Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
1301. hozzászólás - 2010.06.13. 00:16:55 (Válasz Grey Rhino #1299 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Grey Rhino - 2010.06.12. 22:01:25
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.06.12. 10:15:03
Or Valkyrie could say, in the way GrayRihno wrote his complain, in some countries it is a point, in some it is a comma. The question is good. Please remove this comment from the forum and reprimand individual responsible for posting it

If it is a comma in some countries but is a decimal point in other countries then you now have an ambiguous question and it cannot therefore be a good question. So I return to my first point, have it reemoved from the database along with this question:

If you toss a coin 9 times and every time it turns up heads, what is the chance of it turning up tails the tenth time?
100,00%
90,00%
50,00%
10,00%

Same reason applies - I live in the UK and have been educated in the UK. Applying a comma where a decimal point should be used gives an entirely different meaning to your answer, hence you are creating ambiguity.

I do agree with this, to some degree. The period should be the standard, as the comma does have different meanings in different regions. I don't think a period has any application in countries that use the comma instead - so if you standardize on the period it helps the majority of players while having no negative effect on others.

Don't need to kick the questions, just a quick edit will do.
Pontszám: 5
unpopulars5jst
Végzetúr poronty
28 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1302. hozzászólás - 2010.06.13. 12:13:31
The question is: How much should a Football(Soccer) ball weigh?
but but then there are 3 answers in grams and 1 answer in pounds
as regulary answer is marked one of the grams answers. On google I found: a regulation size soccerball weighes between about 6oz to 10oz - a regular soccer ball weighs in lbs is 1.1 pounds , and also I found that there are different sizes of soccer ball.
A size 5 soccer ball will weigh between 14 and 16 ounces etc... (look on wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_(ball)

The question is - at least - ambiguous.
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1303. hozzászólás - 2010.06.13. 14:14:27 (Válasz Viridel #1301 hozzászólására.)
Yes, it does. Point is used for separating thousands while comma is used for decimal and vice versa, depending on the country. What rino is suggesting is to remove all answers that have either. Because just because in HIS country a point is used, doesn't make it right for all others. Just like with American continent
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1304. hozzászólás - 2010.06.13. 14:32:49 (Válasz Viridel #1234 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.06.03. 02:35:30
Who didn't appear in the Winnetou books?
Old Firehand
Old Shatterhand
Old Death
Old Rangerman

I thought these "who was NOT" questions were NOT being accepted anymore...

And besides, how are we to answer this question without reading the books? My search on the web only produced two of the names in conjunction with the books. Searching a bit more might produce the answer.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1305. hozzászólás - 2010.06.13. 14:49:29
What do you get, as a bonus ability, when you build buildings from the soul well?
Pets
Agility
Luck
Magic

The correct answer here would be Non! You don't get any bonus for building from the soul-well, only by building from your own SE.

How many living species of Elephants are their today?

1st The question should be How many living species of Elephants are there today?
2nd This question is no longer entirely correct, or might soon not be.

Some scientists suggest that there are actually up to 5 species of African elephants alive today, making the total 6, while the WWF still only lists two the African and the Indian.
Pontszám: 6.50
much likedvajenka
Végzetúr poronty
43 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1306. hozzászólás - 2010.06.13. 17:15:19
I wonder what kind of English is this?

The country which is the largest producer of rubber in the world is?
irritatingrok3269
Végzetúr poronty
45 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1307. hozzászólás - 2010.06.14. 02:54:56
What do you get, as a bonus ability, when you build buildings from the soul well?
Pets
Magic
Luck**
Agility

The error in this question is that it is not answerable by everyone in the game. if you are not in a clan or have not founded your own clan yet how would you know the answer to this game ????

That being said and with the amount of game related questions rejected for the same reason I ask that this question be removed from the quiz game. In my opinion and the opinion of the evaluators game related questions should not be in the game unlkess they are answerable by someone who has just started playing the game.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1308. hozzászólás - 2010.06.14. 04:41:57
which car company makes the dart?
Ford
Dodge <- Marked as correct
Chrysler
GMC

The question should be: Which car company made the Dart? but this is a minor issue.
However as Dodge is a division of Chrysler, Chrysler should not be among the possible answers. Furthermore the Dart was also produced by the Spanish company Barreiros, now also a Chrysler division.

Edit: corrected typo.
A hozzászólást MartinBV módosította 2010.06.14. 05:16:12-kor
much likedSpin
Végzetúr poronty
83 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1309. hozzászólás - 2010.06.14. 06:18:16
The Fansaty Wargame made by Games Workshop is?
Chainmail
Shield
Mace
Warhammer

should be Fantasy not fansaty.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1310. hozzászólás - 2010.06.14. 15:38:56
Which US State produces the majority of the crude oil produced in the United States?
Alaska
Texas
Nebraska
Wyoming

Texas is the largest single oil producing state in the US, but it does not produce the majority of the crude oil produced in the United States. Actually less than 25% of the US oil production is produced in Texas.

Who is the main character in the movie Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time?
Jake Gyllenhaal
Christian Bale
Tom Cruise
Tobey Maguire

The main character is Dastan, played by Jake Gyllenhaal
hatedfunkyw1Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
16 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1311. hozzászólás - 2010.06.14. 16:02:51
Today I got a good one "Where was the Titanic build?" should have said "built"! Who was the clown that passed this?
Rated as "PUBLIC ENEMY" and DAM PROUD OF IT!
Pontszám: 3
irritatingMaintzununFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
21 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1312. hozzászólás - 2010.06.14. 16:06:03
Just entered a question which read "What prison did Nelson Mandela spend 27 years of his life in?"

it's not worded correctly i'm afraid, it should real "Where did Nelson Mandela spend most of his 27 years of imprisonment?"

My apologies
A hozzászólást Maintzunun módosította 2010.06.14. 16:23:12-kor
hatedfunkyw1Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
16 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1313. hozzászólás - 2010.06.14. 16:10:30 (Válasz vajenka #1306 hozzászólására.)
How many living species of Elephants are their today?

1st The question should be How many living species of Elephants are there today?
2nd This question is no longer entirely correct, or might soon not be.

Some scientists suggest that there are actually up to 5 species of African elephants alive today, making the total 6, while the WWF still only lists two the African and the Indian.

Google lists African, Indian, and Pygmy Elephants
A hozzászólást funkyw1 módosította 2010.06.14. 16:13:46-kor
Rated as "PUBLIC ENEMY" and DAM PROUD OF IT!
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1314. hozzászólás - 2010.06.14. 16:53:43
Who was the famous bush ranger of Australia?
Mark Webber
Mark Warne
Shane Warne
Ned Kelly

What the fuck is this? And you wonder why I get pissed when my questions get rejected?
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1315. hozzászólás - 2010.06.14. 17:58:51 (Válasz Maintzunun #1312 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Maintzunun - 2010.06.14. 16:06:03
Just entered a question which read "What prison did Nelson Mandela spend 27 years of his life in?"

it's not worded correctly i'm afraid, it should real "Where did Nelson Mandela spend most of his 27 years of imprisonment?"

My apologies

If it's a formal publication, you're not supposed to end a sentence in a preposition, but for casual usage, it's acceptable.
irritatingMaintzununFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
21 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1316. hozzászólás - 2010.06.15. 00:10:04 (Válasz ImLittleJon #1315 hozzászólására.)
I furthured my research, and learned that Mandela only spent around 18 years of the 27 on Robben Island (the answer i clicked as correct) so the original question
**"What prison did Nelson Mandela spend 27 years of his life in?"** was incorrect
**"Where did Nelson Mandela spend most of his 27 years of imprisonment?"** is more correct with the addition of "most".
Besides this flaw, i feel this question is good general knowledge. Madeba is a great man!

as far as prepositions go mate, thanks for the correction, but it went over my head... i'm still doing better than some here - yesterday i had this question

**"how many litters are in a galon?"** and the answers were 3,4,5 and 8 or something?
tricky question considering the US Litre to Gallon is 3.79 and the Imperial (UK) Litre to Gallon is 4.54
Luckily for me, 4 was the correct answer or i would've been spitting tacks.
I still vote that this question should be axed however, the spelling is awful !
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1317. hozzászólás - 2010.06.15. 03:49:50
How did Sir Gawain break his promise to the Green Knight?
He kept the girdle given to him by the Green Knight's wife
He seduced the Green Knight's wife
He killed the Green Knight's son by mistake
He failed to show up for his scheduled beheading

Really??? Have the literature standards really dropped this low? Yet sports questions are obviously held to a different standards.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1318. hozzászólás - 2010.06.15. 12:23:07
What is the code for "O" in the International Morse Code?
.-
---

Not a complaint just a note.
Depending on the screen font it can be difficult to distinguish between O and 0.

Who ruled the seas before Poseidon?
Aquaticus
Kronos
Florinte
Oceanus

This question should include according to which mythology.

How many litres of blood does a human have?

The question should be a bit more specific. The answer is valid for an average adult male who weighs 70 kg. .... Personally I don't know many average human males

Which country created the modern popular image of Santa Claus?
USA
Slovakia
Germany
Italy

Didn't know the USA as a country was involved in such things The question is a good one, just badly phrased.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1319. hozzászólás - 2010.06.15. 13:58:08 (Válasz Viridel #1301 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.06.13. 00:16:55
Idézet: Grey Rhino - 2010.06.12. 22:01:25
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.06.12. 10:15:03
Or Valkyrie could say, in the way GrayRihno wrote his complain, in some countries it is a point, in some it is a comma. The question is good. Please remove this comment from the forum and reprimand individual responsible for posting it

If it is a comma in some countries but is a decimal point in other countries then you now have an ambiguous question and it cannot therefore be a good question. So I return to my first point, have it reemoved from the database along with this question:

If you toss a coin 9 times and every time it turns up heads, what is the chance of it turning up tails the tenth time?
100,00%
90,00%
50,00%
10,00%

Same reason applies - I live in the UK and have been educated in the UK. Applying a comma where a decimal point should be used gives an entirely different meaning to your answer, hence you are creating ambiguity.

I do agree with this, to some degree. The period should be the standard, as the comma does have different meanings in different regions. I don't think a period has any application in countries that use the comma instead - so if you standardize on the period it helps the majority of players while having no negative effect on others.

Don't need to kick the questions, just a quick edit will do.

Both systems causes confusion.
In most non English speaking countries the decimal separator is the comma, while the period is used as the thousands separator (separates groups of 3 digits).

The correct international standard however is to use either comma or period as decimal separator and a space but neither comma nor period may be used as a separator of groups of 3 digits.

So my suggestion is to disallow the use of comma and period as a thousands separator.
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1320. hozzászólás - 2010.06.15. 14:20:39
National animal of India?
Tiger
Rhino
Kangaroo
Lion

This isn't phrased as a question, but it's a good one.
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!