Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
881. hozzászólás - 2010.04.08. 18:50:16 (Válasz LydonB #880 hozzászólására.)
I have heard this riddle the way it is written many times. I have never heard it the way you wrote it. Same logic. Morning = early life; mid-day = middle life; evening = end of life.
Pontszám: 5
much likedTheLion
Végzetúr poronty
123 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
882. hozzászólás - 2010.04.08. 19:43:39 (Válasz LydonB #880 hozzászólására.)
That at least make a little more sense, but I still have an issue with the term "legs" not to mention the term "walk" since babies crawl when using "all fours". Maybe it's just me?
much likedTheLion
Végzetúr poronty
123 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
883. hozzászólás - 2010.04.08. 19:46:05 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #881 hozzászólására.)
Maybe I'm just too literal? But it is a quiz after all!
popularBannedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
884. hozzászólás - 2010.04.08. 20:16:00 (Válasz Hyannis #873 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Hyannis - 2010.04.08. 08:27:17
Evaluators not doing your job properly ... Again.

'What was the book titled "The Modern Prometheus" better know as?' This should read What was the book titled "The Modern Prometheus" better known as?

You are correct Hyannis.....

and I am ashamed to admit........that question is mine <sighs>

Right after I submitted it... I saw the omitted "n" and assumed it would be thrown back for the spelling/grammar error.
(this was when the second world first started)
For that, I apologize.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
885. hozzászólás - 2010.04.08. 23:24:24 (Válasz Banned #884 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Banned - 2010.04.08. 20:16:00

'What was the book titled "The Modern Prometheus" better know as?' This should read What was the book titled "The Modern Prometheus" better known as?

Right after I submitted it... I saw the omitted "n" and assumed it would be thrown back for the spelling/grammar error.
For that, I apologize.

Seriously though... "The" is spelled correctly, "Modern" is spelled correctly and "Prometheus" is spelled correctly (congrats on that!)... Are we really so petty we're playing grammar police on something so trivial? It doesn't impact the question - we know what is being asked here. Just let stuff like this slide.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
886. hozzászólás - 2010.04.09. 00:09:39
Which of the following cars does not exist?
Porsche 535 Turbo
1999 Lotus Elise
Mazda RX-7
1967 Shelby Mustang gt500

Come on... Not only is this obscure, but finding the answer quickly (like in the Quiz Olympics) is highly unlikely. Kick it.
much likedTusina
Végzetúr poronty
9 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
887. hozzászólás - 2010.04.09. 04:35:23
What year was Julius Ceaser assassinated?
44 BC
324 BC
78 BC
345 BC

Well first of all which one of them?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julii_Caesares

Also the name is totally wrong there. Even though majority know what is meant in the question it's actually Gaius Julius Caesar. Emphasis on the Caesar, not Ceaser as was written in the question...

Please.. If you have evaluators, let it show!

Edit: Just for kicks, another wiki article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Caesar
A hozzászólást Tusina módosította 2010.04.09. 04:38:49-kor
very popularAnomalyFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
888. hozzászólás - 2010.04.09. 07:45:09
just saw a question asking the first genocide in 20th century and choices had like
-Jewish genocide by Nazis
-"Armenian genocide in Turkey"
-
-
etc.

sorry guys i cant resist this slander. we are facing this illy propaganda for the last century. we have strong evidences that this is not a genocide in definition. we as Turks not saying that no Armenians died or no Turk killed any Armenians. we are actually saying that its something like reciprocal. Armenians killed Turks and Turks killed Armenians, there were no planned massacre by goverments, even we have papers from that time which shows death penalties to governors because they couldnt provide the security of Armenians who are forced to immigrate by government because of war. we as Turks are ready to discuss things in scientific basis and u can see this if u r following the actual world politics. so there is no such thing called Armenian genocide. there r only decisions made by parliaments of countries (most of the cases those parliament's members cant show Turkey or Armenia in map , what a pity) and these decisions only based on politics not on historical or scientific data.

thats why i want that admins need to delete this question to not be a part of mispropagation. pls be objective i m also saying this to our Armenians friends who are playing this game. pls dont mix politics with game in any sense.
Pontszám: 7
much likedSbartFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
879 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
889. hozzászólás - 2010.04.09. 08:35:52
The question:
When was Steven Seagal born?

The correct answer according to the question: 1951
The correct answer according to http://www.stevenseagal.com/home.html (Steven Seagal's official homepage): 1952
The correct answer accodring to http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000219/ (IMDB): 1951

I would think that Steven Seagal's official homepage should be the definite source for a question like this, and then the correct answer is not even an option.
averageFinnan
Végzetúr poronty
3 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
890. hozzászólás - 2010.04.09. 09:08:40
"What was the name of the song the Chicago Bears performed prior to the 1985 Superbowl?"

How is it general knowledge, or even possible knowledge for anyone not being the fan of that specific club?
much likedImLittleJon
Végzetúr poronty
395 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
891. hozzászólás - 2010.04.09. 15:50:38 (Válasz Finnan #890 hozzászólására.)
For non-Americans or even younger Americans, you're right. But every American who was at least 8 at the time of the 85 Superbowl would be able to pick the right answer out of a list of 4 options. It was all over the media, on the top singles charts, and got a Grammy nomination. It's no worse than half the questions in the database.
averageBoar
Végzetúr poronty
154 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
892. hozzászólás - 2010.04.09. 16:21:25
From what bridge does the Oxford/Cambridge boat race start?
Donnington Bridge
Hythe Bridge
Folly Bridge
Putney Bridge

Common knowldge, ehh? Nope! I found answer only in 4:49! Too special!

Theodore Roosevelt was the first U.S. President to ride in a ?
Submarine
Automobile
Plane
All of the above

All of the above? What kind of answer is this? And when the random sorts the answers in other order? When it is third? Bad question!
Pontszám: 5.50
averageJazaray
Végzetúr poronty
33 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
893. hozzászólás - 2010.04.09. 21:28:13
The whole is more than the sum of its parts.

Werner Heisenberg
Napoleon
Aristotle
Zeus

Really now. Where's the question in this? People get denied questions for not putting a capital on, or forgetting a period (or adding one), but this, which isn't even a question, gets through?

Thanks,
Jazaray
much likedSpin
Végzetúr poronty
83 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
894. hozzászólás - 2010.04.10. 00:35:26
I found a problem with these two questions.

When you are driving in a vehicle and you come to an intersection with no stop signs, who has the right of way?
always the driver on the right
always everyone
always you
always the driver on the left

Are you sure this is true in all countries? This seems like one of those things that is only preveltant in some areas of the world. If that is the case throw in the country it would pretain to.

What do you have activated when the number of action points is restricted to 400 instead of 250?
Otherworldly Powers
Nothing
A pet
Premium Membership

This question has two answers, premium membership, but also under the acceleration abilities you can select. Maximum action points
which does this...

You can increase the amount of your maximum available APs from 250/400 to 400/800 by spending 200 APs. This is a one time cost, once you paid for it your APs available maximum is permamently increased. In addition, you will be able to duel 3 times in a row instead of 2 without getting a penalty.
Thus you can activate this option and get up to 400 points avaible for AP as well. This question should be thrown out.
Pontszám: 7.50
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
895. hozzászólás - 2010.04.10. 02:59:28
"How many consonants in the English alphabet?"

Depends how you count Y. With answers 20 and 21 available, the question has to go back for re-work.
much likedSpin
Végzetúr poronty
83 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
896. hozzászólás - 2010.04.10. 03:50:09
So I got this question.

What famous battle took place in the year 1066?
The Battle of Bosworth
The Battle of Hoth
The Battle of Hastings
The Battle of Marston Moor

just after getting the one what year did the battle of hasting take place. Which I know has been in the system longer. Just rewording a question ok, or should we point them out so they can be taken out of the system?
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
897. hozzászólás - 2010.04.10. 08:17:59
Um ... I just answered a question 'The Muses were the goddesses of poetry and song. How many Muses were there?' and the following options were given: 3, 7, 9 & 11. I opted for 3 Muses, which turned out to be wrong and the answer given was 9. So being intrigued by this question and looked it up on Wiki and it is interesting what information they had on the Muses.

The Muses (Ancient Greek αἱ μοῦσαι, hai moũsai [1]: perhaps from the o-grade of the Proto-Indo-European root *men- "think"[2]) in Greek mythology, poetry, and literature are the goddesses or spirits who inspire the creation of literature and the arts. They were considered the source of the knowledge, related orally for centuries in the ancient culture, that was contained in poetic lyrics and myths.

Just how many muses there were was a matter of some dispute. In Boeotia, the homeland of Hesiod, a tradition persisted[3] that the Muses had once been three in number. Diodorus Siculus, quotes Hesiod to the contrary, observing:

Writers similarly disagree also concerning the number of the Muses; for some say that they are three, and others that they are nine, but the number nine has prevailed since it rests upon the authority of the most distinguished men, such as Homer and Hesiod and others like them.[4]

Three ancient Muses were also reported in Plutarch's Quaestiones Conviviviales (9.I4.2-4).[5] The Roman scholar Varro relates that there are only three Muses: one who is born from the movement of water, another who makes sound by striking the air, and a third, who is embodied only in the human voice. However the Classical understanding of the muses tripled their triad, set at nine goddesses, who embody the arts and inspire creation with their graces through remembered and improvised song and stage, writing, traditional music, and dance.

In one myth, King Pierus, king of Macedon, had nine daughters he named after the nine Muses, believing that their skills were a great match to the Muses. He thus challenged the Muses to a match, resulting in his daughters, the Pierides, being turned into chattering magpies[6] for their presumption.

Sometimes they are referred to as water nymphs, associated with the springs of Helicon and with Pieris. It was said that the winged horse Pegasus touched his hooves to the ground on Helicon, causing four sacred springs to burst forth, from which the muses were born.[1] Athena later tamed the horse and presented him to the muses.

The Olympian myths set Apollo as their leader, Apollon Mousagetēs. Not only are the Muses explicitly used in modern English to refer to an artistic inspiration, as when one cites one's own artistic muse, but they also are implicit in words and phrases such as "amuse", "museum" (Latinised from mouseion—a place where the muses were worshipped), "music", and "musing upon".[7]

According to Hesiod's Theogony (seventh century BC), they were daughters of Zeus, the second generation king of the gods, and the offspring of Mnemosyne, goddess of memory. For Alcman and Mimnermus, they were even more primordial, springing from the early deities, Uranus and Gaia. Gaia is Mother Earth, an early mother goddess who was worshipped at Delphi from prehistoric times, long before the site was rededicated to Apollo, possibly indicating a transfer to association with him after that time. Pausanias records a tradition of two generations of Muses; the first being daughters of Uranus and Gaia, the second of Zeus and Mnemosyne. Another, rarer genealogy is that they are daughters of Harmonia (the daughter of Aphrodite and Ares) which contradicts the myth in which they were dancing at the wedding of Harmonia and Cadmus. This later inconsistency is an example of how clues to the true dating, or chronology, of myths may be determined by the appearance of figures and concepts in Greek myths.

As there is different answers to the question ie 3 or 9, this question should be removed.
A hozzászólást Hyannis módosította 2010.04.10. 08:40:31-kor
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
898. hozzászólás - 2010.04.10. 08:23:50 (Válasz Banned #884 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Banned - 2010.04.08. 20:16:00

For that, I apologize.

Banned - there is no need to apologise. We are all human after all and we sometimes make mistakes even when it is staring us right in the face!!! :-) Even Evaluators are human (and I use that word sparingly (only joking Evaluators!!!)) and didn't spot the mistake. But for me, too many questions are getting through with mistakes in the question/answer.
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
899. hozzászólás - 2010.04.10. 08:37:41
Theodore Roosevelt was the first U.S. President to ride in a ?
Submarine
Automobile
Plane
All of the above

Firstly, this is a bad question. Are we talking along the lines that Roosevelt was the very first president to ride in a car, the very first president to ride in a submarine, the very first president to ride on a plane? The answer would be NO. There are two different answers to which president was first to ride in an automobile and they are:

For the answer to this question, we turned to Michael L. Bromley, author of William Howard Taft and the First Motoring Presidency, 1909–1913. He graciously provided the following information:

In November of 1899, William McKinley became the first president to ride in an automobile, a Locomobile steam carriage driven by its inventor, F.O. Stanley, at Washington, D.C. McKinley is known to have taken at least two more auto rides, one in Patterson, New Jersey, in April, 1900, and another in July of 1901 at his home at Canton, Ohio.

In August of 1902, President Theodore Roosevelt took the first public automobile ride by a president during a parade at Hartford, Connecticut, in a Columbia electric car. In 1907, the Secret Service began to use two White steamers borrowed from the Army to shuttle visitors to and from the railroad station near his Oyster Bay, New York, home where he resided for the summers. While there was no official appropriation for this use, when Roosevelt used the cars on occasion, he became the first president to ride in a U.S. Government automobile. Overall, Roosevelt made known his preference for horses, and he always used horse and carriage for state purposes.

However, what you should be asking 'Who was the first President to ride in a submarine, automobile and plane whilst in office?' given Roosevelt and three other presidents as an option, then you would be right to say that Roosevelt was the first president to ride in all three.
A hozzászólást Hyannis módosította 2010.04.10. 08:43:35-kor
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
900. hozzászólás - 2010.04.10. 10:10:17
what is the square root of 64?

spelling and maths question.

When did Sarajevo host winter Olympic Games?
never

if never, why ask? as it's said here all the time, wonder how it went in?
A hozzászólást Pogaxa módosította 2010.04.10. 10:10:32-kor
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!