Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
much likedvajenka
Végzetúr poronty
43 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
1141. hozzászólás - 2010.05.20. 06:03:12
The question is: Babies are born without which body part? and the answer is : kneecaps

BUT LOOK WHAT I FOUND:
That babies do not have knee caps at birth is not exactly true. All of us are born with knee caps. The knee caps of human beings actually form at the foetal stage, during the fourth month actually. However, at that point and until later, the knee caps are not ossified; they are made of cartilage. The growth centres around the knee caps form only a little prior to birth, and, in some cases, just after birth.

The kneecaps are there, only not ossified, as mentioned earlier. The ossification happens much later, when the child is around three years old, in the case of females, and four to five years in the case of males. etc...
Pontszám: 5
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1142. hozzászólás - 2010.05.20. 16:28:34 (Válasz vajenka #1141 hozzászólására.)
Its the same with teeth. The teeth are there, just not visible. Still you say a baby has no teeth. Literally thats wrong. But taken in a more general way it still applies. So, ofcourse you are correct and thank you for that nice detail Still the question is good enough to stay.
irritatingInv_
Végzetúr poronty
189 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1143. hozzászólás - 2010.05.20. 20:10:23
What NFL championship game was first dubbed "Super Bowl"?

who cares?! how about we drop these stupid questions and leave only those with an answer "that is NOT known only by a special group". no one outside USA cares about your football (actually the whole world calls football what you call soccer, but ok.. ). also please drop the what x nationality player won some obscure event in year <= 1950.
A hozzászólást Inv_ módosította 2010.05.20. 20:10:50-kor
If you mod me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine
Pontszám: 3
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1144. hozzászólás - 2010.05.20. 21:15:48
Where did the nintendo 64 derived its name from?

It was the 64th nintendo product
The games are maximum 64Mb <-----------------------------
There are 64 games for this console
Its was created in 1964

other than the obvious typos ("Where did the nintendo 64 "derived" and "its was created")

the nintendo 64 never had 64 meg of ram...
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1145. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 07:27:48 (Válasz Inv_ #1143 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Inv_ - 2010.05.20. 20:10:23
What NFL championship game was first dubbed "Super Bowl"?

who cares?! how about we drop these stupid questions and leave only those with an answer "that is NOT known only by a special group". no one outside USA cares about your football (actually the whole world calls football what you call soccer, but ok.. ). also please drop the what x nationality player won some obscure event in year <= 1950.

And very few people in North America care about your "International" Football. The Super Bowl is the single most watched event in the world. According to the Doomlord forum -> Doomlord Game Forums -> Story -> Doomlord players all over the world thread, it appears that between 40 and 50% of the players are of North American origin. I see very few North American saying "get that European shit out of the quiz", yet it is an unfortunately common viewpoint that North American topics (especially sports) don't belong at all. There is already a notable European bias in the questions, so having someone suggest that the bias should be accentuated even further is very discouraging, considering this is supposed to be a WORLD server.

I don't care one bit that there are Euro based questions in the quiz - but I do care greatly the questions from both sides of the ocean are not evaluated equally.
averagePlutoratteFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
4 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1146. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 07:35:01
following question: What was the profession of the Wright brothers?

the right answer is that they build an airplane, but the author of the questions says the right answer is that they are bicycle makers....
averageThetus
Végzetúr poronty
43 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1147. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 09:57:45 (Válasz Nemesis 666 #1140 hozzászólására.)
True, true.
averageThetus
Végzetúr poronty
43 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1148. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 10:05:56 (Válasz Plutoratte #1146 hozzászólására.)
The author is right.
Wright brothers opened a repair and sales shop "Wright Cycle Company" (Wright Cycle Exchange at first) about the year of 1896, so we can surely say, that their profession was making bicycles.
Next time try wikipedia.
A hozzászólást Thetus módosította 2010.05.21. 10:06:37-kor
averageabdovolcano
Végzetúr poronty
5 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1149. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 11:45:47
Prior to the 2010 Winter Olympics, which country had not won a gold metal while hosting the olympics?

Sweden
Norway
Japan
Canada

please check the spelling errors in this question as i have many rejected questions of mine rejected on errors much less than this one
everyone's favoritePerrinAybarra
Végzetúr poronty
12 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1150. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 12:20:28
just got this question

Who Invented the battery?

Bruno Abakanowicz
Thomas Edison
Anatoly Alexandrov **
Alessandro Volta

this is incorrect... he might have invented the MODERN battery, but batteries have been around since the ancient Egyptian times 4300 years ago. They were clay pots filled with vinegar using a copper cylincer with an iron rod in it.
averageSzimonNő
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1151. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 15:19:20
What is a square?

* An object that has 4 sides of equal length
A goat
A 12 sided object
The type of person that evaluates these questions

It's funny, but non of them precise, because rhombus also has 4 sides of equal length. The difference between them is that square has four 90 degree angles or right angles.
popularDedhedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1152. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 15:34:42
Question:
How many sides does a pyramid have?
the correct answer is marked at 5.

The question needs to be more specific.
A square based pyramid has 5 sides.
A triangle based pyramid has 4 sides.
A hozzászólást Dedhed módosította 2010.05.22. 21:10:47-kor
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1153. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 17:30:23 (Válasz Dedhed #1152 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Dedhed - 2010.05.21. 15:34:42
k I don't remember the exact wording of the question...

How many sides does a pyramid have?
the correct answer is marked at 5.

But I don't think it specified if it is a square based pyramid or a triangle based pyramid.
A square based pyramid has 5 sides but a triangle shaped pyramid has only 4.

Has anyone else had this question? Did it specify?

Already had the question, already complained about it. Admins are as active as usual, obviously
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1154. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 17:36:43
Who is not a Basketball Player:
Michael Jordan
Charles Barkley
Nick van Axel
Jeff van Gundy

Gundy is given as the right answer, and it is since he's only coached and never played (professional, at least). However, who is Nick van Axel??? There used to be a player named Nick van Exel - but no Axel.

Beyond that, why go so obscure? Who is going to know Exel -or- Gundy amongst general users? Swap Axel with John Stockton and Gundy with Mark Cuban, and the question is a LOT more viable. Here's a North American Sport question that should NOT have made it in - both for being obscure and for being wrong.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1155. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 17:38:36
Another name for the Bible is?
God's Book
New Testament
Old Testament
Good Book

Stupid-ass question.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1156. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 17:39:34
Who wrote the magic of Recluse series?
L.E. Modesitt Jr
Terry Goodkind
William Shatner
Robert Jordan

Another stupid-ass question... Enough Literature already!!!
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1157. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 17:58:25 (Válasz Viridel #1155 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.05.21. 17:38:36
Another name for the Bible is?
God's Book
New Testament
Old Testament
Good Book

Wow. I have rejected this question several times for ambiguous answers. Sad to see the writer just kept submitting it and finally got it in.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1158. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 19:53:55 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #1157 hozzászólására.)
I dont know who let it in, but is not ambiguous. Good Book is the only answer. The rest do not refer to the bible, only parts of it
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1159. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 21:17:33 (Válasz stekkos #1158 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.21. 19:53:55
I dont know who let it in, but is not ambiguous. Good Book is the only answer. The rest do not refer to the bible, only parts of it

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Bible the New Testament - the Old Testament is the Torah?

Therefore, another name for the BIBLE is New Testament.

It's just not a good question.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1160. hozzászólás - 2010.05.21. 21:19:17
Which one isn't a Mervyn Peake's novel?
Letters from a Lost Uncle
Mr Pye
Polar City Nightmare
Titus Groan

a) Weren't "NOT" questions being usually rejected unless the answer was evident?
b) Who the hell is Mervyn Peake?

Why are Sporting questions "Special Group", but these obscure writers keep getting approved?
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!