Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Viridel

Dátum: 2010.06.02. 23:13:09
Building from the Soul Well really shouldn't trigger the Clan tag, and should barely qualify as an Event. By reverse, I find it odd that the completion of a building is NOT an Event - and it's something that really SHOULD trigger the Clan tag... It would really help Clan Leaders organize the build order better.
Dátum: 2010.06.01. 20:43:22
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.06.01. 14:02:04
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.06.01. 06:48:09
What class do Lemurs belong to?
Primate
Marsupial
Feline
Canine

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
Your answers are ambiguous or wrong to this question.

Not wrong... Certainly not Ambiguous.

Those are not classes. Primate is an order. Feline and canine are families. Marsupial is evidently something called an infraclass.

Which animal group do Lemurs belong to?
(same as above)

Come on, let's get real here. This is why people stop writing questions or quit. Stick -> Ass -> Remove
Dátum: 2010.06.01. 19:49:32
Jeez, even me, in my most heated of rants, a) never went personal, and b) only attacked the standards (unless it was admitted that someone screwed up - which happens far too frequently).

There IS a line that shouldn't be crossed.
Dátum: 2010.06.01. 06:50:25
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.05.31. 21:18:31
stil looking for someone that wants to trade the pet kill quest on W2 im L19 so anyone around those that wants to upgrade ya pet let me know

what a nightmare.

I posted a few days ago that I'm looking for the same thing. As long as you're not Sapphire, then we can trade. Send me a message, and we'll coordinate.
Dátum: 2010.06.01. 06:48:09
What class do Lemurs belong to?
Primate
Marsupial
Feline
Canine

Not wrong... Certainly not Ambiguous.
Dátum: 2010.05.31. 19:07:05
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.05.31. 18:58:58
In 1946, baseball player Ted Williams was the last to do this in a single season?

Forgot to write down the possible answers, but this one is a bit to specialized for my taste.

Which Is not a character from the Bourne Film series?
Jason Bourne
Ward Abbott
Matt Damon <- correct answer, and the actor playing the main character, Jason Bourne!!!
Nicky Parsons

Only me, or is this a bit close

Well, your taste is your opinion. Considering this last happened more than 60 years ago, Ted Williams in in the Hall of Fame, has had movies made about him, and has contributed one of the most revered statistics in baseball - why not take a few seconds to learn something - instead of taking ten times longer to complain about it.

As for the Bourne question, it's about logic. Bourne is obviously the key answer (to be eliminated), therefore you have to a) know that Damon played Bourne and b) Abbott and Parsons aren't also actors. I would agree and say this question tries to be too tricky for its own good.
Dátum: 2010.05.31. 18:58:24
Which of the following cars does not exist?
Mazda RX-7
1967 Shelby Mustang gt500
1999 Lotus Elise
Porsche 535 Turbo

How is someone supposed to know this?
Dátum: 2010.05.29. 21:18:07
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.05.29. 11:41:20
In Transformers who played Mikaela Banes?
Shania Twain
Megan Fox
Courtney Cox
Jessica Alba

The question is to vague, it should state whether it's a game, a book, or a movie, and more importantly the release year, to make it explicit what's is being asked for.

The colors the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles wear are...
blue, black, red, orange
blue, purple, red, orange
blue, black, red, brown
blue, purple, red, brown

The answers are a bit to close to be anything other than expert knowledge.

How many "o" do you hear when you pronunce "Doomlord" ?
1 < marked as correct

The issue with this question is the definition of the sound "o"
It can be argued that both 1, 2, and 3 "o" are correct. In English "oo" is for the most part pronounced distinctively different from a single "o" but is this still an o sound?

Not really, since only one of those actresses has been in any of the Transformers movies at all. The question isn't phrased completely, but there is only one possible answer (it's not asking about 4 different actors from the same movie).

TMNT were a generational international phenomenon. It's a long way from "special knowledge" as anyone in their mid-20's-to-mid-30's grew up with the Turtles.

But yeah, that "o" question is pretty bad.
Dátum: 2010.05.29. 21:08:59
I'd like to do the Kill-Pet trade with someone - I'm Sapphire.
Dátum: 2010.05.29. 05:20:44
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.28. 09:45:23
Just to clarify (again): Soccer is international because is played worldwide, not because all of the people in the world like it or care about it. There are over 2000 profeccional soccer teams in EVERY continent, even USA has around 14. In contrast NFL is 30 teams all located in the US. Is not a lesser sport than soccer, just not international. On the other hand Baseball is an international sport as you pointed out, and reffering to the above wrongly rejected question of Nemesis, needs to have more trivia in this quiz in the form of that question he just posted. Still NFL is not treated as banned subject, any question that would have been accepted for soccer or baseball will be accepted for NFL. Or, more precise, SHOULD be accepted from now on. Nemesis actually got the point, and i hope he does not quit due to this unjust evaluation.

I never said Soccer was a "lesser" sport. In fact, I referee soccer here in Canada. Here's an interesting quote from you though "There are over 2000 profeccional soccer teams in EVERY continent, even USA has around 14." So does North American have over 2000, or around 14? That would be a significant difference. Also you bring up the NFL - I never did - to say that the NFL isn't International. I never said it was. It does, however, have the single most watched event internationally, on an annual basis (the Super Bowl). More people watch the Super Bowl than ANY soccer match (other than the World Cup, which is not a singular event). So one might say that the NFL IS International. I wouldn't, but a legitimate argument could be made.

My specific example was Ice Hockey. Played more in North America than Soccer. Played more in Europe than either Baseball or NFL-Football. Basketball is more International, but Ice Hockey would likely be #2. Yet, I can't ask questions about Crosby (the generational talent from North America) or Ovechkin (the generational talent from Europe)? Where is the logic in any of this?

I've said it before, and I will say it again:
Correct questions should be in, without prejudice - because we can all live with learning a little more about the world and cultures around us...
Dátum: 2010.05.29. 04:40:41
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.29. 04:19:34
That one should have passed.....

Hmmm, yeah. You think? You don't need a new "Document". You need new Mods. First my Muhammad Ali (only the most well known and respected boxer - and possibly any sport - in the history) question, and now this. Difference is that this has seemingly caused yet another player to quit - and nobody seems to give a rats ass. I've just stopped writing questions by about 80%.
Dátum: 2010.05.28. 23:15:05
Which is not an animal related sport?
Hunting
Rodeo
Fishing
Diving

Hunting isn't a "Sport". Neither is Fishing.

And the impossible has been found - According to Google:
No results found for "It's very difficult to rule a country, where there are more types of whiskey, than days in a year".

So how can this be an approved question?
Dátum: 2010.05.28. 23:13:41
Who is the current captain of the West Indies cricket team?

Ok, I take back what I said, there ARE sports questions that there is no way in hell should pass.

How does it happen that I can't ask questions about Sidney Crosby, (debatably) the most talented hockey player of this generation - yet this passes?
Dátum: 2010.05.28. 22:10:54
What superhero gained his powers after being exposed to the Orb of Ra?
Answer: Metamorpho (Who???)

This is the first I've seen this question, which means it was likely approved very recently. However:

5. Movies/Comics/Video games: Not accepted - Dates of sequels release, specifics about the story or content (much like literature), anything a person HAS to watch/read/play the title to know what you are referring to.
Accepted - Original release date, main characters, famous tag lines, etc.

So what, two days in, and already the standards are blown?

That said - I didn't have an issue with looking this up. The answer is easy to find. I while don't care about the answer (or topic in general), but was properly written and the answer was readily available - therefore, is certainly valid in my mind.

However, if you are going by the letter of your own laws, then it has to be kicked as Metamorpho is not a commonly known character.
Dátum: 2010.05.28. 18:04:56
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.28. 09:45:23
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.05.28. 06:28:32
Idézet: slayer66 - 2010.05.27. 23:10:02
the ppl who run this game are bias against americans, good luck getting any question approved if your american, because the morons that run this game will say it a bad question no matter what it is. i'm so happy i don't pay to play.......

There are a LOT of US History questions in the quiz (far more so than any other single nation). The double standard is clearly in the Sporting realm.

There are no double standarts. Granded, questions about soccer get more accepted but that is due to the fact is an international, not European game.

I do draw issue with this statement. According to the Doomlord "Where are you from" forum thread, North America would make up 1/2 the total players (give or take 5%). Saying that soccer is accepted because it is international is a fallacy - We have (generally speaking, but with exceptions) NO interest in professional soccer. This is much in the same was as Europeans and "other" have (generally speaking, but with exceptions) NO interest in predominantly N.A. sports. I found your conversation with Nemesis COMPLETELY ludicrous, as Baseball - for the purposes of this game - is exactly as global as soccer. And with the European influence (not to mention the national leagues in MANY European countries) in ice hockey - I would suggest that ice hockey is the MOST global game for the geography represented by the users of this game! Yet the attitude seems to be "It's not played in Hungary or Romania, therefore it's not global" - this is why I keep getting pissed off.

Contrary to popular belief, the US is not the center of the world. Contrary to the belief of this game, Hungary is not the center of the world. There needs to be a better effort to make a WORLD server truly International.

ESPN is one of the most visited topical websites on the entire internet (places like Google / Yahoo / eBay are non-topical). Yet it's a quiz mandate to eliminate all but the most rudimentary sporting questions. But why is this? If it's acceptable for the quiz to "want to" teach me about Chemistry or Physics, why can't the quiz teach new sports to people as well? If I'm flipping thru the channels and I see Cricket, maybe if I knew more than the raw fundamentals (throw ball, hit ball, get ball to posts), I would watch for a few minutes. I'll never play the sport (most likely), but in learning about it, could that possibly increase my enjoyment and appreciation of it? REGARDLESS that Cricket is as popular in N.A. as Camel Racing.

Correct questions should be in, without prejudice - because we can all live with learning a little more about the world and cultures around us...
Dátum: 2010.05.28. 06:49:47
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.05.28. 04:51:13
Wow. And I couldn't even figure out how to point out all the missing commas. You really made a great case for yourself there, bud.

However, looking beyond some atrocious grammar, spelling and punctuation - do you really disagree with the general sentiment of the message? There are absurd double-standards across the entire system, and you can't just go around saying that "you can't use previous questions as examples". They are samples of the credibility of the Moderators and the moderation system. If you are embarrassed by previous efforts, then those efforts should be removed - you can't ask us just to ignore them.
Dátum: 2010.05.28. 06:28:32
Idézet: slayer66 - 2010.05.27. 23:10:02
the ppl who run this game are bias against americans, good luck getting any question approved if your american, because the morons that run this game will say it a bad question no matter what it is. i'm so happy i don't pay to play.......

There are a LOT of US History questions in the quiz (far more so than any other single nation). The double standard is clearly in the Sporting realm.
Dátum: 2010.05.27. 22:38:38
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.05.27. 05:51:35
You can mind boost trade. I completed that quest with Trade at 10 and mind boost of +10.

I was about to say "not any more at least", but then I realized that I haven't even put my first level into it - so that's why it's not in my list! Still, it's going to cost me ~30,000 to complete a 7500 SE quest
Dátum: 2010.05.27. 22:20:51
Idézet: MartinBV - 2010.05.27. 15:06:52
How many zeros are in a trillion?
Which Pokemon is widely known as the mascot of Pokemon?
Charmander
Squirtle
Pikachu
Bulbasaur

Er how is this not specialized knowledge

It's not Specialized Knowledge, it's pop culture. I guarantee that more people can answer that question correctly than who the lead singer of Metallica or the Cure are (and both of those are in the Quiz) and probably evenly with the few questions about Harry Potter. Pop Culture is current events - and the same as any other category, you either follow them or you don't... But that doesn't mean they are bad questions.
Dátum: 2010.05.27. 22:09:22
Idézet: Pogaxa - 2010.05.27. 12:34:24
the question itself is good but denial in answers is not - ambiguous without any measuring.

HUH? What is this supposed to mean?