Jazaray
Pontszám: 5
averagemuggs
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
782. hozzászólás - 2010.03.25. 01:52:08
the question is what is the largest country in world the correct answer should be canada
the quiz said russia russia used to be the largest until the split of the ussr when it split into many countries
much likedTusina
Végzetúr poronty
9 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
783. hozzászólás - 2010.03.25. 07:27:50 (Válasz muggs #782 hozzászólására.)
Yea I dunno where I should be complaining about questions that got past evaluation but are either quite specialized or full of grammar errors.
So I will do it here.

There was this question about teeth. How many does an average human have. The answer was a correct 32, but it was spelled so incorrectly I had to read it a couple of times to stop laughing. Can't remember the exact wording but wow... How did that get thru? I mean English isn't even my native tongue and I still know better...

Then there was this question about bones in the ear. "Which one of these isn't a bone in human ear?" or something like that.
Well how the kack am I supposed to know what the bones in the damn ear are IN ENGLISH? That's quite specialized information. First of all human anatomy to the lenghts of naming bones is medical school business, not common knowledge. Secondly, even if I happen to know them on my language, there are probably more non-native English speakers than native ones, and most of them are bound to have the same problem as I do, assuming they even know the ear bones.
Besides the international language of medicine is Latin, not English.

So then I just answered that one wrong and continued clicking away until there was this question about "the blitz". Ok, there's an error already. It's The Blitz, not the blitz. Secondly, Blitz is a surname, Blitz is a american football team, a blitz is apparently a general name for an armed conflict, Blitz is a computer game, blitz is a defensive maneuvre in american football, Blitz is a british punk-rock band, blitz is... ah well you probably got my point already.

And even if you didn't, how the hell is someone supposed to know who was the prime minister of England during some war?
Let me ask you, who was the president of Finland during Winter War (happened during WW2)? Nope, you don't know. Hell, I don't know. But that's "specialized" anyway, isn't it?
Now, tell me how England is different from Finland there?
Winter War is the biggest armed conflict that ever happened to Finland and they held back the great Soviet Union at it's blossom by themselves (the numbers are really fascinating, google if you're interested in war stuff), so don't start telling me your Blitz is more of a historical event. Whatever would have happened if Soviet swallowed Finland in that war..

Oh, and please don't consider this flaming. It's not. I'm always like this.
averageIcestallionFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
784. hozzászólás - 2010.03.25. 07:31:22
The question about the movie Underworld regarding the two sides fighting. The correct answer is Vampires and lycans (werewolves)
but if you select this as the answer it comes up as wrong
much likedTusina
Végzetúr poronty
9 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
785. hozzászólás - 2010.03.25. 07:32:06 (Válasz muggs #782 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: muggs - 2010.03.25. 01:52:08
the question is what is the largest country in world the correct answer should be canada
the quiz said russia russia used to be the largest until the split of the ussr when it split into many countries

Nope. Not even close.

Russia: 17,075,400 km2
Canada: 9,984,670 km2

Yea, Canada comes 2nd, but still 2nd...

You can see the difference just by looking at the world map.. It's not far from being double the size.
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
786. hozzászólás - 2010.03.25. 08:08:47
how many gramms are i 1 ton?

How could something like this get past the evaluators ?

The correct answer is 1,000,000 but it is in fact : 907 184.74 grams
A hozzászólást Jerko módosította 2010.03.25. 08:09:43-kor
unpopularTwinkyFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
31 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
787. hozzászólás - 2010.03.25. 10:53:00 (Válasz Tusina #783 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Tusina - 2010.03.25. 07:27:50
Yea I dunno where I should be complaining about questions that got past evaluation but are either quite specialized or full of grammar errors.
So I will do it here.

Then there was this question about bones in the ear. "Which one of these isn't a bone in human ear?" or something like that.
Well how the kack am I supposed to know what the bones in the damn ear are IN ENGLISH? That's quite specialized information. First of all human anatomy to the lenghts of naming bones is medical school business, not common knowledge. Secondly, even if I happen to know them on my language, there are probably more non-native English speakers than native ones, and most of them are bound to have the same problem as I do, assuming they even know the ear bones.
Besides the international language of medicine is Latin, not English .

That would be the fault of whatever system translates from English to which ever language you speak than, not that of the person asking the question. The question itself doesn't ask for the English name the way you have put it, it just askes which one of the bones isn't in the human ear. So whatever the hell the answer is, should be just as understandable to you if the system used to translate english to which ever language is your native language is working correctly.

Let me ask you, who was the president of Finland during Winter War (happened during WW2)?
Urho Kekkonen, and no, I'm not from Finland, nor am I a History Buff, I just googled it, hell I didn't even have to open the first link, his name is in the descriptive sentance for the first link. Historical Knowledge isn't "Specialized" knowledge, it's just knowledge that not everyone knows. Specialized knowledge would be some shit like "What is the name of the Artificial Intelligence that Aids Master Chief throughout the Halo Game Series".
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
788. hozzászólás - 2010.03.25. 16:32:10
Who wrote "Le Pere Goriot" ?
Emile Zola
Gustave Flaubert
Jack Kerouac
Honore de Balzac

Enough with the damn Literature questions already! My sports questions get rejected, yet the quiz is flooded with obscure Arts & Lit questions!

How many cities in the world named Alexandria?

Prove this... Impossible. Mods are sleeping on the job again.

Which planet is about twice size of Pluto in diameter?
Neptune
Mars
Venus
Mercury

Really? This is a common knowledge question, or one where the answer is easily found?
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
789. hozzászólás - 2010.03.25. 16:34:17 (Válasz Jerko #786 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Jerko - 2010.03.25. 08:08:47

Is not asking the exact number, the common understanding is 1000kg or 1 million g.
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
790. hozzászólás - 2010.03.25. 17:25:46
Look at the question . DELETE IT !

I think you should choose different evaluators . The current ones are doing an awful job .
Pontszám: 4
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
791. hozzászólás - 2010.03.25. 18:24:59
what was capital of england before london?
kings lynn
york
colchester
winchester

No capital letters , no nothing ? What ?
Pontszám: 5.50
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
792. hozzászólás - 2010.03.25. 19:13:34 (Válasz Jerko #791 hozzászólására.)
There was never an issue with capital letters being a must. Too much misspelling already, adding capital letters to that would make posting a question for non english speakers too hard. As always, thats what i personally thing
A hozzászólást stekkos módosította 2010.03.25. 19:13:54-kor
much likedTusina
Végzetúr poronty
9 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
793. hozzászólás - 2010.03.25. 20:16:12 (Válasz Twinky #787 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Twinky - 2010.03.25. 10:53:00
So I will do it here.

Besides the international language of medicine is Latin, not English .

That would be the fault of whatever system translates from English to which ever language you speak than, not that of the person asking the question. The question itself doesn't ask for the English name the way you have put it, it just askes which one of the bones isn't in the human ear. So whatever the hell the answer is, should be just as understandable to you if the system used to translate english to which ever language is your native language is working correctly.

The thing between my shoulders that you call "the system" is working properly. It just doesn't have every word in it yet...
My point was everyone just can't have such fluent English skills that they'd know English names to ear bones.
THAT is specialized.

Urho Kekkonen, and no, I'm not from Finland, nor am I a History Buff, I just googled it, hell I didn't even have to open the first link, his name is in the descriptive sentance for the first link. Historical Knowledge isn't "Specialized" knowledge, it's just knowledge that not everyone knows. Specialized knowledge would be some shit like "What is the name of the Artificial Intelligence that Aids Master Chief throughout the Halo Game Series".

Mmm.. Ok, you got lucky.
I did try google. Wikipedia didn't mention words "prime" or "minister" in the damn long article about The Blitz. That's when I stopped.

Also, I've studied my bit of history in upper secondary school and I haven't ever before heard about The Blitz. That's how common knowledge it is. I think I read in the evaluation criteria something about stuff they teach in schools, but maybe the evaluator happened to be british. Still pisses me off a bit tho...
A hozzászólást Tusina módosította 2010.03.25. 20:22:33-kor
likedMartinBV
Végzetúr poronty
524 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
794. hozzászólás - 2010.03.25. 21:04:11 (Válasz stekkos #789 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: stekkos - 2010.03.25. 16:34:17
Idézet: Jerko - 2010.03.25. 08:08:47

Is not asking the exact number, the common understanding is 1000kg or 1 million g.

As a matter of fact one metric ton is exactly 1,000,000 gram, trouble is the question doesn't specify what measuring system to use. Here are a few of the various definitions of a ton: (taken from: thefreedictionary.com)
1. A unit of weight equal to 2,000 pounds (0.907 metric ton or 907.18 kilograms). Also called net ton, short ton.
2. A unit of weight equal to 2,240 pounds (1.016 metric tons or 1,016.05 kilograms). Also called long ton.
3. A metric ton. See Table at measurement.
4. A unit of capacity for cargo in maritime shipping, normally estimated at 40 cubic feet.
5. A unit of internal capacity of a ship equal to 100 cubic feet.
6. A unit for measuring the displacement of ships, equal to 35 cubic feet, and supposed to equal the volume taken by a long ton of seawater.
much likedhewman100
Végzetúr poronty
9 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
795. hozzászólás - 2010.03.25. 23:47:02 (Válasz Tusina #783 hozzászólására.)

So then I just answered that one wrong and continued clicking away until there was this question about "the blitz". Ok, there's an error already. It's The Blitz, not the blitz. Secondly, Blitz is a surname, Blitz is a american football team, a blitz is apparently a general name for an armed conflict, Blitz is a computer game, blitz is a defensive maneuvre in american football, Blitz is a british punk-rock band, blitz is... ah well you probably got my point already.

And even if you didn't, how the hell is someone supposed to know who was the prime minister of England during some war?
Let me ask you, who was the president of Finland during Winter War (happened during WW2)? Nope, you don't know. Hell, I don't know. But that's "specialized" anyway, isn't it?
Winter War is the biggest armed conflict that ever happened to Finland and they held back the great Soviet Union at it's blossom by themselves (the numbers are really fascinating, google if you're interested in war stuff), so don't start telling me your Blitz is more of a historical event. Whatever would have happened if Soviet swallowed Finland in that war..

How is anyone supposed to know anything? I look up at least 40% of the questions asked, every question could be called "specialized". I'm not a walking encyclopedia, just as you're not.
I could turn around and complain about every sports question, or question that centres on American history I encounter.

You could have kept your response to the wording of the question and saying how it could be changed, but decided to get bogged down in the even more specialized subject of the Winter War which IIRC was won with aid supplied by Great Britain amongst others.

And it took me a but a minute to find out that Risto Ryti was the Finnish president until 1944 using a well-known search engine, so I'm pretty sure you and most others could have done the same to come up with Winston Churchill (you may of heard of him) in about the same time.
much likedTusina
Végzetúr poronty
9 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
796. hozzászólás - 2010.03.26. 05:22:35 (Válasz hewman100 #795 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: hewman100 - 2010.03.25. 23:47:02

How is anyone supposed to know anything? I look up at least 40% of the questions asked, every question could be called "specialized". I'm not a walking encyclopedia, just as you're not.
I could turn around and complain about every sports question, or question that centres on American history I encounter.

Indeed you could. But you only do so if it's a smaller country you know even less about or sports like curling or elephant polo, right?

You could have kept your response to the wording of the question and saying how it could be changed, but decided to get bogged down in the even more specialized subject of the Winter War which IIRC was won with aid supplied by Great Britain amongst others.

Changing the wording wouldn't really help unless it gave away an easy clue.

And it took me a but a minute to find out that Risto Ryti was the Finnish president until 1944 using a well-known search engine, so I'm pretty sure you and most others could have done the same to come up with Winston Churchill (you may of heard of him) in about the same time.

As I said I tried to google the answer to The Blitz question and came up with nothing. And I'm not that bad with google...

BTW your answer is wrong... It was Kyösti Kallio.
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
797. hozzászólás - 2010.03.26. 08:24:03
Then maybe non-english speakers shouldn't post any questions .
Pontszám: 3.50
averageKartoznikasFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
798. hozzászólás - 2010.03.26. 09:05:10 (Válasz muggs #782 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: muggs - 2010.03.25. 01:52:08

No, Russia is still bigest country!

# Russia: 17,075,200 km2 (6,591,027 mi2)
# Canada: 9,984,670 km2 (3,854,082 mi2)
hatedJerko
Végzetúr poronty
114 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
799. hozzászólás - 2010.03.26. 09:16:14
What is scotlands national emblem.

DELETE .
Pontszám: 4
unpopularaneksi