Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Viridel

Dátum: 2010.05.21. 17:39:34
Who wrote the magic of Recluse series?
L.E. Modesitt Jr
Terry Goodkind
William Shatner
Robert Jordan

Another stupid-ass question... Enough Literature already!!!
Dátum: 2010.05.21. 17:38:36
Another name for the Bible is?
God's Book
New Testament
Old Testament
Good Book

Stupid-ass question.
Dátum: 2010.05.21. 17:36:43
Who is not a Basketball Player:
Michael Jordan
Charles Barkley
Nick van Axel
Jeff van Gundy

Gundy is given as the right answer, and it is since he's only coached and never played (professional, at least). However, who is Nick van Axel??? There used to be a player named Nick van Exel - but no Axel.

Beyond that, why go so obscure? Who is going to know Exel -or- Gundy amongst general users? Swap Axel with John Stockton and Gundy with Mark Cuban, and the question is a LOT more viable. Here's a North American Sport question that should NOT have made it in - both for being obscure and for being wrong.
Dátum: 2010.05.21. 17:30:23
Idézet: Dedhed - 2010.05.21. 15:34:42
k I don't remember the exact wording of the question...

How many sides does a pyramid have?
the correct answer is marked at 5.

But I don't think it specified if it is a square based pyramid or a triangle based pyramid.
A square based pyramid has 5 sides but a triangle shaped pyramid has only 4.

Has anyone else had this question? Did it specify?

Already had the question, already complained about it. Admins are as active as usual, obviously
Dátum: 2010.05.21. 07:40:28
Stekkos - A well thought out response, and I thank you for that. However, we've were first told about this "new set of rules" about 2 months ago. Forgive my cynicism... But... 2 Months - Really?

And regardless of what system is created, it will still up to a single person's interpretation of said rules. This exposes their personal knowledge base, laziness and potential bias'. As long as there is no recourse for the player who feels wronged, you're asking for problems. Simply put, we need a multi-user peer-review system with accountibility. A non-accountable single-user review system will always be flawed.
Dátum: 2010.05.21. 07:27:48
Idézet: Inv_ - 2010.05.20. 20:10:23
What NFL championship game was first dubbed "Super Bowl"?

who cares?! how about we drop these stupid questions and leave only those with an answer "that is NOT known only by a special group". no one outside USA cares about your football (actually the whole world calls football what you call soccer, but ok.. ). also please drop the what x nationality player won some obscure event in year <= 1950.

And very few people in North America care about your "International" Football. The Super Bowl is the single most watched event in the world. According to the Doomlord forum -> Doomlord Game Forums -> Story -> Doomlord players all over the world thread, it appears that between 40 and 50% of the players are of North American origin. I see very few North American saying "get that European shit out of the quiz", yet it is an unfortunately common viewpoint that North American topics (especially sports) don't belong at all. There is already a notable European bias in the questions, so having someone suggest that the bias should be accentuated even further is very discouraging, considering this is supposed to be a WORLD server.

I don't care one bit that there are Euro based questions in the quiz - but I do care greatly the questions from both sides of the ocean are not evaluated equally.
Dátum: 2010.05.20. 21:27:30
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.20. 16:38:08
I dont know why i bother but here it is: I admitted his question was the same. Said: ""Your question might be the same or easier, it is not the point.""

I didnt evaluate it so dont think i am just trying to justify my actions. My point there was that the way it was put the first thing you notice is that it asks about a player. Should just went ahead and asked the question as it was finally accepted. Reasonable? I cannot say. I believe so but i cannot claim my opinion is a universal truth. I can just follow the rules.

As for your other complain, i did answer you. You then repeated the same question. Now if you feel i neglected you just direct me to your post and i will either point out how what i said applies or, in case you are right, will just admitt i did not pay the attention i should and apologize.

Thank you

What it comes down to is that the quiz system in its current form is shit. We have a few mods who care - but suffer from either failed logic or unrealistic standards. We have MANY more mods who obviously don't care (by their lack of accountability, and by the appalling track record in quiz acceptance / rejections). The post that Nemesis is talking about is the Complaints -> Quiz Evaluation Debate area... An area created to find remedies for the absurdly flawed Quiz system - and not a SINGLE Admin has participated in the discussion.

I have solved the problem personally by just not writing any more questions - because it was either that or quitting the game. And instead I find 5 bad answers out of a 20 question Hunt. Stekkos - Why are you standing up to defend something that is so obviously broken? Are you a politician?

Instead of wasting your efforts justifying the crap that is going on here - Quiz Errors is 1150 posts long, Rejected Question complaints is at 750:
THIS IS A PROBLEM THAT THE USERS OF THE GAME ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This isn't an isolated incident - this is TWO THOUSAND TIMES that someone has chosen to make a complaint. How many issues have there been that a complaint has not been lodged? 5 times more? 10 times more?

Think about this for a minute. Take off your blinders and THINK. This is a problem - and nobody of influence seems to give a shit. But what do the people posting complaints know - we're just the paying members of this game.
Dátum: 2010.05.20. 02:59:01
Idézet: Harleyharr - 2010.05.20. 00:24:49
What's wrong here???

In golf. who was known as the Golden Bear?

Johnny Miller
Jack Nicklaus
Greg Norman
John Daly

Punctuation isn't exactly awesome... But I say nothing worthy of being rejected.
Dátum: 2010.05.19. 23:41:39
Who is Agatha Christie's most known detective in her stories?
Sherlock Holmes
Joseph Rouletabille
Hercule Poirot
Arsène Lupin

Jane Marple, Agatha Christie's Famous Sleuth: St. Mary Mead's Best ...
26 Mar 2010 ... Mystery writer Agatha Christie's most famous amateur detective, ... From her first emergence in short stories to her final case, ...
Dátum: 2010.05.19. 19:01:32
Ok, explain this:

Recently approved (and not my question, as I've pretty much quit asking any):
Which team won the Stanley Cup in 2009?

Question of mine refused:
Sidney Crosby played for what team that won the Stanley Cup in 2009?

How does my easier question get rejected, when a virtually identical question gets approved? I am getting phenomenally sick and tired of this crap!
Dátum: 2010.05.19. 03:51:07
Idézet: Htwogtwo - 2010.05.18. 16:12:32
"According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer."

This aspect should really be removed, any question can fall under this category and it is unfair that if you happen to be evaluated by the wrong person, the question is rejected when there are many other similar questions that get passed as good.

Welcome to my nightmare. This is completely logical to everyone but the Mods and Admins.
Dátum: 2010.05.18. 15:52:50
Idézet: s5jst - 2010.05.18. 15:25:27
How many times minimum do most people eat meals per day?

This question is at least silly! All over the world, there are much more people who can not afford even one meal per day than those who eat 3 times per day. There is no such a rule or law and the answer that most people eat 3 times per day is unacceptable, silly , wrong and misleading.

Well, there is a correct answer - it's just not listed. Zero. The minimum number of meals that people eat in a day is obviously zero!
Dátum: 2010.05.17. 23:50:21
Okl, I'm all for a bit of flexibility when it comes to English Second Language... But...

Which country won the most gold medal in 2008 on the olimpic games?

This is why Mods NEED the ability to edit/correct questions for clarity and spelling.

PS. Go Devils!
Dátum: 2010.05.17. 22:09:39
Before going into the music business, Frank Zappa was?
a custodial engineer.
a greeting-card designer.
a fast food server.
a window washer.

Zappa left home in 1959, and moved into a small apartment in Echo Park, Los Angeles. After meeting Kathryn J. "Kay" Sherman during his short stay at Pomona College, they moved in together in Ontario, and were married December 28, 1960.[25] Zappa worked for a short period in advertising. His sojourn in the commercial world was brief, but gave him valuable insights into how it works.[26] Throughout his career, he took a keen interest in the visual presentation of his work, designing some of his album covers and directing his own films and videos.

At worst, the answers are wrong. At best, the question is ambiguous (as I'm sure he had several jobs before music). Either way, it never should have been approved.
Dátum: 2010.05.17. 17:43:52
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.05.17. 16:54:30
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.05.16. 03:15:35
who is the patron saint of hopeless cases?
St Judas
St Mary
St Stephens
St Jerome

Now, as an Aethiest, I may not be up on my religion... But even I know enough to highly doubt Judas would ever be considered a Saint - let alone the right answer to this question.

Way to go Mods!!!

A quick google search indicates that Judas is not only a saint, but also the correct answer to the question. Perhaps if you pray to him, you might get some action on the whole quiz evaluation process.

Jude the Apostle
Jude was one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus. He is generally identified with Thaddeus, and is also variously called Jude of James, Jude Thaddaeus, Judas Thaddaeus or Lebbaeus. He is sometimes identified with Jude, "brother" of Jesus, but is clearly distinguished from Judas Iscariot, another disciple and later the betrayer of Jesus.

The Armenian Apostolic Church honors Thaddeus along with Saint Bartholomew as its patron saints. In the Roman Catholic Church he is the patron saint of desperate cases and lost causes.

John, I like you, so I'm only giving you a lower-case - fail!
Dátum: 2010.05.16. 22:21:25
Idézet: Stromboli - 2010.05.16. 21:44:19
Where is the consistency?

As long as questions are evaluated by individual Moderators and not by mass-peer review (as I've suggested a few times), there will never be consistency.
Dátum: 2010.05.16. 06:46:53
Which of the following countries are not neighbours with Romania?
Hungary
Russia
France
Bulgary

Who wrote "Robot Adept" ?

Where is the Forth Road Bridge?

How is this crap making it into the Quiz????????
Dátum: 2010.05.16. 03:15:35
who is the patron saint of hopeless cases?
St Judas
St Mary
St Stephens
St Jerome

Now, as an Aethiest, I may not be up on my religion... But even I know enough to highly doubt Judas would ever be considered a Saint - let alone the right answer to this question.

Way to go Mods!!!
Dátum: 2010.05.16. 03:10:30
Where was the Kerosene lamp invented?
Great Britain
Germany
Poland
China

The first kerosene lamp was described by al-Razi (Rhazes) in 9th century Baghdad, who referred to it as the "naffatah" in his Kitab al-Asrar (Book of Secrets).[1] Modern versions of the kerosene lamp were later constructed by Polish inventor Ignacy Łukasiewicz in 1853 (in Lemberg, Austrian Empire (today Lviv, Ukraine) and by Robert Edwin Dietz of the US at about the same time;[2] the question regarding the primacy of these two inventors' versions of the lamp remains unresolved.[3]

WOW I found something that was actually Ambiguous - and of course the Mods blow it. Just keep rejecting my Sports questions though.
Dátum: 2010.05.15. 19:39:21
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.05.15. 09:24:58
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.05.15. 07:28:43
Fighting infection seems to be phenomenally expensive for what seems like marginal (at best) gains. What are the reasons that someone would make that investment - because +5 per attribute doesn't really cut it... Plus, if I read it right, since you start at 50%, it'll actually take 50 levels before you get rid of the infection... Based on 50 levels, that's an SE cost of 652,500 to fight it off - for an extra 30 Attribute points???

Fighting the infection gives the ability to take your skills 5 points ABOVE MAX. That can mean +100% se from squeezing, +5% se from hunting, +25%se building, etc. Also, unless you have been a builder, at level 70 most of your abilities will be >200 at least. So increasing them by 5 would have cost minimum 150000se FOR EACH ABILITY! (-30% from ultraspecialization skill included in this estimate). Excluding constitution and magic, that is a total cost of 750000se. Now thats a lot more than you paid for fighting the infection.

Regardless that, the skills bonus alone more than makes up for the cost. Still it is a players choice whether to fight or not, getting 100% infection has also it benefits. (attacking all hordes, getting more se from duels)

Ok, I didn't read about the Skills part - yes, that does change the game a little.