Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - manunkind

Dátum: 2011.06.17. 04:21:16
I'm good at calculating numbers and i am always being use by accountants what am i?
Dátum: 2011.06.14. 20:13:39
war and peace has a reputation for being a really long book.
Dátum: 2011.06.09. 17:39:06
what is the national game of India? cricket is marked as correct, but the answer is field hockey. hockey is marked as incorrect. cricket may be more popular, but field hockey is the national sport.
Dátum: 2011.06.09. 16:54:30
a temporary solution, if you have a key, is to answer quiz questions each time you drop to 298 answered.
Dátum: 2011.06.08. 17:49:08
those sound reasonable.

...i suppose an argument could be made than an unripe orange is green, but that may be getting a little absurd.
Dátum: 2011.06.08. 06:15:39
what color is lobster blood? most sources indicate clear, which is not an option.
Dátum: 2011.06.08. 05:18:57
the categories need to be mutually exclusive. what's the difference between "Chronometry, noteworthy dates" and "History > > When did it happen?" wouldn't Chronometry qualify under "Mathematics > > Units of measure - mathematics?"
Dátum: 2011.06.08. 05:06:56
which of these is not orange? kiwi is listed correctly as correct, but cantaloupe is another possible correct answer if we are judging by the fruit's exterior. i'd suggest replacing it with another less confusing option.
Dátum: 2011.06.07. 17:51:41
or "In a traditional seven-color rainbow, what is the third color?"
Dátum: 2011.06.07. 02:15:49
sorry, ChaoticGemini. i realize they're not recent films, but they're both absolute classics of the genre. i highly recommend them. i imagine both answers are a little tricky to find because they are major spoilers, but obvious for anyone who has seen the films, since in both cases, they are THE ending revelation.
Dátum: 2011.06.06. 22:52:33
(i suspect ChaoticGemini fixed the planet of the apes question based on our conversation in the why did i reject a quiz question thread.)
Dátum: 2011.06.06. 00:53:25
ChaoticGemini, the big revelation at the end of the film is that soylent green is made from people. it's another iconic moment in moviemaking. imdb movie quote: "It's people. Soylent Green is made out of people. They're making our food out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle for food. You've gotta tell them. You've gotta tell them!"

re: planet of the apes. no problem. for what it's worth, wikipedia says "a strange planet in the distant future," not "a distant planet." the fact that it's earth is what gives the movie its powerful scifi message (i'm opining now). imdb movie quote: "Oh my God. I'm back. I'm home [on Earth]. All the time, it was... We finally really did it. You Maniacs! You blew it up!"
Dátum: 2011.06.05. 21:25:49
ChaoticGemini, the big revelation at the end of the film is that he has landed back on Earth in the future. he realizes this when he sees what remains of the Statue of Liberty. it's an iconic scene. an argument could be made that it's a fictional Earth, or a strange planet in the distant future, but not a distant planet.
Dátum: 2011.06.05. 20:37:43
In Planet of the Apes (1968), where does astronaut, Colonel Taylor, crash land?

it looks like the correct answer is marked as 'A planet beyond our solar system,' but it should be 'Earth.'
Dátum: 2011.06.03. 22:16:18
how about at least allowing us to 'unequip' our keys so that we aren't penalized for having purchased them?
Dátum: 2011.06.03. 20:35:20
love the feedback, stekkos. thank you. this is my favorite thread because of the high level of conversation.
Dátum: 2011.05.27. 19:27:47
In the cinema version of The Lord of the Rings, what form did the firework lit by Merry and Pippin take?

isn't that question pretty much the definition of specialized knowledge? the question is not about the plot or main characters. it's about the specific visuals of a particular movie scene.
Dátum: 2011.05.24. 18:17:03
which animal is not a rodent? bat is marked as correct, but rabbit is also a correct answer (lagomorph).
Dátum: 2011.05.20. 20:16:17
"The first humans created by God were named..." this question could be fixed by specifying the source tradition.
Dátum: 2011.05.18. 17:14:08
"How many major tectonic plates are there on the surface of the Earth?"
define "major."
wikipedia says:
"These seven plates comprise the bulk of the seven continent's and the Pacific Ocean."
so does http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_major_tectonic_plates:
"The main 7 tectonic plates around the world are: the Eurasian plate; African plate; Indo-Australian plate; Pacific plate; North American plate; South American plate; and the Antarctic plate."
but http://www.platetectonics.com/book/page_2.asp says:
"There are nine large plates and a number of smaller plates."
and http://www.blatantworld.com/feature/the_world/tectonic_plates.html:
"There are 15 major tectonic plates which cover the majority of planet Earth's landmass, and oceanic surface."
more important, none of these is listed as a possible answer.
ambiguous? i think so.