Felhasználónév: Jelszó:

Hozzászólások - Sbart

Dátum: 2011.02.10. 14:18:09
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.02.10. 13:21:58
C'mon guys.
I disagree we are in such bad shape in W2.
We are at 6/21 and almost half the prison for 45/55 is done. Queen 35 is at 33%.
This means we will get those 3 if we keep our pace.
5/15/25 should be easy to build as they probably require much less building.
Problem resides at the 65. This might be our downfall.
But 45/55 players will start helping there pretty soon.
Let's keep struggling and we can do it!!

Cruel.

This is why I asked about the building requirements. If the building required (measured in Build points) is the same for all categories there is no chance that we will make it (World2). If the requirement is lower in the lower categories, we have a much better shot at it.
Dátum: 2011.02.10. 12:49:39
Question about the building part (for the developers):
Does all cages take the same amount of Build points to complete? Or does lower level cages take less BP?
Dátum: 2011.02.08. 22:19:16
Idézet: Svante64 - 2011.02.08. 21:59:07
Which orders these elements from lightest to heaviest: Au, He, O, Pb?
I got this question but there just false answers
it should be He, O, Pb, Au
but I got told that He, O, Au, Pb should be right answer
can anyone correct or delete this quiz?

In order of atomic weight: He (4.0), O (16.0), Au (gold, 196.97), Pb (lead, 207.2).
So it looks like the answer is correct, if we use atomic weight.
If we use density at room temperature, it becomes helium (0.17 g/l), Oxygen (1.4 g/l), Lead (11.34 g/cm3), Gold (19.3 g/cm3).
Which makes the question a bit ambiguous.
Dátum: 2011.02.08. 14:12:18
Just out of curiosity I calculated a rough estimate of how much the Drain would give me from DD battles (I used the average damage I did in the last 5 DD battles I had (only weapon damage)) and I found that I would gain roughly 70 SE extra/battle.
Since I gain 5.5 DD points/Day that is 385 SE extra/day or 140k per year.
140k SE give me roughly 40 builds on the thaumaturgical cage, which is 1600 Build points. So over a period of 1 year it breaks even.

The time is of course influenced by my combat stats, better stats could lower the time dramatically. And this is from DD battles only, duels should give some also.

Verdict (my very personal opinion): Not the best thing in the world, but not as bad as I thought. Could definitely be worth it for a more combat (weapon damage) oriented Doomlord.
Dátum: 2011.02.07. 22:37:31
Idézet: Miklos - 2011.02.07. 20:39:11
This is only the 3rd day of the event, so you shouldn't worry about not being able to win it... If you could build the prisons in 3 days and the event would end in 3 days everyone would be sad.

Yes, if the queen is killed but the prison is incomplete, the queen will resurrect at 25% life.

We collected data for 1 month before the event to know how many active players are there, what is there damage potential etc. We determined numbers separately for each world based on these statistics.

LydonB: about the prizes, people calculated that the focus crystals or the quest bonus might be like 3-4000 SE per day for a lvl 60-80 char. If you think that is not good enough, alongside with your pets gaining like 40 levels during the event, you might still choose not to participate. We did our best to give satisfying returns, but players always have the freedom of choice. And do not envy the Hun servers for starting earlier: you only win by getting a more thoroughly tested event.

Thanks Miklos, really nice to hear that collected data before and didn´t just use the total number of players.
As I said before: I like a challenge, and I hope we can win.

What is the penalty for losing? Other than we don´t get the rewards.
Dátum: 2011.02.07. 18:47:57
As far as I understand the event it goes like this:
You attack and build the prison for the Queen in your category. If it is down, you help the category above you. If the prison is done, you help the category above you. If/when the Queen in category above you is down and imprisoned, you help the category below.

So if the level 5 Queen is not taken down and Imprisoned, higher level people will eventually get there and help out.

Now the problem is really how the number of Build points needed for each Queen is calculated. Is it 4 BP per day per player in that category or is it 4 BP per day per active player in that category? If it is the former we might as well give up now, since there are a few thousand* inactive level 1-5 players (on world 2 at least).
I don´t mind a challenging event, but there has to at least be a fighting chance.

* World 2 list 15211 players, of which I would say maybe 10% are active (that would make it around 1500-2000 players on the server). If Beholder were smart they would check how many players were active (logged in at least once in the week before the event) and base the BP needed on that number. There is a ceratain difference between 15000 players building 160 BP each per day and 2000 players building 1200 BP/day (which is what we have to do to compensate for the inactive players.
Dátum: 2011.02.07. 14:37:32
* 2 ring focus crystals: +2, +4, +6, +8% soul-draining (only if you don't have the following focus crystal!)
* 2 necklace focus cryszals: +2, +4, +6, +8% soul-draining (only if you don't have the above focus crystal!)

doesn't really help against crystal dudes since they have the "Drain soul protection: +20%" boots. I can only hit 3-4 players other than the crystal dudes so it doesn't really help me that much.

I can only agree, the value of these are highly individual.

* 1, 2, 3, 4% bonus for half year to quest reward SE

I only have 1 normal quest available now (lvl 71 one) so i only do the only repeatable quests. the 4% bonus is like 600 se per quest..

You will probably do normal quests even after you have access to repeatable quest, but even so you might do 1 repeatable quest/week=14400 or so extra SE. Not that much maybe.

* 2, 4, 6, 8% bonus for half year to AA points

There are not many AA skills i'd really love (I already got the ones i wanted). there are some that are nice, but not

Also highly dependent on what one likes, but this bonus can not be translated into SE.

* spacerift potion (switches your Energy Harness with Disadvanced Development skill or vica versa at no cost): 3, 6, 9, 12 potions.

I have EH skill and I don't plan on switching to DD.

I am looking at this one and thinking: "Maybe. What if I would use DD for two weeks and only hunt and then switch to EH for two weeks only Dueling, using all the DP I saved during the last two weeks that I was only hunting, and then switch again. I would get the "full" benefit from both DD and EH for 6 months!"
Maybe not that bad actually, but it would require the acceleration options and changes playstyle quite dramatically.

* soul diamonds: level x 50, level x 100, level x 150, level x 200.

This is the only reward that I'd really want.

This is a huge amount of soul-diamonds. Huge.

* increase or decrease infection by 1, 2, 3, 4%

0% infection so doesn't help me at all. I'm pretty sure i can't go to 1% infection and back to 0% to get the attribute reward again.

Highly dependent on your level.

* 10, 20, 30, 40 bonus to trade skill for half year (but does not increase the skill beyond maximum)

I already have max trade so this one doesn't help me.

Great benefit for people that don't have max Trade.

But all this is for nothing unless we actually defeat and imprison the Queens.
Dátum: 2011.02.07. 13:01:26
I have one question about the building: Is the amount needed to finish the thaumaturgical cages been adjusted according to how many active players there are on each world? Or is it the same on all worlds (including Hungarian worlds)?
Dátum: 2011.02.07. 10:25:38
Idézet: Inv_ - 2011.02.07. 09:33:48

When it costs ~10m raw se built with 40 building skill and there are only 4 players that take part into killing a queen (lvl 65 queen world2) that's 2.5m raw se per player. I'd rather build 7.5m into the clan buildings; that will get me way better bonuses than the event rewards. The building target is just too high to be worth it.

Well, if I understand the event you will get help. As soon as the category below you finish building their prison they will start building on your prison. But if we don't finish the prisons (all of the prisons) we don't get the rewards.

But I can only agree that you (and everyone else) have to make a call and determine for themselves if the rewards are worth the effort. I think the rewards are worth it, so I will make an effort.
Dátum: 2011.02.06. 18:39:13
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.02.06. 16:15:00
Hum... I didn't know that.
So apparently, the event was made for hunters.

Cruel.

I think the idea was that people with EH should get something, but it appears that the SE gain is low (too low perhaps).
Dátum: 2011.02.06. 15:42:33
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.02.06. 15:28:50
Miklos,
This is exactly what I said. The focus crystals are not re-usable, but as we get 2, we can use them in 2 different necklaces/rings.
You also keep referring to xeno fights that give 0 XP. There is no such thing! They all give XP and very little SE.

Cruel.

Fights against the Xeno using DP gives 0 XP, unless you have the Energy Harness skill in which case the fight gives SE and XP.
Dátum: 2011.02.05. 18:04:32
Idézet: Cruel01 - 2011.02.05. 14:58:32
I didn't understand the building competition. Do I get only 1 point per activation?
If this is the case, then it will 27 points from manacon (1 per day for 3 weeks).
How am I supposed to reach 1,600 builds??? Using millions of SE??

Cruel.

P.S. Still waiting to be credited 3 DPs that I didn't get when drinking the potion due to a bug.

I think you get (Build skill) Build points every time you build, so with max Building you get 40 Build points every time you build.
Dátum: 2011.02.04. 23:40:17
Idézet: Inv_ - 2011.02.04. 23:22:16
Damage dealt doesn't matter at all? seems a bit meh.. i can beat the current queen in my manabuiding gear

Look under the Statistics tab and you will see the % of HP left on the Queen. If you don´t kill her, you loose in the end and get no reward...so damage done matters.
Dátum: 2011.02.04. 19:32:27
Idézet: D00ml0rd - 2011.02.04. 19:22:15
what exactly are the rewards for this event?

i saw the original list but it appears things have changed and i cant really find a complete list of what is actually on offer.

please point me to this or update thread and why cant these things be included int he desc ription of event under Misc menu for players

if players dont actually read forum and im sure alot dont how do they know what this event is about actually?

Under the Xeno War tab there is a tab called Rewards. Most of the information is there.
Dátum: 2011.02.04. 09:42:53
Idézet: quint - 2011.02.04. 07:53:00
They probably want to get it fixed first before they start it on Doomlord worlds. It's already running on the Hungarian worlds, and to put it mildly, it's not without problems. I assume they wouldn't like the same situation repeated here, hence the delay.

Wait a minute! Let me get this straight: The event has started on the Hungarian worlds and is full of problems? What?

I don't get it. This entire game is dependent on these kind of events, so why run them only on the Hungarian servers? Once again we who play on the international servers feel like some kind of second class citizens whom the developers (and admins) don't talk to and don't get the latest developments (I'm looking at the quiz categorization).
I just don't understand, can someone please explain to me?
Dátum: 2011.02.03. 08:42:37
Idézet: RedGugu - 2011.01.31. 18:30:03
Idézet: Miklos - 2011.01.26. 21:48:59
Good news, we are almost finished with the programming, we are testing the event now and making sure everything is fine. We are launching it in a few days!

How is the testing coming along on this one ?

Anything about this event?
Dátum: 2011.02.02. 10:03:37
Idézet: baggybag - 2011.02.02. 05:45:10
i know what you mean but i dont understand why new players cannot play this game. high level/powerful players cannot effect new players in this game. as i see it the only thing they may loose is duelling and if enough new players begin, they can even make enough duels with each other and make the game more interesting.

I totally agree with this. Even if you start on W2 today, and there are people there >60 levels above you, they can´t touch you! In essence there are already multiple "worlds" within each world, since you only can interact (i.e. duel) people in a certain level range.
Dátum: 2011.01.31. 15:34:49
One of the things used to sell this game to players is that you don't have to log in every day and you can "easily catch up" if you don't play for a few days. This is true for most things in the game, with some notable exceptions. One of these exceptions is mana-construction, which is limited to once/day.
My suggestion is simple: We should be able to save up mana-construction points (MCP). These MCP regenerates at one/day and we can have a maximum of (Mage tower level) at a time.

What does this mean in practice? It is probably better to build with mana-construction once/day, since you still need a lot of spell points to build a lot. But if I am away for a few days I can catch up with my mana-construction by using the rest function and/or mana potions.

What do people think?
Dátum: 2011.01.31. 15:26:10
I think I'm done with the game. A combination of boredom, irritation and lack of challenge.

Come on Viridel, don't quit. Who is going to fill this forum with posts if you are not around?

There is no end-game planned, just a continuous rehash of events, and an endless loop of Hunt-Spend. There are so few players in my attack range, that whole area of the game is pointless (Crystal Clan doesn't count). There is no goal we can work towards. Like the Energizer Bunny - it just keeps going and going - no end in sight - no actual benefit to being a good player.

Yes, there is no endgame. Personally, i don't see this as a problem, but to each one his own.
The lack of players though, is much more serious. Three servers, and basically a few hundred players* spread over them. Maybe a server merger would be an idea?

* A number completely taken out of thin air.

Even the Clans are boring - there's no incentive for War, as Citadel damage far exceeds any gains from war. And the Clan interaction system is so underdeveloped (CHAT ROOM!! MASS MESSAGING!!! - Only been asking for these things for more than a year!) that there is nothing there to hold interest.

This I totally agree with (I have complained about the Citadel before). This is stupid. Either the game should have a good pvp (including Clan wars) or just not have it. Removing the Citadel of Destruction would be a good place to start, and redesigning Clan wars so that they are profitable and somewhat fair would make the game more competitive and appealing.

Irritation:
The Quiz system is once more a farce. Like, utter shit. When you can buy relics that let you skip questions, that's the Admins saying "we know this part sucks, so here's a way around it - if you spend money, of course". Then there's the fiasco with the new event - The PLAYER DESIGNED event... Didn't work out that way, eh? The Admins don't read the Forum (their words, not mine), which means they don't care about anything other than our money. The game isn't getting better, so why support it?

The quiz...what to say about the quiz? The fact that the quiz error thread has >2500 posts should be some kind of indication that there is something wrong.
And the Admins not reading the forum: This makes me a bit angry. They post a bit about a new event (of course it is not going to be exactly like the one the players proposed) and then nothing. Nothing. And then suddenly some more info, because there has been a discussion on the Hungarian boards. So the Hungarian boards get developer attention while we get...nothing. Not a word. Not a comment. Nothing. And then...nothing.

Competitive Balance:
If I spent all my APs, and blitzed Abilities, I could be #2 in World 2. And be able to attack 3-4 players. The goal of a game should be to succeed - but there's no incentive to here. Why am I gaining levels? Why am I increasing attributes? There is NO PURPOSE! Again, the lack of an End-Game "dooms" this game for me, I think.

Increasing attributes and skills I can see the reason for, it's so I can challenge more challenging content (Epics and Entities mainly). But there is a serious design flaw in that gaining a level is a bad thing. Come on, you should get a substantial bonus for gaining a level. Otherwise, what's the point of gaining levels?
I am in no way against a level-free system, but if there is levels they should be used in a positive manor, not like some kind of penalty.

So, as the title of this thread says:

Any Reason I Should Stay?

Mostly because we like having you around.
Because the game is quite nice, and shouldn't occupy your entire day, just log on and mess around a bit and see wherever it goes.
Dátum: 2011.01.25. 11:50:46
Idézet: Valkyrie - 2011.01.25. 09:31:21
I'm sick of getting lvl 25 DG items (being lvl 60 myself). I've also never gotten an item above lvl 45! Does anyone have any idea how the levels are distributed? When will higher items come into play? Why do even DG battles give items 35! levels beneath yours?!

The highest level Rings and Necklaces from the DG battles are Level 29. The only items from DG battles with a higher level are Focus crystals. If you want a higher level Ring/Neck you need to take down epics or entities.

I would see the Rings/Necks that drop from DG at your level as extra Gold ducats.