Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Viridel

Dátum: 2010.04.22. 20:05:45
What is the oldest commsiioned vessel (or something like that)
Answer - HMS Something or other

USS Constitution is a wooden-hulled, three-masted heavy frigate of the United States Navy. Named by President George Washington after the Constitution of the United States of America, she is the oldest commissioned naval vessel afloat in the world.

Well done Mods.
Dátum: 2010.04.22. 18:24:22
What can go up a chimney down but not down a chimney up?
An umbrella
Santa Claus
Smoke
Water

Come on......
Dátum: 2010.04.22. 00:55:23
Simple question that doesn't come up elsewhere on the Forum...

When hiding in the Catacombs, do you still accumulate AP? And if so, at "regular" pace, or is it reduced (like being invisible)?
Dátum: 2010.04.21. 16:56:12
Idézet: Pogaxa - 2010.04.20. 20:15:50
it was not an error but your opponent has a skill called execution:

"If your opponent has less hit points at the end of battle than your execution level multiplied by 5, you will win the battle without reference to the damage caused. If both player would be able use execution, than the winner is the one with the higher skill. If you execute your opponent, the SE you gain is also increased, in ratio with the difference of your execution skill."

Ok... It's that whole "without reference to damage caused" that was throwing me off (or, more accurately, it's a poor translation).

The skill should read "regardless of actual damage caused". I was expecting, when I was executed, it would read something to the effect of "You slump to the ground with a near fatal wound. The battle is over". After all, it says "without reference to damage" - meaning it has no purpose in even giving a total damage count (except to cause confusion).
Dátum: 2010.04.20. 21:48:59
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2010.04.20. 20:57:20
i didnt click it to fast its a bug with your system, maynot happen to everyone but its defnately a bug. Like i also get 2 hunts with 1 hunt point, it only deducts 1 point but i get 2 attacks and 2 tim es the SE from it.

also like when i post in clan forum it posts twi ce. i dont press post two times but it makes 2 posts and i have to delete. also why when i send internal mail it sends twice, i dont press send twice but it sends 2 messages.

Quiz olympics is about speed i thought so getting errors for "presssing answer button two fast doesnt make sense.

Ummm... That's a computer problem, not a Doomlord problem.
Dátum: 2010.04.20. 20:04:15
strikes you with Decaymaster snarling. He hits you, you take 21 damage.
You initiate a quick attack with ebony long sword to the leg of XXXXXXX. XXXXXXXX is wounded for 47 points. George is leaping to your opponent. It missed the target.
Your opponent is seemingly tired. He tries to collect all the strength to block your strikes.
You target your opponent's torso with your ebony long sword. You have hit him, 40 damage! George attacks with a snarl. It missed the target.

With a swift move your opponent deals the coup de grace to you.
In this battle you have dealt a total of 124 damage and have taken 88 damage.

I don't get how this is possible... He hit me, knocking me to 14 HP, but then I hit him twice more - one of those strikes being a "bonus" attack (so I knew his set of attacks were over)... But somehow I lost the battle with a fatal hit that was never delivered, and left my HP at 14. Sure my big 40+ Hits may have caused me to pull a muscle, but I don't think that's the case here... This error caused a 300 point swing in SE - not significant, but definitely a hassle as I was attacking to get enough to improve a skill.
Dátum: 2010.04.20. 15:10:16
What NHL (National Hockey League) Team does Sidney Crosby Play for (2010)?

Pittsburgh Penguins
Philadelphia Flyers
Detroit Red Wings
New York Rangers

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

"Sid the Kid" scored the Gold Medal Winning goal in the Olympics. He is the face of the NHL. His team won the Stanley Cup last year........ You pass my question about "the only Slovenian in the NHL"... But bounce this???

And there isn't a racism problem here?

Seriously - I would LOVE the Admins / Mods to explain this to me.
Dátum: 2010.04.20. 15:09:59
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.04.20. 14:45:03
I messaged an admin about all the weird questions passing or good ones rejected and here is the reply:

""I'm afraid there are not enough quiz admin now. If too much questions are waiting for evaluation (I think the limit is 250, but not sure), the system allows the players to evaluate until an admin shows up. At the beginning of last week players evaluated almost the whole quantity of remaining new questions - you can see the result.""

So all of you saying others can do better job at evaluating than the proper evaluators guess what: The mess you see is because a lot of you do evaluate without being a proper evaluator!!!

In other words, the Mods suck AND the Users suck. This is the problem when you have ANY SINGLE evaluator system, who has the authority to approve or bounce a question due to their own laziness or bias.

In other words, my concept for the re-work of the Quiz System is still proving to be the best idea.

But, of course, the Game Admins won't even answer the e-mail I sent them about the suggestion. To me, that means they KNOW it is better than the current system, but don't want to appear weak by changing anything, and thereby admitting the failing of the current system.
Dátum: 2010.04.20. 15:02:49
This makes it in:
Actor Andrew Shue also played professional soccer (football). In its inaugural season, what US Major League Soccer club did he play with?
San Jose Earthquakes
Columbus Crew
DC United
Los Angeles Galaxy

Yet this gets bounced:
What NHL (National Hockey League) Team does Sidney Crosby Play for (2010)?

Pittsburgh Penguins
Philadelphia Flyers
Detroit Red Wings
New York Rangers

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

"Sid the Kid" scored the Gold Medal Winning goal in the Olympics. He is the face of the NHL. His team won the Stanley Cup last year........ You pass my question about "the only Slovenian in the NHL"... But bounce this???

And there isn't a racism problem here?

Seriously - I would LOVE the Admins / Mods to explain this to me.
Dátum: 2010.04.20. 08:02:24
Complaints on this forum are pointless, and nothing more than a waste of time. The only way to possibly reach the ear of the Game Admins is via e-mail - info@doomlord.net

Enough complaints sent directly, and... Well... We would still be ignored.
Dátum: 2010.04.19. 23:53:58
Who is known as the father of Sociology?
Max Weber
Emile Durkheim
Auguste Comte
Karl Marx

Foundations of the academic discipline
Main articles: List of sociologists and Timeline of sociology

Though Comte is generally regarded as the "Father of Sociology",[14] the academic subject was formally established by another French thinker, Émile Durkheim (1858–1917), who developed positivism in greater detail.

One Question, Two Answers, Three (at least) Lousy Mods, Four (hundred) irritated Users
Dátum: 2010.04.19. 01:49:20
I quit World 1 for this exact reason. The Admins do NOT care about the users - that much is obvious. I keep hoping that things will get better now that a year has passed, but that's surely too much to ask.
Dátum: 2010.04.17. 21:03:50
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.04.17. 17:31:29
It could be misspelled, but "lamentation" would still come before "Lemon"

If you ask me, the question is just sour
Dátum: 2010.04.14. 23:17:05
Which pagan German epic poem was recorded by the Christians?
The Knight in the Panther Skin
The Song of the Nibelungs
Odyssey
Kalevala

The only thing I find online is Beowulf. And are we talking about religious Christians or a band Christians? Seems odd that a poem would be recorded by musicians, but it also seems off that a religious group would record a poem. It's just a very strangely worded question - with answers that don't come up on Google.
Dátum: 2010.04.14. 22:12:56
Idézet: grudge - 2010.04.14. 19:34:36
Idézet: Tusina - 2010.04.14. 15:22:53

Prime number is a number that can be divided only by 1 and itself.
The answer to this question is 1, because the only even number that fits the criteria is 2 for obvious reasons. (other prime numbers: 1, 2, 3, 7, 11, 13, etc)

ur prime number definiton is deficient
prime number is a natural number which has 2 different natural number divisors
and this is why 1 is not a prime number

In school I was taught that it was a number that was divisible only by 1 and itself. I guess it depends how literally you take the "and" part, as 1 is technically divisible by 1 and itself - they're just the same number.
Dátum: 2010.04.14. 18:48:43
Idézet: Miklos - 2009.07.15. 22:21:36
The optimizer: they play in a most bizarre way, not like a real Doomlord would... Their only purpose is to maximise the use of SE and everything else is secondary. They deliberately get beaten, down to 1 HP, so that they can gather SE, increase their abilities so they will always have little SE and when hitting level 4, immediately focus on skills that increase the flow of soul energy, ignoring other skills abilities and equipment.
Disadvantage: The optimizer will bit the dust quite a lot initially and won’t be in the top ten for a while, but if he is capable, will dominate others eventually.

Of course most players use a mix of these strategies, but it is worth building up, defining and following a clear strategy.

Ha ha... Just read this... I love how I play the game in "a most bizarre way" (and yes, I still make a point of getting "killed" before I go on a massive Hunt Blitz)!!! Explains why I have the most Duel losses so far, but the 2nd most Skills. As for "dominating eventually", I guess we'll see!
Dátum: 2010.04.14. 18:12:38
Idézet: Boar - 2010.04.14. 14:54:01
How many even prime numbers are there?

I can't understand the question! Even with what? What the hell is this supposed to mean?

What don't you understand? I'm sure you know what Even numbers are. I'm sure you know what Prime numbers are. So how many numbers are both Even AND Prime. It's really an easy question.

Who wrote the Capital?
Engels
Marx
Robespierre
Lenin

The Google can't answer this for me. Now what? Are you sure this is the correct translation of the book's title?

This is another question I complained about 2-3 weeks ago. Gotta live how valuable a tool this Forum is, eh?
Dátum: 2010.04.13. 06:16:10
Idézet: Spin - 2010.04.13. 05:55:29
I agree that some have been killed and we have weighed them, but since there is know way to get weight on random blue whales in the ocean than it really is more an approziamtion and a question that says up to how much should not be allowed. If it was say what was the heaviest a blue whale that has been killed has weighed that would be different. It is like saying up to how tall can a human grow? while we might be able to say 7 feet or something like that there is always a mutation that comes along and then someone is born 7' 1" and then 7 foot isn't the max anymore.

The first line of wikipedia for blue whales says:

The blue whale (Balaenoptera musculus) is a marine mammal belonging to the suborder of baleen whales (called Mysticeti).[3] At up to 33 metres (108 ft) in length and 180 metric tons (200 short tons)[4] or more in weight, it is the largest animal ever known to have existed.[5]

Even it says or more. so clearly it should be thrown out as a question.

It's like asking "What is the weight of an adult human" 150, 200, 225, 250
Any of those are legitimate answers (as are both higher and lower numbers) depending if you're talking about a male or female, skinny or fat, healthy or sick.
Dátum: 2010.04.13. 06:12:04
Idézet: Thucydides - 2010.04.12. 08:45:05
Which one, which figure on national flag, are the most widespread symbol?

and this question made it in??......really outstanding evaluators!

Yeah, I complained about this one about 2 weeks ago. Glad to see the forum is monitored by Game Admins, eh?
Dátum: 2010.04.11. 20:34:22
Idézet: Gamer - 2010.04.11. 18:41:45
W_T_F. Seriously. I can't see Viridel's posts.

Some could say this would be a good feature

And anyone who "Scores this Post" UP is a bastard!!!