Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - manunkind

Dátum: 2023.01.26. 18:55:11
HADES22, ok, we agree it's allowed. and i don't mind if Beholder alters the rules-of-use. you're asking me an ethical question. my answer is that it's irrelevant since it causes no harm. it's a victimless crime. no harm; no foul. move on.

as for your clanmates, it seemed unnecessary to me for them to complain in the forum after speaking with me, but, sure, i don't have a problem with them posting here. i have a problem with them getting personal and carrying on for two weeks about two attacks that didn't even affect them. we have determined my use was legal, i have remained civil, and they were not harmed. what is left to debate? if they (or you) wish to suggest a rules change, i encourage it. that's a suggestion, not a complaint. i have made plenty of suggestions. i have made several about this very issue.

when i was level 9, subplasmas did not yet exist, but i had higher level players in a dominant clan farming me any time i carried SE. and yes, they coordinated their attacks. if one got SE, the others would follow. and i didn't like it, but that's the game. so i adapted. i didn't come to the forum and whine about it.
Dátum: 2023.01.26. 18:42:29
a little hard for me to address such a vague accusation, pyro666. subplasma use is not a regular part of my gameplay. i don't doubt that i've hit you at some point. it was certainly part of a task.
Dátum: 2023.01.26. 16:30:27
HADES22, those aren't the words i would choose. wrong? no, it's perfectly legal. i am using subplasmas as intended. i believe they don't work under level 10, but i haven't tried. it's frustrating to get attacked by stronger opponents, period. why is it worse to get hit for no SE from an opponent you can't beat than by an opponent closer in level you can't beat taking much SE, causing real damage, and knocking your pets unconscious?

it would be foolish for a high-level player to waste his subplasmas attacking low-level players regularly. but for the event, i had to use them on someone, and i chose active players for the torture chamber boost. i would have preferred mid-level, but i couldn't find enough that qualified. i also stopped as soon as i completed the task, which is what i told your clanmates when they messaged me. i attacked no one more than twice.

do i fault your clanmates for messaging me asking why they got hit? no, it's a social game, and that is a tool in the toolbox. do i fault them for throwing a tantrum over 2 weeks? yes. (to be clear, i do not include you in that. you and i are having a conversation. i get that you disagree with me, but you have not been throwing a fit. we are just hashing out our differences of opinion.)

i've been hit by stronger opponents before. when it becomes a pattern, i've messaged them. some have said they'd stop, some have said they won't stop, some have said nothing. i've insulted none of them. it's a player vs player game. impeding other players is legitimate strategy. subplasmas, it should be noted, do NOT impede other players. i've had stronger players farm me, and you know what? you won't find me complaining in the forum anywhere about that because that's part of the game.
Dátum: 2023.01.26. 00:07:26
HADES22, yes, my preference would be the higher level character. in selecting targets, i started my search at the top, but worked my way all the way down to your clan seeking active drag-able targets.

let's be candid. there is no player at level 9, 66, or 183 with a sporting chance against me atm. this isn't about having a chance to win. this is a pretend fight with no consequences to the target. why does your clan care so much about a fight that has no consequences?

you have spoken to me respectfully and i return that favor.
Dátum: 2023.01.25. 23:15:29
i have suggested they get rid of the 50 subplasma attack task repeatedly.
Dátum: 2023.01.25. 23:13:33
torture chamber value is derived from activity.
Dátum: 2023.01.25. 23:12:04
Miklos
Administrator
1178 post
Re: General complaint
811. post - 2016.06.04. 18:58:22
Hi,
Subplasma is just a tool to make people able to finish their daily quest who otherwise couldn't due to lack of opponents. Consider it a virtual fight, not a real one. You lose nothing, no soul-energy, no HP, nothing.its a virtual challenge where you can test how much damage you deal to the mightiest, without any risk.
This is totally different from real duels, where you can lose a lot - but there, fights are more fair, you can attack only in your attack range.
So please, take it like a fair sportsman, consider it a kind of cooperative action to help someone achieve something. Maybe one day he will help you in return. If these duel descriptions still disturb you, just ignore them. They have no effect on your gameplay.
Dátum: 2023.01.25. 22:51:31
i believe that's correct. it was the same SE reward for levels 66 and 183 when i tested. i could test it on you if you'd like. but i won't unless you ask me to.

do i understand your hesitation in believing me? sure, i guess so. let me ask you this: what do i have to gain by being deceptive? if you'd like, use the help button in the upper-right of your character sheet. click need information, and ask the game moderators how subplasmas work.

under normal circumstances, you don't need to do anything to avoid my attacks because i rarely use subplasmas. if you're really concerned about 2 attacks where you lose nothing, then sure, there are a variety of ways to prevent it. i wrote about them previously.

how would you try to determine which of those 3000 potential targets are active? i think you'll find it's no easy task. i wrote about my efforts there previously as well.
Dátum: 2023.01.25. 22:17:58
thank you for the respectful question, HADES22.

demonstrably active players that i can drag into my torture chamber? no. most players on that list are inactive. most players that stick around win the scarab along the way.
Dátum: 2023.01.25. 21:38:08
Dionysos, you spend a lot of time telling me i'm not listening while you're not listening. the way subplasmas work, the attacker gets SE but the defender does not lose SE. if you look at your previous battles, it will say 0 SE lost, but on mine it will say something like 3207 SE won. i benefit while you are unharmed.

POSEIDON22, the same 3207. if you have higher level active targets i can drag into my torture chamber, send me their names for next time. ours holds 16.
Dátum: 2023.01.25. 20:44:38
i didn't say i got 0 from you. i said you lost 0. that's how subplasmas work. you lose nothing. i still get something. i can double-check the 3207 number on you if you'd like.
Dátum: 2023.01.25. 20:12:57
again, mistelling me what i said. i did not say i don't agree with hitting low level players. i said i think the game should have rules to prevent it or game mechanics to discourage it. as a player, i will make the decision that i think is best for my character within the game rules and mechanics we have.

3207 + torture chamber > than 3207. 21 < 42. #math

let me be blunt. unless you change, no matter what i do, you won't stick with this game. you blame others for your problems. what happens when you climb into someone's range who starts taking actual SE from you? you will quit. this game is about adapting and overcoming adversity. that doesn't happen when the adversity is imagined and the solution is complaining. godspeed.
Dátum: 2023.01.25. 19:49:57
we are not given the individualized torture chamber results. the 3207 number is from the battle itself. it was the same for both, but the experience for the level 183 was far less efficient. it makes sense to have active players in my torture chamber.

what exactly is their point, Jack? they took two hits, lost nothing, and have complained for weeks? i impeded them in no way whatsoever. this is entirely about fragile feelings.
Dátum: 2023.01.25. 18:45:36
Dionysos, i'm not going to keep explaining where you're wrong when you didn't pay attention previous times.

i never said i don't benefit from attacking low level players. you and your clanmates continue to try to put words in my mouth. my preference is to drag higher level players into my torture chamber. between premium settings, the scarab, catacombs, being in the same horde, and not being able to drag higher level players into my torture chamber with subplasmas, i found myself looking deep for active targets.

Jack, after our conversation, i did some testing. i got the same battle reward from a level 66 player as from a level 183 (3207 SE), but i got twice the experience points from the 183 (42). this is an issue with game mechanics.

i have no problem with making changes to avoid these kinds of conflicts. in fact, i have suggested them repeatedly. current rules do not limit the range with subplasmas. when the rules change, so will my playstyle. the olympian gods clan's tantrum is not compelling.
Dátum: 2023.01.25. 16:51:07
i never denied it. i explained my rationale. in generous detail.

you have a choice. you can ignore subplasma attacks (all two of them) with literally no consequence to yourself. instead, you've thrown a fit.

respect? do you think you have shown respect in this forum?
Dátum: 2023.01.25. 16:10:41
the event required 50 subplasma attacks to complete a task. with subplasmas, i can attack players at any level. i chose to attack active players while filling my torture chamber. just as i have chosen not to attack you since. you were not "forced" to buy premium - you lost nothing in my two attacks. you made a choice. i'm not sure what you think your weeks-long tantrum has accomplished, but you're not making any friends. that's another choice.
Dátum: 2023.01.25. 15:40:55
nope, not once. that's your word. that you're unironically using to besmirch me and to justify yourself.
Dátum: 2023.01.25. 15:02:44
zeus76, "forced?"
Dátum: 2023.01.25. 14:37:34
not seeing the subplasma attacks is an interesting idea. that's how Beholder handles minion battles.
Dátum: 2023.01.24. 05:01:58
who's the bully?