Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
561. hozzászólás - 2010.03.04. 08:43:29
Question: Which islands are not in Atlantic Ocean:
Baleares
Cape Verdes
Azores
Canary

Technically, Mediterranen sea is part of the Atlantic Ocean, so all of them are in Atlantic ocean.
Pontszám: 5
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
562. hozzászólás - 2010.03.04. 09:42:51 (Válasz Hrus #561 hozzászólására.)
Wikipedia: The sea is technically a part of the Atlantic Ocean, although it is usually identified as a completely separate body of water. Why i post this? You are right first of all but as you can see most of the world does not consider it to be so. Therefore the question is clear enough not to cause confusion (is like asking about which direction does the sun moves over the horizon, everyone will answer without questioning the fact that is the earth that is moving and not the sun)
likednerdearsFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
33 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
563. hozzászólás - 2010.03.04. 16:48:19 (Válasz aneksi #560 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: aneksi - 2010.03.04. 02:46:46
Idézet: nerdears - 2010.03.03. 21:20:35
Most people know it as "Ring Around the rosey, pocket full of posey, ashes, ashes, we all fall down"!

I haven't had this question yet nor did I write it, but I do know it is about the black plague and the actual rhyme (or as close as I can remember) is:

"Ring a ring of roses, pocket full of posies (I think), achoo, achoo, we all fall down" and refers to the protection they tried to use against the plague.

Does this help with the question and answer? I don't know what answers were given and I don't know what the actual question is.

Also, I happened to know this without looking it up, but I doubt it is common knowledge.

The story goes in 1347 people sang this song because of the plague. The "ring" refered to the round red rash. The "a pocket full of posies" was the flowers ppl carried for protection. "Ashes" was a corruption of the sneezing sounds. And " all fall down" were the dead. It has a lot of variations. Amung the one we all know, the one listed above, there are also.

Ring a ring a rosie,
A bottle full of posie,
All the girls in town,
Ring a little Josie.

Round the ring of roses,
Pots full of posies,
The one stoops the last,
Shell tell whom she loves the best.

Ring-a-ring o' roses,
A pocket full of posies,
One for jack, and one foe jim,
And one for little moses.
A-tischa! A-tischa! A-tischa!

Ring, a ring o'roses,
A pocket full o' posies,
Up-stairs and down-stairs,
In my lady's chamber-
Husher! Husher! Cuckoo.

BUT the actual history of the meaning is up to interpritation. All of these version are said to be from around the same era. But noone has any idea the true meaning of any of them.

The actually meaning wasnt even published until 1961. And by that i mean it was never published before this date that this song refered to the black plague.

Many believe the songs derived from religious bans on dancing. And that adolescents would play these songs as games in which rings were involved. They even had more the one dance or game. "Little sally saucer" was also a song compared to this one.

So in the end songs like this and a tisket a tasket, hey diddle didle and even i am a little walrus all have no particular meaning. So to say it is for SURE this song is derived from the black plague actually is false.

See that, now I have even more useless knowledge about this! LOL, thanks for the added info.
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
564. hozzászólás - 2010.03.04. 17:23:07
Delete!
A hozzászólást Jerko módosította 2010.03.04. 17:23:40-kor
averageVenus31Nő
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
565. hozzászólás - 2010.03.05. 02:11:59
Hi I would like to report a quiz error... the question goes

What are the names of the 3 wise monkeys of the see no, hear no, speak no evil fame?

Aadi, Abhi, Abhik
Moe, Larry, Curly
Ezo, Izo, Ozo
Mizaru, Mikazaru, Mazaru --> this is the answer

The answer is incorrect, Others believe that the saying originated from a Japanese play on words. “See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil,” translated into Japanese is, “mizaru, kikazaru, iwazaru.” The Japanese word for monkey is “saru”, and sounds very similar to the verb-ending “zaru”. It is easy to see how the saying may have originated from a fun play on words.
unpopularTwinkyFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
31 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
566. hozzászólás - 2010.03.05. 19:44:44
I just recived this question

What was the first religion to belive in One God
1) Christianity
2) Judaism
3) Islam
4) Buddism

It states that the correct answer is Judaism, but this is incorrect, the answer is not given on the list. There was a period in Egyptian history in which the believe in the Pantheonic belief (Worship of Multiple Gods) was stopped and Atenism( the belief in Ra-Horus-Aten, or more commenly refered to as simply Aten) was instilled as the a monotheism. This was done by the Pharoh Amenhotep IV who later changed his name to Akhenaten. The first document appeared in the 12th Dynasty, Amenhotep IV's rule was between 1815 BC – 1806 BC of the 12th Dynasty, which predates any documented date that I can find on Judisim.

http://www.egyptiandreams.co.uk/aten.php <-- For more information on Atenism
likedJKP3nt
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
567. hozzászólás - 2010.03.06. 00:52:57
The Simpsons have been on the air for how long?

25 years
15 years
20 years
10 years

Two complaints:
(a) will change in a year
(b) requires specific knowledge
unpopularaneksi
Végzetúr poronty
44 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
568. hozzászólás - 2010.03.06. 04:21:25
Just saw a question i know is wrong. It asked-

Which one of these did the canadians invent-
1-the bible
2-democracy
3-lacrosse
4-dont remember lol

The correct answer was lacrosse but this is just dead wrong. I cannot believe a answer so simple as this was got sooo wrong. Fact of the matter is Indians created lacrosse and french men exploring saw this and named it le crosse, For the stick. Lacrosse was invented by the Iroquois and Huron Peoples.

Iroquois (-kwoi', -kwoiz').
A Native American confederacy inhabiting New York State and originally composed of the Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga, and Seneca peoples, known as the Five Nations. After 1722 the confederacy was joined by the Tuscaroras to form the Six Nations. Also called Iroquois League.
A member of this confederacy or of any of its peoples.
Any or all of the languages of the Iroquois.

Wyandot, or -dots, also Wyandotte or -dottes. AKA huron peoples-
A Native American people formed of groups displaced by the destruction of the Huron confederacy in the mid-17th century, formerly located in Ohio and the upper Midwest and now living in northeast Oklahoma.
A member of this people.
The Iroquoian language of the Wyandot.
[Wyandot wãdát, tribal name.]
popularGod fiala
Végzetúr poronty
16 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
569. hozzászólás - 2010.03.06. 05:27:56
I was asked a question that was like.. "which of these about whales is false?"
A. Whales have never been hunted.
B. Whales have hair.
C. Whales feed young with mammary glands.
D. Whales are mammals.

The answer was A. This is very false... whales have been hunted.. that is common knowledge.
Pontszám: 7.50
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
570. hozzászólás - 2010.03.06. 06:27:05 (Válasz God fiala #569 hozzászólására.)
And so thats what the answer should be. The question wants you to answer what is FALSE about whales
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
571. hozzászólás - 2010.03.06. 06:34:42 (Válasz Twinky #566 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Twinky - 2010.03.05. 19:44:44
I just recived this question

What was the first religion to belive in One God
1) Christianity
2) Judaism
3) Islam
4) Buddism

It states that the correct answer is Judaism, but this is incorrect, the answer is not given on the list. There was a period in Egyptian history in which the believe in the Pantheonic belief (Worship of Multiple Gods) was stopped and Atenism( the belief in Ra-Horus-Aten, or more commenly refered to as simply Aten) was instilled as the a monotheism. This was done by the Pharoh Amenhotep IV who later changed his name to Akhenaten. The first document appeared in the 12th Dynasty, Amenhotep IV's rule was between 1815 BC – 1806 BC of the 12th Dynasty, which predates any documented date that I can find on Judisim.

http://www.egyptiandreams.co.uk/aten.php <-- For more information on Atenism

Regardless, according to the information there, this religion came to be long after the jews migrated to Egypt. Before the events stated in Exodus and their organization as a nation, but still they existed as an ethnic group within Egypt and worshipped only one god. Even the link speculates that the sudden and brief turn to Monotheism might have been of jewish influence.

But very nice trivia, didnt know there was a time Egyptians worchiped one god, you could use it in the quiz
unpopularTwinkyFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
31 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
572. hozzászólás - 2010.03.06. 17:54:29 (Válasz stekkos #571 hozzászólására.)
Yeah, I re-read it. I'm kind of a dumass about Judisim cause I keep forgetting that it dates back prior to Moses and the Hebrew people being freed from slavery.

And yeah, I was considering making it into a quiz question but I never really got around to figuring what kind of question I'd make from it.
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
573. hozzászólás - 2010.03.06. 18:49:46
What is a transformer in reality (as opposed to the movie/comics)?
An electrical device wich changes the voltage
An animal taking many forms to camouflage itself
The latest in stealth technology
A machine that does a lot of things

Which ! How could you possibly not notice this mistake?
popularGod fiala
Végzetúr poronty
16 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
574. hozzászólás - 2010.03.06. 20:31:14 (Válasz stekkos #571 hozzászólására.)
Whales have been hunted.. therefore it isn't false... thanks
popularGorgo
Végzetúr poronty
4 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
polar bear
575. hozzászólás - 2010.03.06. 22:29:50
the question that asks the heaviest bear is wrong. The correct answer in the database is marked "Polar".

People generally assume that the polar bear is the heaviest bear, but that is folklore, and incorrect. On AVERAGE polar bears are heavier then other bears, but the heaviest bear ever weighed is the Kodiak Grizzly.

Please fix this in the database, or fix the question to say 'on average'.

Thanks
Pontszám: 6.50
popularDedhedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
576. hozzászólás - 2010.03.07. 01:23:21
What is Panserraikos?
The correct answer is: The best greek football team?.

Can anyone tell me how this team is the best in Greece?
Because for what I can tell of the information I can find, it appears that they are in the Greek 2nd Division (Beta Ethniki)...

I accept that they are a Greek football team... but "League Championships" decide who is the best, not someone's opinion!
unpopularTwinkyFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
31 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
577. hozzászólás - 2010.03.07. 02:29:17 (Válasz God fiala #574 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: God fiala - 2010.03.06. 20:31:14
Whales have been hunted.. therefore it isn't false... thanks

The Question is

Which of these following statments is FALSE

The answer is Whales have NEVER been Hunted (A False Statment by the very quote I just coppied from you)

What are you missing about this?
Pontszám: 5.33
averageblazerdave77
Végzetúr poronty
2 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
578. hozzászólás - 2010.03.07. 06:22:30
which game is not an RPG?

my question gets rejected becuase it is unlikely everyone would know the answer, but everyone knows every video game ever invented right!
likedJKP3nt
Végzetúr poronty
27 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
579. hozzászólás - 2010.03.07. 06:39:39
Who sold the first commercial mobile?

Motorola
Nokia
Siemens
Sony

First, it is unclear what a "mobile" is. Also, whatever they mean by mobile, It will certainly is going to be a debatable topic. And last, it requires lexical knowledge. I am really wondering about the question evaluators now
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
580. hozzászólás - 2010.03.07. 12:49:24
Polar bears are generally the heaviest . Kodiak have the benefit of living on a prosperous island .

And it isn't folklore , watch some documentaries .
A hozzászólást Jerko módosította 2010.03.07. 14:03:56-kor
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiRésföld - a HKK legújabb kiegészítője