Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: My quiz question was rejected
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: My quiz question was rejected
681. hozzászólás - 2010.05.07. 19:36:08 (Válasz ImLittleJon #680 hozzászólására.)
Well maybe i got for granded the question refered to baseball, good point

The type of questions i have in mind are those that a person that has nothing to do with the sport and does not want to learn it will still answer the question and get something from it. So who was the all time record holder of a specific sport is a good trivia, and does not involve the specifics or rules of it to answer it
Pontszám: 3
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
682. hozzászólás - 2010.05.07. 20:46:55 (Válasz stekkos #681 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.07. 19:36:08
The type of questions i have in mind are those that a person that has nothing to do with the sport and does not want to learn it will still answer the question and get something from it. So who was the all time record holder of a specific sport is a good trivia, and does not involve the specifics or rules of it to answer it

I understand what you're saying. I just disagree with it. Off the top of my head, I could answer all but the most obscure questions about soccer/football rules, but I would have no hope of answering anything about all time record holders in the sport. I think it's pretty typical that a passing familiarity with a sport would provide that level of knowledge, but you'd have to be a hard core fan to know things like the record holders. To me, what that says is that questions about the rules of a sport are much more general than trivia related to the sport. Personally, I think both should be allowed, but if you're going to allow one and not the other, the rules questions should definitely be the one that gets allowed.
Pontszám: 5.33
averageDmd666Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
11 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
683. hozzászólás - 2010.05.08. 08:53:35
What is the 3rd digit of pi after the decimal point?

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

Millions of people know the first 3 digits of pi.
Pontszám: 5
likedKethiosFérfi
Global Moderátor
757 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
684. hozzászólás - 2010.05.08. 09:28:20 (Válasz Dmd666 #683 hozzászólására.)
It should be the 2nd digit not the 3rd.
After the 3,
the 1st digit is 1
the 2nd digit is 4
and the 3rd is 1

Pi=3,1415926535 8979323846 2643383279 5028841971 6939937510 till 50 digits.

General knowlege is the 3,14.
Doomlord forum moderator at your service.
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
685. hozzászólás - 2010.05.08. 09:29:23
Error
A hozzászólást LydonB módosította 2010.05.08. 23:06:30-kor
Pontszám: 5.33
everyone's favoriteShan
Végzetúr poronty
4 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
686. hozzászólás - 2010.05.08. 16:36:50
can someone explain how this question...

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few?" - who's quote was that?
Harry S. Truman
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Neville Chamberlain
Winston Churchill

differs from mine which was rejected?

Who said, "I have not yet begun to fight"?

William Halsey
Horatio Nelson
John Paul Jones
Isoroku Yamamoto

Pontszám: 7.50
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
687. hozzászólás - 2010.05.08. 18:23:28 (Válasz LydonB #685 hozzászólására.)
maybe you should read the question itself, if you know what i mean:

Pontszám: 4.50
much likedNemesis 666
Végzetúr poronty
14 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
688. hozzászólás - 2010.05.08. 22:19:09 (Válasz ImLittleJon #680 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.05.07. 13:43:16
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.07. 10:29:53
Nemesis, your questions are not ambiguous bad they fall in the special knowleadge section.

I would actually disagree with both parts of that statement. The questions were ambiguous because they didn't specify what sport they referred to.

Hmmm. Yes. Anger fading. Fading. Gone. My bad. I will resubmit with Baseball in the question and keep you informed of the result
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
689. hozzászólás - 2010.05.08. 22:46:24 (Válasz Pogaxa #687 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Pogaxa - 2010.05.08. 18:23:28
maybe you should read the question itself, if you know what i mean:

You're right, that slipped past.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Pontszám: 7.50
averageSvante64Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
6 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
690. hozzászólás - 2010.05.08. 22:49:29
I think it would be great if you had a chanse to correct a question that where wrong in some way.
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
691. hozzászólás - 2010.05.09. 09:09:55 (Válasz Svante64 #690 hozzászólására.)
if it was rejected with spelling errors or if is already in the database, you get it back for rewriting without any penalty.
A hozzászólást Pogaxa módosította 2010.05.09. 09:10:06-kor
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
692. hozzászólás - 2010.05.09. 20:04:32 (Válasz Pogaxa #691 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Pogaxa - 2010.05.09. 09:09:55
if it was rejected with spelling errors or if is already in the database, you get it back for rewriting without any penalty.

Still had to go back for "re-evaluation". It could be nice if the spelling could just be corrected, then it go back to that Mod for quick approval.

And even more so - I don't get why a Mod can't correct spelling themselves... All they do is create more work for themselves with a flat rejection, and cause hostile feelings amongst the users. Not exactly a win-win scenario right now.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
693. hozzászólás - 2010.05.10. 04:26:37
Viridel, evaluators have to answer the question at the 5min hunting limit like any player. But at that time they have to look the answer up, make sure is correct, then see if it is spelled correctly and finally to think if they saw it in the database before. So editing questions from all the players will just run out of time or at least put more pressure causing bad questions to pass. After all, the player has to correct only one question, the evaluators would have a lot at one full hunt.
averageardentNő
Végzetúr poronty
130 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
694. hozzászólás - 2010.05.10. 12:25:12
What is the name of the human who's remains are considered the oldest ever discovered?

Monkey Boy
Lucy
Ron
Josh

According to evaluators your question is ambiguous.

What race is "the wihte knight" presented in the Legend section, in Doomlord?

Elf
Undead
Goblin
Orc

What is the name of the World of Warctaft expansion currently under development ?

The Burning Crusade
Wrath of the Lich King
Cataclysm
Secrets of the Dark Titan

he question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!

Those are my last 3 questions. NOW, in MY opinion, your evaluators are uninterested and half witted.... i see tons of retarded questions that pass through but my last 5 were considered BAD for clear reason at all. Thus, i decided this feature of the game is useless for me and i am no longer even trying to write a question just to get mocked by some ogre-like evaluator who doesn't take his time to read ....
A hozzászólást ardent módosította 2010.05.10. 12:26:27-kor
it figures ....
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
695. hozzászólás - 2010.05.10. 13:49:24 (Válasz ardent #694 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: ardent - 2010.05.10. 12:25:12
What is the name of the human who's remains are considered the oldest ever discovered?

Lucy

First, it's "whose", not "who's". Second, the question is extremely ambiguous because there is always debate over where you draw the line between what is human and what's not. Third, a quick google search indicates that the oldest human remains are named "ardi", which wasn't even one of your choices. I think the evaluator made a good call in this case.

What race is "the wihte knight" presented in the Legend section, in Doomlord?

This is one of the cases that is explicitly disallowed. All Doomlord questions must be answerable by a level 1 character.

What is the name of the World of Warctaft expansion currently under development ?

On this one, you definitely need to change "currently" to a specific time, like "in May, 2010". You also typoed Warcraft. Finally, the question of whether WoW questions are allowed at all is something of a gray area, and it will likely depend on which evaluator you get. Personally, I have never played WoW and have no interest in it, and I would guess that a significant majority of Doomlord players are the same. However, I recognize that many of my interests would be the same for you. So I'd like to see the guidelines (clarified and) loosened up to allow questions like this.

Those are my last 3 questions. NOW, in MY opinion, your evaluators are uninterested and half witted.... i see tons of retarded questions that pass through but my last 5 were considered BAD for clear reason at all. Thus, i decided this feature of the game is useless for me and i am no longer even trying to write a question just to get mocked by some ogre-like evaluator who doesn't take his time to read ....

A lot of players are feeling the same way. I'd like to see more people trying to engage in a constructive discussion on how to improve the system, rather than just getting frustrated.
Pontszám: 7.67
much likedLydonB
Végzetúr poronty
266 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
696. hozzászólás - 2010.05.10. 16:49:02 (Válasz ImLittleJon #695 hozzászólására.)
the oldest human remains are named "ardi", which wasn't even one of your choices. I think the evaluator made a good call in this case.

Yep, evaluator is correct. Ardi was made public 8 months ago.

A lot of players are feeling the same way. I'd like to see more people trying to engage in a constructive discussion on how to improve the system, rather than just getting frustrated.

Unfortunately we have been doing that for quite a while. No feedback from admins whatsoever. Likely falling upon deaf ears.

Total lack of feedback increases frustration on the matter.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
697. hozzászólás - 2010.05.10. 19:38:04 (Válasz LydonB #696 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: LydonB - 2010.05.10. 16:49:02
Unfortunately we have been doing that for quite a while. No feedback from admins whatsoever. Likely falling upon deaf ears.

Total lack of feedback increases frustration on the matter.

Doomlord forum -> Doomlord Game Forums -> Complaints -> The Quiz Evaluation Discussion/Debate

The above has existed for two months now, and not a single response, or any other indication, that any of the Game Admins have been following it. The thread started out as a very positive discussion of the flaws in the current system, and viable remedies. Apathy breeds either apathy or anger, and I don't think it's fair to blame the users for their natural responses when the effort isn't being put forward by those who have the ability to change things.
unpopulars5jst
Végzetúr poronty
28 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
698. hozzászólás - 2010.05.11. 07:33:01 (Válasz Miklos #1 hozzászólására.)
I wonder who the "evaluators" are. Sometimes I feel that they are limited in their rating points, because I have some questions rejected as "bad", although falling within the general knowledge. Between "good" questions are questions that really concern the narrow circle of people (eg, football players or team results), but also quite a few wrong answers, I found, or issues that are tied to the current situation.
unpopulars5jst
Végzetúr poronty
28 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
699. hozzászólás - 2010.05.11. 07:35:25
I wonder who the "evaluators" are. Sometimes I feel that they are limited in their rating points, because I have some questions rejected as "bad", although falling within the general knowledge. Between "good" questions are questions that really concern the narrow circle of people (eg, football players or team results), but also quite a few wrong answers, I found, or issues that are tied to the current situation.
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
700. hozzászólás - 2010.05.11. 18:43:04 (Válasz s5jst #699 hozzászólására.)
If you post your rejected question and the reason it was rejected, there are several people here that would be happy to help you.
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője