Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Wtfakkeltje

Oldal: 12
Dátum: 2015.07.23. 11:01:19
About the Horde wars 2 July - 23 July:
I checked yesterday and the end time should be 2:00 pm (14:00), right? Then how come I cannot attack anymore even if there was more than an hour left? Did I miss something? I was going to do a few more attacks to get a higher award, but now I cannot.
Dátum: 2013.02.22. 13:23:41
Which statement is true about a cell phone in direct contact with your ears?
- There is no data collected by cell phone companies suggesting there is a danger, only a possibility
- According to warnings on cell phone manuals radiation lvls decrease when held 2-4cm from ear
- Radiation can pass through your brain disrupting MDNA (messenger DNA) production
- All answers are correct

The first answer is an unclear sentence: there is no data collected, only a possibility? What does that mean?
"lvls" is not a word (yes, I know it means "levels").
And finally, can somebody explain to me what messenger DNA is? Is it articficially synthesised DNA that is used as some kind of text message? Is it a kind of T-DNA? Is it viral DNA that is transferred to a host and therefore works as a kind of message? I have never heard of this term "MDNA", the only information I can find about it is this scientific paper: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cbf.1074/pdf
The only way I can think of to answer this question correctly is to put your bets on the "all of the answers" option, because this option is often not included for nothing.
Dátum: 2012.11.02. 16:13:49
How much kilobyte is one megabyte?

A megabyte is (also) 1000 kB. When using "SI decimal prefixes", mega means 10^6 and kilo is 10^3. Moreover, there is a special term to refer to 1024 kB, called "mebibyte". Let me use some wikipedia quotes to support my argument:

Megabyte
Definition
The term "megabyte" is commonly used to mean either 1000^2 bytes or 1024^2 bytes.
By the end of 2007, standards and government authorities including IEC, IEEE, EU, and NIST proposed standards for binary prefixes and requiring the use of megabyte to strictly denote 1000^2 bytes and mebibyte to denote 1024^2 bytes.

Mebibyte
Definition
1 MiB = 220 bytes = 1024 kibibytes = 1048576bytes

The prefix mebi is a binary prefix derived from the words mega and binary, indicating its origin in the closeness in value to the SI prefix mega. One mebibyte (MiB) is 220 (i.e., 1024 x 1024) bytes, or 1048576bytes. One MiB differs from one megabyte (MB), which means 106 (i.e. 1000 x 1000 = 1000000bytes).

So, there you have it. The answer should be 1000.
Dátum: 2012.04.20. 13:28:11
What is the occupation Steve Jobs?
CEO of Apple Inc.
writer
3-D animator
manager of Microsoft

This question is a bit outdated.
Dátum: 2012.02.21. 18:34:54
Idézet: Sbart - 2012.02.10. 10:49:07
What is the aroma of the alcohol?
I'm feed up with the quiz. There are so many bad questions that just pass through that it is unbelievable.

I get the same feeling when I get wrong questions over and over. One of those questions is this one:

The name of the Hoplite soldiers comes from which piece of their equipment?
Helmet
Breastplate
Shield
Spear

I have already said this is wrong, but it seems that I'm not taken seriously on this one or so. "Hoplite" is derived from "oplon" or "hoplon", which means "weapon" or "heavily armed". (Hoplites were heavily armed warriors.) A shield, however, was called "aspis".
(see also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspis , which may still not be completely clear and in accordance with my explanation. But I think this is a more usable piece of English information that could be used to correct this question.)
The German wikipedia supports my opinion on this question, it says for "Hoplit":
"(altgriechisch ὁπλίτης hoplítēs von ὅπλον hóplon ‚Kriegsgerät, schwere Waffen, schwere Rüstung, Schwerbewaffnete‘)"
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoplit
Oh, and the French page also seems to support me, by "Cependant, Thucydide est le seul auteur classique à utiliser hoplon pour désigner le bouclier, les autres auteurs utilisant aspis. Cette étymologie a donc été contestée : le mot viendrait plutôt du pluriel τά ὅπλα / tá hópla, qui recouvre l'ensemble des armes et de l'armure."

I hope you understand it now.
Dátum: 2011.12.26. 12:54:42
Why can't anything travel faster than the speed of light?
The faster it travels the greater its mass becomes. At the speed of light the mass is infinite.
The question is false, something is possible to travel faster than the light
Becase there is not enough energy in the universe to accelarate something to that speed.
Because there wasn't enough time (during universe life) to accelarate something to that speed.

It seems that this question is no longer true.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/nov/18/neutrinos-still-faster-than-light

Or have I missed the latest news considering this subject?
Dátum: 2011.11.28. 15:26:39
The country that accounts for nearly one third of the total teak production of the world is?
Brasil
Myanmar
China
Zambia

And here's another double question. I got this one twice on the same series of hunts. Again, an easy way to get correct answers, but it doesn't seem fair.
I don't know exactly how the other version is written, unfortunately.

edit: I found the other one:
Which country produces one third of the total Teak (wood) production of the world?
Ecuador
Thailand
Myanmar
Bolivia
Dátum: 2011.11.08. 12:48:44
This question is not wrong, but it is double:

What color do you get when you mix yellow and blue paints?
green
purple
orange
brown

I get it quite often and there's 2 different variations. There's also another one that's double, but I forgot to copy it when I came across it. (I've gotten that question twice in a row, it was kind of odd to answer the (more or less) exact same question twice.)
Dátum: 2011.11.06. 16:19:46
I've got two questions this time.

How many petals are on a lucky clover?

With clovers, you do not look at the petals. Petals are the "leaves" of flowers. Have you ever seen flowers on a lucky clover? (Yes, clovers do have flowers, but you probably don't notice them unless you know they are there.) I suggest you change "petals" to "leaflets" (one group of leaflets is a leaf).

What do the French Appellation d'Origin Controlee laws regulate ?
Bread
Beer
Spices
Wine

First, there's a typo/spelling error. It should be "Appellation d’origine contrôlée". And second, it regulates not only wine, but also cheese, lavender, honey, mustard and more.
Dátum: 2011.11.04. 14:07:03
A Samurai's 'Soul' is said to be inside his.. ?
Mind
Horse
Heart
Sword

And here's another one that is not true. Well, it has been said (also by the writer of this question), but I still disagree.
This time I'll quote http://www.samurai-archives.com/sts.html .

Tokugawa Ieyasu's famous remark that the sword was the 'soul of the samurai' should not be taken at face value.
(...) the sword during these times was definitely not the 'soul of the samurai' as put by Ieyasu, but a back-up weapon of comparatively little battlefield or civilian importance

I don't have time to read the full article and find a good correction for this question, but I just don't agree with it.
Dátum: 2011.11.03. 19:48:26
What sort of weapon is a Japanese Shuriken?
A throwing star
A knife
A noose
A sword

I don't agree on this one. I'll quote wikipedia to explain why.
A shuriken (Japanese 手裏剣; literally: "sword hidden in the hand") is a traditional Japanese concealed weapon that was generally used for throwing, and sometimes stabbing or slashing. They are sharpened hand-held blades made from a variety of everyday items such as needles, nails, and knives, as well as coins, washers, and other flat plates of metal.

Shuriken are commonly known in the West as "throwing stars", "ninja stars" or inaccurately as "Chinese stars", though they took many different shapes and designs during the time they were used.

So it means "sword" and it is not always star-shaped.
Dátum: 2011.10.27. 17:24:17
What is the English word for the Italian 'Ciao'?
Hello
Sorry
Excuse me
Good morning

Yes, Italians use "ciao" as hello. But they also use it when they leave. Have you ever heard someone say "hello" as he left? (I sometimes do. )
Google translates "ciao" as:
hello
hi
bye
bye-bye
hallo
so long
cheerio
hullo

I would say "hello" is not the English word for "ciao". I think it would be better if this is changed to "hello/bye" or something like that. Or "how could you translate ciao?". Or... "An Italian person comes to you and says "Ciao!". What does he mean?"
Dátum: 2011.10.20. 12:17:37
What's the PLC?
Portable Loader Console
Protocol to Logic Communication
Programmable Logic Controller
ProLogic Consultation

This is what pops up first when you google "plc", but the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear PLC is phospholipase C. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phospholipase_C) So I wouldn't say "Programmable Logic Controller" is the PLC. Also, the other options can be abbreviated as "PLC" as well, and could therefore be considered a PLC.
Dátum: 2011.10.19. 10:24:12
What color cursor do all computers start out with?
white
black
grey
rainbow colors

I'm not too sure about this one. I know there's Operating Systems (OS) that use a black cursor as default, but they may need to be installed by the user first, so the computer does not "start out with" the black cursor. Can anybody help with this one? Does anybody know an example of a computer that has a different cursor by default?
Dátum: 2011.09.22. 17:02:40
Which country? "The land of Saunas, Santa Claus and Thousands of lakes,"?
Finland
Usa
China
Sweden

First of all, Santa Claus is fake. It's Sinterklaas. And about Santa, wikipedia says this:
According to a tradition which can be traced to the 1820s, Santa Claus lives at the North Pole, with a large number of magical elves, and nine (originally eight) flying reindeer.

Second, saunas can be anywhere. I just googled "land of saunas" and I get results such as: Slovenia, Minnesota, Estonia, Finland, Belgium.
Only the thing about the lakes seems to be true. Wikipedia says this about the lakes:
Finland is known as The Land of the Thousand Lakes, (actually there are 187888 lakes in Finland, of which 60000 are large)

So I think it would be better to just ask about the lakes and forget about the rest.
Dátum: 2011.08.01. 10:04:36
What TWO species of animals have domesticated animals?
Humans and Ants
Humans and Primates
Humans and Spiders
Humans and Dogs

I cannot fully agree on this one, for several reasons. The first reason is that humans are primates, so in the answer "humans and primates" "humans" seems superfluous. The second is that I've seen a documentary or something in which baboons were shown that kept guard dogs (I think that was somewhere in South America).
Besides, I've looked it up with google and found this:
http://primatology.net/2010/07/05/do-animals-keep-pets/
This article states:
The author believes that humans are “true” pet owners because the owner-pet relationship occurs in a natural setting and argues that animal pet owners are not “true” pet owners because they do so in captive or semi-captive settings. Thus, Herzog believes that humans are the only animals that keep pets.

However, I do think I remember hearing something about ants that keep domesticated animals. (Unfortunately I cannot remember what kind of animal they kept.) But when I tried to look up "ant with pet", I couldn't find anything relevant.
Oh, now I've found it! Here it says:
Some ants keep "cows," and even build tiny barns of leaves for them. The cows are aphids, or plant lice. The ants milk the cows by stroking them on their backs with their antennae, giving them a sweet, clear milk called honeydew.

http://www.homeschoolgazette.org/FlabFacts.html
That is what I've heard. They keep aphids and collect the (honey)dew from their backs.

I'm convinced about the ants again, but I think primates should be correct as well, because they somtimes seem to keep pets, too. (Even though that primatology.net says that monkeys are not "true pet owners".)
Dátum: 2011.07.30. 17:27:11
Stalin is the russian word for...
Steel
Wolf
Evil
Ice

My Russian is not that good, but I've heard Stalin means "Steel man" or "Man of steel" rather than just "steel". Can anybody help me on this one?
Dátum: 2011.07.21. 13:10:58
What two chemical elements, each deadly by itself, when combined are necessary for life?
Sodium and Chlorine
Fluorine and Sodium
Chlorine and Fluorine
Chlorine and Plutonium

I've found this information on the internet:
Understanding Salt and Sodium

By ANN LOUISE GITTLEMAN, N.D., M.S.

SODIUM IS ESSENTIAL TO LIFE.

Sodium is so important, in fact, that humans have a specific sensor on the tongue that can detect salt.

But I've also found this:
Additional mineral nutrient elements which are beneficial to plants but not necessarily essential include sodium, cobalt, vanadium, nickel, selenium, aluminum and silicon.
http://www.cartage.org.lb/en/themes/Sciences/BotanicalSciences/PlantHormones/ EssentialPlant/EssentialPlant.htm

Sodium is not essential to any life form. Also, I doubt chlorine is necessary for life. Besides, each and every element is deadly, so that part doesn't add any value to the question.
My overall conclusion is: nice try, I like this kind of questions, but this one just isn't correct.
Dátum: 2011.06.27. 18:43:18
Which of these characters does NOT appear in the game Diablo II ?
Barbarian
Rogue
Sorceress
Paladin

Rogue is not a playable class, but rogues do appear in Diablo II! The very start of the game is at the "Rogue Encampment". So I'd say the people in the encampment are rogues --> rogues appear in Diablo II.
The question would be correct if it was about playable classes rather than appearance.
Dátum: 2011.06.23. 17:45:58
Which of these is poisonous?
Iron
Mercury
Titanium
Hydrogen

Obviously, you wouldn't want to be drinking mercury. But I'm sure the other options would do pretty much the same thing to you if you ingest them.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
-Philippus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim
Oldal: 12