Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Cruel01

Dátum: 2011.07.30. 15:31:40
Spell 83 has Feedback 25%.
What is this?

Cruel.
Idézet: quint - 2011.07.30. 07:10:34
They do not add any individual value to any character

The problem with this argument is that there are other individual categories that do not add value to the character. High damage and high pet are VERY stupid categories that can only (and very easily) be won with a poorly constructed char.

Building and Epic Damage, on the other hand, are the core of W4.

Our clan in W4 had a monster dedicated builder who was top builder by A LOT and could have gone home empty handed if we hadn't won the world. How is that fair? Same happened to me. I had, by far, the top Epic damage and could have also gone home empty handed. As a matter of fact, Epic damage is even worse because having the highest Epic damage requires being top 5 in all the categories that matter (Abis, Skills, XP, Quiz).

Cruel.
W4 has just ended and I was surprised not to see an individual prize for top building. I could swear I had seen it in the beginning.

In any case, can someone explain why top building and top Epic damage are not individual categories? Those are simply the 2 most important things in W4.

Go figure...

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.07.26. 04:11:24
Idézet: Sbart - 2011.07.25. 19:22:03
There is no way to say from 6 (or 12) attacks if the formula is right or not. Random is random, and you might hit that particular opponent 6 times out of 6 or miss him with all 6 attacks. Neither of these results means that the formula is wrong.
One thing I miss in your comparison is clan building bonuses - If you are attacking who I think you are, these bonuses are not insignificant.

Even considering the clan buildings, I would still be at 80% considering the given formula (X=Att+Lvl-Def+50%). And with 80%, missing 5 out of 6 is almost impossible (0.15%). Missing 6 out of 6 as you suggest occurs 0.01% of the times.

About the eternal discussion on Emerald vs Ruby; It is a give and take. Maybe Emerald players are easier to develop, but when you start getting significant Soul Drain you want more Attack to capitalize on it. And I can only imagine that the Ruby bonus is actually more valuable at that point than on low levels.

Soul Drain favors Rubies. But you only drain when you hit and developing defense is easier than developing attack because armor and shield grant huge bonuses to defense. I think it is the opposite of what you said. Ruby has an advantage in the beginning. But as soon as spells become out of control, Emerald rules.
Dátum: 2011.07.25. 12:24:09
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.07.25. 04:29:10
Consider these points: His pets obviously have skills, yours do not. And they seem to be doing more damage on average than your pets. These 2 factors have nothing to do with him being emerald.

The damage from pets is almost the same. We can disregard this factor to explain the battle.

His horde helps with the marginal difference you have at IQ but also you cannot ignore the fact that regardless horde he has more of both due to item bonuses, so you are not actually compensating for any of his horde bonuses.

His IQ is better, but just by a fraction: 260 vs 256. His Thau also is better, but the discussion here is not that he shouldn't do more spell damage. He should, but not 1,000 more.

You complain about not hitting him with your high attack. Look at his defence: 330 total. Your total attack is 300. What do you expect????? And yes, defence does reduce damage, so you obviously need more strength. Btw, weapon base damage is much more effective that a few strength points more.

I was on a 300 vs 330 attacking position and I hit only 1 in 6. He was on 187 vs 356 attacking position and also hit 1 in 6. It means the formula presented below is not correct as it shows I should hit 80% and he should hit 20%. Apparently, there is bigger benefit for defense.
You say defense reduces damage, but I don't see it anywhere in the game description. It would be foolish from the programmers to add an extra feature to the stat and keep it as a secret.
Regarding weapon damage vs strength, you are mistaken. There is a multiplier to the Strength that should make it more effective than the weapon damage.

Stop making the same mistake most players here do: Emeralds do not have an unfair advantage, they just have an advantage to spell. Thats one of 7-8 combat rounds. You are ruby, crank up your gear and abilities towards that and you WILL see difference

They do have an unfair advantage. At least against Ruby because the extra damage from Ruby doesn't seem to work.
And specially when they can hit the same number of times with more than 100 points less in attack. Well, building a char with 1 less stat makes things much easier.
Regarding equipment, I have the best available.
Regarding stats, I already have 300 more than him.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.07.25. 03:34:16
If Defense also reduces damage, then the advantage that Emeralds have becomes simply ridiculous. No point in having any other horde in the game.

Lost the third in a row to that guy who has 340 less abi points than me.

My stats:
Strength: 200 (+18)
Attack: 260 (+40)
Defense: 200 (+156)
Constitution: 160 (+31)
IQ: 230 (+26)
Magic: 160 (+14)
Thaumaturgy: 157 (+7)
Luck: 131

His stats:
Strength: 140 (+2)
Attack: 170 (+17)
Defense: 220 (+110)
Constitution: 90 (+12)
IQ: 201 (+59)
Magic: 75 (+48)
Thaumaturgy: 140 (+48)
Luck: 121

The battle:
Your opponent was resting. This will be a difficult fight! Your trained pets, a level 82 Renegade galetki, a level 76 Vyarg fighter, a level 69 Ogre and Easter bunny from hell, a level 66 easter wererabbit are fighting in this battle on your behalf. The trained pets of ???, a level 51 Kinetic morph, a level 51 Energy spirit, a level 51 Mindtoaster and a level 46 Mummy are assisting their master in this battle. As you see each other you begin to run.
Your lips move silently, forming the cataclysm incantation. (-205 SP). You deal 895 damage. Your opponent's pets lose 28 hit points.
You regenerate 12 hit points.??? casts a(n) cataclysm spell on you. He deals 1762 damage. Your pets lose 476 hit points.
You try a quick attack at the direction of your opponent. Your opponent parries. Renegade galetki, Vyarg fighter, Ogre and Easter bunny from hell are also leaping to your opponent. With 3 attacks they caused 137 damage.
You regenerate 12 hit points.
??? targets your torso with the Doomsblade. His hit has missed you! Kinetic morph, Energy spirit, Mindtoaster and Mummy are also leaping to you. With 4 attacks they caused 37 damage. Critical damage! Your pets lose 85 hit points.
Gripping your weapon you initiate a a devastating blow. Your weapon bounces harmlessly off the armor of ???. Renegade galetki, Vyarg fighter, Ogre and Easter bunny from hell are also attacking. With 4 attacks they caused 68 damage.
??? targets your torso with the Doomsblade. His hit has missed you! Kinetic morph, Energy spirit, Mindtoaster and Mummy are attacking with a snarl. With 3 attacks they caused 114 damage. Critical damage! Your pets lose 85 hit points.
Gripping your weapon you initiate a a devastating blow. You miss your target! Renegade galetki, Vyarg fighter, Ogre and Easter bunny from hell attacks with a snarl. From 4 attacks, 100 damage!
??? strikes you with Doomsblade snarling. You lean elegantly over from the hit. Kinetic morph, Energy spirit, Mindtoaster and Mummy are also leaping to you. From 4 attacks, 127 damage! Your pets lose 85 hit points.
You strike with your Vampiric dagger. Your opponent parries. Renegade galetki, Vyarg fighter, Ogre and Easter bunny from hell attacks with a snarl. With 4 attacks they caused 217 damage.
??? strikes you with Doomsblade snarling. He strikes you for 94 damage. Your opponent drains soul-energy from you! (-7 soul-energy) Your pets lose 16 hit points. Kinetic morph, Energy spirit, Mindtoaster and Mummy are also attacking you. From 4 attacks, 92 damage! Your pets lose 85 hit points.
You try a quick attack at the direction of your opponent. You deal 50 damage. You drain soul-energy from your opponent! (+4 soul-energy) Your opponent's pets lose 1 hit points. Renegade galetki, Vyarg fighter, Ogre and Easter bunny from hell are also attacking. With 4 attacks they caused 47 damage.
??? is rolling over then springs up to attack you from the side. His hit has missed you! Kinetic morph, Energy spirit, Mindtoaster and Mummy are also attacking. With 3 attacks they caused 139 damage. Critical damage! Your pets lose 85 hit points.
You take all your strength into the hit as you are swooping with your Vampiric dagger. Your opponent parries. Renegade galetki, Vyarg fighter, Ogre and Easter bunny from hell attacks with a snarl. By their 2 attacks they deal 39 damage.
??? is rolling over then springs up to attack you from the side. You lean elegantly over from the hit. Kinetic morph, Energy spirit, Mindtoaster and Mummy are also leaping to you. With 3 attacks they caused 178 damage. Your pets lose 85 hit points.
In this battle you have dealt a total of 1553 damage and have taken 2543 damage.

Note that each one of us hits only once and I am attacking at 300 x 330 (considering 10% from rest on the whole stat and not only the base) while he is attacking at 187 x 356. And he does more damage than me His weapon has +22 av. damage, but my average strength is 38 higher, my pets have higher absorption and I am ruby, which in theory should grant me more damage.

Finally, he does 1,000 more spell damage with minimal advantage in stats.

Bottom line is: this game is made for the Emerald horde.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.07.24. 02:22:58
To add to the discussion.

Just lost a duel in W2 (second in a row to the same guy).
I have 332 more points in abis, even though he has more skills.
But one particular thing caught my attention.
I hit him 2x, with the following damages: 143 and 100.
My weapon has the following damage: 90-267. My strength is 218. His absorption is 29. His pets are lvl 50.
Tell me about random...

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.07.23. 15:08:26
How about this fight I had in W4?

The guy had 41 Att and 95 Def (105 resting).
I had 130 and 176 respectively.
And yet, I would hit him only once or twice and he would hit me in more rounds or at least the same number of rounds. Then he would win with the spell.

How the hell is it possible that on a 41 x 176, he can hit me the same as I hit him on a 130 x 105?

I really don't like the facts that the formulas in DL are not disclosed.

Cruel.
I am fully aware that some people like the quiz and could leave the game if it was removed.
But, once again, I am willing to bet that the number of people leaving would be much lower than the number of people joining.
As a matter of fact, most people find the quiz uninteresting and very time consuming. And even the people who like to answer questions get very frustrated with wrong questions and losing "question points" with unfair rejections. Even though I admit these problems have been reduced considerably under your and CG's (sorry if I missed someone) quiz administration.

Cruel.
If the point is giving feedback, I will reinforce Martin's comments (as I have already said many times here in the forum).
The questions are a big downside of this game.
I willing to bet $1,000 that if the questions are removed, the number of players will increase drastically.

Cruel.
Ox,
There was no Map Event in W4.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.07.20. 01:21:34
I don't know how it works, but it is not like this.
I have a pretty decent Critical and the pets always do Critical on me.
Maybe it is pets vs pets.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.07.18. 00:25:38
Thank you eukar.

I didn't know there was such thing as a maximum amount of DG items.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.07.17. 16:29:02
I have a "Destroyed Relic" in my inventory.
What the heck is this?

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.07.15. 23:32:44
I couldn't agree more quint.
If the goal is to make it random (as it was done), it is better to spare us of the "competition" and just announce the winners in the forum.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.07.15. 16:42:03
baggybag,

For you it was easier because +3% spec. was last place for 80% of the event. It was a very easy decision. At the end of the day, you just got lucky. The +3% spec. team could be fighting for the leadership the whole time and you wouldn't have switched 10 days ago.
My team (Trade) was fighting for the leadership the whole time. Leaving and getting a -60 to the team was not very wise.
Last night, when I went to sleep, Trade was in second, with 42 players. This morning, when I woke up 10 minutes before the deadline, we still had 42 players, but we were more than 100 map points behind. Someone like you left and someone with lots of map points (and no brain!!!) joined.
The point here is not people with a good strategy (like you) will receive a benefit. I am all for rewarding top players, as I said before. The point is that a lousy player can simply collect 11 map points and switch to the leading team in the last day.
I can guarantee that if this event comes up next time with the same stupid rule, I will bring my APs to 0 before the event starts and stop hunting during the event. My goal will be to collect as little map points as possible and switch in the last day.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.07.15. 12:02:32
I was thinking about changing teams in the last minute because someone very "wise", full of map points, moved to my team in the last minute simply taking us out of the competition, and then I realized something that made me feel disgusted. My 70 map points, instead of being something good, are a burden to me. I would be better off if I had only 11 points because I could switch teams without compromising the first position of my new team.
It means that being a lousy player is better than being a good player.
THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!
I AM REALLY MAD!!!

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.07.15. 00:39:59
Miklos,

As Inv_ pointed out (and you seem to acknowledge in your message), the system was great until the last days, when some people, who apparently had difficulty to understand how the system works, decided to start changing teams. My team (Marietta) jumped from first/second to last in a heart beat. And we were way behind. Now, someone else left the team and we are in third, with a real chance of fighting for better prizes. It is all very random.

I think individual performance should have higher weight. I have 67 map events and I risk getting only the +1 item. It makes no sense to me. I would prefer a system where the top 25% map piece finders in each team would get the +3 reward for that team. The top 25%-50% would get the +2. The top 50%-75%, the +1. The 75%-90%, the Medal. And the 90%-100%, nothing. This is a fair formula. It is unacceptable that a lousy player can get a +3 item just because he was lucky enough to join a good team, while an outstanding player gets the +1 because he was unlucky to choose a bad team. Outstanding players must be compensated!

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.07.12. 03:01:10
6 days and counting.

Cruel.
Dátum: 2011.07.11. 02:17:10
July 05. 04:54 Congratulations, you are level 40 now!

Adventures still don't work in W4.
5 days and counting.

Cruel.