Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Viridel

Dátum: 2010.04.11. 04:05:47
Why hasn't my Avatar updated (I went Premium and did my own upload)? It's been around 3 days...
Dátum: 2010.04.10. 23:33:11
I know this isn't a ban (yet), but seriously, what the hell is up with this threat?

Yesterday, 08:52 Attention: Please try to ask respondable questions, and take care to mark the good answer. If you do not take care, you may lose the opportunity to write questions in the future, and you may also lose the opportunity to acquire soul energy this way.

The only questions I have had refused are the ones that the GAME ADMIN has said should have been approved - and when they have been approved (finally), they have over 70% accuracy scores!

Someone REALLY needs to lose their job, as they are obviously incompetent at it.
Dátum: 2010.04.10. 13:42:03
Idézet: Pogaxa - 2010.04.10. 10:10:17

When did Sarajevo host winter Olympic Games?
never

if never, why ask? as it's said here all the time, wonder how it went in?

Ummm, Sarajevo DID host the Winters - 1984
Dátum: 2010.04.10. 07:03:08
Ok... Explain this:

Sports Team Names: National Hockey League (NHL) - New Jersey ______? 71.43%

Sports Team Names: National Football League (NFL) - Minnesota ______? 87.50%

Sports Team Names: National Hockey League (NHL) - Atlanta ______?
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

One would think that two scores over 70% prove that these team-name questions are NOT "special group"... So these Mods better smarten up... Especially when they are passing crap like those listed in the Error section.
Dátum: 2010.04.10. 02:59:28
"How many consonants in the English alphabet?"

Depends how you count Y. With answers 20 and 21 available, the question has to go back for re-work.
Dátum: 2010.04.09. 00:09:39
Which of the following cars does not exist?
Porsche 535 Turbo
1999 Lotus Elise
Mazda RX-7
1967 Shelby Mustang gt500

Come on... Not only is this obscure, but finding the answer quickly (like in the Quiz Olympics) is highly unlikely. Kick it.
Dátum: 2010.04.08. 23:24:24
Idézet: Banned - 2010.04.08. 20:16:00
Idézet: Hyannis - 2010.04.08. 08:27:17
Evaluators not doing your job properly ... Again.

'What was the book titled "The Modern Prometheus" better know as?' This should read What was the book titled "The Modern Prometheus" better known as?

You are correct Hyannis.....

and I am ashamed to admit........that question is mine <sighs>

Right after I submitted it... I saw the omitted "n" and assumed it would be thrown back for the spelling/grammar error.
(this was when the second world first started)
For that, I apologize.

Seriously though... "The" is spelled correctly, "Modern" is spelled correctly and "Prometheus" is spelled correctly (congrats on that!)... Are we really so petty we're playing grammar police on something so trivial? It doesn't impact the question - we know what is being asked here. Just let stuff like this slide.
Dátum: 2010.04.08. 18:08:40
Idézet: Magik - 2010.04.08. 16:17:37
What was the hungarian team of Ferenc Puskas?

Seriously, how is this question not part of a "special group of people who might know the answer" ?

Because it's a question about Hungary - they all get approved automatically.

I could write a question "On my last European holiday, how many days did I spend in Hungary?", and that would be approved.
Dátum: 2010.04.08. 16:11:46
Idézet: RedBad - 2010.04.08. 06:02:30
Bad question:
What was the sign that Jesus said He would give that would prove who He was?

He would be in the earth just as long as Jonah was in the belly of the fish, 3 days and 3 nights.
He would perform miraculous healings and raise up Lazarus from the dead.
He would give no sign.
He would be in the earth from friday night till sunday morning, 1 day and a half.

The question is valued as "Bad, incorrect question"!
According to evaluators only a special group of people might know the answer.

I tried to find the answer myself with google,
the answer was already on the page that came up after pasting the question,
and did not even have to klick a link.

This must mean "a special group of people" are those people who can copy and past a question into google search.

Fair enough.

For those not belonging to that special group of people, here's the quote:

Matthew 12:38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
Matthew 12:39 But he (Jesus) answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Let's just keep religion out of the Quiz - things will be more harmonious that way. Beyond that, if you can make sense of the passages above, then more power to you - but if you have to analyze that during a Quiz Olympics, 99% of us are going to be pissed.
Dátum: 2010.04.08. 06:26:08
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.04.07. 19:48:39
I've been thinking about this issue, and the way I see it, there are 4 issues:

1) How long it takes to get a question moderated. My first question took 6 days. My other ones have been about 3 days. If it usually took only 1 day to get a response, it would be less of a big deal to have to re-submit. Solution: get more moderators. Effort on the part of the game developers: extremely low.

Difference is quality vs. quantity. Granted, the quality is pretty poor right now - but do we want it getting worse?!?

2) Lack of communication between user and moderator. It's frustrating to have a question rejected and not understand why. Solution: there should be an additional field for the moderator to be able to type a (short) explanation, in addition to the broad category of spelling / too specific / etc. In addition, there should be an extra field on the page where you submit the question to add a message to the moderator that is not part of the question, such as urls of supporting documents. Now, this would make the moderation process take longer, so even more moderators would be needed to handle the additional load. Effort on the part of the game developers: minimal.

This is a great idea, and would actually lessen the workload on the Mods, as the research link is already there - as long as it's a reputable source.

3) False positives: seeing quiz questions that were accepted which should have been rejected. Solution: on every quiz question, there should be a button to allow users to flag it as bad. Ideally, they could then pick from the same list of rejection categories as the moderators do and fill in the (short) explanation for why it should be rejected. The question should then be sent into the moderation queue, with the values pre-filled out. If the moderator agrees, they should be able to delete the question using the reporter's text with the click of a single button. If the moderator agrees but doesn't like the reporter's text, they can edit the text first and then delete the question. If the moderator disagrees, they should be able to reject the report by clicking a different button. In that situation, it might make sense to give the reporter 1 bad question on their tally. Effort on the part of the game developers: low to medium.

Ideally good, but practically, a nightmare in waiting. Imagine if a guy flagged every question they didn't know? Repeat by 500? There is a fundamental difference between a difficult-but-fair question, and a question from out of left-field (a retarded question). The Mods often can't keep the two separate - would you really expect all the users to be able to draw that line? Hell, even I would flag some of those more obscure Lit questions and Hungry-centric ones, just out of spite. It would just create major issues in a game that is already struggling with fair geographic representation.

4) False negatives: getting your question rejected by a moderator, when other moderators would approve it. There is no way to fully avoid this issue other than doing away with judgment calls by moderators entirely. Which has been proposed a few times by different people lately. But those proposals would basically put the game back into the state where everyone was a moderator, which the game designers tried and didn't like. So I think those proposals have very little chance of being implemented. So within the current system, what could be done to alleviate the issue? Well, if the response time was quicker, there was some explanation as to why it got rejected, and there were fewer false positives, that would go a long way. Maybe that's all we can hope for.

This is the biggest singular problem with the quiz - zero accountability by the Mods. They can decline a question without cause or reason. They can approve a question without cause or reason. Yet there is no way to get more information as to why that decision happened.

Short of using a Multi-Mod system, the only fair way to do it is to give the question asker an opportunity to challenge a Mod decision - likely by writing their reason in a box on the "Rejection" frame, and sending it for re-analysis by a different Mod. Will this happen? Not likely. What this would do is allow tracking of "reversed rejections", and if a Mod falls below a threshold, they get cut. This game is in desperate need of some accountability!!!

Here's one other, more radical, idea (though I expect it also has very little chance of being implemented). Maybe the moderators could give a question a status of provisional, in addition to accepting or rejecting it. Provisional questions would then go into a state where everyone was a moderator, either with a yes/no control or simply by how many answered it correctly. Then, after a specified time period, it would either attain permanent status or be deleted.

That sounds like my proposal of all-questions-pass (Mod verifies correct spelling & answer - ensuring that an answer CAN be found) for 10 reviews, if 7+ of 10 get it wrong, it goes to a Mod for difficulty review. I'm still in favour of it.
Dátum: 2010.04.08. 05:50:48
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.04.07. 16:51:18
I got your question this time Viridel. There was more written than just your question. Be happy I gave you a spelling error with the opportunity to fix it.

And why couldn't you just take out what was in the quotes (Saying that it had been approved by the game bosses) and pass it??? Why would you make me go thru the resubmission process which has been a complete clusterfuck and is what has caused much of my frustration in the first place? Why create a problem instead of solving one?
Dátum: 2010.04.08. 05:45:01
Idézet: Lady Death - 2010.04.07. 22:38:13
Acording to Tina Turner, what is the speed limit of NUTBUSH?

25MPH
35MPH
45MPH
55MPH

I find it hard to believe the whole world does not know Tina Turner, or that Nutbush City Limits is not played at every Wedding, 21st or 18th celebration.

I have to answer questions about American football teams and European lit, so why is an international question uninteresting?

What the f___ is Nutbush? Sounds like the private parts for a female acorn... I know Tina Turner - don't know NUTBUSH.

So I looked it up:

The Nutbush
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Nutbush is a dance categorized as a line dance, performed to Tina Turner's song "Nutbush City Limits" and has gained massive popularity in Australia.

In the 1950's the dance was known as "The Madison".[1] Inspired by Tina Turner's song, a variation of the dance emerged again as "The Nutbush" in the 1970's disco era. A comparison of the step sheets, however, does not support the conclusion the dances are the same.

The song of the same name by Tina Turner is generally recognised as being 'the song' to which the dance is performed. The dance is generally performed by a group of people both male and female at a social function where dancing is appropriate. Also, the dance is performed with the dancers roughly in a box configuration, like that of a chess board.

The steps are fairly simple, such that one who does not know them can generally pick them up by watching other dancers. A key in the song and dance being a popular combination is that the song has a moderately long introduction before the strong dance beat starts, which allows people who are sitting down to get up and to the dance floor and for all dancers to assemble themselves in a grid. Without this introduction, it is unlikely that the song and dance would be as popular[citation needed]. For comparison, see the 'Bus Stop'.

Nutbush, Tennessee
Nutbush is an unincorporated rural community in Haywood County, Tennessee, United States, in the western part of the state.[1]

Established in the early 1800s, Nutbush is home to two early American churches founded by white settlers, Woodlawn Baptist Church and Trinity United Methodist Church. Trinity Cemetery provides the final resting place to more than 50 Civil War soldiers.

Agriculture is the dominant source of income in the area. Then and now, agriculture is focused on the cultivation and processing of cotton. In 2006, cotton is processed in one cotton-processing plant in the community.

Nutbush is best known as the birthplace and childhood home of singer Tina Turner. In the song Nutbush City Limits she describes the town she grew up in. In 2001, part of Tennessee State Route 19 near Nutbush was named Tina Turner Highway in her honor.[3]

Nutbush is also known as the birthplace and home community of black and white pioneer musicians and recording artists such as Hambone Willie Newbern and Sleepy John Estes.[4]

Nutbush City Limits
"Nutbush City Limits" is a semi-autobiographical rock and roll song written and performed by Tina Turner, in which she describes her hometown of Nutbush, Tennessee. As an unincorporated town, Nutbush does not actually have "city limits"; but it does have a "Nutbush - Unincorporated" sign on the highway.[1]

In spite of these being the first three listings for "Nutbush" none of these listings indicate a speed, therefore the question/answer is definitely too obscure to be Quiz Worthy.
Dátum: 2010.04.07. 16:42:10
So here we write and wait, and apparently still nobody gives a shit from the Game Admin side. Is anything going to happen, or is the quiz just going to get worse and worse - both in content and in frustration.

Oh, and I posted that same NHL Team question, and now there is some magical "Spelling Error" - just another excuse to block the question. There's no legitimate reason, it just gets blocked.

Does ANYONE have the ear of the Game Admins?
Dátum: 2010.04.07. 02:26:55
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2010.04.07. 00:06:36
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.04.06. 18:47:09
National Hockey League (NHL) - New Jersey ______?

My guess is they wanted more of a sentence. Like "The team name of the National Hockey League (NHL) franchise located in New Jersey is _____?" I understood your question, but I had to look twice.

It's not HOW the question is phrased - it's the fact that Euro Mods don't want to pass a North American sports question. Like I said above - the question was APPROVED by a GAME ADMIN! So what the hell is wrong with these Mods?
Dátum: 2010.04.07. 02:23:03
Idézet: vulturu - 2010.04.06. 16:42:16
Donald and Kiefer Sutherland, father and son actors, are of which nationality?

American
British
Canadian
Australian

The problem is that Kiefer Sutherland is British and Donald is Canadian... And the marked correct answer is Canadian... So what about the British one?

Kiefer has Brit AND Canadian Citizenship, but never actually lived in England for a notable amount of time. It's commonly accepted that he and his father are Canadian.
Dátum: 2010.04.06. 18:47:09
National Hockey League (NHL) - New Jersey ______? [Note to Mods - This question has been APPROVED by Game Bosses - DO NOT REJECT]?
Devils
Demons
Angels
Saints

According to evaluators your question is ambiguous.

SERIOUSLY! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!! I PRE-cleared the question with the Game BOSSES!

"I checked your problem. I would have accepted this question, but it's always at the quiz admin's discretion...Btw, ambiguous is not "too special", but rather, when the answers are wrong (but I don't see it either)."

I am really about to lose my mind unless we get some TRANSPARENCY here.
Dátum: 2010.04.06. 18:46:43
National Hockey League (NHL) - New Jersey ______? [Note to Mods - This question has been APPROVED by Game Bosses - DO NOT REJECT]?
Devils
Demons
Angels
Saints

According to evaluators your question is ambiguous.

SERIOUSLY! WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!! I PRE-cleared the question with the Game BOSSES!

"I checked your problem. I would have accepted this question, but it's always at the quiz admin's discretion...Btw, ambiguous is not "too special", but rather, when the answers are wrong (but I don't see it either)."

I am really about to lose my mind unless we get some TRANSPARENCY here.
Dátum: 2010.04.06. 18:41:37
Duplicate post with the below - sorry.
Dátum: 2010.04.06. 03:22:24
Idézet: PerrinAybarra - 2010.04.05. 15:20:29
Which football club has the most fan in Iran?
Esteghlal
Tiraxtor
Sepahan
Perspolis

how has this question been passed??? who outside of Iran would know this little tidbit of info? this should be flagged as being only knowledgable by a select few people, and scrapped from the data base.

And speaking of Iran, how about this little gem:

The name Iran has been in use natively since antiquity and came into international use in?
Dátum: 2010.04.05. 03:02:14
Which one, which figure on national flag, are the most widespread symbol?
lion
crown
leaf
star

Grammar is just fine on this one, eh? Again, who moderates the moderators?