Topic neve: Quiz errors
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
3221. hozzászólás - 2011.09.23. 05:11:31
What does UPS mean?

besides the ambiguity, United Parcel Service is marked as incorrect.
Pontszám: 5
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3222. hozzászólás - 2011.09.23. 18:51:57
What is not accurate in the expression "shooting star"?

confusing phrasing of the question. what they are looking for is an accurate explanation of "shooting star," but the question makes it sounds like they are looking for an inaccurate explanation.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3223. hozzászólás - 2011.09.23. 19:08:54
Except from fire, acid or other similar chemicals what else can cause a burn?

extreme cold is marked as correct, but additionally, intense wind (another answer) causes what is known as "wind burn."
Pontszám: 3.50
much likedVyasaFérfi
Global Moderátor
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3224. hozzászólás - 2011.10.02. 19:53:09 (Válasz manunkind #3223 hozzászólására.)
In the case of windburn wind only helps burning by removing a defense part of the skin and irritating it, the original cause of the burning is the sun.

Other problems are sent for correction.
Pontszám: 7.50
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3225. hozzászólás - 2011.10.07. 04:05:56
Ok, i am sorry i was inactive but apparently the problem i had with the database was because they were translating it in english!! So now i have access and i can actually read the menus. Thank you, whoever you did this
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3226. hozzászólás - 2011.10.08. 05:07:42
Who fought Achilles q can be accepted because Paris did not fight him. Just hid and shoot the arrow, no combat between them.

Argentina bird q correct answer changed to Rufous Hornero. Red Ovenbird is the English name as CG said, but to avoid more confusion i changed it.

Glassblowing q dates spaced 50 - 500

Savate is a martial art, but calling it a sport is wrong? Please explain why

Australia q was discussed again, discovered means first western explorer that found it.

Finland q: Wtfakkeltje has a valid point. But the strange thing is that if i search the WHOLE description in the question, only Finland comes up. Seems Finland is known as the question suggests, even if each characteristic taken individually can refer to many other countries.

Troll culture q removed

UPS q cannot be found in the database

Shooting star q is ok. I get what you mean, and you are correct: The q IS looking for the inaccurate part of the phrase. The trick is that you need to seperate which is the answer with only the PROPER innacurate part in it.

Wind Burn q, Vyasa is correct, here is the quote from wiki: "Windburn is a common term for sunburn accelerated by the effects of wind removing the UV-filtering thin layer of lipids from the skin and irritation caused by the wind. Although colloquially named 'windburn', scientists discovered that the condition is, in fact, the result of sun exposure, and not simply the result of exposure to the wind"
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3227. hozzászólás - 2011.10.10. 17:18:48
"Who is not actor?"

the word "an" is missing, and the answer marked as correct, Elton John, is not entirely true (Tommy, SNL, etc.). adding "primarily" would solve the problem.
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3228. hozzászólás - 2011.10.10. 17:34:43
which is not a musical?

hitchiker's guide to the galaxy is listed as correct, and while best known as a book, it wasn't hard to find that the cult phenomenon has indeed also been a musical:

The third, and least successful stage show was held at the Rainbow Theatre in London, in July 1980. This was the second production directed by Ken Campbell. The Rainbow Theatre had been adapted for stagings of rock operas in the 1970s, and both reference books mentioned in footnotes indicate that this, coupled with incidental music throughout the performance, caused some reviewers to label it as a "musical". This was the first adaptation for which Adams wrote the "Dish of the Day" sequence. The production ran for over three hours, and was widely panned for this, as well as for the music, laser effects, and the acting. Despite attempts to shorten the script, and make other changes, it closed three or four weeks early (accounts differ), and lost a lot of money. Despite the bad reviews, there were at least two stand-out performances: Michael Cule and David Learner both went on from this production to appearances in the TV adaptation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hitchhiker%27s_Guide_to_the_Galaxy
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3229. hozzászólás - 2011.10.17. 09:47:56
Theoretically, what is the lowest possible temperature?
-273f
0c
-100f
-273c

Badly written answers. f and c are not terms used for denoting temperature (c is the speed of light in vacuum in normal physics notation and f is frequency). Could someone please change it to °C, and °F?
The answer is also not exactly wrong, but slightly inaccurate.
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3230. hozzászólás - 2011.10.17. 10:29:43
Which is not a WARNER BROS movie?
Terminator salvation
Shutter island
Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone
Watchman

While it is true that Shutter Island was not distributed by Warner bros, neither was the 1986 movie Watchman (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1325670/). Maybe it should be Watchmen (2009)?
much likedVyasaFérfi
Global Moderátor
109 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3231. hozzászólás - 2011.10.17. 11:44:19
Latest posts are sent for correction!
much likedWtfakkeltjeFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
35 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3232. hozzászólás - 2011.10.19. 10:24:12
What color cursor do all computers start out with?
white
black
grey
rainbow colors

I'm not too sure about this one. I know there's Operating Systems (OS) that use a black cursor as default, but they may need to be installed by the user first, so the computer does not "start out with" the black cursor. Can anybody help with this one? Does anybody know an example of a computer that has a different cursor by default?
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3233. hozzászólás - 2011.10.19. 21:31:43 (Válasz Wtfakkeltje #3232 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Wtfakkeltje - 2011.10.19. 10:24:12
What color cursor do all computers start out with?
white
black
grey
rainbow colors

Older computers had green or amber terminals. I'm sure someone is still using them, but in the interest of accuracy, I changed the question to "What color cursor do most computers start out with?"
Végzetúr poronty
35 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3234. hozzászólás - 2011.10.20. 12:17:37
What's the PLC?
Portable Loader Console
Protocol to Logic Communication
Programmable Logic Controller
ProLogic Consultation

This is what pops up first when you google "plc", but the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear PLC is phospholipase C. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phospholipase_C) So I wouldn't say "Programmable Logic Controller" is the PLC. Also, the other options can be abbreviated as "PLC" as well, and could therefore be considered a PLC.
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3235. hozzászólás - 2011.10.20. 12:38:46 (Válasz Wtfakkeltje #3234 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Wtfakkeltje - 2011.10.20. 12:17:37
What's the PLC?
Portable Loader Console
Protocol to Logic Communication
Programmable Logic Controller
ProLogic Consultation

This is what pops up first when you google "plc", but the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear PLC is phospholipase C. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phospholipase_C) So I wouldn't say "Programmable Logic Controller" is the PLC. Also, the other options can be abbreviated as "PLC" as well, and could therefore be considered a PLC.

Which is why a question about an abbreviation without a context should not be approved, since many abbreviations can have different meanings depending on context.
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3236. hozzászólás - 2011.10.23. 13:53:54
What is the greenhouse effect?
The ozon layer gets thinner from CFC pollution and more harmfull rays reach Earth
Sulphiric acid from factories makes acid rain that kills plants
Radiation leaks make plants mutate and grow bigger than normal
Carbon dioxide increase in the atmosphere increases the temperature of the Earth

Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas, not the greenhouse gas. Also, this is an example of the greenhouse effect, the greenhouse effect is also present in for example, greenhouses, where it is used to have a higher temperature than outside to grow vegetables.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_effect
A hozzászólást Sbart módosította 2011.10.23. 13:54:26-kor
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3237. hozzászólás - 2011.10.25. 18:23:20
Which one is only herbivore and not an omnivore?

aren't cats CARNivorous by nature?
Végzetúr poronty
35 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3238. hozzászólás - 2011.10.27. 17:24:17
What is the English word for the Italian 'Ciao'?
Hello
Sorry
Excuse me
Good morning

Yes, Italians use "ciao" as hello. But they also use it when they leave. Have you ever heard someone say "hello" as he left? (I sometimes do. )
Google translates "ciao" as:
hello
hi
bye
bye-bye
hallo
so long
cheerio
hullo

I would say "hello" is not the English word for "ciao". I think it would be better if this is changed to "hello/bye" or something like that. Or "how could you translate ciao?". Or... "An Italian person comes to you and says "Ciao!". What does he mean?"
likedmanunkind
Végzetúr mester
959 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3239. hozzászólás - 2011.10.27. 20:27:29
Which given first name is shared by a Kennedy and popular musician, Kid Rock?

Joe should probably be changed to Joseph.
much likedHatsepsutNő
Adminisztrátor
131 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
3240. hozzászólás - 2011.10.28. 16:16:10
Unfortunately our friend Stekkos isn't playing anymore, so now I corrected the questions again.
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!