Felhasználónév: Jelszó:
Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
601. hozzászólás - 2010.03.10. 11:38:36 (Válasz Skapunkno1 #600 hozzászólására.)
Because the batman question passed at the beginning when they were accepting more questions to fill the database. Things have changed now, it should be removed actually
Pontszám: 5
unpopularLichon
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
602. hozzászólás - 2010.03.10. 19:06:40
Who played the Bionic Woman?
Lindsay Wagner *
Diana Rigg
Candice Charlton
Jessica Fletcher
It should be clarified which woman is meant as more than one have played the Bionic Woman.
everyone's favoriteSkapunkno1Férfi
Végzetúr poronty
47 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
603. hozzászólás - 2010.03.10. 19:45:11 (Válasz stekkos #601 hozzászólására.)
Ok thanks.
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
604. hozzászólás - 2010.03.10. 20:08:09
You build a house, all four sides face south, what color is the bear that walk's by?

What kind of question is this ? Also there is a spelling error : walks , not walk's ( walk is ) .

Edit:

In what Tv series was the cry "Hi Ho Silver Away!!" used?

How should i know that ? That is not an INTERNATIONAL QUESTION .

Edit2:

3 are "dwarf planets" 1 is´nt... Can you find the one?

What is with the spelling errors ?
A hozzászólást Jerko módosította 2010.03.10. 20:12:01-kor
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
605. hozzászólás - 2010.03.11. 05:41:33 (Válasz Jerko #604 hozzászólására.)
Where do you get these questions?????? All should have been blocked, (ok the silver one is probably in due to the fact its a series well known to a big part of the world, not internationally though) something is going on here. I will ask Hatsepsut about it, thanxs Jerko. But go easy on the red faces, you will blow a fuse
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.03.11. 05:42:59-kor
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
606. hozzászólás - 2010.03.11. 07:07:40 (Válasz Jerko #604 hozzászólására.)
The first question is a classic riddle. There is only one type of bear in a location you could look south in every direction. There are a few riddles in the database. They can throw you for a loop when you are in the zone of answering trivia questions.

I agree with stekkos that the TV series has played in several countries. I have personally seen it while flipping through channels in 4 countries (not all english-speaking either).

The last question is bad.
unpopularLichon
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
607. hozzászólás - 2010.03.11. 11:08:45
What NFL championship game was first dubbed "Super Bowl"?

Super Bowl I
Super Bowl VII
Super Bowl III *
Super Bowl V
All answer are super bowl, so ANY answer should be correct. Yet only "Super Bowl III" is correct. wtf?!
Pontszám: 6
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
608. hozzászólás - 2010.03.11. 13:40:07 (Válasz stekkos #605 hozzászólására.)
First question is mine, and all it needs is removing '

The fact that Jerko (btw, odakle si, Jerko?) didn't get the riddle, doesn't make the question wrong...

Oh, stekkos, and did u start think than lots of countries synchronize their shows, so this particular line might not be that well known? (luckily, I am not in those countries. But I still don't know the answer..)
A hozzászólást Valkyrie módosította 2010.03.11. 13:42:49-kor
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
609. hozzászólás - 2010.03.11. 15:55:28 (Válasz Valkyrie #608 hozzászólására.)
You mean they translate the show to the local language, no i did not think of that But its not my qustion so i cannot defend it any further
unpopularaneksi
Végzetúr poronty
44 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
610. hozzászólás - 2010.03.11. 16:21:52
Just saw a question I believe should not have been allowed in. It asked in the bible who killed able. Of course the correct answer is cain. But my problem with this is only a certain group of people would know this wouldn't they? Not everyone reads the bible or believes in that religion to know. I may be wrong on this and am not making a big deal about it. But do believe this shouldn't of been allowed.
unpopularTwinkyFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
31 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
611. hozzászólás - 2010.03.11. 19:48:51 (Válasz aneksi #610 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: aneksi - 2010.03.11. 16:21:52
Just saw a question I believe should not have been allowed in. It asked in the bible who killed able. Of course the correct answer is cain. But my problem with this is only a certain group of people would know this wouldn't they? Not everyone reads the bible or believes in that religion to know. I may be wrong on this and am not making a big deal about it. But do believe this shouldn't of been allowed.

Normally would agree with you, expecially when given the chance to spit in the face of Organized Religion, but I'm gonna have to say that since the Bible (Either old or new testmant, I don't remember) is the #1 Selling book in the world, and the fact that several movies (The exact number I will not reveal as that will be my next Triva question but sufice it to say ALOT) have been made from it, and the fact that some bibilical events are used as a basis for some RP Games (In Vampire: The Masqurade, Cain the biblical slayer of Abel is the first Vampire) I'd say that it's common enough use.
Pontszám: 7.50
irritatingHyannisFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
48 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
612. hozzászólás - 2010.03.11. 19:55:13
Someone asked 'How many Major Gods are there in Greek Mythology? The selection of answers are 12, 13, 14 and 15. The answer given was 12. But correct me if I am wrong, I believe there are 14 and they are:

Zeus - King
Hera - Queen
Aphrodite - goddess of love and beauty
Apollo - god of light, truth, healing, music, poetry and archery
Ares - god of war
Artemis - goddess of hunt, moon and children
Athena - goddess of wisdom, war, patriotism and good citizenship
Demeter - goddess of grain, agriculture and fertility
Dionysus - god of wine, vegetation and theater
Hades - god of the underworld
Hephaestus - god of forge and fire
Hermes - messenger of the gods, god of motion, travelers, commerce, thieves and sheep
Hestia - goddess of hearth and home
Poseidon - god of the sea, earthquakes and horses
A hozzászólást Hyannis módosította 2010.03.11. 19:55:54-kor
averageThucydides
Végzetúr poronty
25 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
613. hozzászólás - 2010.03.11. 19:57:27
I found 2 errors so far today....

one question was posted like this:

1. wich is a Peruvian dish?

wich is spelled wrong.....it should be which....even though I know what he's asking...the "quiz testers" seem to have problems with this.

2. How tall is Tugela Falls?

the answer that they put down as correct was 948 feet.......and the correct answer is 948 METERS...not feet
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
614. hozzászólás - 2010.03.11. 21:06:25 (Válasz Hyannis #612 hozzászólására.)
as far as i know, first there were 12 Olympians who are considered to be major gods:

Zeus
Hera
Poseidon
Hermes
Hestia
Demeter
Aphrodite
Athena
Apollo
Artemis
Ares
Hephaestus

Dionysos was offered a seat later and Hades was not generally included in the twelve as spending almost all of his time in the underworld he did not have a seat in the pantheon.

Idézet: Hyannis - 2010.03.11. 19:55:13
Someone asked 'How many Major Gods are there in Greek Mythology? The selection of answers are 12, 13, 14 and 15. The answer given was 12. But correct me if I am wrong, I believe there are 14 and they are:
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
615. hozzászólás - 2010.03.12. 04:15:26 (Válasz Pogaxa #614 hozzászólására.)
Pogaxa is right, the Greek pantheon had a lot more than 12 gods but they were only 12 olympians.
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
616. hozzászólás - 2010.03.12. 04:20:48 (Válasz Jerko #604 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Jerko - 2010.03.10. 20:08:09
You build a house, all four sides face south, what color is the bear that walk's by?

What kind of question is this ? Also there is a spelling error : walks , not walk's ( walk is ) .

Edit:

In what Tv series was the cry "Hi Ho Silver Away!!" used?

How should i know that ? That is not an INTERNATIONAL QUESTION .

Edit2:

3 are "dwarf planets" 1 is´nt... Can you find the one?

What is with the spelling errors ?

As a response to your post i messaged the quiz admin and the reply i got is this:

"I don't know, there may be a problem if the evaluator makes a double click. They are corrected now."

So consider the issue resolved
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
617. hozzászólás - 2010.03.12. 04:23:23 (Válasz Thucydides #613 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Thucydides - 2010.03.11. 19:57:27
I found 2 errors so far today....

one question was posted like this:

1. wich is a Peruvian dish?

wich is spelled wrong.....it should be which....even though I know what he's asking...the "quiz testers" seem to have problems with this.

2. How tall is Tugela Falls?

the answer that they put down as correct was 948 feet.......and the correct answer is 948 METERS...not feet

Both errors you found need fixing, rest assured they will be dealt with. As help to the admins i post this from wikipedia:

""Tugela Falls is the world's second highest waterfall. The total drop in five free-leaping falls is 948 meters (3110 feet). ""
much likedChaoticGeminiNő
Végzetúr poronty
583 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
618. hozzászólás - 2010.03.12. 06:28:58 (Válasz stekkos #615 hozzászólására.)
According to the original poster, the question does ask how many major greek gods, not how many original olympian gods. So, at minimum it sounds like the question should be reworded.
likedPogaxaNő
Végzetúr poronty
227 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
619. hozzászólás - 2010.03.12. 12:02:28 (Válasz ChaoticGemini #618 hozzászólására.)
that's what i tried to tell those 12 Olympians are considered to be the major gods. but a rewording should not do harm
averageVenus31Nő
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
620. hozzászólás - 2010.03.12. 12:39:14
Here is another quiz error.

How Tall is the Statue of Liberty?

151 Feet 1 Inch
131 Feet 1 Inch
121 Feet 1 inch
141 Feet 1 Inch

the question itself is wrong, since there are more than 1 statue of liberty in the world. haven't you watched the movie National Treasure? The question should specify what statue of liberty is being talked about. But i believe this question is about the statue in U.S.A. So, to avoid misunderstanding, i believe that this question should be more specific.
A hozzászólást Venus31 módosította 2010.03.12. 12:40:02-kor
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője