Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Viridel

Dátum: 2011.01.04. 04:51:48
Which color is not an actual color according to scientists?
Black
White

Ambiguous:
In pigment - white is the absence of color, black is the blending of all colors
In light - white is the blending of all colors, black is the absence of color

Since the question doesn't indicate, either option is viable.
Dátum: 2011.01.04. 04:45:33
The writer Leslie L. Lawrence is of ... nationality. (fill in the gap).
Bulgarian
Hungarian
American
British

How about asking about Norman N. Nobody? Just as popular in Google as the guy above...
Dátum: 2011.01.02. 18:39:21
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2011.01.02. 17:49:06
Idézet: ImLittleJon - 2011.01.02. 17:08:42
Almost makes me want to go all Viridel on someone...

ROFLMAO lol

I am honored!
Dátum: 2011.01.02. 07:22:51
Idézet: stekkos - 2011.01.01. 20:35:19
Also this question was accepted way before any of the current evaluators, so it did not pass through the same rules. It is a very old question so you can argue about it being in the quiz, but you cannot compare it to your evaluation. As for googlability, i am also in favor but is not up to me or any evaluator. I am discussing it with the admin, still waiting her opinion. But until evaluators get a new directive we have to keep working under the current rules regardless of personal or player preferences.

I'm a huge MWC fan, and ironically enough, I am watching the Season 6 finale as I type this. The Dodge is definitely specialized knowledge. It is not a primary "character", being mentioned in probably less than half the episodes, and even when it is, it's not usually seen (and when it is, it's hardly distinguishable as anything other than an old rusted car). Love the show, hate the question - kick it.
Dátum: 2011.01.02. 07:10:42
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2011.01.02. 07:08:53
whos gandalf?

Considering he's both Grey & White, I'm guessing he'd be a good candidate for "Just for Men" hair dye
Dátum: 2011.01.02. 06:36:25
Who fought the Balrog?
Gandalf the Grey
Gandalf the Brown
Gandalf the Green
Gandalf the White

BRUTAL!!!

Not only does the question not indicate that it's referring to Lord of the Rings, but Gandolf appears in the movies as both Grey AND White.

"Gandalf faced the Balrog at the Bridge of Khazad-dûm. He slew the Balrog but perished himself at the same time — to be sent back as the more powerful Gandalf the White."

So not only do you have to know Gandolf started the movie as Grey, but you also have to know that he didn't turn White until after this battle!
Dátum: 2010.12.31. 00:45:55
Idézet: rok3269 - 2010.12.30. 22:55:30
Quote from Stekkos
Petel, although is appreciated you try to answer, please do not respond in such a sarcastic way. Especially your last comment makes it sound as if you are an evaluator and you are telling the player evaluators do not care about the google remark, although you have nothing to do with evaluating.

Rok3269, google is not a factor in getting a question accepted. Evaluators follow a set of rules regarding what to accept and if a question satisfies them passes regardless of how easy is to google the answer.

Petel is an Azzwipe and I generally ignore people like that anyways.

As far as the 'google-ability' of a question in determining if it should be accepted, I believe that it should be a part of the consideration. The questions in this game which deal with predominitly (sp) European history ie., T.V., sports, pre-1900's battles, are among the toughest in the game because they are not always readily apparent to someone from the U.S., and even with Search Engines such as Google the answers are not easilt identified. This makes submitting questions extremely difficult, because the evaluators seem to readily accept European sports question but deny American ones, as well as making the game harder to play if you're not European, this can cause the questions seemingly to be biased towards European players.
I have a posting just above this that follows along the same lines, how am I expected to know the basics of a game and which characters are or are not in a game I have never played?
You can't say that it is easily answered by a google search, because that isn't part of what the evaluators look for in a question. My only answer would be that the Evaluator has more knowledge of the game and unless they play the game I don't see that happening, because that would be bias and unfair.

Something that has gotten a LOT better in the last several months was removing the Euro vs. US bias. The evaluators do a MUCH improved job of evaluating the merit of the question, rather than the geography. There are a mind-numbing number of US State questions that would be easier to an American - however, because they need to research Eurocentric questions, there appears to be a bias. This bias truly doesn't exist in any noticible way any more.

There are some questions accepted that definitely shouldn't be, and vice versa, and that is an area that still needs improvement... But there really shouldn't be any more complaints about geographical bias (at least between NA & Euro).
Dátum: 2010.12.29. 23:53:55
It would be nice to have a button (associated with the applicable Comfort function) to Heal all injured pets with one click. Between artifacts that allow fight & heal and the AA skill, there really shouldn't be a need to micromanage your healing clicks.
Dátum: 2010.12.29. 08:26:08
Idézet: ChaoticGemini - 2010.12.29. 07:19:55
...even if that means a few extra stones to make it happen.

Nahhh, I'd just rather use an ad-blocker, and kill them all

Memo to Admins: irritated users = loss of revenue.
Dátum: 2010.12.28. 07:38:36
Idézet: ardent - 2010.12.24. 11:35:41
I know all those Piggy "lovers" will now flame me but than again, it is normal for players to be envious about other players who are more skilled at playing the game, or have more time or financial resources than you! I myself have been accused of using a "clicker" just because i was attacking the same 5 players at reset time ( 4:03 AM game time ) to get them into my T. Chamber ( and guess what, it was Viridel and his clan that whined about it AGAIN ).

While I cannot speak for my Clanmates, I have never once communicated with you regarding your 4:15am hits. It is an appropriate and intelligent strategy, and one I utilize myself against a standard several targets - none of whom have complained to me.

So until you can provide some documented proof of my complaints, I just thing you're being misleading and slanderous, in about 90% of your posts.
Dátum: 2010.12.28. 07:33:56
Idézet: manunkind - 2010.12.28. 05:26:03
*smacks forehead* Viridel, you're right!

And - Ardent's opinion of me aside - I usually am
Dátum: 2010.12.28. 04:22:39
Who designed the first fully implantable pacemaker?

Rune Elmqvist
Jean Fabré
Antonio Mosso
Elliot Michaels

The first three answers I find are for Wilson Greatbach.
Dátum: 2010.12.27. 18:44:02
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.12.18. 05:17:26
Yes it does. And that goes for every relic/item that gives bonus se from duels. It adds up

What is the order of "addition" between Affinity, Energy Harness and Relics?

There is a big difference if you get Harness first, then Affinity on top of that, with the Relic at the end
vs.
Relic, then Affinity, then Harness

If skills are max'd, the relic is +10%, and the loser has no (available) SE, the first option gives (let's say) 500 from EnHarness +100% Affinity = 1000 + 10% Relic = 1100
the 2nd option under the same parameters would give 0 +10% Relic = 0 + 100% Affinity = 0 + 500 from EnHarness = 500

So I guess the critical point is when does Affinity come into play?
Dátum: 2010.12.27. 18:34:00
Idézet: manunkind - 2010.12.27. 17:31:14
isn't the walk-softly-but-carry-a-big-stick quote sufficiently well-known? why was this question regarded as ambiguous/wrong?

According to Theodore Roosevelt, how should one walk while carrying a big stick?

confidently
authoritatively
softly
backwards

Because the quote is Speak softly, not Walk softly.

What Theodore Roosevelt said was not "walk softly but carry a big stick" as is often mis-quoted. He gave his famous quote during a speech in 1903:

There is a homely old adage which runs: "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." If the American nation will speak softly, and yet build and keep at a pitch of the highest training a thoroughly efficient navy, the Monroe Doctrine will go far.
Dátum: 2010.12.27. 07:50:48
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2010.12.16. 23:20:19
The problem is that 87 map pieces are required to get the Bronze item. It is very very very hard to get that many.

Regarding the poor choice of team, there really is no way to be certain when registering. As a matter of fact, my team was the strongest at the moment I registered.

Cruel.

It was the same issue with the Zankwad event. Emerald won (World2) before the first pylon was activated, simply because of their numbers. Diamond finished 2nd, and have the 2nd most players.

There may be "no I in Team", but there is a "ME" - and outstanding individual contributions need to be rewarded better.
Dátum: 2010.12.27. 07:46:12
Idézet: ardent - 2010.12.24. 11:35:41
Since ppl on this forum and some players in W2 are only good at making threats and shouting out things based on 0 logic, miscalculated formulas ( YES, i am especially accusing the mighty Viridel who is everywhere on the forum and i only see misinformation coming out of his keyboard all day long, 90% of the posts ), i myself will start making threats!

How exactly is it a miscalculated formula? Crystal Horde is not a factor, as that is in play for only 4-5 W2 players, and Energy Harness is a skill available (and surely utilized) by all top spiders. Explain your math before criticizing mine (and the rest of this wonderful "misinformation" that I supposedly provide on 90% of my posts).
Dátum: 2010.12.27. 07:33:07
Idézet: Inv_ - 2010.12.23. 09:52:59
Idézet: Viridel - 2010.12.23. 08:02:51

This means that Piggy is 53.5% better than ANYONE ELSE in the top 50. More than twice the player than any other player. How likely is that? 15000 players, and someone is more than 2x superior (while claiming to never buy Stones).

Also interestingly, look at the clan of 4 of the top 5 players on the above list. There are legitimate possibilities for this - but this could also be the spreading around of a cheat system. But with Piggy almost THREE times better than ANYONE NOT in her clan???

You didn't just call us a clan of cheats did you? If you did, I'd have to use the same faulty logic and call DoW a clan of stupid ppl; but I won't... yet.

I suggested a new (mandatory) acceleration option to the admins. It would be a "do random stuff" button, and it would allow ppl to click it several times and be done for the day. When ppl are comfortable with using this button, some features from the game will be removed : first the skill system then the clan buildings and their bonuses, the ultimate goal is to remove everything (except the buy ancient stones option ofc). When this will be over, all characters will be the same. I forgot to point out that without such a system, ppl would need to actually use some kind of strategy and specialize; possible specializations include : duelers, hunters, multi accounts for some emerald clans and helping them build, etc.

I would also like to point out that Diamonds are Forever in world 2 has built more than the #2 clan by10.76%; granted it's not 50% more, but they should obviously be investigated. Now.. turning our attention to the level highscores.. top 4 players include 2 from DoW... while in the other 2 spots are players from different clans. that means DoW has 100% more players in top4 than any other clan and since 100% >> 50% => you and Dakaan should be banned. Let me know if this makes sense... I'm sure that if I try hard enough I can find evidence of cheating everywhere..

I didn't say your clan WAS cheating - merely that a top player has been suspended, and the area of dominance by that player is shared by several others of the same clan. I find that *interesting*. Nobody is suggesting that we take the skill out of the game - but when one person is 50%+ more "skilled" than anyone else on the server... I also find that *interesting*...

As for the rest of your examples, as you are well aware, they are utterly ludicrous - which is likely your point. But nobody is accusing a member of the Diamonds are Forever clan of using a "building cheat", or accusing me or Dakaan of using a "level cheat". If you have specific accusations of that nature, start building your proof, and file a formal complaint. Due process was followed on Piggy, and now the matter sits in administration hands. Nothing stopping you from initiating the same on other players - as long as you are able to prove there is suspicious behaviour.
Dátum: 2010.12.27. 07:12:20
Idézet: Manannan Mac Lir - 2010.12.24. 14:11:55
Idézet: petel87 - 2010.12.24. 13:16:48
Dude I personally am familiar with Epic of Gilgamesh but I doubt that even 5% of people would have any idea what is it. I have just asked my girlfriend and she has no idea what is it. This is not something that you learn at school and you are asking a detailed question. If you have asked what actually is Epic of Gilgamesh than the question might have been accepted but otherwise I have to agree with the evaluator.
Besides if we talk about epic poems, Beowulf is better

I would not have asked it if there was not aready a much harder (IMHO) question on the Epic.

That other question came up when I was hunting - so I assumed that the evaluators had decided that questions on the Epic were alright. Asking a question about the name of one of the more important characters seemed to me to be more reasonable that the qustion that is already in the data base asking what percentage of divinity was Gilgamesh - a question with answers like 1/3 divine, 1/2 Divine, 2/3 Divine or fully human.

If that question is considered acceptable I do not understand why mine is not - that is the question I am asking here. I would never have thought of asking a question on this topic if there were not already questions about it in the database....

Google is the key - if you copy that "how many parts god is Gilgie", the answer is readily available. So while in your mind, it may be the tougher question - for the masses who would have to Google BOTH questions, the part-god is far easier.
Dátum: 2010.12.24. 01:32:12
Idézet: petel87 - 2010.12.23. 17:39:53
Viridel -> your accusations are beyond some limits and I am not willing to let them go just like that. There is a big difference between a sensible response (respect dark22) and an offensive one.

It's an offensive topic - maybe you shouldn't have kept pushing your point.
Dátum: 2010.12.23. 17:20:26
I just bought the Medic Pack, but:

In this battle you have dealt a total of 1486 damage and have taken 484 damage.

So where's my post-battle healing???