Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - LydonB

Dátum: 2010.05.11. 09:47:20
They definitely are.

The lost se is around 13k-19k for all of them; just checked myself.
Dátum: 2010.05.11. 09:43:30
You need a skill. Learning 15

If your opponent has less hit points at the end of battle than your execution level multiplied by 5, you will win the battle without reference to the damage caused. If both player would be able use execution, than the winner is the one with the higher skill. If you execute your opponent, the SE you gain is also increased, in ratio with the difference of your execution skill.
Dátum: 2010.05.11. 09:39:23
Thanks for the tip.

As far as the game goes, you're not wrong, but in RL, this is a major fail. The largest empire in the history of the world was the Mongol empire - all warriors.

Not quite so viridel. The Mongol empire had an economical side as well. Ranging from a mail system, tax system, flourishing trade and a monetary system (coin and paper).

So, the warriors were backed up by economical strength.
Dátum: 2010.05.10. 21:10:28
Idézet: Gamer - 2010.05.10. 18:13:35
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.05.10. 13:10:19
An empire made up from just farmers is not capable to defend itself from a group of bandits

Ehm. Well. Why?

Farmers have pitchforks and wear rags whilst bandits have weapons, armour and whatnot?

What I was trying to explain is that to achieve balance you need both types of players. Builders to build and duellers to win wars.

A clan compromised of only one type of player style is vulnerable to the opposite; whilst a good balance can dominate.

@Viridel, I know you posted; but somehow I can't see your posts.
Dátum: 2010.05.10. 16:49:02
Idézet: ardent - 2010.05.10. 12:25:12
the oldest human remains are named "ardi", which wasn't even one of your choices. I think the evaluator made a good call in this case.

Yep, evaluator is correct. Ardi was made public 8 months ago.

A lot of players are feeling the same way. I'd like to see more people trying to engage in a constructive discussion on how to improve the system, rather than just getting frustrated.

Unfortunately we have been doing that for quite a while. No feedback from admins whatsoever. Likely falling upon deaf ears.

Total lack of feedback increases frustration on the matter.
Dátum: 2010.05.10. 13:10:19
Idézet: Dakaan - 2010.05.09. 18:45:19
I have to disagree with both of you. You see it from your point of view but if a warrior clan attacks a builder clan, then it's not fun for anyone. That will cut out strategy from the game, because catacombs cant be used for two weeks after you used them, and invisibility cant provide safe passage for a full builder.
So no i don't agree with taking one of the temporary defense.

"If the big hitters stay, the war is won anyway." - not necessary. And i'll leave you to figure out why.
Like in real life sometimes you need to take out weaker members to be able to go on ... so letting out weaker members is a valid strategy, this is my point of view.

You mentioned catacombs, but what if i can use catacombs as a passive weapon in a war, would you ask them to take it out? (again i will let you to figure out how i can do that).

Listen, you can't be a pure builder or warrior clan. That is basically a recipe to guaranteed doom.

Let's look at it from RL situations to explain better.

An empire made up from just farmers is not capable to defend itself from a group of bandits, whilst an empire made solely of warriors won't be able to eat anything; in both aspects the result is death or something very similar.

In short, if you expect to go anywhere you need balance. And that's absolute.

Now, if your clan is either pure builders/warrior then it's pretty much your "own"(clan) fault.

If you are in a mixed clan, and you are loosing; well it ain't nobody's fault if you are weak, is it?

This is harsh, but it's reality
Dátum: 2010.05.09. 10:30:45
Idézet: MsPiggy - 2010.05.09. 08:47:17
A guild should lose a war automatically if a certain percentage (25%?) of their members leave from the moment of declaration. There's enough options to hide (catacombs/invisible) so there should be no need for tricks like that...
And if the opponent guild is really breaking up, then it's no fun to war them anyway.

If the big hitters stay, the war is won anyway.

What would be a better option is limiting the amount of members which can leave a clan during wars.
Dátum: 2010.05.08. 22:46:24
Idézet: Pogaxa - 2010.05.08. 18:23:28
maybe you should read the question itself, if you know what i mean:

What is the 3rd digit of pi after the decimal point?

You're right, that slipped past.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Dátum: 2010.05.08. 09:29:23
Error
Dátum: 2010.05.07. 19:09:10
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.05.07. 09:37:18
If i purchase stones but havent used them yet and then i get a burnt stone, how come i cant recharge that with the stones i just purchased? fair enough that cant use stones from refferals or things but a purchased stone should be able to recharge a burnt one surely without having to buy new stones just to recharge?

You have to buy new ones to recharge the burnt out ones.

Even if you just purchased some AS and found dead ones, you still have to re-purchase to change them to AS.

If you don't need more AS right now, take your time and gather more dead ones before buying AS.
Dátum: 2010.05.07. 12:37:41
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.04.09. 16:18:02
Well, it's the third day of the event and the results are not making any logical sense. Something in the whole percentage vs contestant factor is definitely flawed.

A) Marietta - 95 members - 119 map pieces
B) Agnaesh - 113 members - 113 map pieces
C) Katherin - 38 members - 99 map pieces
D) Ericath - 46 members - 193 map pieces

Amount of members is supposed to effect the percentage of finding a map piece. Yet from the current result we can see that it ain't working as intended.

A,B,C all have similar map pieces, yet the member amounts of A and B compared to C vary greatly. Also, whilst C and D member amounts are similar; the amount of map pieces owned by D is around double the amount C has.

A and B seem to be working correctly (relatively to each other) since both member and map amounts are similar, but if we enter C and D in the picture; things start to look extremely messy.

Also, if the whole percentage scenario is working as intended, C and D should have similar map pieces, yet as can be observed this is not the case.

So, the question is; what's up?

Prediction made on day 3 of the event on statistics:

Pos 2: Marietta - 95 members - 119 map pieces
pos 3: Agnaesh - 113 members - 113 map pieces
Pos 4: Katherin - 38 members - 99 map pieces
Pos 1: Ericath - 46 members - 193 map pieces

Actual results:

Pos 1: Ericath - 49 members - 1250 map pieces
Pos 2: Agnaesh - 114 members - 1242 map pieces
Pos 3: Marietta - 96 members - 1186 map pieces
Pos 3: Katherin - 38 members - 808 map pieces

As one can note, both position 1 and 2 were predicted correctly, the only difference occured between 2nd and 3rd place.

Now, I say yet again. If the coding for this event was correct, Katherin should have had a similar amount of map pieces to Ericath since they both have the fewest amount of members.

The proof is right there for all to see. All those who keep stating that it's working as intended; should invest in fixing the brain cell deficiency - No offence intended..
Dátum: 2010.05.05. 18:52:01
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.05.04. 13:46:08
Now, the code seems to favor groups with more members, which was the expectation they set before the game started.

The chance is affected by the number of the followers the soul-huckster have. The less minions she have, the higher the chance!

Get your facts right. The lower the amount of members, the higher the chance. This is not working as it's supposed to be as I said in my initial post. The code is flawed, this is no supposition; and I proved it in my initial post as well.

If they screwed up the explanation due to the language barrier they should have hired a translator or bought a dictionary. The players shouldn't be responsible for the developers/admins mistakes.

Not to mention; the lack of higher ups actually reading/commenting/offering insight on this forum is practically null.
Dátum: 2010.05.05. 13:47:47
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.05.01. 20:33:37
Anyone else seeing a football ad on the doomlord banner whilst using premium?

Pops up from time to time.

Right, it's been nearly a week. Any progress on the issue?

I'm paying for premium; I expect an ad free environment.
Dátum: 2010.05.04. 14:50:42
Thanks for the info.
Dátum: 2010.05.04. 14:50:17
Idézet: Lehua768 - 2010.05.04. 00:28:25
The last 1 I answered had a word spelled wrong! And yes I forget what the question was, maybe ya'll have a way of looking it up? I have today alone come across 2 questions with wrong answers, according 2 google. There seems 2 b a flaw in the abilty of your staff, I would think you should look into it.

Topic called Unjust bans.

Nothing to do with the quiz.
Dátum: 2010.05.03. 15:51:17
Since there's no topic about buildings, might as well create one.

Moving on..

First question:

Catalyst building - Does upgrading this building have any negative effects?

Clan mate of mine is under the impression that the Catalyst decreases charge time of soul-well, yet it also makes increasing soul-well capacity harder.

Is he right or wrong?
Dátum: 2010.05.03. 15:00:39
Go to the Pet menu.

There's a tab called Release Pet on the top of the pet page.
Dátum: 2010.05.02. 10:21:56
Seen it on the main page myself.

Can this ad be removed please? It's really annoying having an ad popup whilst under premium.

Kind of ruins the theme as well.
Dátum: 2010.05.01. 20:33:37
Anyone else seeing a football ad on the doomlord banner whilst using premium?

Pops up from time to time.
Dátum: 2010.05.01. 00:08:37
From the description he gave, it's quite easy to deduct that one is a pusher account.

Even if they are married or whatever, under the same IP gaining the crystal from the other account is already breaching the rules. So is membership in the same clan unless both pay premium.

And since the MaryBelle one has basic equipment and just builds; it's way too obvious what's being done.