Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
3121. hozzászólás - 2011.07.23. 11:54:46 (Válasz MartinBV #3114 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: MartinBV - 2011.07.22. 10:47:34

Which planet is the brightest object in the sky?
Venus
Jupiter <- marked as correct
Earth
Mars

That would be after the sun and the moon

One back at you, Martin. The sun and moon do not qualify as answers as the question specifies planets! Stars and satellites do not, therefore, qualify!
Pontszám: 5
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3122. hozzászólás - 2011.07.23. 15:23:10 (Válasz FriendlyCheese #3121 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2011.07.23. 11:54:46
Idézet: MartinBV - 2011.07.22. 10:47:34

Which planet is the brightest object in the sky?
Venus <- Edit: this is marked as correct not Jupiter
Jupiter
Earth
Mars

That would be after the sun and the moon

One back at you, Martin. The sun and moon do not qualify as answers as the question specifies planets! Stars and satellites do not, therefore, qualify!
Well my complaint was that the question specifies that the brightest object in the sky is a planet, which is not the case. But from the available choises there is no doubth about the answer.
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3123. hozzászólás - 2011.07.24. 12:02:12
Who wrote the "Dragonriders of Pern" series of books?
Anne Mcaffrey <--------- correct answer
Mercedes Lackey
Terry Brooks
Terry Pratchett

spelling : should be Anne McCaffrey
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3124. hozzászólás - 2011.07.24. 22:35:53
What is known as the "Light Year"?
1 year
Light's age
10 years
The distance travelled by light in 1 year

I think this should be "a light year" and nor "the Light year". The later implies that it is a specific light year that is asked about.
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3125. hozzászólás - 2011.07.25. 09:15:21
What is another name for a Pepino fruit ?
Cantalope
Papaya
Honeydew
Treemelon <----- given as correct

It is known as pepino dulce ("sweet pepino") or simply pepino; the latter is also used for similar species such as "S. mucronatum" (which actually seems to belong in the related genus Lycianthes). The pepino dulce fruit resembles a melon (Cucumis melo) in color, and its' flavor recalls a succulent mixture of honeydew and cucumber, and thus it is also sometimes called pepino melon or melon pear, but pepinos are only very distantly related to melons and pears. Another common name, "tree melon", is more often used for the Papaya (Carica papaya) and the pepino dulce plant does generally not look much like a tree.
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3126. hozzászólás - 2011.07.25. 09:18:11
What animal is taller, if it is standing on its hind legs?
a rat
a bear
a cat
a dog

How did this get through? All of them are taller if standing on their hind legs.

The question needs to be re-written if it is asking which of these animals is the tallest when standing on their hind legs. More specific please.
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3127. hozzászólás - 2011.07.25. 09:29:39
Which is considered "The Champagne of Beers"?
Becks
Keystone Ice
Miller High Life
Budweiser

Please remove this nonsense!!!

It is NOT considered as this at all. It is ADVERTISED as it.

You would not accept a question that asked "What is 'The Real Thing'" giving Coca Cola, Christianity, A horse and Cheese as answers. Just becaue an advertiser says something it does not make it a considered opinion.

People who really know beer generally consider some of the better Belgian beers as "The Champagne of Beers"
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3128. hozzászólás - 2011.07.26. 16:39:38
What is the color of something new in this game?
Purple
Yellow <- marked as correct
Orange
Green

No! yellow is the colour of unread combat reports, red buttons on the other hand, denotes pages where there is something new.
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3129. hozzászólás - 2011.07.27. 09:58:13
Just had the question: "Which is NOT a tale from the Brothers Grimm"

Entered 'Cinderella' as has been explained often before on this forum, this tale dates back to 5000BC so cannot be by them.

Surprise! That seems to be wrong!

It isn't. Please change this question.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3130. hozzászólás - 2011.07.27. 16:26:13
the brothers grimm wrote their versions of many traditional oral tales. i'm not aware of any that they wrote from scratch.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3131. hozzászólás - 2011.07.27. 17:39:52
which was not on a map of europe in 1888?

correct answer listed as Poland, but Austria (listed as incorrect) was known as Austria–Hungary at that time.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3132. hozzászólás - 2011.07.27. 17:45:09
What is the 'com' in an Internet address .com short for?

wikipedia says commercial not commerce.
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3133. hozzászólás - 2011.07.28. 10:46:14
What pattern is typically associated with Scottish kilts?
Plaid
Polka Dots
Argyle
Stripes

Whilst plaid is acceptable as the answer, most people would refer to it as Tartan.

Who has invented the dynamo?
Alexander Graham Bell
Teller Ede
Jedlik Ányos <------ given as correct
Julius Robert Oppenheimer

Google this and every site for ages states it was Michael Faraday.

The part of North America which is farthest from the ocean in any direction lies in which state?
Nebraska
Kansas
North Dakota <- given as correct
Colorado

Out of interest, what about Canada? Looks like Manitoba would be further than the others, Given Hudson Bay is not an ocean.

Who designed the first fully implantable pacemaker?
Jean Fabré
Elliot Michaels
Antonio Mosso
Rune Elmqvist <-- given as correct

There are so many claims to this that do not appear on this list!
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3134. hozzászólás - 2011.07.29. 07:56:05 (Válasz FriendlyCheese #3133 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: FriendlyCheese - 2011.07.28. 10:46:14

The part of North America which is farthest from the ocean in any direction lies in which state?
Nebraska
Kansas
North Dakota <- given as correct
Colorado

This is almost right with Canada, but it actually needs to b a tad further south.

Fastest reference: Wikipedia page on Pole of inaccessibility. "In North America, the continental pole of inaccessibility is in southwest South Dakota between Kyle and Allen, located 1650 km (1024 mi) from the nearest coastline at 43.36°N 101.97°W." They cite their source as an article of extreme places of the earth from the Scottish Geographical Journal.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3135. hozzászólás - 2011.07.30. 08:26:01
Anne McCaffrey seplling fixed

Light year fixed as proposed

Pepino q removed. Couldnt find a way to fix it

Taller is now tallest

Beers q: Changed considered to advertised as

New in game q: Removed yellow and added red as the correct answer

Replaced AGAIN Cinderella with Frog prince. Hopefully this time it stays!

Austria changed to England

.com q answer is now commercial

True about Tartan but since the question is not incorrect as it is, and tartan is not also an answer, no need to change it

Already discussed this:
3058. post - 2011.07.09. 07:18:30 Dynamo q: I found this----> "The first electric generator was invented by Michael Faraday in 1831, a copper disk that rotated between the poles of a magnet. This was not a dynamo because it did not use a commutator." So i guess he layed the ground work for it but did not actually invent it. But list any sources you feel prove otherwise

Skipping Furthest from ocean due to CG answer

The answer given at pacemaker q is the person credited for designing the first ever fully implanted one. What other list you are reffering to?
much likedWtfakkeltjeFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
35 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3136. hozzászólás - 2011.07.30. 17:27:11
Stalin is the russian word for...
Steel
Wolf
Evil
Ice

My Russian is not that good, but I've heard Stalin means "Steel man" or "Man of steel" rather than just "steel". Can anybody help me on this one?
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3137. hozzászólás - 2011.07.31. 05:44:30 (Válasz Wtfakkeltje #3136 hozzászólására.)
Wikipedia says: He eventually adopted the name "Stalin", from the Russian word for steel, which he used as an alias and pen name in his published works.

If someone feels this is wrong info, please explain.
averageDuke
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3138. hozzászólás - 2011.07.31. 17:24:53
spelling is incorrect look closely

If your Gransfather was described as "the best sawbones in town". What was his occupation?
Carpenter
Doctor
Weaver
Butcher
much likedWtfakkeltjeFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
35 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3139. hozzászólás - 2011.08.01. 10:04:36
What TWO species of animals have domesticated animals?
Humans and Ants
Humans and Primates
Humans and Spiders
Humans and Dogs

I cannot fully agree on this one, for several reasons. The first reason is that humans are primates, so in the answer "humans and primates" "humans" seems superfluous. The second is that I've seen a documentary or something in which baboons were shown that kept guard dogs (I think that was somewhere in South America).
Besides, I've looked it up with google and found this:
http://primatology.net/2010/07/05/do-animals-keep-pets/
This article states:
The author believes that humans are “true” pet owners because the owner-pet relationship occurs in a natural setting and argues that animal pet owners are not “true” pet owners because they do so in captive or semi-captive settings. Thus, Herzog believes that humans are the only animals that keep pets.

However, I do think I remember hearing something about ants that keep domesticated animals. (Unfortunately I cannot remember what kind of animal they kept.) But when I tried to look up "ant with pet", I couldn't find anything relevant.
Oh, now I've found it! Here it says:
Some ants keep "cows," and even build tiny barns of leaves for them. The cows are aphids, or plant lice. The ants milk the cows by stroking them on their backs with their antennae, giving them a sweet, clear milk called honeydew.

http://www.homeschoolgazette.org/FlabFacts.html
That is what I've heard. They keep aphids and collect the (honey)dew from their backs.

I'm convinced about the ants again, but I think primates should be correct as well, because they somtimes seem to keep pets, too. (Even though that primatology.net says that monkeys are not "true pet owners".)
popularFriendlyCheese
Végzetúr poronty
239 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3140. hozzászólás - 2011.08.01. 11:02:48
Where do "the mome raths outgrabe"?
Middle Earth
Metropolis
Oz
Wonderland

The poem appears in 'Alice through the looking-glass', NOT in 'Alice in Wonderland'

Also, the poem does not state where it is set so none of the answers are correct.

The question might read: In which of these countries does the poem including the line... get spoken but then Wonderland would still be incorrect.
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője