Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - hewman100

Oldal: 1
Dátum: 2010.08.10. 19:28:58
Which branch of the U.S. Military only had fifty members at the outbreak of World War I? (I think that is the wording)

The correct answer is given as The U.S. Air Force

The USAF did not exist until 1947.
Dátum: 2010.04.30. 22:20:15
"Which King Henry won the Battle of Azincourt?"

That should be Agincourt
Dátum: 2010.04.17. 21:46:01
How big is the earths mantle?

First off Capital E for EARTH, in this case it is a proper noun

I can't remember the numbers but as they were all km (kilometres) I assume that 'big' refers to the average depth of the mantle from bottom of the crust to outer core, and also that we're taking the depth of the Upper and Lower Mantle combined.

'Big' as a description doesn't quite cover it does it?
Dátum: 2010.04.11. 09:20:44
What is the name of the British Prime Minister?

This question needs to be removed IMMEDIATELY as after 6th May the current correct answer could well become incorrect.
Dátum: 2010.04.10. 10:46:49
"The first coast-to-coast telephone line was established in what year?"

Which coasts are we talking about, and in which country?

Most people would hazard a guess that the question refers to the Continental US, and thus the East and West coasts.

However despite what a lot of Americans may think they aren't the only country in the world
Dátum: 2010.04.06. 11:06:48
How tall is the Eiffle Tower?

Come on. If you can write a question like this, surely you should be able to spell EIFFEL
Dátum: 2010.03.31. 21:27:44
Which of these is a country and a continent?

America
Asia
Australia
Africa

The correct answer given is Australia

Australia is part of the "continent" Australia/Oceania or Australasia, which includes New Zealand and several other island chains in the South West Pacific
Dátum: 2010.03.25. 23:47:02
Idézet: Tusina - 2010.03.25. 07:27:50

So then I just answered that one wrong and continued clicking away until there was this question about "the blitz". Ok, there's an error already. It's The Blitz, not the blitz. Secondly, Blitz is a surname, Blitz is a american football team, a blitz is apparently a general name for an armed conflict, Blitz is a computer game, blitz is a defensive maneuvre in american football, Blitz is a british punk-rock band, blitz is... ah well you probably got my point already.

And even if you didn't, how the hell is someone supposed to know who was the prime minister of England during some war?
Let me ask you, who was the president of Finland during Winter War (happened during WW2)? Nope, you don't know. Hell, I don't know. But that's "specialized" anyway, isn't it?
Now, tell me how England is different from Finland there?
Winter War is the biggest armed conflict that ever happened to Finland and they held back the great Soviet Union at it's blossom by themselves (the numbers are really fascinating, google if you're interested in war stuff), so don't start telling me your Blitz is more of a historical event. Whatever would have happened if Soviet swallowed Finland in that war..

Oh, and please don't consider this flaming. It's not. I'm always like this.

How is anyone supposed to know anything? I look up at least 40% of the questions asked, every question could be called "specialized". I'm not a walking encyclopedia, just as you're not.
I could turn around and complain about every sports question, or question that centres on American history I encounter.

You could have kept your response to the wording of the question and saying how it could be changed, but decided to get bogged down in the even more specialized subject of the Winter War which IIRC was won with aid supplied by Great Britain amongst others.

And it took me a but a minute to find out that Risto Ryti was the Finnish president until 1944 using a well-known search engine, so I'm pretty sure you and most others could have done the same to come up with Winston Churchill (you may of heard of him) in about the same time.
Dátum: 2010.03.23. 11:05:57
What was not used for the first time in the First World War?

The answers:
Airplane
Tank
Machine gun
Rocket

There are two answers to this as the Gatling Gun was used in limited numbers during the American Civil War. The Maxim gun, the first true single barrelled machine gun, was used during the First Matabele war (1893-1895) and the Second Boer War (1900) by the British.

The answer given as correct is the Rocket, which the Chinese used in the Ninth Century.
Oldal: 1