Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
popularBannedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
1361. hozzászólás - 2010.06.20. 10:15:17 (Válasz Thetus #1360 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Thetus - 2010.06.20. 09:25:04
Aaaaah, and something about the brick question.
The correct answer is of course 8 kg. Maybe the question is not perfect English but I think that noone should have any problems with figuring out how to count it.

After a heated discussion with someone (in real life) I have been shown that I am in fact....

Wrong.

I was misreading it...as well as over complicating the scenario.

Yup, I said it. I was wrong.

As for the Fantasia question,....personally, when it comes to movies; I always use the year the movie was released, to avoid this exact complaint.

You never know when someone might decide to do a remake.
(Friday the 13th, Halloween, A Nightmare on Elm Street, 12 Angry Men, 3:10 to Yuma, Bangkok Dangerous, Death at a Funeral.....just to name a few)

I can only advise others to do the same.
Pontszám: 5
averageThetus
Végzetúr poronty
43 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1362. hozzászólás - 2010.06.20. 10:59:58 (Válasz Banned #1361 hozzászólására.)
That's what I'm talking about. Making remakes, sequels or other stuff is very popular now.

And another error:
I was asked about a min character in J.D.Sallinger's "The Catcher in the Rye" and the correct one was Hayden Caulfield. OMG, it's so f***ing wrong. His name was Holden. I want to ask our evaluators if they check the question (answers) in other categories than spelling or existing in database. You should start checking if they are correct itself. They don't have to be evaluated in a second. You can do it by days or even weeks, but do it well.
averageThetus
Végzetúr poronty
43 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1363. hozzászólás - 2010.06.20. 11:00:27 (Válasz Thetus #1362 hozzászólására.)
There should be "main character".
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1364. hozzászólás - 2010.06.20. 14:26:20 (Válasz Viridel #1356 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.06.19. 20:43:47
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.06.19. 08:25:23
This is a simple mathematical question.
If x = 2kg + x/2 then 2x=?

x = 2gk + x/2 <=> 2x = 4kg + x <=> x=4kg

And thus two bricks weighs 8 kg.

And no, I didn't write the question. There is a less mathematical solution to the same problem, but I'll leave that to you.

Just because you know the answer doesn't make this right:

"A brick weighs 2kg and half a brick"

Listen BV - You complain when someone says Country instead of Nation. You flip shit when "there" is used instead of "that"... Yet you think THIS is proper English? If you're going to bitch and moan about every little thing, then don't come to the rescue of something that clearly has issues.

Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.06.19. 08:55:19
How do you call the process of reducing dead human bodies to basic chemical compounds in the form of gases and bone fragments?

The question is bad English. So the question should be:
What do you call the process of reducing dead human bodies to their basic chemical compounds in the form of gases and bone fragments?

Exactly my point. If you're going to justify something clearly messed up, then don't bitch about something as insignificant as the above.

Sorry if I have offended you, but that still doesn't make "A brick weighs 2kg and half a brick" bad English or a paradox, its a simple equation disguised as a riddle, Banned has admitted it, why don't you as well.

And no I do not "bitch and moan" about every little language issue, if I did I would be posting 2-3 times as many errors. And if you are going to complain about the errors I have posted, do me a favour and use real examples. Only one of the three "examples" you give is something I did post, and in that case I disagree with you. It might be understandable, but it's still not correct.
averageThucydides
Végzetúr poronty
25 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1365. hozzászólás - 2010.06.20. 15:52:19
who made the first video game?

there are more than one correct answer to this question.......who made the first video game played on a TV, who made the first COMPUTER game, who made the first coin operated video game...etc etc

and this question passed?
unpopulars5jst
Végzetúr poronty
28 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1366. hozzászólás - 2010.06.20. 16:40:03
Who is buried in Grant's Tomb?
your answer: Grant

Right answer: Nobody is. It's a tomb. You can't be buried in a tomb. But Ulysses S. Grant is in it.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1367. hozzászólás - 2010.06.20. 20:41:33
Who was David Gemmel's "LEGEND"?
Jon Shannow
Waylander the Slayer
Dakeyras
Druss

WAY too obscure... Even on the Wiki page, the answer to this is in the last paragraph.

As a follow-up... How does this pass, yet a question about the X-Men is rejected for being too "special knowledge"?
A hozzászólást Viridel módosította 2010.06.20. 22:46:39-kor
averageD00ml0rdFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
520 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1368. hozzászólás - 2010.06.21. 03:07:50
I just had a question that was something along lines of what role was Arnold Swharzengger cast in The Terminator (circa 1884)

The Terminator was one of the possible answers and thats what i selected but it was given as wrong with correct answer being Kyle Reese.

The IMDB site gives this for the star lineup.

Arnold Schwarzenegger ... The Terminator

Michael Biehn ... Kyle Reese

Now i missed out on answer 20 questions correct quiz.

ALSO would it be possible to show the full question and answers when an answer is given wrong, the amount of times i have incorrect questions is rediculous but as i dont copy each question before i answer (assuming i know the answer) i dont copy it before hitting answer button.

Also are these questions we report ever actually corrected?
much likedSpin
Végzetúr poronty
83 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1369. hozzászólás - 2010.06.21. 04:24:57
I just got a question "Samuel Adams was famous for?"

founding father
beer
all the above <-- Marked correct
signing the declaration of independence

This question is wrong. Samuel Adams was a malter, and produced malts used in beers, I think the writer mistook the Boston made beer that uses this name and assumed more than they should have. It needs to be changed at the very least, or deleted, I would settle for changed though.
hatedfunkyw1Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
16 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1370. hozzászólás - 2010.06.21. 04:30:59
In the poem, the Odyssey, Charbdis is a? Spelling mistake should be "Charybdis"
Rated as "PUBLIC ENEMY" and DAM PROUD OF IT!
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1371. hozzászólás - 2010.06.21. 05:15:53
If only she ... my love! Which one is WRONG?
would return
will return
returned <- marked as correct
had returned

Not sure if this is wrong, but I have no clue as to why it should be either. As far as my knowledge of English grammar, all are valid. If there is some literary reference it has escaped me. Could someone please explain this one?

Who Played Barbarella ?
Jane Fonda <- marked as correct
Honor Blackman
Faye Dunaway
Bridget Fonda

This question needs a bit more detail. (I found a site that claimed a remake is under way.)

"Man is a social animal", are the famous words of ?
Cristo
Spencer
Aristotle <- marked as correct
Plato

This is both right and wrong, what Aristotle actually said was "man by nature is a political animal" but the word normally translated as political has a broader meaning than the English word political, so it could be translated as social.
averageThetus
Végzetúr poronty
43 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1372. hozzászólás - 2010.06.21. 09:23:20
In what year was George Washington born?

Don't you think that the answers are too close?
averageThetus
Végzetúr poronty
43 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1373. hozzászólás - 2010.06.21. 17:04:55
I had so many times an information that my question is already a part of a database. What a surprise - I just got this one:

How long does it takes for light from Sun to reach Earth ?
12.33 min
instantly
5.33 min
8.33 min

A little time ago I had to answer almost the same question - something like 'Approximately how long does it take the sun light to rech Earth?' (with different answers). How is it possible that evaluators accepted 2 questions that asked the same thing?
averageThetus
Végzetúr poronty
43 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1374. hozzászólás - 2010.06.21. 17:06:59
OMG, a second ago I was asked about these Nazi leaders uniting jewish in camps. Someone wrote before about this question. I see that posting informations about quiz errors is nonsense.
much likedvajenka
Végzetúr poronty
43 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1375. hozzászólás - 2010.06.21. 17:27:35
What country has the largest coastline in the world?

ON INTERNET I FOUND: Although Canada may seem the greatest, the answer is actually Russia. (Look at a large scale map).
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1376. hozzászólás - 2010.06.21. 19:21:11
Just had this question:

What are Titans?

The possible answers were all Fathers of ...
The correct answer was to be found in the Greek mythology, but it could as well have been found elsewhere, so this question should include this information. And a minor issue is that the question should be in past tense.
popularBannedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1377. hozzászólás - 2010.06.21. 19:57:06 (Válasz D00ml0rd #1368 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.06.21. 03:07:50
I just had a question that was something along lines of what role was Arnold Swharzengger cast in The Terminator (circa 1884)

The Terminator was one of the possible answers and thats what i selected but it was given as wrong with correct answer being Kyle Reese.

The IMDB site gives this for the star lineup.

Arnold Schwarzenegger ... The Terminator

Michael Biehn ... Kyle Reese

Now i missed out on answer 20 questions correct quiz.

ALSO would it be possible to show the full question and answers when an answer is given wrong, the amount of times i have incorrect questions is rediculous but as i dont copy each question before i answer (assuming i know the answer) i dont copy it before hitting answer button.

Also are these questions we report ever actually corrected?

First.... 1884 was probably supposed to be 1984.
So, I agree that the question should be shown again with the answer in a database under the "Quiz" tab, like our Previous Battles.

Second...Arnold was originally cast as Kyle Reese, Lance Henrikson was originally cast as The Terminator.
Shortly after screen tests (where actors read lines so the Production Crew can get a feel of how the movie will progress)

James Cameron (the director) decided to recast the two actors in the roles we now know of them to play.

Michael Biehn (who did play Kyle Reese) was rejected after his first audition, but after Arnold and Lance had been recast, Biehn was brought back for a second audition and given the part.

All of this information, can be found at IMDB.
popularBannedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1378. hozzászólás - 2010.06.21. 21:12:54
A few more inaccurate Quiz Questions:

In what do bees store their honey?
Honeycombs
Honey Brushes
Honey nests
Bee hives

Two answers are correct, even if one is misspelled.

Which animal is not totally deaf?
turtle
fox
bee
termite

So, the others ARE totally deaf?

"Tomorrow is just another day." Which famous American novel ends with this sentence?
Roots
Gone with the Wind
Seeds
The Great Gatsby

Technically, the line is actually "After all, tomorrow is another day."
(Source: American Book Review Link: http://americanbookreview.org/PDF/100_Best_Last_Lines_from_Novels.pdf)
much likeddodo888
Végzetúr poronty
61 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1379. hozzászólás - 2010.06.21. 22:18:34
Sorry if this came before but i didnt wanna read 69 pages sorry. The question was about Slobodan Milosevic, and there was a answer war criminal and Serbian president, and they are both correct
popularBannedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1380. hozzászólás - 2010.06.22. 00:07:26 (Válasz dodo888 #1379 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: dodo888 - 2010.06.21. 22:18:34
Sorry if this came before but i didnt wanna read 69 pages sorry. The question was about Slobodan Milosevic, and there was a answer war criminal and Serbian president, and they are both correct

That might be a "Grey Area"...

Personally, I agree with you; that there are 2 answers given, and it needs to be amended.
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője