Topic neve: Quiz errors
averagePlumpkinFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
4 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
581. hozzászólás - 2010.03.07. 15:34:21
I clicked the wrong answer on the last question I submitted:
What is from Latin and means "towards the center" ?

friction
centrifugal
advection
centripetal

The real answer is: centripetal

The incorrect answer I clicked on by accedent: centrifugal
A hozzászólást Plumpkin módosította 2010.03.07. 15:34:44-kor
Pontszám: 5
averageBlackplagueNő
Végzetúr poronty
11 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
582. hozzászólás - 2010.03.07. 15:37:19
Who were the first to come up with the idea of the senate?

Greek
Celts
Romans (*)
Arabs

----------------------------

That 's wrong. The answer is Greek.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
583. hozzászólás - 2010.03.07. 15:55:59 (Válasz JKP3nt #579 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: JKP3nt - 2010.03.07. 06:39:39
Who sold the first commercial mobile?

Motorola
Nokia
Siemens
Sony

First, it is unclear what a "mobile" is. Also, whatever they mean by mobile, It will certainly is going to be a debatable topic. And last, it requires lexical knowledge. I am really wondering about the question evaluators now

Cell phones are called also mobile phones. And motorolla was the first as far as i know, do you have any evidence of a company selling prior to this?
Pontszám: 3
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
584. hozzászólás - 2010.03.07. 15:56:55 (Válasz blazerdave77 #578 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: blazerdave77 - 2010.03.07. 06:22:30
which game is not an RPG?

my question gets rejected becuase it is unlikely everyone would know the answer, but everyone knows every video game ever invented right!

Could you post your question to see what was the reason?
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
585. hozzászólás - 2010.03.07. 15:58:31 (Válasz Dedhed #576 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Dedhed - 2010.03.07. 01:23:21
What is Panserraikos?
The correct answer is: The best greek football team?.

Can anyone tell me how this team is the best in Greece?
Because for what I can tell of the information I can find, it appears that they are in the Greek 2nd Division (Beta Ethniki)...

I accept that they are a Greek football team... but "League Championships" decide who is the best, not someone's opinion!

OMG!!!!!! You mean there is a question like that roaming the quiz????????? ADMINISTRATORS!!!!! It should have been deleted on site not accepted And the information you found are correct, its a low level team in Greece.
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.03.07. 15:59:35-kor
likedJKP3nt
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
586. hozzászólás - 2010.03.07. 16:57:10 (Válasz stekkos #583 hozzászólására.)
I figured that out later, but it is still ambiguous, yes it is possible and probable that Motorola sold the first Mobile PHONE, but it does not specify what a mobile IS, it could be a Mobile Music player (I would doubt it) or some type of transportation vehicle. Anyways, it still requires specific knowledge
likedJKP3nt
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
587. hozzászólás - 2010.03.07. 16:59:24 (Válasz Blackplague #582 hozzászólására.)
I would argue with that one beyond that, Define SENATE, someone before them might have had a council of wise men or something like that, which is effectively a Senate, just not in name
unpopularaneksi
Végzetúr poronty
44 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
588. hozzászólás - 2010.03.07. 17:30:03 (Válasz JKP3nt #586 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: JKP3nt - 2010.03.07. 16:57:10
I figured that out later, but it is still ambiguous, yes it is possible and probable that Motorola sold the first Mobile PHONE, but it does not specify what a mobile IS, it could be a Mobile Music player (I would doubt it) or some type of transportation vehicle. Anyways, it still requires specific knowledge

It could also be a mobile RIG. Which were the first Mobiles to be installed in cars. You just couldn't dial out. So trucker lingo comes into effect. You should have said mobile phone.
popularGorgo
Végzetúr poronty
4 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
589. hozzászólás - 2010.03.07. 21:46:59 (Válasz Jerko #580 hozzászólására.)
I have lived in Kodiak, I don't need to watch a documentary.

The question asks for the heaviest bear. That is the kodiak grizzly. if it asked for bear species with the highest average weight, then that would be the polar. Read my post again before you reply with useless information. I already explained this.

If common knowledge is the belief that the polar bear is the heaviest, and it is wrong, then that is folklore. Which you just admitted. So what is your point? That I am right? Then Thanks.

G
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
590. hozzászólás - 2010.03.08. 05:28:52 (Válasz Gorgo #589 hozzászólására.)
This is what i found at various Q&A sites:

"Generally it is believed that the polar bear is the largest bear because it's taller on average. However the heaviest Kodiak subspecies of Brown Bear is heavier than the largest polar bear. Many scientists have varying opinions as to which is the largest of the two."

It seems there is a debate about the size of the bear but the Kodiak is believed to be the heaviest.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
591. hozzászólás - 2010.03.08. 05:34:36 (Válasz JKP3nt #587 hozzászólására.)
That senate question is mine and i put Romans because they were the first to actually put the idea to work. Put if Greek is the historical fact then i agree the answer should change, i couldnt verify it though. As for defining senate, i asked specifically about the term, anything else (council, parliament, village elders, etc.) are not called senate so they do not count. But if many thing the question is causing problem i vote to remove it.
likeddrakel velix
Végzetúr poronty
18 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
592. hozzászólás - 2010.03.08. 16:37:03
i got asked, what families were fighting in the war of the roses

York and Tudor
York and Lancaster <-- (apparently it's this one)
Lancaster and Plantaganets
tudors and Plantaganets.

The answer is Lancastrians and Plantaganets because Richard III was a plantaganet and was known as Richard of York and fought in the war of the roses, and York isn't the name of a family.

If i'm wrong please correct me
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
593. hozzászólás - 2010.03.08. 19:21:52 (Válasz drakel velix #592 hozzászólására.)
Wikipedia:
The Wars of the Roses were a series of dynastic civil wars between supporters of the rival houses of Lancaster and York, for the throne of England
unpopularTwinkyFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
31 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
594. hozzászólás - 2010.03.08. 23:22:08
Where does the Wizard of Oz Reside?
Kansas City
Oz
The Emerald City <-- The correct Answer
The Ruby City

The answer is actually both Oz and The Emerald City since the Emerald City resides within and is therefor part of Oz.
averageJazaray
Végzetúr poronty
33 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
595. hozzászólás - 2010.03.09. 06:12:28
Ok, I got this one today:

How many different combinations of dots are used in Braille?
63 <-- marked as correct

I got it right because it was the closest answer to 64, as 64 is the correct answer, according to these sites:

http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question3332.html

http://www.familyconnect.org/parentsite.asp?SectionID=72&DocumentID=4018

http://www.iidc.indiana.edu/cedir/kidsWeb/brailleinfo.html

There are probably more sites that state this, but I thought 3 was enough.

Thanks,
Jazaray
likeddrakel velix
Végzetúr poronty
18 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
596. hozzászólás - 2010.03.09. 16:12:37 (Válasz stekkos #593 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.03.08. 19:21:52
Wikipedia:
The Wars of the Roses were a series of dynastic civil wars between supporters of the rival houses of Lancaster and York, for the throne of England

I know that but it said families not houses, I remember the question it said: What families fought in the war of the roses (or something) it clearly says that it isn't talking about houses
A hozzászólást drakel velix módosította 2010.03.09. 16:14:41-kor
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
597. hozzászólás - 2010.03.09. 16:30:53 (Válasz Jazaray #595 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Jazaray - 2010.03.09. 06:12:28
Ok, I got this one today:

How many different combinations of dots are used in Braille?
63 <-- marked as correct

I got it right because it was the closest answer to 64, as 64 is the correct answer, according to these sites:

http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question3332.html

http://www.familyconnect.org/parentsite.asp?SectionID=72&DocumentID=4018

http://www.iidc.indiana.edu/cedir/kidsWeb/brailleinfo.html

There are probably more sites that state this, but I thought 3 was enough.

Thanks,
Jazaray

I just want to add that after reading this i checked it and you are right jazaray
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
598. hozzászólás - 2010.03.09. 16:32:50 (Válasz drakel velix #596 hozzászólására.)
Oh well, i guess i missed that detail..... I hope the author of the question can chip in with his/her opinion
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
599. hozzászólás - 2010.03.09. 20:48:12
I have a dispute about the following question: Who defeated Napoleon at Trafalgar?

Answers given:

Maximillian Robespierre
Nelson
The prince of Wellington (UM you will find that his proper title is The Duke of Wellington
Sir Francis Drake

The question should have been - Who defeated Napoleon at Waterloo?

The Battle of Trafalgar (21 October 1805) was a sea battle fought between the British Royal Navy and the combined fleets of the French Navy and Spanish Navy, during the War of the Third Coalition (August–December 1805) of the Napoleonic Wars (1803–1815). The battle was the most decisive British naval victory of the war. Twenty-seven British ships of the line led by Admiral Lord Nelson aboard HMS Victory defeated thirty-three French and Spanish ships of the line under French Admiral Pierre Villeneuve off the south-west coast of Spain, just west of Cape Trafalgar. The Franco-Spanish fleet lost twenty-two ships, without a single British vessel being lost.

The British victory spectacularly confirmed the naval supremacy that Britain had established during the past century and was achieved in part through Nelson's departure from the prevailing naval tactical orthodoxy, which involved engaging an enemy fleet in a single line of battle parallel to the enemy to facilitate signalling in battle and disengagement, and to maximize fields of fire and target areas. Nelson instead divided his smaller force into two columns directed perpendicularly against the larger enemy fleet, with decisive results.

Nelson was mortally wounded during the battle, becoming Britain's greatest war hero. The commander of the joint French and Spanish forces, Admiral Pierre de Villeneuve, was captured along with his ship Bucentaure. Spanish Admiral Federico Gravina escaped with the remnant of the fleet, and succumbed months later to wounds he sustained during the battle.

The Battle of Waterloo was fought on Sunday 18 June 1815 near Waterloo in present-day Belgium. An Imperial French army under the command of Emperor Napoleon was defeated by combined armies of the Seventh Coalition, one an Anglo-Allied army under the command of the Duke of Wellington and the other a Prussian army under the command of Gebhard von Blücher. It was the culminating battle of the Waterloo Campaign and Napoleon's last. The defeat at Waterloo put an end to Napoleon's rule as Emperor of the French and marked the end of his Hundred Days' return from exile.

Upon Napoleon's return to power in 1815, many states that had opposed him formed the Seventh Coalition and began to mobilise armies. Two large forces under Wellington and von Blücher assembled close to the northeastern border of France. Napoleon chose to attack in the hope of destroying them before they could join in a coordinated invasion of France with other members of the Coalition. The decisive engagement of this three-day Waterloo Campaign (16 June – 19 June 1815) occurred at the Battle of Waterloo. According to Wellington, the battle was "the nearest-run thing you ever saw in your life."[5]

Napoleon delayed giving battle until noon on 18 June to allow the ground to dry. Wellington's army, positioned across the Brussels road on the Mont St Jean escarpment, withstood repeated attacks by the French, until, in the evening, the Prussians arrived in force and broke through Napoleon's right flank. At that moment, Wellington's Anglo-allied army counter-attacked and drove the French army in disorder from the field. Pursuing Coalition forces entered France and restored Louis XVIII to the French throne. Napoleon abdicated, surrendered to the British, and was exiled to Saint Helena, where he died in 1821.

The battlefield is in present-day Belgium, about eight miles (12 km) SSE of Brussels, and about a mile (1.6 km) from the town of Waterloo. The site of the battlefield is today dominated by a large monument, the Lion Mound. As this mound used earth from the battlefield itself, the original topography of the part of the battlefield around the mound has not been preserved.

In summary, The Dule of Wellington defeated Napoleon at Waterloo. As far as history goes, I do not believe that Nelson and Napoleon fought.
Pontszám: 8.33
everyone's favoriteSkapunkno1Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
47 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
600. hozzászólás - 2010.03.10. 06:36:36
Theres a question What colour is batman ?? and I cant ask what colour was the first hulk. why?
Dobókocka - a sokoldalú kiegészítőAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!