Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - vajenka

Oldal: 123
Dátum: 2010.06.28. 18:08:46
What is H.P. Lovecraft's full namn?

WHAT IS "NAMN"??!!!
Dátum: 2010.06.24. 11:36:57
What is the only planet that rotates clockwise?

Jupiter
Saturn
Mercury
Venus

On google I found "Venus and Uranus."

So the question is wrong. Shoud stay "Which from the planets below is the only planet that rotates clockwise?"
The question is abiguous, as your evaluators like to say
Dátum: 2010.06.22. 07:54:55
A group of kangaroos is called a _____?
Pride
Mob
Herd
Rood

On google I found:
A group of kangaroos is called a troop, mob or herd
Dátum: 2010.06.21. 17:27:35
What country has the largest coastline in the world?

ON INTERNET I FOUND: Although Canada may seem the greatest, the answer is actually Russia. (Look at a large scale map).
Dátum: 2010.06.13. 17:15:19
I wonder what kind of English is this?

The country which is the largest producer of rubber in the world is?
Dátum: 2010.06.13. 04:16:16
I've got a question:
In the various "Getter Robo" Japanese animated series and works, how many "Getter Machines" are normally needed to form Getter Robo itself?

OMG!!!! What a "general knowledge" of evaluators is this?! Every one has to know what the "Getter Robo" is, but they don't know about fairy tailes, written by H.C.Andersen? (one of good questions about H.C.Anderson was marked as "known to very special group")
Dátum: 2010.06.12. 20:43:07
The question was:
Which animal can walk underwater?
and the answer was: Armadillo

BUT IF YOU RESEARCH, YOU CAN FIND: any that can hold there breath and have legs
so your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.
Dátum: 2010.06.11. 13:53:02
I found this: Animal Maximum Age (Years)
1. Quahog (marine clam) up to 200
2. Giant tortoise 150
3. Greek tortoise 110
4. Killer whale 90
5. European eel 88
6. Lake sturgeon 82
7. Sea anemone 80
8. Elephant 78
9. Freshwater mussel 75
10. Andean condor 70

But I also found:
but I also found:
- The Antarctic sponge Cinachyra antarctica has an extremely slow growth rate in the low temperatures of the Southern Ocean. One specimen has been estimated to be 1,550 years old.[24]
A specimen of the Icelandic Cyprine Arctica islandica (also known as an ocean quahog), a mollusk, was found to have lived 405 years and possibly up to 410.[25][26] Another specimen had a recorded life span of 374 years.[27]
Some koi fish have reportedly lived more than 200 years, the oldest being Hanako, died at an age of 226 years on July 7, 1977.[28]
Some confirmed sources estimated Bowhead Whales to have lived at least to 211 years of age, making them the oldest mammals.[29]
Specimens of the Red Sea Urchin, Strongylocentrotus franciscanus, have been found to be over 200 years old.[30]
Adwaita, a Aldabra Giant Tortoise died at the (possible) age of 250 in March 2006.

so... the question could be marked as "ambiguous."
Dátum: 2010.06.11. 13:29:54
Which country is on 2 continents?
Japan
Egypt
Turkey
UK

BUT: Turkey is one, Russia is another.
And Egypt is mostly in North Africa but also bridges the sinai to Asia.
Dátum: 2010.06.07. 10:32:42
Approx. how many stars can you see in the sky with bare eyes on a ordinary, clear night?
Around 250
Around half a million
Around 5000
Around 50 000

As corect answer is -" around 5000" but on NASA stars page I found: ...But if you look at the night sky far from city lights, you can see only about 3,000 of them without using binoculars or a telescope.
It is biiiig difference between 3000 and 5000
Dátum: 2010.05.28. 03:42:11
Your question is:
What is Matamata ?
Mexican alcoholic drink made from fermented maize.
Ancient Inca ceremony.
A turtle.
Mexican soup.

and the answer is A turtle. But Matamata is "Matamata is a rural Waikato town in New Zealand with a total population of around 12,000 (6,000 in rural areas, 6,000 in the township). It is located near the base of the Kaimai Ranges, and is a thriving farming area known for Thoroughbred horse breeding and training pursuits. ..."
while the turle is "The mata mata (binomial name Chelus fimbriatus) is a freshwater turtle found in South America, primarily in the Amazon and Orinoco basins. ...
"
Dátum: 2010.05.22. 15:03:40
What is the only animal with 4 knees?
Gerbil
Elephant
Pig
Horse
BUT LOOK WHAT I FOUND:
No animal has four knees - including elephants! This is a bad myth gone out of control. If you don't believe me, actually have a look at a skeleton of one. Simple really.

The joint on the front legs of any four-legged herbivore, such as horses, cows, elephants, deer, sheep and goats that resemble our own knees (and are often informally labeled as such) is actually called the carpus - the cluster of bones that form the wrist. The real knees on animals are located on the hind legs just like humans, which are often referred to as the stifle joint.
Dátum: 2010.05.22. 06:36:16
Who is the only Major League Baseball player to have his number retired by all teams?
Look what I found:
To date, only eight players have had their uniform number retired by more than one Major League Baseball team. In addition, Casey Stengel is the only manager to have had his number retired by more than one team. Stengel played for five teams, two of which he also managed, but he served solely as a manager for the two teams that retired his number.

Nolan Ryan is the only person to have a number retired by three different teams. Ryan, Carlton Fisk, and Reggie Jackson are the only people to have had two different numbers retired.

Hank Aaron Atlanta Braves 44
Milwaukee Brewers 44
Rod Carew Minnesota Twins 29
California Angels 29
Rollie Fingers Oakland Athletics 34
Milwaukee Brewers 34
Greg Maddux Chicago Cubs 31
Atlanta Braves 31
Frank Robinson Cincinnati Reds 20
Baltimore Orioles 20
Nolan Ryan Texas Rangers 34
Houston Astros 34
California Angels 30

Manager Teams Number(s)
Casey Stengel New York Yankees 37
New York Mets 37
Dátum: 2010.05.20. 06:03:12
The question is: Babies are born without which body part? and the answer is : kneecaps

BUT LOOK WHAT I FOUND:
That babies do not have knee caps at birth is not exactly true. All of us are born with knee caps. The knee caps of human beings actually form at the foetal stage, during the fourth month actually. However, at that point and until later, the knee caps are not ossified; they are made of cartilage. The growth centres around the knee caps form only a little prior to birth, and, in some cases, just after birth.

The kneecaps are there, only not ossified, as mentioned earlier. The ossification happens much later, when the child is around three years old, in the case of females, and four to five years in the case of males. etc...
Dátum: 2010.05.18. 12:03:29
What type of cell is responsible for blood clotting?

Neither of them are wholly responsible however when damage occurs platelet activation takes place which forms a 'knitted area'. This area traps the red blood cells causing a blockage. If infection occurs, white blood cells will then fight through the form of endocytosis by engulfing the diseased cells.
Dátum: 2010.05.18. 04:12:30
Wich of these books wasn't written by J. R. R. Tolkien?

did you mean: WHICH of these books wasn't written by J. R. R. Tolkien?
Dátum: 2010.05.17. 17:57:54
What is the capital of the state of Pennslyvania, USA?

DO YOU MEAN:

What is the capital of the state of Pennsylvania, USA?.
Dátum: 2010.05.17. 17:45:23
Whats the name of the hero who gets SUPERSTRONG on peanuts?

do you mean: WHAT IS (or WHAT'S) THE NAME OF THE HERO WHO GETS SUPER STRONG BY EATING PEANUTS?
Dátum: 2010.05.15. 01:35:34
YOUR QUESTION: Who was known as "The Sultan of Swing"?
look what I found on internet:
1)The Sultan of Swing
Winter 2004
Doug Silton,
2)Hugh Rodgers, the sultan of Swing,
3) Hossam Ramzy: The Sultan of Swing
etc....
Dátum: 2010.05.13. 15:38:29
Which award is for television products?

THERE IS A BIG DIFFERECE BETWEEN TV PRODUCTS AND TV PRODUCTIONS. Question and answers are - as you say - ambiguous.

1!
Oldal: 123