Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - stekkos

Dátum: 2010.03.10. 11:38:36
Because the batman question passed at the beginning when they were accepting more questions to fill the database. Things have changed now, it should be removed actually
Dátum: 2010.03.09. 16:32:50
Oh well, i guess i missed that detail..... I hope the author of the question can chip in with his/her opinion
Dátum: 2010.03.09. 16:30:53
Idézet: Jazaray - 2010.03.09. 06:12:28
Ok, I got this one today:

How many different combinations of dots are used in Braille?
63 <-- marked as correct

I got it right because it was the closest answer to 64, as 64 is the correct answer, according to these sites:

http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question3332.html

http://www.familyconnect.org/parentsite.asp?SectionID=72&DocumentID=4018

http://www.iidc.indiana.edu/cedir/kidsWeb/brailleinfo.html

There are probably more sites that state this, but I thought 3 was enough.

Thanks,
Jazaray

I just want to add that after reading this i checked it and you are right jazaray
Dátum: 2010.03.09. 14:11:35
They were accepting it at first but then a lot of players were just putting 3 answers and a "none of the above" on most questions so they decided to block any questions like that to encourage creativity.
Dátum: 2010.03.09. 05:17:01
Can you make the end of auction times reset after lets say 5 auctions? Because they are starting again to move towards the midnight hours from 9pm that was the time you set
Dátum: 2010.03.09. 05:00:12
The Christian calendar has a lot of issues. First there are 2 calendars, with a 14 days difference between them. Then there is the fact that it is considered to be in effect from before christ, counting backwords from creation until NEAR its birth (i think historically it reaches year 1 2-3 years before his actual birth) and then goes up. The none of the above answer also is a point that gets a lot of questions rejected but the current one could have other reasons also. Not your fault you just picked a subject that can be answered in different ways
Dátum: 2010.03.08. 19:23:47
I had the same question but a couble of days later poof! a berserk potion appeared in my inventory. I guess its not instant, you get it later
Dátum: 2010.03.08. 19:21:52
Wikipedia:
The Wars of the Roses were a series of dynastic civil wars between supporters of the rival houses of Lancaster and York, for the throne of England
Dátum: 2010.03.08. 05:34:36
That senate question is mine and i put Romans because they were the first to actually put the idea to work. Put if Greek is the historical fact then i agree the answer should change, i couldnt verify it though. As for defining senate, i asked specifically about the term, anything else (council, parliament, village elders, etc.) are not called senate so they do not count. But if many thing the question is causing problem i vote to remove it.
Dátum: 2010.03.08. 05:28:52
This is what i found at various Q&A sites:

"Generally it is believed that the polar bear is the largest bear because it's taller on average. However the heaviest Kodiak subspecies of Brown Bear is heavier than the largest polar bear. Many scientists have varying opinions as to which is the largest of the two."

It seems there is a debate about the size of the bear but the Kodiak is believed to be the heaviest.
Dátum: 2010.03.07. 16:20:16
From what it was there shall be again. But not as it was for that is gone. Yet what will be will have all that was. I go now to my final hour because this will have to come and pass. But i will be again and the sign will be this: He who most sought what i prized will make the call and prepare the way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writing found in small stone on top of a hill by a Galetki hunting party.
Dátum: 2010.03.07. 15:58:31
Idézet: Dedhed - 2010.03.07. 01:23:21
What is Panserraikos?
The correct answer is: The best greek football team?.

Can anyone tell me how this team is the best in Greece?
Because for what I can tell of the information I can find, it appears that they are in the Greek 2nd Division (Beta Ethniki)...

I accept that they are a Greek football team... but "League Championships" decide who is the best, not someone's opinion!

OMG!!!!!! You mean there is a question like that roaming the quiz????????? ADMINISTRATORS!!!!! It should have been deleted on site not accepted And the information you found are correct, its a low level team in Greece.
Dátum: 2010.03.07. 15:56:55
Idézet: blazerdave77 - 2010.03.07. 06:22:30
which game is not an RPG?

my question gets rejected becuase it is unlikely everyone would know the answer, but everyone knows every video game ever invented right!

Could you post your question to see what was the reason?
Dátum: 2010.03.07. 15:55:59
Idézet: JKP3nt - 2010.03.07. 06:39:39
Who sold the first commercial mobile?

Motorola
Nokia
Siemens
Sony

First, it is unclear what a "mobile" is. Also, whatever they mean by mobile, It will certainly is going to be a debatable topic. And last, it requires lexical knowledge. I am really wondering about the question evaluators now

Cell phones are called also mobile phones. And motorolla was the first as far as i know, do you have any evidence of a company selling prior to this?
Dátum: 2010.03.06. 07:09:48
Ok, the runes are in place. Something is amiss here but what the hell, it cant be that important. As i can see, noone has made any attempt to knock that guy from the hill yet. He might thing he is lucky he hold it for so long but little does he know. Now, lets try what i always suspected.... I cast a minor fireball spell into the pool. It strikes the hills force field dead on. The person on the throne turns around but ofcourse sees nothing. Excellent, so the pool is a trans-dimensional one way rift. As long as i am here i can send but i cannot receive. My flesh golems have all been equipped with teleporters, only work for a few meters but will be enough to punch trough his force field. So here we go!!!

I cast a series of mega blasts along with poison cloud covering the area with a glowing greenish fog. I highly doupt anyone can see half a meter in there, not to mentioned the serious damage it can cause to living creatures. Now the golems dive in the pool. as they materialize a few hunted meters fro the hill, they are completely shrouded in fog, as if invisible. There immunity to magic and the fact they are not alive assures there success. They teleport as soon as they hit the ground and within seconds they are inside the force field on the fog covered slopes of the hill. The hills inhabitant is weary and knows something is going on but i guess he believes the forcefield will hold anything out, or at least warn him if it fails. Poor, overconfident throne sitter......

I can see his runes remaining dark as my creatures pass next to them. How can they suck soul energy from an animated lump of dead flesh? I knew that brief class in re animation would come in handy. Now they teleport right next to him, i wish i could see his face. He tries spells of all kind (man he is quick!) but they all just fizzle on the golems. They grab him and immediately activate their surprise. As i said before, who would leave all these raw materials for creating a quantum sinqularity rotting in a room somewhere. The devices immediately create multiple singularities, small black holes. They suck everything, including a nasty worm that is vaguely familiar to me. As the person, the throne, the worm, the golems, the fog, everything disappear into oblivion, the holes become one. At that point i intervene. I cast a massive meteor spell which detonates right in the center of gravity of the hole. Both energies destroy each other and silence falls on the hill. I step through the pool and appear close to it. I climb to the top and sit on the ground. But before i rest i do the last thing to keep me safe. I pour some of the pools fluid on me. Now let them come to the apparently empty undefended hill. Sitting out of this time and space i wait. And what they cant see or feel can most certainly hurt them......
Dátum: 2010.03.06. 06:45:48
I cannot infiltrate the mind of the evaluator but here is what i see:

1. Castle Bravo might have confused him/her with fort bravo that could be more than one of your answers. (None of your problem but still might have happened )

2. Chest move??? (But that is a minor misspelling)

Apart from these, only the evaluator can help. But may i say great question, try re posting it
Dátum: 2010.03.06. 06:34:42
Idézet: Twinky - 2010.03.05. 19:44:44
I just recived this question

What was the first religion to belive in One God
1) Christianity
2) Judaism
3) Islam
4) Buddism

It states that the correct answer is Judaism, but this is incorrect, the answer is not given on the list. There was a period in Egyptian history in which the believe in the Pantheonic belief (Worship of Multiple Gods) was stopped and Atenism( the belief in Ra-Horus-Aten, or more commenly refered to as simply Aten) was instilled as the a monotheism. This was done by the Pharoh Amenhotep IV who later changed his name to Akhenaten. The first document appeared in the 12th Dynasty, Amenhotep IV's rule was between 1815 BC – 1806 BC of the 12th Dynasty, which predates any documented date that I can find on Judisim.

http://www.egyptiandreams.co.uk/aten.php <-- For more information on Atenism

Regardless, according to the information there, this religion came to be long after the jews migrated to Egypt. Before the events stated in Exodus and their organization as a nation, but still they existed as an ethnic group within Egypt and worshipped only one god. Even the link speculates that the sudden and brief turn to Monotheism might have been of jewish influence.

But very nice trivia, didnt know there was a time Egyptians worchiped one god, you could use it in the quiz
Dátum: 2010.03.06. 06:27:05
And so thats what the answer should be. The question wants you to answer what is FALSE about whales
Dátum: 2010.03.05. 07:52:56
Miklos just reported in the news that they fixed the speed error for the Internet Explorer. If you still have problems report them but dont act as if they signed a contract with you and have gone over their deadline. Be patient, we all face problems with the game from time to time and i can assure you they never treated any of us as if they do not care if 1 player quits
Dátum: 2010.03.05. 07:50:09
I will agree with Chaotic, the Question should have been "What was Al Capone famous for?" but i guess the .? at the end is the reason for the rejection. You might argue is nothing compared to what is circulating already in the database but the fact you didnt loose your chance and you can re post the same question corrected should make things alright

After all, its the rest of the questions that need to be fixed for their spelling and slowly they are due to the increasing reports the admins get from us.