Szerző
Topic neve: Quiz errors
popularDedhedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Quiz errors
1021. hozzászólás - 2010.04.28. 09:48:28
What is not accurate in the expression "shooting star"?

Its a star, but is too slolw to call it shooting
Its shooting, but its not a star. Its a meteor
Nothing, the expession is just fine
Its not a star and is too slow to call it shooting

I have an idea of what the person that thought up this question was trying to say, but damn!!! they don't half make it look confusing
Pontszám: 5
popularBannedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
73 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1022. hozzászólás - 2010.04.28. 15:45:34
Why do we even bother?...really...<sighs>

I'm done.

"What is the Thai name for Bangkok?"

How about "None of the Given answers because the creator of the question decided to be lazy"?

The answer is actually:
Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Yuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Phiman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit

Yup...the whole shabang.

Don't ask "what is Mozart's full name" and only give a part of it.
Most people think it is Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart...

But it's actually Johannes Chrysostomus Wolfgangus Theophilus Mozart

Yes...I am being picky.deal with it.
Quite simply the answer given is not correct. Period.
Pontszám: 3
likednerdearsFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
33 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1023. hozzászólás - 2010.04.29. 12:15:39
There is a question "Who is John Madden?"

There are two correct answers given

"a retired football player"
"an ice hockey player"

The one they want is retired football player, but there is a player on the Chicago Blackhawks named John Madden. I actually got this wrong because I live in Chicago and have been watching a lot of hockey.

Please remove this question or fix the answers given.
irritatingrok3269
Végzetúr poronty
45 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1024. hozzászólás - 2010.04.29. 12:32:19
Which Legend chapter of Doomlord explains the cause of the vorex storms found on the surface.
Four
Eight
Zero
Eleven

How does a question like this get by ?? when the answer is zero and not everyone playing is lvl Eleven yet, they would have no idea if the answer is eleven or zero? I am only lvl 8 .. of course I got the question wrong I was looking back at the legend and sice it wasn't explained yet, current to my lvl, I picked 11 only to find it was zero. If this question doesn't fall under "known only to a select group", then no other question can be, could be, or even should be, considered the same. You have to be at least lvl 11 or higher to be able to answer this question. This is why I don't like to answer questions anymore and don't bother to write them either. There is a huge, one-sided gap in the game, when it comes to the quiz portion. Until it is made fair for all, I for one, will not be answering or writing questions. I'll renounce take the 45SE, and walk away. Eventually others will feel the same way and the pool of questions will begin to dwindle until there are none left. Then you won't have to worry about not having enough people available to evaluate them. and this forum will close up too.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1025. hozzászólás - 2010.04.29. 21:33:16
Who first invented the ship?

Answer given - Greeks

Not only is this a stupid question - it's wrong. The Egyptians are a far older civilization than the Greeks, and built ships far earlier. And that's ignoring nomadic tribes that built rudimentary "canoes" to cross small bodies of water.

Both the question and the Mod need a kick.
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1026. hozzászólás - 2010.04.30. 03:07:34
What day is Inauguration Day?

a) For what country (and yes, I know Americans think they are the only people on the planet, but still)
b) Really, who gives a sh!t? Seeing this get passed while others get blocked makes a mockery of something that is already a pretty big farce (the quiz system).
averageBoar
Végzetúr poronty
154 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1027. hozzászólás - 2010.04.30. 10:46:32
The Grand Old Duke of York had how many men?

Well, the game is international(as i mentioned many times before), so maybe the children's nursery rhymes are not good questions here! How the hell should we,foreigners know it, when it is only for one single nation? If everyone is starting to post questions with their mother language's rhymes, the quiz will be a meaningless babble... Delete please!
Pontszám: 5.33
much likedSpin
Végzetúr poronty
83 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1028. hozzászólás - 2010.04.30. 12:09:25 (Válasz Boar #1014 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Boar - 2010.04.27. 14:56:43
Which of these is not a Playstation 3 game?
Assassin's Creed
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
Little Big Planet
SSX 3

Actually non of these are PS3 games, all of them are multi-console games. The correct title would be: Which of the followings are not playable on PS3... Or something like that. But as I see, this is a special knowledge also. A game-console is not common in every household around the world... Correct or delete please.

What N.B.A. Team Drafted Shaquille O'neal in 1992?
L.A. Lakers
Miami Heat
Orlando Magic
Cleveland Cavaliers

Absolute special question. Delete please!

What English Premier League team does John Terry play for (year 2010)?
Manchester United
Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal

Can change anytime+ not common knowledge! Delete please!

Wow you really need to chill out, if every question in this game is not to your liking why do you continue to play? As for the first part of this post, not all of those games are multi-platform in order to be considered multi-platform the game has to be the same on more than one platform. Since Little Big Planet has differences on both PS3 and PSP then it is not a multi-platform game.

As for the Shaq question, he is a famous enough player (who has also acted) that he is easily found on a google search. you do have 5 mins to look for the answer if you do not know it.

And for the last one really? they gave a specific year this year, and while it technically can change still since hte year is not over, maybe you should wait until it does if it does at all before you start going off.

So please relax, take a deep breath, calm down, and try to enjoy the game, if you can't don't play it anymore save this area for problems that are real with questions or at least suggest a way to fix it other than delete everything.
likedKrahn
Végzetúr poronty
16 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
Re: Wrong answer to question
1029. hozzászólás - 2010.04.30. 13:13:55 (Válasz stekkos #20 hozzászólására.)
How much time the moon needs to make one full rotation around its axis?

360 days
24 hours
300 minutes
Moon is not rotating around its axis

Answer is 27.3 earth days:
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/ About_how_long_does_it_take_the_moon_to_rotate_on_its_axis
popularDedhedFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
54 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1030. hozzászólás - 2010.04.30. 15:43:15
What is Malbhoro, Colt or Belmont?
cars
cities
movies
tobacco products

"Malbhoro" got past the evaluaion?
much likedstekkos
Végzetúr poronty
1356 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1031. hozzászólás - 2010.04.30. 19:28:55 (Válasz Dedhed #1030 hozzászólására.)
A lot of misspellings pass, thats why we get to point them out here for the admins to fix them. So dont be suprised
much likedhewman100
Végzetúr poronty
9 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1032. hozzászólás - 2010.04.30. 22:20:15
"Which King Henry won the Battle of Azincourt?"

That should be Agincourt
averageViridel
Végzetúr poronty
796 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1033. hozzászólás - 2010.05.01. 03:22:56
What is the definition of Dinosaur
Listed correct - "Horrible Lizard"
Listed incorrect - "Terrible Lizard"

In 1841, Sir Richard Owen coined the word "dinosaur" to identify the fossils of extinct reptiles. It traces its origins to the Greek words deinos, meaning "terrible" or "fearfully great," and sauros, meaning "lizard."

We have some seriously dino-rific Mods (and in this case, either horrible or terrible are just as accurate).
averageBoar
Végzetúr poronty
154 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1034. hozzászólás - 2010.05.01. 09:57:01 (Válasz Spin #1028 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Spin - 2010.04.30. 12:09:25

Wow you really need to chill out, if every question in this game is not to your liking why do you continue to play? As for the first part of this post, not all of those games are multi-platform in order to be considered multi-platform the game has to be the same on more than one platform. Since Little Big Planet has differences on both PS3 and PSP then it is not a multi-platform game.

As for the Shaq question, he is a famous enough player (who has also acted) that he is easily found on a google search. you do have 5 mins to look for the answer if you do not know it.

And for the last one really? they gave a specific year this year, and while it technically can change still since hte year is not over, maybe you should wait until it does if it does at all before you start going off.

So please relax, take a deep breath, calm down, and try to enjoy the game, if you can't don't play it anymore save this area for problems that are real with questions or at least suggest a way to fix it other than delete everything.

Look, I think you live in another dimension, where is no difference between good and bad questions. Those above are bad, they are not matching the evaluation conditions. With this kind of thinking, you must be some kind of idealist. The conditions are almost clearly defined,so I'm right. I'm not nervous or angry, I'm calm and peaceful like the Dalai Lama. Just trying to clear the database,cause it is full of questions which are not good.Thats all.
And again, just to make it clear:

Multiplatform games: more then one of the possible answers are available on multiple platforms,so the question is not correct literally.And the most important: the players massive percentage are not know those games! This is exactly the special knowledge!

Basketball, Shaq and America: The complete career of a player with dates is special knowledge,only the fans are so specific. It is forbidden in this quiz.

John Terry: Just as above, plus the use of the current year is not a wise choice!

And the point of my post is this: this questions are in a quiz. A quiz is a game of knowledge,I consider it so, I'm not using search engine to find an answer. (Actually,it should be forbidden. If the GM-s want it, hopefully it will change soon,so everyone will be on his own,without search engines,databases).Everyone,who use them is not worthy to gain even the damn 10% SE for it. If you also use those things, you have absolute no right to judge my posts. Everyone can use Google. But not everyone is smart enough to deal with hundreds of quiz questions! I'm trying,and also trying to help the ones like me,by reporting the bad questions.
much likedPhalanxii
Végzetúr poronty
202 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1035. hozzászólás - 2010.05.01. 22:31:45
I don't remember the exact question, but it was something like:
Which of these is a font?
Veranda
German
-can't remember-
Arial

Veranda and Arial are both fonts. This system makes me laugh, as I went with Veranda when the answer was Arial.

Exact question: Which of the great matematicians built foundations of the differential calculus?
Isaac Newton
Someone else
Someone else
Someone else

Isaac was right, but google says there is great controversy over who founded calculus. Wikipedia said Isaac was probably the most famous contributer (which made me go for him), but the question is still unclear. Not to mention the spelling mistake is 'matematicians'.

Please, Please sort this out.
Your very own English Doomlord Encyclopedia!

Have you fought an epic monster recently? Upload the name and HP here!
http://doomlord.wikia.com/epic_monument
much likedSpin
Végzetúr poronty
83 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1036. hozzászólás - 2010.05.02. 04:57:46 (Válasz Boar #1034 hozzászólására.)
Idézet: Boar - 2010.05.01. 09:57:01
Idézet: Spin - 2010.04.30. 12:09:25

Look, I think you live in another dimension, where is no difference between good and bad questions. Those above are bad, they are not matching the evaluation conditions. With this kind of thinking, you must be some kind of idealist. The conditions are almost clearly defined,so I'm right. I'm not nervous or angry, I'm calm and peaceful like the Dalai Lama. Just trying to clear the database,cause it is full of questions which are not good.Thats all.
And again, just to make it clear:

Multiplatform games: more then one of the possible answers are available on multiple platforms,so the question is not correct literally.And the most important: the players massive percentage are not know those games! This is exactly the special knowledge!

Basketball, Shaq and America: The complete career of a player with dates is special knowledge,only the fans are so specific. It is forbidden in this quiz.

John Terry: Just as above, plus the use of the current year is not a wise choice!

And the point of my post is this: this questions are in a quiz. A quiz is a game of knowledge,I consider it so, I'm not using search engine to find an answer. (Actually,it should be forbidden. If the GM-s want it, hopefully it will change soon,so everyone will be on his own,without search engines,databases).Everyone,who use them is not worthy to gain even the damn 10% SE for it. If you also use those things, you have absolute no right to judge my posts. Everyone can use Google. But not everyone is smart enough to deal with hundreds of quiz questions! I'm trying,and also trying to help the ones like me,by reporting the bad questions.

If players where only limited to knowledge on hand then no one would play since it would be almost impossible to get some of these answers. that or the quiz would only hva esimple easy answers, since this is a international game, and there is as of yet no regulated level of teaching around the world. Different countries put greater importance on different subjects. Not to mention that since I grew up in america we use a different measurement system then metric. Does that mean I deserve to get questions wrong because I don't know them in meters, but in feet? I am glad that you hate using search engines and don't want to use them good for you. but you do have to realize this is a game. The quiz is only one part of it, since this isn't a game solely about quizes keep in mind that learning can even be done from a search engine. for example one of the questions about what the bridge of sighs(spelt wrong I know) connects in Venice, I was never taught this, I looked it up once and now I know, so I would say it was specialized knowledge, but it did help me learn something.
much likedSpin
Végzetúr poronty
83 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1037. hozzászólás - 2010.05.02. 04:59:36
I just got this question.

What binds two people, yet touches no one?

the answer given was a wedding ring. Though I think this is wrong since most people wear their wedding rings at least one person is touching it. Might want to change this.
likedValkyrieFérfi
Végzetúr poronty
474 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1038. hozzászólás - 2010.05.02. 08:28:59 (Válasz Phalanxii #1035 hozzászólására.)
true. should be changed to verenda or something...
Inter urinas et faeces homo nascitur
everyone's favoriteShan
Végzetúr poronty
4 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1039. hozzászólás - 2010.05.02. 19:30:35
When joined George Washington his function of president?

This question really needs to be reworded better.
averageArTy99
Végzetúr poronty
1 hozzászólás
Profil megtekintése
1040. hozzászólás - 2010.05.03. 03:02:25
Which animal has the least hair?
Pig
Giraffe
Rhino
Elephand

First of all it is bad written (elephant), and second i would like to know where did he took his data from...
HKK - Zén minikiegészítő: Zén Legendái: A sötétség gyermekeiAz Idő Kereke tovább forog! Megjelent a befejező trilógia utolsó része!