else's job.

But couldn't let this pass.

Q-Where is Chile?

Answer given America.

Since when?
Dátum: 2012.12.05. 21:18:46
Dátum: 2012.12.05. 20:45:36
Idézet: Miklos - 2012.12.05. 17:12:57

Idézet: Dancer - 2012.12.05. 02:59:02
Im glad our airplane manufacturers dont have the same mentality, !!!!

And I wish making free online games would be as profitable as manufacturing airplanes

Maybe I am just jealous that in all of the jobs ive had providing services to the public, there was always accountability to the customers, and a desire to do the best job possible.
But, Why are you ignoring the fact that people do pay for this game? and doing so, are entitled to expect some degree of professionalism and not to be treated as guinea pigs.
I,ve posted before when previous events were extended with no notice, have posted no end of bad spelling/phrasing and translations both in game and in the quiz section, always with a view to creating a better more coherent experience for other players, Now I just leave the mis-spellings and "quirky" sentences that just sound like gibberish, as they seem to be becoming more frequent. Have been a committed player for about 2 years now, and wanted to help polish the game to help enhance the whole experience for players old and new.
But I will take your point on board from now on................and play it as you say it is..............as a free game.
Dátum: 2012.12.05. 02:59:02
Idézet: Miklos - 2012.12.04. 12:10:29

We did a LOT of testing of the event, but of course it is never the same when hundreds of players do it.

Im glad our airplane manufacturers dont have the same mentality, !!!!
Dátum: 2012.12.05. 02:52:40
An event scheduled to run for 3 weeks, finished by more than 1 person in 3 days.............prizes not given out, new equipment not working...........sad to say, but this is becoming pretty much par for the course.
Recently given up helping to point out and correct all the in game spelling errors and incorrect quiz questions.
Sad to say it is only habit that keeps me returning.
And its becoming a habit to be disappointed.
Dátum: 2012.12.02. 00:42:26
Not sure if this is a bug, or intentional.
I bought the equipment lease- Ancient stone cost of pet equipment is halved.

But when i Just bought Enchanted pet food, I was charged the full 8 A.s for it. As this is equipment to be used for my pets, I foolishly believed it would be covered, but obviously not.

Maybe we should be told in advance?
I feel cheated.
Dátum: 2012.11.22. 19:48:26
Looks like the "Package of Dread" has sold out already on W2.
Didn't even see it in the soul huckster!!!!
Dátum: 2012.11.05. 01:25:08
Who wrote the scholastic series 'Deltora Quest' and its sequel series's?

series, is correct.
Dátum: 2012.10.23. 23:20:43
If I think it is a bug, then i will post it here.
Isnt it better to let the Mod's do their own job?
Dátum: 2012.10.23. 11:45:25
Idézet: Dancer - 2012.10.21. 23:13:46
Auction House Bug...............There is a sapphire ring for auction.
End of auction:
10.23.2012 16:08:37

There is a bid on it of 10 ducats which seems low for an item that gives 4% off improving skill costs. But there is no option to bid on it!!!

the bid is now 20 and im still unable to bid on it !!!!!
Dátum: 2012.10.23. 11:44:56
Idézet: Dancer - 2012.10.21. 23:13:46
End of auction:

There is a bid on it of 10 ducats which seems low for an item that gives 4% off improving skill costs. But there is no option to bid on it!!!

Auction has been extended till
End of auction:
Today, 16:08:37....
the bid is now 20 and im still unable to bid on it !!!!!
Dátum: 2012.10.21. 23:13:46
End of auction:

Dátum: 2012.10.12. 14:32:02
Idézet: digitalis - 2012.10.12. 13:23:30
Q. What is a Travertine?

A. a form of limestone deposited by mineral springs, especially hot springs. <--------- correct answer, appears as an option. But the given answer is 'a cooking pot'.

Lol, I just had this one, and was told my correct answer was wrong too!!!

This new one also needs addressing................Scientists have traced the start of AIDS to..............

Answer marked as correct is 1908.
And whilst a search brings up this fact on facebook world facts (!!!) amongst others.

further research (Type "Scientists have traced the start of AIDS to..." into search engine) yields this...........
"Michael Worobey and Beatrice Hahn help us search for a much earlier Patient Zero, by taking us to Africa, and turning back the clock on a series of virus mutations and pinpointing one fateful moment of cross-species spillover in a jungle in Cameroon. And virus hunter Nathan Wolfe takes us back even farther, to an intracellular instant that created a chimp Patient Zero hundreds of thousands of years ago."
Dátum: 2012.10.12. 12:09:03
Not sure if this is classed as a bug or not or its just me being picky............

When dueling, in the spell paragraph my spell damage and regeneration is yellow/green , and my opponents is red.

But when he drains SE from me this is highlighted in yellow, and my negative aura damage is red. Shouldn't these be reversed?

Also when casting the spells, "You cast a(n) negative strike spell to the direction of your opponent." Just doesn't read properly.
Better would be, You cast 'spell name' at your opponent, Or You cast your 'Spell name' spell at/towards your opponent.

Likewise "From the hand of Kk88 a(n) murderous material is whooshing in your direction." Needs rewriting.
Dátum: 2012.10.09. 01:19:57
Just had this one and almost reported it to errors.............Glad I checked up first !!!

What is the largest organ in the human body?

Correct answer (!!!) -Skin.

May be obvious to lots of people but surprised me.
Educational and surprising questions like these are what I think make the quiz such a major part of the game.
Dátum: 2012.10.05. 16:41:00
Idézet: Bartessica Slam - 2011.02.05. 10:41:05
Hi,
The following question has a default into it:
"The theme for the British TV show "Jonathan Greek" is a variation on which classical piece of music?"

Must be:
"The theme for the British TV show "Jonathan Creek" is a variation on which classical piece of music?"

Regards,
Elvenwind

This question still needs amending to Jonathon Creek.
Oldal: 12345678910