Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - DoomDudeRuby1

Oldal: 1
Dátum: 2010.11.28. 00:06:42
How long is a chameleon's tongue in relation to it's body?
About the same length
twice as long <-- right
half as long
5 times as long

the tongue can reach up to 1 ½ times the lizard's body length.

A chameleon's tongue can extend the length of its entire body, or even longer.

twice the length of the chameleon's own body.

A chameleon's tongue is twice the length of its body.

Because a chameleon's tongue is usually twice as long as its body length,

The tongue, often as long as the body and head of the lizard,

These are all quotes from different websites and as you can see, there is a little inconsistency.

Which of the following is NOT cold blooded?
Octopus
Atlantic Bluefin Tuna <-- right
Giant Squid
Moray Eel

It's a pain to have to google each one and then read for something that isn't normally mentioned. If it had broadened the answers, it would be better, but Moray Eels, Atlantic Bluefin?

Some larger tuna species, such as bluefin tuna, display some warm-blooded adaptations.
To me, that doesn't sound like they're warm blooded anyway, but they do have some similar adaptions.
Dátum: 2010.10.29. 00:11:11
How long is the river Amur?
4444 km right
2154 km
5258 km
3899 km

Everywhere is saying 2824
Dátum: 2010.10.14. 19:38:32
Nice work!

Is it possible to switch off premium regeneration whenever we want? I have it to switch off when I hunt, but I just have to guess at how long I can hunt for (and I normally get it wrong). So any way to fix that would be a dream for me an maybe others!
Dátum: 2010.10.05. 20:49:08
I'm weak in my category but I make the world go around, what am I?
Water
Electricity
Sun
Gravitation <-- right

World go around as in what? Spin? Around the Sun?
I think it means around the sun, but if that is the case, it is the suns gravitational pull that puts us into orbit? So are there not 2 answers? The sun is relatively small for a star, the reason for its weak gravitational pull, so I think this is ambiguous.
Dátum: 2010.10.04. 15:22:17
What runs like a deer?
Tractor <-- right
4 Wheeler
Truck
Something else

What? Does this make sense to anyone else? I have absolutely no idea what this question is asking or how a tractor is the right answer?
Dátum: 2010.09.27. 21:37:39
Who was the first president of the United States of America?
George Washington<-- right
John Hanson

Ambiguous, John Hanson is the first president to spend a year in office so is sometimes referred to as the first president. I did get the question right, but I do think it's a little misleading.
Dátum: 2010.09.24. 15:18:56
What is a collection of crows known as?
Flock
Murder <-- right

A group of crows is called a flock, muster or storytelling of crows.
Apparently a murder of crows is right too, but it's ambiguous, no matter which is the official definition.
Dátum: 2010.09.04. 13:23:38
Which country has the oldest national anthem?
England
Netherlands <-- right
Germany
China

Various countries including Japan, Netherlands (Holland), and Britain lay claim to having the oldest national anthem. The Japanese anthem 'The Kimigayo (the Emperor's reign)' was adopted in 1888, and was originally a poem written by Ki No Tsurayuki in the early 10th century. The music was written in 1880. The Dutch claim is based on their anthem 'The Wilhelmus' being written in 1570, but it was not adopted as the national anthem until 1932. The British national anthem was originally a patriotic song, popular in 1745 at the time of the Scots Jacobite rebellion. The song was used thereafter to greet the British monarch whenever he/she appeared in public. The original author is unknown, and it is believed to date from the mid 16th century.

To me, it looks like Japan is the right answer, though it is still ambiguous to determine when the national anthem became the national anthem (when it was written or when it was sung).

England's was adopted in 1745 (it seems) and was written in mid 16th century, 1550.
Netherland's was adopted in 1932 and was written in 1570.
Japan's was adopted in 1888 and was written 910AD.

Either way, it's not Netherlands. Delete.
Dátum: 2010.08.26. 16:22:52
How many skeletal muscles are there in a human body?
Over 470
Over 630
Over 900
Over something else

There are approximately 639 skeletal muscles according to wikipedia and because I've seen this question before, I knew to pick the 630, despite the over 470 being right anyway!

Please change all the 'overs' to around. Or change the numbers to exact (ie leave the correct as 639).

I'm sure I've seen someone complain about this already!!
Dátum: 2010.07.31. 12:01:53
Typo:
James Naismith invented BASKETLBALL, which country is he from?
India
Canada
Great BRITIAN
United States of America

Should be Basketball and Great Britain, thanks
Dátum: 2010.07.30. 21:44:27
Another one here which is fine, but outdated...

How long was the longest singles match in recorded tennis history?
5 hours, 14 minutes
7 hours, 12 minutes
8 hours, 49 minutes
6 hours, 33 minutes <-- right answer give or take a few minutes

In Wimbledon 2010, there was match lasting 11 hours, 5 minutes so that should replace it.
However, there are lots of recorded tennis matches and records are frequently beaten so I don't know if this question should be deleted (or at least have a date put on it), I'll leave it up to the admins to make a decision.
Oldal: 1