Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Kalann

Oldal: 1234567
Dátum: 2012.08.16. 14:28:36
In fact, at low levels it was pretty sad.
At level 35-37, I had 6-8 viable targets, which makes for a very lousy killing without pumping ASs to get the continuum diminution relic (which I did), or training the skill itself to a high level (pretty rare when you're level 35).

This was with a 15DP setting ~ and I didn't run out of DPs, ever. I did manage to get my 400 kills in, but that's only because I'm pretty strong in my level bracket.
Dátum: 2012.08.16. 14:15:34
They don't stack, only the highest one takes effect (for the bronze/silver/gold/platinum/mythril relics, that is ; other types of bonuses will stack, such as a Xeno-advancement Orb for AAs).
Dátum: 2012.08.15. 18:24:27
Idézet: manunkind - 2012.08.15. 15:12:41
Who were the first Europeans to colonize Alaska?

Russians is marked as correct, but i'd wager it's the Asian eastern Russians rather than the European western Russians who traveled eastward. a solution may be to change European to Caucasian.

... or "What was the first european nation to colonize Alaska?"
Dátum: 2012.08.15. 18:18:28
By Thaumaturgy : Yes
By Critical Spell : No
Dátum: 2012.08.15. 18:15:16
Spent AAs sums up correctly for me

Spent but erased AAs count as well (such as compensation when switching back to EH)
Dátum: 2012.08.08. 04:03:46
I got Wired Reflexes for my character in W1.

The problem is, I couldn't find the option to change the cost from 1/3 AS to 1 AP in the Settings section. However, there is a blank setting button, without text ~ which I believe should be the Wired Reflex setting, but without text, how to know ?

Could you please look into this ?
Dátum: 2012.08.07. 14:35:43
That makes sense, I remember hunting while invisible prior to the event.
Thx Miklos
Dátum: 2012.08.07. 14:34:33
Because MS doesn't follow ISO technical standards, while Mozilla does.
Dátum: 2012.08.06. 22:08:05
I started the war on W2 with 1028.5 Event points.

I didn't really bother with it, since I'm only aiming for 400 wins anyway, but my impression was that after the first 1000 (or maybe less) event points, you only get 0.5 EP for a hunt.
Dátum: 2012.08.01. 22:38:31
First, I'm happy that this conversation was productive. Kudos to Sbart for suggesting the initial idea, thanks to all who used their brain-cells to provide input.

@Wombat from Down Under : Keep in mind that our proposals are tailored to keep coding/writing to a minimum. Using existing adventures as a basis for Special/Epic Adventures is simply the easiest way forward ... using only adventures with 6+ tasks for completion (as Miklos indicated) should cover most of your points.

@Miklos : Thanks for providing an official approval. It's good to know that we can actually help to improve the game (even if I'll have to wait a few levels before personally taking advantage of this one ). I'll concur with Sbart : Unless the adventure crystal is really necessary, better to replace it with an existing type of ressource.

.... so "epic" adventures (mainly along Sbart's guidelines) seem to be approved. I'll admit to the sin of pride , but I'd like to know what Beholder (and other players) think of my proposal (call them "Legendary Adventures", since "Epic" is already reserved ). Thanks in advance for all answers ~ positive or negative, I'll learn something in the process.
Dátum: 2012.07.30. 13:56:49
*Nods* Good points, Sbart.

Both proposals are worthwhile, and could be implemented, in fact :

~ 1 "Special Adventure" for every 10 normal adventures completed, along your guidelines. Allow CP use, but at a higher cost (3, 5, or 10 CPs to get a +1 on a test maybe ?).

Option : Have a "Special Adventurer" AA. CP cost would start at 10/+1, each AA level would reduce the cost by 1, Max = 5 or 7 (or 9, if you're feeling generous).

~ 1 "Epic Adventure"every level, or maybe, 1 "Epic Adventure" every 10 "Special Adventures, along my guidelines. You could discard it, I suppose, because there would be a long wait in between 2 Epic Adventures anyway.

The problem with CPs is the vast difference in CP collection between duellers/hunters. I agree that CPs should help in completing both types of adventures, however, they shouldn't be necessary. The AAs suggested in this thread should enable players to make up for the differential. Obviously, you wouldn't find the "Special Adventurer" AA a high priority, but I'm sure Cruel would find it immediately useful

How does that sound ?
Dátum: 2012.07.28. 14:23:44
(You're right, I meant "N "normal" WoF rolls, not "L" )

W1 : Kalann : level 73 : 4000+ Crystal points
W3 : Haakon : level 69 : 5000+ Crystal points.

I do my adventures with a 100 CP allowance (for a few odd skills I haven't really developped). I'm still collecting CPs faster than I use them. At level 100 ... I'll probably be sitting on 8-10k CPs.

"Sheesh, a level 150 execution test ! My execution is only 30 ..."
"Mmm, guess I'll just set my CP allowance to 200. That should do the trick"
How epic does that sound ?
Plus, allowing CPs gives (yet another) significant advantage to DD over EH.

If you allow CPs in Epic Adventures, the only thing epic about them will be the reward

My proposals are for EPIC adventures, not epic adventures. They should be real tasks, not just resolved by some minor planning and tweaking (do a few challenges, mind-boost this, etc ..).

My proposed hoard was tailored to my proposal's difficulty level. To be honest, I find your's a bit fat for the little effort required. No offense intended ... but it looks like a system to convert crystal points into AA/Ability points.
Dátum: 2012.07.28. 12:50:15
If you make Epic Adventures easier to manage, then the hoard should be reduced, because people will be getting it more often.

My proposal is more like entities : you have to kill one to advance to the next one.
Killing entities is a tough, gruelling process. Sometimes you train abilities/skills/AAs for the express purpose of killing those 2 last entities before the next flashy trincket .... it should be same here.

At the very least, if you can "collect" several Epic Adventures, then you should not be able to discard them, or use the "replacement" option I suggested. Instead, the number of "reserve" Epic adventures you can have could be a new AA "Epic Collector" (maybe 10 AA pts/level ?)

In essence, the more you dilute the difficulty, the less Epic they look.

Edit :

Stalling on an Epic Adventure would not stop you from collecting/completing other normal adventures.
My iniitial idea was that as long as you haven't completed the Epic Adventure, you can't collect another one.

Also, the Survivor AA and the Energy Sanctum would still work as usual, which should help mitigate the difficulty level.
Dátum: 2012.07.27. 20:46:58
Definitely
It's a cost/Benefit evaluation ... is the advantage you'd get from upgrading your equipment worth the cost of doing so ?

I find that more often than not, the answer is "no". I upgrade my stuff every 10-20 levels, depending on the specific bonuses of what's available, and what I need.

Don't worry about taking a few hits, Phatboi. Keep up on abilities, and especially skills, and later on things will turn around.
Dátum: 2012.07.27. 20:03:38
To make the tests tougher, just turn off crystal points. It means you'll really have to work to complete the tests.

Option : Can't spend more crystal points on a test than your "Epic Adventurer" AA. This new AA would be limited by (Character level - 99).

This method : "one random adventure in his/her list will be chosen as an Epic Adventure" is ripe for abuse :
1°) Do 8 adventures.
2°) collect/discard adventures until you have 2 adventures you like.
3°) Complete 1 of the adventures : The other one is the Epic adventure !

I'd suggest something along these lines :
1°) Complete an Epic adventure.
2°) Complete 9 normal adventures.
3°) The next adventure you find is an Epic adventure.

Optionally, if you really don't like what you're served, you could pay a serious amount of SE/AS/SDs to take the next adventure you find instead. Epic adventure should not be able to be discarded. Either you complete it, or you pay and replace it with the next one.

There could be a new repeatable quest : "Complete an Epic Adventure"

The hoard should be composed of a number of fixed goodies + some random stuff, so you don't get completely shafted if unlucky. Say "N" is the number of tests of the Epic adventure, and L is character level, it could be something like :
- N boas.
- N x L / 400 AA Pts
- 1 random minor abilty stone.
- 1 "AS reroll" WoF item.
- L "normal" WoF items.

Thoughts ?
Dátum: 2012.07.26. 22:55:31
There's a skill called "trade" which enables you to do just that.
Dátum: 2012.07.24. 18:18:46
"The sum of the digits is divisble by 3"

should be : "The sum of the digits is a multiple of 3"

and the unstated condition is "knowing your multiplication tables, and not being mathematically impaired".
Dátum: 2012.07.24. 18:12:21
Nice idea, although I'd prefer an AA if implemented. Some players will want to whole 28 days to finish the ToD, with an AA it would be each individual player's choice to shorten the ToD or not.

Also, the duration is a game balance thing, and that too has to be taken into account.
Dátum: 2012.07.18. 21:32:06
I remember that happening to me on W1, and it worked as intended (I spent the day attacking again, and managed to recoup most of my loss).
Dátum: 2012.07.17. 18:11:02
Thanks
Oldal: 1234567